• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 1,202 Views, 61 Comments

City Scape - TigerSwirl448



Rainbow Dash has to clear Twilight Sparkle’s name of a crime she didn't commit and save Cloudsdale from terrorists that want to control the city. Inspired by Mirror's Edge.

  • ...
18
 61
 1,202

Chapter 8: First Contact

Chapter 8
First Contact

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Gilda Griffin stood in her private elevator leading down deeper in the underground. She looked at herself in the reflective doors seeing her annoyed glare. The ding of the bell rung as the elevator doors opened allowing her to leave. She stopped outside the elevator with her hands in her pants pockets looking around her with a growing smirk.

Before her was the heart of the Griffin Security Forces. A giant room filled with giant television screens, desks with computers, and a large hologram table sitting on the lower level in the center of the room. Surrounding the hologram table were officers of various ranks with headsets who were watching the table for movements from sensors. The sensors that were placed in almost every place imaginable, sending data to the computers and then to the hologram table.

This was the true GFS Headquarters.

One woman standing by the wall was staring at the giant monitors and writing on the tablet she had in her hand. At the corner of her eye she noticed Gilda standing by the elevator. The woman cleared her throat before standing at attention. "Attention!" She shrieked causing many to turn and see Gilda Griffin at the elevator walking down the stairs leading to her balcony that overlooked everyone and everything. Immediately every worker stood up and saluted with their fists to their hearts.

Gilda stopped at the rail where she could look straight down at the hologram table. She turned to the woman and nodded to her. The woman that previously shrieked cleared her throat again. "At ease!" She cried causing all of the workers to lower their fists to their sides. Gilda reached to the side container to pull out a small ear piece and placed it on her ear pressing the tiny button to turn it on so every worker could hear her speak.

"As you were." Gilda ordered as she looked down and flipped a switch under the ear piece container. She blinked and noticed lights shimmering over the rail. She smiled seeing a large hologram screen form on the rail. She reached into the container to pull out a pair of copper lined gloves with metal finger tips. Once pulling them on, she pressed her finger on the floating screen and revealed the GSF sigil with files lining on the right side of the screen. She moved her hands together then pulled them apart to create a window on the hologram screen to see every computer online.

"Number 568, report." Gilda ordered as everyone took their seats or return to their posts. The one called number 568 stood up from his computer fixing his ear piece. He was a young man in his mid-twenties.

"Commander," He said saluting with his fist to his chest. "Team Purple of squad 90 have infiltrated a drug ring in the middle district. Everyone and everything has been seized."

"The drugs?" Gilda asked.

"Being taken care of as we speak." The man said bowing his head.

"As you were then." Gilda said allowing the worker to sit at his computer. "Captain Yale," Gilda addressed seeing one of the officers at the hologram table look up and salute. "Any new information on Project Horizons?"

The captain shook his head. "Nothing as of yet. It's still a work in progress and our ... workers are going on a hunger strike again."

Gilda growled. "Damnit, what are they complaining now?" She said angrily. Several of the workers looked to Gilda with fear seeing her angry.

The captain sighed. "We already sent an agent there at the factory. Hopefully he’ll get to the bottom of it." He said worriedly.

"He better be. I'm getting tired of waiting for that damn Project to be completed! Get it done! The sooner we get that project done we can work on others and finally finished what we started."

"Of course, Commander." The captain said bowing. "I'll see to it."

Gilda snarled audibly. "Number 880, I want a report on the whereabouts of that rainbow haired brat and her runners."

A woman stood up saluting. "I have nothing in the coms, Commander. I fear that the computer tech of their group found our spy code and destroyed it."

Gilda snarled again. "Great work in failing something as simple as planting a bug in their program." The woman shrunk in her jacket with fear. "Get her out of my sight!" Gilda ordered as two Griff soldiers walked into the room grabbing the woman and drag her away. Gilda sighed rubbing the bridge of her nose in irritation.

"Ma'am?" A soldier said saluting. Gilda growled turning to him seeing him holding a slip of paper. Gilda took the slip and read it to herself.

"Hmph, why am I not surprised." Gilda grouched. "I want you to find an excuse to block every radio playing the message, you hear me?"

"The only radio talking about the disappearances is that one station in low town by DJPon3."

Gilda groaned again. "When will my job get easier again?" She said shaking her head. "Just block her signal."

"We’ve tried that commander." The soldier said worriedly. Gilda groaned slapping her hand over her eyes feeling a headache coming on.

"Right, she's a computer tech." Gilda sighed. "Well find something and send her producer another few hundred bills to keep him on our side. I want her show to be turned off."

The soldier saluted before running off. Gilda sighed shaking her head reading the slip of paper again before crumbling it up and stuff it into her pocket.

"One day," She whispered. "Not now, but someday that DJ, along with those that oppose me, will pay dearly for going against me."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Flash Sentry was walking along the sidewalk at the edge of Low Town. He kept his eyes peeled for any trouble or mysterious characters that might be watching him. Keeping his black jacket zipped to hide his blue shirt, he kept on walking. He turned by chance down an alley he walked past and stopped in his step to notice something peculiar.

He walked backwards to look into the alley again and noticed a young woman trying to reach up to the fire escape against the rundown apartment building. He blinked a few times noticing the two large black suitcases on the floor sitting against the wall. He also noticed her colorful clothing that told him that this girl was not a commoner here in Cloudsdale. He watched her jump up and down and smirked watching her skirt fly up and down from her jumping hoping to see more. After a moment he chuckled, shaking his head not wanting to see more of the ridiculous hopping.

"Hello," Flash called surprising the girl causing her to turn towards him seeing her purple eyes to him. "Do you need some help, miss?" He asked politely looking her up and down.

Twilight Sparkle smiled in relief. "Oh yes please, I'm trying to grab the ladder." Twilight said pointing up. "I can't seem to reach it. I'm just a couple of inches short." Flash nodded as he stood under the alder then sprang up, grabbing the rung, and pulled the ladder down to the ground. He patted the old metal.

"Here you go."

"Thank you." Twilight said grabbing one of the black suitcases looking up at the ladder then back at the case. "Um do you mind ... sticking around longer?" She asked blushing with embarrassment.

Flash smirked as he leaned against the ladder looking at her. "Sure. The name's Flash. Flash Sentry." He said holding out his hand. Twilight smiled setting down her case to shake his hand.

"Twilight Sparkle, and thank you for helping me, Flash."

Flash snorted. "It's no trouble. Seeing a lady like you in this part of town is pretty rare."

Twilight blinked with a light blush seeing his grin.

"Oh um, well I’m not from here actually." Twilight said lifting up her back pack and slugging it over her shoulders. "I'm from Canterlot. I'm here with the princesses."

Flash blinked a couple of times with surprise. "Wait, you're the girl that people have been talking about?"

Twilight’s face went into a deeper blush. People were actually talking about her?

"Really? I thought people have been ignoring me." She said surprised. Flash smirked.

"Are you kidding? Of course people have bene talking about you, they call you the purple eye sore. The way you’re dressed, sure shows that you're an outsider."

Twilight wasn’t sure to feel happy or insulted as Flash chuckled.

"So what are you doing in the dangerous part of the city? Shouldn't you be with those princesses?" Flash asked.

Twilight felt anger hearing his tone. "Well I'm afraid I have more important matters than parties. My real reason for coming here is to do environmental studies of the air here in Cloudsdale."

Flash gave her a look. "Lady, you lost me at that E-word."

"Environmental?"

"Uh yeah whatever you just said." He said shrugging. Twilight blinked bewildered by Flash’s words.

"It’s something huge in science huh?"

"Um yes, it's into science." Twilight said patiently.

Flash nodded looking at her two cases. "And what are these?" He asked lifting up one of the cases feeling weight to them. "Heavy aren’t they?"

"Well, yes these cases have my equipment. That one you got contains my telescope, the one in here," Twilight said patting the second case beside her. "Contains my experiment equipment."

Flash nodded then looked up. "So you were planning on going up to the roof tops?"

"Precisely right." Twilight said smiling a touch looking up. "However I can use a little help sending my equipment up to the roof top."

Flash nodded as he took the telescope case and began climbing up the ladder with ease surprising Twilight greatly. Once at the top Flash set down the case then went back down to the ground.

"Oh be careful." Twilight exclaimed watching Flash speed back down then dropped to the ground in a squat. He stood back up with a charming smile.

"You worry about me?"

"Well I didn't want you to hurt yourself." Twilight said with worry. Flash scoffed at that chuckling.

"Lady, I live on the edge. Like everyone else in Low Town. You’re just lucky I stumbled upon you and not a rapist."

Twilight jumped at that as Flash took the second case and began climbing back up the fire escape. Twilight shook her head looking around her now with fear as she began following Flash up the ladder to the fire escape and followed him up the rickety steps to the rooftop. Once there Twilight looked around her amazed by the view.

"Wow!" She breathed looking around her seeing the taller buildings past the train bridge. "They're even more breathtaking from here." She said in awe. Flash set the cases down on the roof top and looked up noticing the lone silo and gulped seeing an old spray paint stencil of a lightning bolt striking an apple. Rainbow's Territory. He turned to see Twilight too busy looking at the tall buildings. He looked Twilight up and down again seeing how naïve she looked. Her stance, and attitude spoke of someone that has never been in the real world before.

Suddenly a plan began to form in his mind as he smiled a wolf grin. He noticed many old posters hanging on the silo and pulled one off, he found an old rusted nail on the ground. He placed the poster over Rainbow’s territory mark and used the rusted nail to stick the paper in place. He turned back around to check his surroundings to make sure he didn’t find any of Rainbow's Couriers around. Once he learned that the coast was clear he walked over to Twilight, his plan he had been thinking up for the last year will be completed, thanks to this naïve girl. A very important naïve girl.

"So, is that all the help you require?" Flash asked. Twilight jumped and turned to him with a nod.

"Oh yes, thank you so much for your help Flash. I wish there was something I could repay you with." She said thinking as she pulled off her pack to find some loose change to pay him for his help. Flash shook his head.

"No payment of the sorts." Flash said shrugging his shoulders sticking his hands into his pockets. "Or maybe you can pay me with a favor sometime in the future." He said smiling slyly as Twilight looked up from her pack.

"Oh, do you believe we might meet up again?" She asked curiously. Flash shrugged.

"I live here remember. How long will you be here doing your science stuff?"

Twilight shrugged. "Possibly a month or two. Experiments like this take time."

Flash smirked nodding. "Well then I guess I'll have to visit often then." He said backing away. "Oh and Twilight, fair warning." He said. "Watch your back on the roof tops. You never know who's your friend and who's your enemy." He warned cryptically causing Twilight to blink remembering Spelling's earlier warnings. Twilight turned to confront Flash only to find him gone.

"Flash?" She called looking for him, she can only see the rooftop and the skyline. No sign of the blue haired young man anywhere. "Oh well. I'll ask him next time." She whispered walking to her case to see the silo by her. She smiled at a brilliant idea. "That's the perfect place to set up my devices." She dragged her cases to the large rundown silo and began unpacking her equipment.

Twilight grabbed the tripod for her telescope and found the rungs of an old ladder on the wooden frame and began climbing up to the very top of the wooden roof and set up her tripod. After setting the tripod up she looked down and gulped feeling the shakes as she turned away looking at the skyscrapers to end the swaying feeling she had form looking down.

"Note to self, don't look down."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Flash landed on the ground in a squat inside a runoff drain surprising the woman in a large hoodie with a giant hood covering most of her face. The woman growled.

"Where have you been? I stick out like a sore thumb!" The girl hissed. Flash dusted himself off as he walked past her.

"Come on before the Griff Bird finds us." Flash said grinning. "Race you"

Flash sprinted off with the hooded girl behind him. As they sprint through the runoff drain they went down under a bridge hearing the traffic above them as they passed then turned a corner to see a door. Flash leaped up the three foot ledge with the girl behind him. Flash kicked down the door and walked into the hall past several steaming pipes then into a small empty room with dials and knobs for the steaming pipes.

Flash turned to the girl to see her busy pulling her hood back up.

"We are hiding you know." Flash deadpanned.

"I don’t want to take any chances." She said sourly looking around. "Anyway about the plan?"

"I think I just found something even better." Flash interrupted grinning.

"What's better than the original plan?" She asked.

"Well, we still have to find someone to take the fall."

"Right and I thought we were going to have Rainbow and Applejack take the fall."

Flash nodded leaning against the wall. "True, but even then we both know that is risky."

The girl snarled audibly. "What more change can we do? We only have two more weeks before the princesses leave. Our target will be gone by the time we agree on this shit! Not to mention the boss is getting edgier than usual because we haven’t done what he wants yet."

"Just hear me out." Flash said calmly holding up his hands. "What if we pin the blame on someone else entirely?"

The girl looked up at him fingering her chin. "Like who?"

Flash smirked. "Think about this for a second. If we pin this heist on Dash and Smith, they're runners."

"Yeah, so?"

"Well so are we. Either way the blame will be pinned on all runners not just Dash and Smith."

The girl crossed her arms across her chest. "Okay, so your plan is?"

Flash smirked. "If we pin the heist on someone completely out of the runners then the Griffs will be too busy focusing on her, and her alone. Not on us."

The girl smirked. "First off, who is this she? Rarity? Vinyl? Who?"

Flash grinned. "Perhaps a naïve girl that is a huge purple eye sore in the city? The girl that can get away with everything because she's with the princesses?"

The girl began to smile. "Sentry, that's the best idea I've ever heard." Then she frowned. "But why the Princesses’ pet?"

Flash grinned. "It seems that Twilight Sparkle is spending a lot of time here even after the summit when the royals have to leave. I'll be spending some time with her and I'll gather some things."

"Hmm, I like this idea better. Less trouble and easier. So how naïve is she?"

"Very." Flash said chuckling. "So easy."

"What about Celestia and Luna? From rumors they consider her like a daughter. What if they come to her aid?" The girl asked worriedly. “When the boss learns of this he’ll be pissed saying we shouldn’t have caused too much attention towards us.”

Flash frowned looking down at the ground. "We'll just make sure that the Griffs keep her locked up tight. Griff politics are simple.”

"Guilty until proven innocent." The girl finished chuckling. "Then get as much damning proof as possible to make sure they're distracted."

Flash nodded checking his watch with a curse. "Shit, the Dumb brothers will be wondering where I am. I better get back to the stinking underground."

The girl nodded. "Same with me. I got some things to do. Next time we meet?" She asked.

"I'll contact you." Flash said before he looked up behind him to see an opened vent for him to crawl through. "You take the entrance, I'll take the vent. Oh and don’t worry about the old man. He did leave the planning to us right?" Flash said smirking before running up the wall to grab the vent then crawled inside as the girl chuckled and ran out the door.

Flash crawled through the vent until he reached a tunnel where he jumped down just as a train sped past him. He stood firm as the train disappeared in the underground tunnels of the subway. He looked both ways and jogged across the tracks to a ladder and climbed up where he found a door and went out in the outside.

He shut the door behind him, fixed his hair, his jacket, and dusted off his pants and merged with the crowd.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Twilight looked at her watch to notice the time and looked around her to realize the sun was setting. She stood up from her equipment setting with a groan holding her lower back feeling the soreness from being crouched in one place for too long.

She looked around her then back at the sky. "Well, I better get back to the hotel before it gets too dark." She said to herself as she looked down at her equipment all set up. A beaker for catching air vapor, a small wind turbine to measure wind speeds, and an electric thermometer with a small flash drive attached to it to measure the temperature and collect the data. Everything seemed to be ready for gathering control samples before she began. She sighed walking back to admire her setup. She looked at the silo behind her setup to see her telescope set up at the roof of the silo. She smiled hoping her telescope will stay up even with the added attachments to keep it on the roof.

She grabbed her backpack pulling it on her back and pushed her cases under the silo to hide them from would be thieves. As a security precaution she had placed a loud alarm siren on her set to scare away thieves that dare want to take the equipment. Hoping and praying that her things would still be where she left them when she returned.

Twilight walked over to the fire escape watching her surroundings having a strange feeling in the back of her mind that she was being watched. She stopped to look around again seeing nothing but buildings and birds. She looked down in the alley then back up feeling the hairs at the back of her neck rise up. She looked toward the direction her sense told her to look to see nothing but a taller building above her. There was nothing there that she could see. She swallowed and went over the edge her feet hitting the fire escape hearing it clank loudly.

She quickly walked down the creaking steps then reached the ladder where she rode it down then leaped off to the alley in a squat and a wince from the pain in her ankles from the landing. She slowly sat up looking up at the building then began jogging away, hoping to get back before it got too dark.

However there was someone watching her. On the roof where Twilight felt the unnerving presence, were two young women watching the alley. It was Flitter and Cloud Chaser. The twins looked to one another with worry.

"This isn't good." Flitter said worriedly. "Who is that and what did she do?" She asked pulling out her binoculars to see the strange equipment set up on the roof top three stories below them.

"I don't know." Cloud Chaser said reaching for her IPod turning on the communication feed.

Flitters blinked looking at the top of the silo to see the telescope unsure of what it is. "Is that some sort of satellite? I've never seen anything like that before." Flitter said with a touch of fear and wonder of the new object.

Cloud Chaser shook her head. "Don’t look at me. Maybe Dash might know."

"Why do you think that?"

"She’s smarter and older, seen more things than us anyway." Chaser answered simply placing her ear buds on making sure her microphone was working.

"Hey Thunderlane." Cloud Chaser spoke as Flitter turned to her waiting for a response. "Something is up .... Where’s Rainbow?"

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Rainbow Dash was sitting on a roof top watching a public park. She sighed watching children playing in the park with their parents watching on or playing along. She smiled watching a boy tossing a baseball to his father, a young girl playing tag with her friends, and even watching a teenager tossing a Frisbee to his friend who caught it midair and a cheer that followed soon after.

Rainbow sighed rubbing her scrapped fingers looking down at her scuffed pants and shoes. She turned away looking towards the city's skyscrapers seeing the glass buildings.

"Hey Dash!" A voice called out. Rainbow turned to notice Ditzy sliding to a stop panting hard. She's still wearing a small pack that would have carried messages.

"What's up?" Rainbow asked looking back towards the park watching parents calling their children for home.

Ditzy panted for a second then straighten up. "Thunderlane has been trying to contact you since earlier."

Dash blinked looking up at her. "Really?" She said standing up to reach into her pocket for her IPod to try and turn it on only to find it dead in her hand. "Drat, my battery must have ran out."

Ditzy smirked as she held up hers. "I found her, Thunderlane. Her battery was dead. She'll talk through mine." She pulled off her ear piece to hand the device to Rainbow for her to talk through. She stuck the ear bud into her ear patting Ditzy’s back for a silent thanks.

"Hey, sorry, I didn't realize you were ...." She paused hearing Thunderlane’s fast rambling. "Okay. Okay slow it down T. Now take a deep breath and tell me what is happening?"

Ditzy walked over to take the second bud to listen as well wanting to know what was going on to cause Thunderlane to panic.

"It's bad, very bad!" Thunderlane said panicked.

"Okay, what’s wrong?" Rainbow asked looking around her.

"Chaser and Flitter were returning from a drop and they discovered someone hanging around one of our power silos."

Rainbow and Ditzy looked at one another in shock.

"Griffs?" Rainbow asked.

"They’re not sure. I'm hacking into the camera feeds now to see if there was a camera near the area." Thunderlane said typing fast on his keyboard. He growled audibly. "Damnit, there are no Griff cameras in the area."

"Which Silo?" Rainbow asked.

"It's the one on the old apartment building, on Wonderbolt and fifty-fifth."

"Vinyl's silo?" Rainbow asked hearing Thunderlane’s grunt in response.

"VCG," Thunderlane said.

Ditzy was confused. "Um newbie here. What's the VCG?" She asked.

"When Vinyl was still a member of the Couriers, she created a new mainframe that is what we use today." Rainbow answered simply. "So with a bunch of stolen computers and old broken down computer equipment, she was able to rework them and create a huge mainframe for us to do our hacks and such." Rainbow said with a shrug. "We picked one of the silos we used to use as a hideout and made it as a safe place to keep the mainframe block Vinyl built. We called it the VCG ever since."

Ditzy blinked. "Wow, she's good."

Rainbow smirked as Thunderlane chuckled. "Oh yeah," He said. "It was thanks to her that we are so tech savvy. Better than the Griffs I bet. "

"Anyway so there was a stranger hanging around the VCG?" Rainbow asked.

"Yeah, the twins got close enough to get a good look at the stranger. By the way she was dressed the stranger is a girl."

Rainbow nodded thinking. "Griff?"

"No, they said that she's dressed in purple." Thunderlane said with worry.

Ditzy and Dash looked at each other in confusion.

"Purple?" They asked.

"Won't she be like a target?" Ditzy asked.

"That's what Flitter and Chaser said. They caught her right when she was leaving. Since I don’t have an eye on the place, I don’t really have an idea what is really down there."

"What did Flitter say?" Rainbow asked seriously.

"She thinks there is type of satellite on the silo roof with some sort of shiny equipment sitting on the roof top."

Rainbow blinked bewildered. "What?" She asked in shock.

"Look I'm going with what she said. That’s why I was trying to reach you."

Rainbow nodded thinking. "Alright, let me check it out. I'm taking Ditzy's IPod for communication. She’s on her way back." Rainbow turned to see Ditzy salute as she pulled out the second ear bud and ran off back to HQ. Rainbow stuck the second bud into her ear looking around her as she stuck the IPod into her sling around her arm.

"Alright, I got you on the screen." Thunderlane said seeing the yellow light on his computer screen. "I told Flitter and Chaser to stay where they are, they'll be waiting for you."

Rainbow nodded and started trotting towards the direction of the disturbance. "Alright, tell them I'm on my way. I'll be there in a few minutes."

"Roger."

Rainbow began her jog to the end of the roof to look around for a faster way to get to her destination. As she looked around she could see billboards, cranes, and some power cables connected from building to building. She sighed scratching the back of her head and groaned in annoyance feeling her dirty hair between her fingers. She made a mental note to take a much needed shower soon before it got too cold.

That was when Rainbow turned to see a power cable connected from her building to another building two blocks away. The line had a low slant, her eyes moved from the wire following it to a soft landing spot on a smaller building. She smirked running to the line testing if it was strong enough to hold her weight. Once she was sure the power cable was stable she reached into her zipped pants pocket to pull out her gloves and pulled them on. She learned many times through fast sprints to not slide down a rope or cable without some form of protection on her hands. Though they might have been calloused from years of wear and tear, rope burns were the worst kind of pain a runner could get.

She gripped on the rope in a loose grip then backed away again for a running start. She made the dash to the line and leaped into the air. Before falling she grabbed the cable with both hands and felt herself speed up in a downhill slide. She winced feeling the cold bite of air on her face and feeling the growing warmth through her gloves. She looked down seeing her landing spot, timing it right she released her hold and fell to the spot.

Rainbow landed in a hard squat with a grunt as she stood back up looking around her and smiled. She leaped off the boxes and started running to Wonderbolt and fifth-fifth street.

While running, she jumped, climbed, slid, and shimmy her way through the neighborhood until she reached the edge of Low Town where she pants slightly looking around. She pressed the button on connecting to the feed.

"CC, Flitter, you copy?" Rainbow asked with a sigh.

"Copy," Flitter answered.

"I'm here," Rainbow said looking around her. "Which building are you at?" She asked looking around for her friends.

"We see you." Cloud Chaser replied. Rainbow blinked seeing something and saw Flitter waving her arms. Rainbow waved back and started to their position. She climbed up the drain pipe to the roof to meet up with the twins. Rainbow turned to the building with the silo holding the VCG. She could see the strange equipment and what looked to be a telescope sitting on the roof.

"Well, you got me worried over nothing." Rainbow said smirking.

"What do you mean?" Flitter asked curiously. Rainbow pointed at the telescope on the roof.

"You thought that was a satellite?" Rainbow said giggling.

"Um..." Flitter said with a deep blush as Cloud Chaser was keeping an eye out for Griffs.

"It's fine." Rainbow said before frowning. "That’s a telescope. A fancy one for that matter."

"Yeah but what is that thingy with all the shiny stuff?" Flitter asked pointing at the equipment sitting on the roof.

"I'll check it out. Be back in a jiff." Rainbow saluted with her finger and leaped off the roof top to make it to the roof with the silo in a roll. She leaped back up her feet then looked around her to make sure there were no cameras. Once she was sure she was safe she walked over to the equipment set. Immediately she knew it wasn't dangerous but it was something she had never seen before.

The shiny things were actually glass containers with tubes. She was going to touch the thermometer when she suddenly noticed a blue wire. She paused to look at the wire then followed it to a small black box. From experience in the past, seeing wires connected to boxes must mean a bomb or a trap. This must be there to prevent someone from either stealing the objects or it’ll explode. But seeing how fancy and clean this equipment looked, it must be brand new and not to be destroyed.

Rainbow stepped back scratching her head under the strap of her goggles confused.

"What is this then?" She asked out loud.

"What do you think?" Flitter asked. "Is it dangerous?"

Rainbow shook her head still confused as she walked around the equipment stand. "It's nothing, nothing like surveillance or anything." She said crouching down to touch the wind turbine to feel the plastic propellers hitting her finger as it spun lazily with the breeze. "There is some sort of wire attached to a box, a trigger to a trap or something."

"A bomb?" Cloud Chaser asked.

"I don’t think so." Rainbow said unsure. "But I'm not taking the chance of touching it without a trained tech here."

"Do we need Thunderlane?" Flitter asked unsure. Rainbow shook her head.

"No, he's not cut out for this type of thing. We’ll just watch the area. See who comes by and what this girl is doing." Rainbow said glaring at the equipment.

"You think she might be in line with the Griffs?" Cloud asked worriedly. Rainbow blinked now thinking about that detail.

"I'm not sure. If this is Griff funded then this might mean trouble for us." Rainbow sighed tapping the button on Ditzy’s iPod. "Thunderlane?"

"I'm here, and heard everything."

"Good, I need you to make a watch rotation here at the VCG."

"Roger, I'm working on that now." Thunderlane said while taping on his keyboard.

"Thanks, the twins and I will be heading back. Later." Rainbow turned off the connection and waved for the twins. She ran over and grabbed for a stair case and began climbing up to the office building where the twins were waiting for her.

"So?" Cloud Chaser asked.

Rainbow shrugged. "Time to go back home for now."

Flitter licked her lips in anticipation. "Aw yeah, pizza and ice cream tonight!" She cheered as her sister smirked and gave her a high five. Rainbow chuckled shaking her head.

"Alright, let’s go." She said as the twins looked to one another then nodded.

"Race ya!" They cried out and gasped.

"Jinx!" They cried again glaring pointing at one another.

"Jinx again!"

Suddenly Rainbow pushed past them sprinting ahead. "Last one there buys the pizza!" She called back. The twins gasped then looked to one another. Flitter smirked and began her sprint.

"See if that leg can catch up with me!" Flitter cried running ahead after Rainbow Dash. Cloud Chaser growled and ran after her.

"Hey no fair!" She cried back running.

Author's Note:

Here you all go, Chapter 8 for your viewing pleasure. And huge thanks to Xhoral1865 for the editing job.

Interesting turn of events hmm? I wonder what Flash and that hooded girl has in store for Twilight? And who is their boss?

Well I'm stuck on chapter nine. So it might be a bit before another update pops up for this story.

If any of you find any mistakes I missed please let me know. Thanks.:twilightsmile: Later guys.