• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 1,203 Views, 61 Comments

City Scape - TigerSwirl448



Rainbow Dash has to clear Twilight Sparkle’s name of a crime she didn't commit and save Cloudsdale from terrorists that want to control the city. Inspired by Mirror's Edge.

  • ...
18
 61
 1,203

Chapter 6: Boundaries Are Crossed

Chapter 6
Boundaries Are Crossed

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


Twilight groaned hearing a voice and felt something nudging on her back. Twilight curled up trying to stay asleep. The probing stopped. Twilight sighed and smiled returning to sleep. That is until she heard the swish of curtains and the sun shining in the room. Twilight growled pulling her blanket over her head, now her ears were clear from the sounds of dreams.

"Time to wake up Twilight!" A bight voice cried.

"Princess Celestia!" Twilight whined squeezing her eyes shut. "Please let me sleep!"

Celestia chuckled as she walked away from the window to notice the book on the bed by Twilight's pillow.

"I thought you dislike romance novels." Celestia teased looking at the cover.

Twilight’s response was muffled by her blankets.

"What was that?" Celestia asked sitting on the side of the bed. Twilight moaned pushing her bed sheets down a touch to peek through the top glaring at her playful teacher. Celestia giggled behind her hand seeing Twilight's bed head.

"I said," Twilight growled sitting up rubbing her eyes. "I don't like romances because they're not real."

Celestia frowned a touch by the harshness in Twilight's voice. It's sad hearing this from her. Celestia looked at the book cover then back at Twilight. "What was the story about?"

"It's just a short story about a guardswoman in love with another woman which was against the law to do so. Almost like this place." Twilight snapped falling back into her pillow. "I mean think about this, why do people think romance is real when it's all about hurting someone or using them to get what you want?"

Celestia sighed. "I don't have the answers, Twilight. Romance can mean different things to different people. Even I had been smitten with several people in my long life. Sure most didn't work or a few died while I continued to live."

Twilight blinked looking at her feeling a blush of shame on her cheeks. "I'm sorry."

Celestia smiled a touch. "It's alright. I'm sure there is someone out there for you."

Twilight snorted. "Yeah, right." She grumbled turning away. "No one would like me. I tried once before Princess."

"But that was just once Twilight." Celestia whispered gently rubbing Twilight's shoulder. "You don't expect to find love on the first try, right?"

"What about those characters?" Twilight asked pointing at the book. "They all find love at first sight. I mean it's just not real, it's not possible."

Celestia sighed, she didn't want to make Twilight upset this early in the day. Speaking of time ... Celestia turned to the clock to see that it was nine in the morning.

"Oh looks like I must leave."

Twilight blinked turning to actually see Celestia dressed for a fancy outing.

"To where?"

"To a brunch being held in the upper district. That's all we were told. Now I must be off." Celestia smiled standing up and walking to the door.

"Wait, if you're already leaving ... that means." Twilight turned and gasped seeing the clock for herself. "Oh my goodness!" Celestia smirked as she opened the door as a frantic Twilight sped out of the room with her clothes for the day heading for the shower. "I'm going to be late!"

Luna and Cadence dodged the woman as she ran into the bathroom slamming the door.

"She overslept?" Cadence asked seeing Luna smirking.

"Good for her!" Luna cheered as Celestia was chuckling looking at the bathroom door.

"Did you leave the note?" Celestia asked. Luna nodded.

"I did. I wrote where she can meet us when she is free." Luna answered walking towards the door heading for the hall. "Are you sure you don't want one of us to go with her?" Luna asked worriedly.

Celestia shook her head. "No I think it's time for Twilight to work on her own for once. I know she'll do us proud."

Luna quirked her brow. "I know you better than that sister."

"Am I that obvious?"

Cadence held up a letter. "Well you were contacted after the party that the Griffin Security Forces will watch her for us."

Celestia sighed annoyingly snatching the note from Cadence seeing her smirk. "Well as you can tell, we have no choice in this matter. Commander Griffin specifically stated that she'll have her best men watch Twilight for us while we are busy today. And while we are guests in this city we must not interfere."

Luna snorted crossing her arms across her chest hearing her black and blue bracelets clinking against each other.

"I'd rather watch her. I don't like this city. I don't like it at all." She growled.

"Let's be off then." Celestia ordered as an end to the conversation as the three princesses left the suite.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

In Low Town inside one of the silos Rainbow was sleeping in a hammock snoring lightly. She felt something wet drop on her face that caused her to wake up. She blinked open her heavy eyes then stretched her arms in the air and sighed letting her heavy limbs hang out of the hammock. She looked down at her pants and shirt she didn't take off last night being too tired to do it and that the single light bulb installed on the ceiling didn't work when she tried to turn it on.

She looked around her old silo home. It was the first of many hidey holes she and Applejack made when they were first alone. She looked down on the floor to see a large old rug and one of her sneakers. She looked around for the second one to find it close to the floor hatch that led outside. Rainbow shivered in her thin blanket feeling the first frosty morning of the season.

"Need to find a hoodie or something warm." Rainbow grouched, pushing the blanket with her feet still sleepy as she rubbed her eyes. She sat up then swung her legs over the side feeling the rug under her feet. "Blegh, need a new rug too." She groaned as she sat up stretching again. She sighed looking around the silo interior to see old drawings, old charts and maps with old push pin markers for deliveries and destinations. The start of the Couriers. Rainbow walked over to look at the old map, she lifted her hand up to touch the paper but stopped. She didn't want to ruin that old piece of her past. Ever since Applejack left them she didn't want to forget those last few missions.

Rainbow chuckled. Applejack was the old timer, she liked maps and written destinations not the computer tech stuff Vinyl started up for them when she joined. Rainbow could imagine the first time Vinyl showed them the new mapping system on her laptop saying how much easier and more convenient this new tech is. Rainbow remembered seeing Vinyl fixing her giant sunglasses on her nose as Thunderlane and Cloud Kicker were behind her watching the screen like kids in a candy store. Applejack wasn't too keen on trying something like that. Claimed that the Griffs could use computers to track them.

Vinyl made a bet of who will get a package to the place faster by using computer tech or the old tech. Rainbow ran for Applejack's side while Cloud Kicker ran for Vinyl. It turned out that with the aid of a scout to check the place out and covering the situation to Vinyl then to CK, Vinyl's computer tech beat Applejack’s style. Hating to lose Applejack said they were staying with the old way. But in a week Vinyl was able to make up a program and create some new communication devices to talk to. It became so much easier that the gang had to get more members.

Rainbow shook her head looking back at the old map and smiled. She turned looking around her. She sighed jumping from one foot to another until she fell to the floor and began doing pushups. Her normal morning routine of getting her blood pumping in the morning. Rainbow turned to her seekers then to her bare feet. She stood on one foot checking the bottoms of her feet feeling around them. "Hmm, getting soft." She criticized.

Rainbow grabbed her sneakers and tied the laces together then found her small backpack and stuffed her sneakers inside. She looked around for a good pair of socks but found the pair she wore the day before. She stuffed the socks into her pack. She looked up seeing her father's jacket hanging on a hook. She took the jacket and pulled it on and zipped the zipper up to the top. She pulled on her pack and headed for the hatch. After opening the hatch she dropped to the cold concrete of the roof and immediately regretted it as she shivered.

"Man it's going to be a cold winter this year." She whispered seeing her breath in the air. It's colder in the air especially this high up. Rainbow looked around seeing that the morning sun was still rising. She crawled out from under the silo and looked around her. She began stretching and rolling her wrists and ankles warming them up. She had enough accidents growing up of twisted ankles or wrists from stumbles or falls in running, she didn't want to go to a Griff owned hospital, especially when she was wanted for crimes against the city.

Rainbow sighed then began jogging then started going into a run in bare feet to the ledge and leaped into the air to go across the gap. She landed on her feet feeling the scratchy surface of the concrete and continued her run. As she ran her worries and fears began to blow away with the wind. She made some flips and tricks as she began to smile.

She slowed to a stop on a ledge to look over the city. She took in a deep breath, holding out her arms with her head held high feeling the cool autumn wind blow in her face and through her hair. She began to smile.

"Hey Dashie." A young man’s voice called out surprising her. Rainbow gasped and turned seeing a shadow leaning against a small building that lead to the interior. "Nice to see you still around this part of the city." The man said chuckling.

Rainbow sighed turning away with her hands on her hips, staring at a flock of birds flying past the glass buildings.

"What do you want Flash?" She snapped. "Seeing you spoiled my morning."

Flash Sentry chuckled as he walked out of the morning shadows to reveal himself. Rainbow turned to see him dressed in an old black leather jacket, his pants are black and orange, and his shoes were black sneakers. She can see his royal blue shirt under his leather jacket the same color as his hair that he combed back with hair gel.

"I’m sorry if my presence has spoiled your time." He said walked over to Rainbow's side. Rainbow turned away from him.

"What are you doing here?" Rainbow asked. "Shouldn't you be with the Dumb Brothers?"

Flash gasped holding his chest. "Oh that hit me right in the heart Dash! You should know better!" He exclaimed. Rainbow remained unamused by his act. Flash though laughed as he straightened himself up coughing. "Oh man I love it when you call them that. ‘Cause it's true!" Flash began laughing again as Rainbow rolled her eyes.

"Out with it Sentry! I don't have the time to play your games." She snapped causing him to stop laughing.

"Right no beating around the bush like old times, huh?" Flash smirked. "Do you miss your girlfriend, AJ?"

Rainbow glared coldly at him. "You watch that ass hole you got flapping Sentry. You know it that AJ and I are sisters."

Flash shrugged. "Aw come on, you two were too buddy-buddy and touchy to be like sisters."

Rainbow growled turning to him while swinging her fist to make a punch into Flash’s face. Flash noticed this and was able to dodge the punch, taunting her with his laughter. "You’re way too easy since AJ left for Street Side.” He joked as Rainbow blushed harshly. Flash walked back to Dash as he circled her with his hands behind his back.

“I heard rumors that Applejack’s now a Griff, how shocking." Flash chuckled seeing Rainbow's glare.

"She's not a Griff. She works for them!"

"What's the difference?" Flash asked innocently. "Think about it Dash. No matter what it looks like, AJ turned to the Griffs. Sooner or later they'll make her tell them everything about Top Side. It's just a matter of time when the Griffs will stop playing nice and start shooting."

Rainbow turned away clenching her fists. Since she learned of Applejack being in line with the Griffs she had horrible thoughts of betrayal and fear from her friend. But Flash had a point, Applejack worked for the Griffs now and when it comes time, they'll get it out of her. Probably not by force, Applejack will die before telling them anything ... unless they have Applejack’s girlfriend, then maybe that’ll be a different story. Rainbow shook her head hard.

"Enough, just tell me why you are here and talking to me. Last time I made it clear to not come around here again." Rainbow snarled.

Flash chuckled sticking his hands into his jacket pockets. "Listen Dash, it's nice to jerk your chain but I'm really here to tell you that my bosses need a word with you. Business wise." Flash finished seriously looking around, making sure there was no one watching them.

"Business?" Rainbow asked. Of course Flash's bosses are one of Dash's top clients in Low Town but usually Rainbow sends her couriers to take care of their orders, but they want Rainbow herself?

"Come on," Flash said smirking. "You know the way." Rainbow noticed the smirk on his face. She quickly pulled off her pack and found her socks and sneakers. She began to pull on her socks seeing Flash jumping in place getting himself moving. She quickly slipped on her shoes on her feet and tied her laces.

"Fine, we'll do it your way." Rainbow growled as she pulled her back pack back on.

"Good," Flash smirked before suddenly dashing off. Rainbow sighed once then started in a sprint after the man as they began racing to their destination.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Twilight gulped as she stood before the Griffin Security Building in the center of the city. A large glass building with a giant griffin statue standing on top of the entrance standing tall with his paw up I the air. Twilight held on to her briefcase that she packed to hold her papers and the requests from the Equestrian Council. Hopefully the group will accept her request and allow her access to the roof tops. She looked up to notice a black helicopter flying by with a second one behind it.

Twilight gulped again as she looked back up the steps leading to the glass revolving doors under the giant griffin. She took in a deep breath then marched up the steps towards the door. On her way she noticed the looks she was getting, some were glaring while others were looking at her with shock and awe. She blushed by the stares as she pushed through the revolving door to the entrance. She looked around to see that the place was just as bleak and colorless as the rest of the city. White and gray walls with black tiled floors and decorations.

Black pointy stars, spheres, black vases with fake black flowers, black chairs and stands. Definitely monochrome. It looked nice but it just made her wish for some color. She walked up to the receptionist desk. The receptionist looked young, she had on a gray suit with a black bowtie. Twilight smiled thinking about a line from a show she saw, Bowties are cool. She giggled seeing the woman's purple eyes look up from her typing.

"Oh um, welcome to Griffin Security Headquarters. What can I help you wish miss?" She asked. Twilight smiled seeing the receptionist smile.

"Oh um, yes, hello," Twilight noticed the young woman's nametag to see her name and next the name is a black lined glyph of a griffin head. "Miss Octavia, I'm Twilight Sparkle and I have an appointment with the council."

"About what exactly?" Octavia asked typing on her computer to find the appointment.

"Um, I'm from Canterlot and the Equestrian Council has asked of me to do some tests and such on the roof tops. And I can't do that without permission from the council here in this building." Twilight stated firmly.

"Hmm, let me see ..." Octavia said reading the font on the computer as her cell phone buzzed. She blinked and looked down seeing the caller ID and grinned. "Excuse me for just one second." Octavia whispered seeing Twilight's nod. Octavia pressed the green answer button connecting it to her com on her ear.

"Hello," Octavia answered. Twilight could see her eyes brighten hearing the response. "I'm doing some work in my boring job right now. What about you?" She asked chuckling at the response she received then she frowned. "No, you're not interfering with anything Vinyl. I'm just searching for something." She frowned again and she looked panicked. "Vinyl, I meant it when I said call me when you want to. It's rather dull working in this second job." Twilight chuckled by that statement, the monochrome might get dull after a while.

Octavia blinked looking up seeing three people walking towards them and one of them was Commander Gilda Griffin.

"Um, Vinyl I have to go, right now. Call you during break. Bye.” Octavia quickly pressed the red button to disconnect her call and went back to looking at the screen and typing. Twilight blinked seeing how stiff and fearful Octavia looked before turning to the source of the clicking shoes on the tile. She immediately recognized Gilda Griffin walking over with two men behind her dressed in suits like her.

"Ah Twilight Sparkle!" Gilda greeted. "I see you have made it at perfect timing. I was just about to have these two gentlemen pick you up at your hotel room." Twilight blinked looking at the two men standing behind Gilda.

"Oh, well, I am always very punctual, Miss Griffin,"

"Please, just Gilda will do." Gilda said politely, grinning. Twilight nodded smiling.

"Of course, Gilda." Twilight blinked suddenly. "Wait why were you planning on picking me up from the hotel for?"

Gilda blinked. "Why, for you to talk to the council. I'm head of the council."

Twilight frowned. "Really? Aren’t you the mayor of the city?" Twilight asked curiously very much certain that Gilda was head of security not the government.

Gilda laughed along with the two men behind her. "Oh no Twilight, I'm not a political official. I have people that can do all that for me." Gilda turned to Octavia seeing her jump. "Mark off Twilight Sparkle’s appointment Miss Melody."

Octavia swallowed and smiled. "Of course Commander, right away." She said with forced cheer that made Twilight turn to her with a curious scowl. Octavia was still forcing a smile as she began typing on her keyboard.

"Also," Gilda said leaning on the counter. Octavia looked up at her with a wavering smile, her eyes widen with fear. "I suggest you keep that phone off or I'll confiscate it." She threatened softly causing Octavia to shudder.

"It won't happen again Commander." She whispered meekly as Gilda smirked.

"Good." Gilda turned wrapping her arm around Twilight and dragged her along with her. Twilight turned to see Octavia looking at her phone as she quickly typed a text message and turned off her phone.

Twilight followed Gilda and her two assistants to the elevator and up they went.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Rainbow landed in a squat panting slightly as Flash stood in front of her with a victorious smirk on his face. Rainbow growled walking past him.

"As usual," He jabbed. "I'm the fastest runner in the city. I even beat Dashie, AJ's number one pupil."

"Get it out now before I sock you in the junk!" Rainbow snapped.

"Now, now Rainbow Crash," A young male voice said with two snickering voices.

Rainbow groaned. "Great." She turned to see Billy and his two brothers, Hoops and Score. "If it ain't Dumb, Dumber, and Dumbest." Rainbow grouched looking them over to see them still dressed in their street clothes, of large hoodies with loose pants, belts, and large basketball sneakers. Only Billy and Score wore ball caps that looked ridiculous on their greasy heads. Billy was in dark green, black pants, scuffed up sneakers and an askew black ball cap. Hoops was in brown, with dirty dark pants, black sneakers, and a dirty dull yellow headband around his head. Score was in red with black pants, scuffed up white sneakers, and a dark blue cap. Even though to Rainbow they looked ridiculous they smelled like they just came out of the sewer and storm drain hatches.

"It's been a while since you three came out of the sewers." Rainbow said waving her hand over her nose making a face. "Yuck! Don't you ever use the public showers at least before walking around?"

Hoops and Score sniffed under their arms as Billy looked red with fury.

"Hey, shut it Crash we came here for business not fashion sense!" He growled.

Rainbow blinked hearing that. "You actually came up Top Side just to talk business? What happened?" She asked curiously. It was rare for the three brothers, leaders of the underground to come up to Street Level, even Top Side. All this just to see her? She usually gets tips from Thunderlane about their calls. Something must be up for them to come up so high from their usual hangout.

"I'm listening," Rainbow said seeing their looks of surprise. Flash though looked around checking for anyone watching them or for the Griffs.

"Huh?" Hoops asked confused. "You mean you'll hear us out?"

Rainbow shrugged. "I know the lay of the land boys. I even know you three wouldn't take this trip this high up without a real defined reason. So spill it, what do you want?"

Billy sighed and stick his hands into his hoodie pocket. "Listen, rumors have been spreading underground. A lot of them lately."

"Rumors spread all the time." Rainbow said with a shrug. "Even we have heard of some rumors up here. What so different?"

Score gulped looking around pulling his old ball cap over his eyes to hide from the sunlight. "These are way more serious than those other nampy pampy stories." He said with a wince as the sunlight touched his face

"Like what?" Rainbow asked.

"People have been disappearing lately." Hoops answered looking around him, staring at the high sky scrapers a few blocks away. "I mean a whole bunch of them!"

Rainbow blinked. "Disappearances? Like who's gone?"

"First it was the dealers," Hoops answered first.

"Then after them the whores!" Score cried as Hoops held him patting his back. Rainbow rolled her eyes.

Billy glared at his brothers then turned back to Rainbow. "You know the dealers and whores are our bread and butter in the drains, Dash." He said seriously as he stepped closer to her. Rainbow had to hold her breath as he stepped closer to her looking behind him to see Flash nod once then turned away.

"And without our bread and butter we can't eat Dash." He said seriously.

"Let's um talk over here," Rainbow said indicating a space farther away from the others where the wind flow was better. Billy nodded and followed her to the space hidden of course but better air flow for Rainbow.

"So why are you wanting my help?" Rainbow asked interested.

"I need your messengers-"

"Couriers, we're couriers."

"Aren't they the same thing?"

"Wow, you know that?" Rainbow asked feint surprise. She sighed shaking her head. "To me there is a difference. Alright. Anyway what do you want?"

"I just want you and your ... Couriers... to spread word to all the other dealers and whores in Low Town. Especially the other gangs around here. Something smells foul and it ain't us."

Rainbow rolled her eyes. "Yeah I get it. But who do you think is running the kidnappings?"

Billy thought for a long moment then sighed. "Flash told me that he's been seeing a reporter, from the outside." Rainbow blinked looking at him. "She's been asking him questions about Low Town in general and about the Griffs."

"Wait," Rainbow said stopping him. She heard this before, but is this the same reporter that is asking questions in town? "You mean the reporter form Manehattan?"

"Yeah that's her." Billy paused then looked at Rainbow again. "You don’t think she's the link?"

"I don’t know. Either that or it's the Griffs taking out the dirt and grim of the city, or we're dealing with some gang activity."

"Are you kidding me?" Billy asked. "You don’t get it Dash. I'm the head of the underground and all of the smaller gangs follow me. They had nothing to do with this. And all of these disappearances happen while the whores and druggies are outside the underground at Street Level."

Rainbow nodded rubbing her chin. "So you want me to send my guys to spread the word to be cautious at night? Is that it?"

"Basically, yes. Make it happen Dash."

Rainbow Dash nodded. "Fine, the payment though, I want two hundred bills a piece for my gang for this job."

Billy growled glaring at her. "Fifty bills." He snapped.

"One hundred. That’s fair." Rainbow said glaring at him.

Billy sighed pulling out his phone. "Fine, I'll get you the cash."

"There are eight of us in all Billy Boy." She smirked hearing him choke as Rainbow made the dash for the edge. Billy turned as Rainbow made the leap over the ledge. He ran to the ledge to see her already running on the other side, two stories below.

"Rainbow Crash!" He screamed out. "I'll get you back one of these days!" He growled turning back to see Flash looking at him. "Let’s go back, I hate this fresh air."

"Yes boss." Flash answered as he followed the three brother back to the underground.

Rainbow stopped in her running to turn back to the building where she talked to the Dumb Brothers. The underground was said to be the safest place for the poor to live and now that safety is being threatened, by who? Rainbow gulped, the sewer was the backbone of those that fight against the Griffs order and if the source of income is being taken out then that means no more income, no more commerce, and in the end no more underground. The poor and criminals will be forced to move out of the underground n into society where the Griffs will take them out one by one.

If the underground and the poor are being threatened ... so was Rainbow's business. The couriers, once a symbol of hope for the poor, might have to die along with the underground.

"This is bad." She whispered reaching into her jacket pocket for her IPod. "Very bad." She placed the earbud com into her ear and pressed the center button hearing the buzz.

"Thunderlane," She said waiting.

"Yeah boss?" Thunderlane answered sleepily.

"Gather the others at your location."

"Why?" Thunderlane asked.

"We got a big job and I need everyone to hear what I have to say."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Twilight sat down in a seat at the head of a table in a medium sized room that was said to be the council room of public affairs. The office was bright with light from the wall sized windows showing the city's skyscrapers around the building. Sitting on her left side were four men and four women dressed in plain gray suits, some had notepads with pens writing notes. On her right side were three women and five men dressed in black suits with military like insignias of the griffin Security forces on their suits. They were sitting with collected poise, with their hands on the tables, not notepads like the other members.

Sitting at the opposite head from Twilight was Gilda Griffin, she was sitting slouched to the side with her chin perched on her hand smiling.

"Ladies, gentlemen, we have Miss Twilight Sparkle from Canterlot." Gilda introduced. The civilians looked at Gilda with surprise while the military looked to Twilight with some distaste and disgust that made Twilight stiffen in her seat. Why were these people looking at her like that? She didn't do anything did she?

"It has come to our attention that Miss Sparkle here has traveled far just to ... what was it again Miss Sparkle?" Gilda asked indicated Twilight to speak.

"Oh? Oh!" Twilight exclaimed standing up knocking over her briefcase with her papers. She caught the briefcase but some of her papers flew out onto the floor. "Oh um I apologize for this um ...." Gilda started to frown tapping her finger on the table top. One of the civilian council members gulped seeing the finger jump up and down on the table top, revealing the commander's annoyance. As Twilight continued her quick intro to the project, everyone pretended to listen until Gilda finally had enough of the speech and stood up abruptly causing the civilian council members to jump with fright as Twilight went quiet seeing Gilda’s smile.

"That sounds very interesting Miss Sparkle." Twilight smiled as Gilda walked over to her.

"Oh well I'm glad my words spark interest to you." Twilight said smiling with hope as Gilda stood beside her, wrapping her around her shoulders.

"So, I believe it will do us some good if you continue on your experiments or what you call them." Those at the table looked at one another confused by Gilda's words. Gilda smirked patting Twilight on her arm. "Now, all I want to know is where you’re planning on conducting these experiments."

Twilight blinked thinking. "Well mainly up in the air basically. I need to collect air samples and water samples when it rains about the pollution in the air in this city."

Gilda nodded turning back to the table. "Private," She said sweetly. The young man stood up immediately saluting.

"Yes, Commander?"

"Go find a map and label the places that are acceptable for civilian research." Gilda said winking. The man smiled and nodded.

"Of course commander. Be right back." The man left the room as Gilda smiled.

Twilight smiled in return. "Thank you for allowing me access to the rooftops." Wow that was way easier than I thought. Twilight thought to herself hopeful. "I actually thought you need me to take tests and the like to be accepted access."

Gilda smirked as she walked away grinning. "Oh there is no need at this time actually. As long as the Princesses are here and gave us the okay to guard you there is no reason for such tests. You are our guest as long as the princesses are around to support you."

Twilight nodded. "They do. And thank you."

Gilda nodded once as the doors opened. The private returned with a map of the city in his hands.

"Commander, the map and the locations." He said handing the map to Gilda to examine. Gilda held up the map in her hands and placed it on the table motioning Twilight to come over to look at the map.

"You see the markers in red?" Gilda asked indicating the five red marks on the map. Twilight nodded. "Those are the places you are allowed to go and set up your experiments."

Twilight nodded again. "Alright."

"These black markers," Gilda said indicating the small black dots on the map. "These are areas that are considered dangerous and we don't have jurisdiction there yet." Gilda said with a low growl of warning. Twilight nodded.

"Alright, and what are these blue marks?" Twilight asked seeing bright blue dots scattered all over a section of a map. Gilda shook her head.

"Don't worry about those blue dots." Gilda said turning to the private to scowl at him for marking the blue dots on the map. The private blushed with shame seeing Gilda’s hard eyes on him. Gilda turned back to the map. "Just don't consider these places safe ... for now at least."

"Okay ... and is that all?" Twilight asked as Gilda folded the map and handed it to Twilight.

"That is all for now. And not to worry we are always watching. If you are in any trouble, we will be there."

Twilight for some reason felt uneasy hearing that but smiled thinking it was a good thing. "Thank you very much. Commander." Gilda smiled leading her out the room as an assistant picked up Twilight’s briefcase and papers and followed them out. Twilight turned to her right and was startled seeing Applejack Smith standing guard in the hall. Applejack blinked in surprise seeing Twilight with Gilda's arm around her. As Gilda was talking Twilight noticed the look of fear and worry in the guard's green eyes. Applejack was shaking her head as Twilight walked past her. Twilight turned watching Applejack watch her as if worried.

When they reached the elevator Gilda was talking to her assistant as Twilight continued to watch Applejack. She blinked realizing Applejack was mouthing some words as the steel doors were closing and what she saw made her feel a cold chill up her spine.

The word she comprehended was the word, "Run".

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Rainbow reached the silo where Thunderlane lives at and climbed up to the top to open the hatch. She jumped into the silo surprising two of the girls she landed behind. Rainbow looked up to see every member of the Couriers sitting inside the silo. Thunderlane at his computer, Cloud Kicker lounging on the bench, the twins Cloud Chaser and Flitter were standing together by the wall, Pinkie Pie sitting on the floor with Ditzy sitting beside her and Blaze Runner. Two guys and the rest were girls.

"Took your sweet time?" Cloud Kicker snapped angrily. The gang all rolled their eyes.

Rainbow moved over to the center of the room so she'll be in the center of the group.

"So what's the word you wanted to tell us?" Thunderlane asked as he set down his com and pressed a button on the screen to switch the computer to sleep. Ditzy and Pinkie stopped their hand game looking up. Cloud Chaser sat down beside Cloud Kicker holding her knee as Fitter leaned against the wall. Blaze Runner sat down on the floor with a sigh.

Rainbow placed her hands on her hips looking at every one of them in turn before speaking. "I have some very bad news."

"What's up?" Cloud Chaser asked with worry.

"I was approached by The Dumb Brothers." This was met with a group of groans and curses. Rainbow held up her hands hushing them. "Listen, I know the bastards are nothing but cheats and scumbags but they are our number one clients and somehow they are the top gangsters in Low Town."

The gang either snorted and chuckled at that, even Rainbow grinned hearing the giggling around her.

"Alright! In all seriousness!" She yelled out causing the others to go silent. "Billy came to me and told me something shocking."

"What's that?" Blaze asked curiously.

"Somehow, someway, people have been disappearing at night."

"What type of people?" Flitter asked.

"The hookers and the drug dealers are being taken off the streets." Rainbow said seeing the spooked looks on their faces. "And they don't know who's doing it or why but it's affecting the underground."

"By how much?" Cloud Kicker asked interested.

"What do you mean?" Ditzy asked curiously turning to Cloud. Dash turned to the three new members of the group, Blaze Runner, Ditzy Do, and Pinkie Pie.

Blaze was once an athlete for the Cloudsdale track team, practically a new Wonderbolt branch. But one day he found the Griffs at his locker and they immediately arrested him. After he was taken to headquarters he was charged with drug procession. Blaze was taken to the cells but was able to slip away and ran to Low Town where he was able to hide from the Griffs. When night fell Blaze ran into Cloud Kicker and CK recognized him in the magazines and offered him a place to stay. Since then Blaze had joined the Couriers and Cloud Kicker taught him the ropes.

Second was Pinkie Pie, an odd character that seems to have a smile on her face and always think of the positives in life. She said that she lived on the streets with her sisters, but one day they never returned home and Pinkie was alone. The next morning she went to go look for her sisters until she saw someone running on the roof top beside her. She gave chase and ran up off to where she met Flitter and Cloud Chaser. Pinkie explained her confusion to the twins and they let her follow them to one of the silo hideouts. Rainbow allowed Pinkie to join promising to help find her sisters. Pinkie started working as a Courier ever since in the hopes of finding more information on her sister's whereabouts.

Lastly was Ditzy Do, a girl with strange eyes. She claims it's a medical condition she had since she was really small. She often wears a pair of goggles over her eyes with one lens covered in duct tape so her bad eye vision wouldn't affect her perfect eye while she runs and jumps. Ditzy said she was an orphan just like the others and was kicked out of the orphanage she was in because she was too old. Rainbow found her one day crying and decided to help her and give her a place to stay.

Rainbow could see their confusion and sighed. "The Dumb Brothers are the leaders of the underground. Under Low Town are sewer tunnels and storm drains that have been cut off from the water supply so these water chambers are turned into tiny villages where the poor and those that are marked as criminals can live in. And the only source of income for the Dumb Brothers to rule and pay their workers is by selling drugs and sending out whores on the streets at night. And if their main source of income is gone, then the brothers can't pay their workers, and no pay forces the people to leave the safety of the underground to Street Level."

"And that's bad?" Blaze asked curiously.

"Yeah, it is." Thunderlane said worriedly. "The Griffs have been aggressive to the poor as of late especially those that were part of the old ways and the riots. Easy kill for the Griffs."

"Or easy prey. No one cares about the poor, so who would notice them missing or dead in the streets? No one." Rainbow said thinking. Blaze bowed his head in shame. Rainbow went silent thinking the worst case scenario. Cloud Kicker noticed her long pause.

"What you thinking about?" Cloud Kicker asked curiously.

Rainbow looked up blinking. "I'm just thinking that's all. Anyway, Billy wants us to spread the word to all over Low Town. Telling everyone that works on the streets at night that it's dangerous and keep their guard up or not go out at all. Got it." The gang nodded. "Alright get out there. Make plans and get running."

The group nodded or saluted as they jump up to the hatch and crawled out one by one. Rainbow patted Thunderlane’s shoulder. "Send word to Vinyl. Tell her about this warning and try to send it out on the air waves." Thunderlane looked up at her in surprise.

"Why?" He asked waking up his computer.

"I think everyone in Cloudsdale must be warned." Rainbow turned away as Thunderlane typed on the keypad of the keyboard connecting to Vinyl's cell phone.

"Yo, this is Scratch." Vinyl's voice piped up on the speakers. Rainbow turned watching Thunderlane as he adjusted the volume.

"Hey Vinyl, it's Thunderlane."

Rainbow leaped up to the hatch and pulled herself up. At the top she looked down to the floor see Cloud Kicker ordering the group and pointing to different directions. Flitter went to the west, Cloud Chaser went to the east. Blaze and Ditzy went to the north, and CK went with Pinkie to the south. Rainbow stood at the top of the silo looking around her then stopped to look at the tall skyscrapers five blocks away from her then she turned to the Cloudsdale Plaza licking her lips. Rainbow sighed and sat down and wrapped her arms around her legs resting her chin on her knees.