• Published 30th Aug 2014
  • 1,202 Views, 61 Comments

City Scape - TigerSwirl448



Rainbow Dash has to clear Twilight Sparkle’s name of a crime she didn't commit and save Cloudsdale from terrorists that want to control the city. Inspired by Mirror's Edge.

  • ...
18
 61
 1,202

Prologue

City Scape
By: TigerSwirl448
Edited by: Xhoral1865 & An-Twan Star

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic (c) Hasbro & Lauren Faust

Story inspired by: Mirror's Edge (c) Dice & EA Games


Prologue

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~


The morning sun shined brightly in the sky over the busy city of Cloudsdale. Men and women of many ages walk to and from places of work or shopping centers. Children grab their parents’ hands to stare at the tall glass buildings high up around them. Some children watch the airplanes fly by or even just to watch the birds.

One man dug into his jacket pocket for his cell phone using his thumb to unlock the phone to look through his notes. Rainbow Blaze was the security officer for the new mall being built at Cloudsdale Plaza, a large new place filled with shopping malls, restaurants, and even a new skate park for the growing population of children in the city. Rainbow Blaze was excited to move to the Cloudsdale Plaza to work instead of working at the subway stations, it would be nicer and safer. He felt a tug on his jacket and looked down to see his six year old daughter smiling up at him, her multicolored hair in her usual pigtails.

"What is it, Dash?" He asked with a small smile.

Rainbow Dash pointed in the direction of the Cloudsdale Plaza at the large dome being built in the complex.

"Look, Daddy!" She cried excitedly pointing at the large cranes and the dome. "They're almost done with the new mall!"

Rainbow Blaze smirked and nodded ruffling his daughter's hair. "They sure are, sweetie. I'll be working there soon."

Dash giggled with excitement. "I can't wait to go there with you, Daddy!" Dash said smiling. Her father nodded looking over then up to the stop light to see the walking sign blinking green to let people know that it was safe to cross the street.

"Oh, hold my hand, Dash. It’s time to cross." He said about to walk forward when he felt his daughter tug hard on him to stop. He looked down at his daughter to see her shake her head.

"No, Daddy! We have to do the two rules first!" She cried out. Several men and women were chuckling at the adorable girl. Blaze sighed rolling his eyes but smiled.

"Alright, what were those rules again?" He asked chuckling really hoping Dash will be quick. He doesn't want to wait through another cycle of lights before walking again.

"We stop!" Dash said.

"Alright, we stopped."

"Then we look both ways."

Blaze chuckled as Dash looked to the left seeing the cars had stopped. Then she turned to the right to see more cars at a stop.

"Okay, now what?" Blaze asked smiling.

"Once the coast is clear or when cars have stopped, we can cross now!" Dash exclaimed as she tugged at her father's hand pulling him to the crosswalk. The two rainbow haired humans crossed the street just as the walk sign faded to “DON’T WALK” in an orange light then the cars began to rumble back to life.

Dash released her father’s hand to skip ahead, humming a tune that only she knew while Blaze watched their surroundings. Dash skipped past an alley where a small shadow sat in wait. The shadow watched Blaze slowly walk past. The shadow leaped out and shoved Blaze to side, reaching into his jacket pocket for the cell phone he had placed there.

"Hey!" Blaze called out grabbing the thief before she could run away. The would-be thief looked back at the man in shock, surprised he was fast enough to catch her. Dash stopped and turned seeing her father with a young girl about her age in his grasp and that she was holding her father's phone.

"Hey now, give it back kid." Blaze said in a scolding tone holding out his hand to the filthy blonde headed girl. "You're lucky I'm not calling the cops on you. Give the phone back and I won't have you arrested."

The blonde headed girl looked up seeing Dash looking at her strangely. The blonde bit her lip and placed the cell phone into the father's hand. Blaze took the phone then stuck it into his pants pocket instead of his jacket. He released the girl and waved her off.

"Go on now, and stay out of trouble." He said watching the girl back to the wall bowing her head. Blaze turned back to Dash. "Come along, Rainbow Dash. I have to get to work." He said walking past his daughter. Dash though didn't leave, she stayed looking at the blonde headed girl to see her shaking.

"Hello." Dash said smiling happily at the girl. The girl glared at her. "My name is Rainbow Dash. What is your name?"

The girl remained silent as Dash tried to think of some way to make her talk. "Hey are you okay? Can't you talk?" Dash blinked realizing the girl was shaking real bad and sniffling.

"Rainbow Dash!" Dash turned to see her father glaring at her. "Get over here now!" Blaze scolded. Dash was ready to run over to her father but felt a hand grab her arm. Dash stopped turning to the girl.

"I'm sorry." The girl whispered with sadness as she pulled Dash back and wrapped her arm around Dash’s neck, brandishing a knife. Dash went still feeling the tip of the blade on her face.

"Rainbow Dash!" Blaze screamed out seeing what happened. Dash began to shake feeling the arm tighten around her neck as she tried to get away.

"You're hurting me!" Dash said fearfully as the girl started dragging her back to the alley. Blaze and several other people watched with stunned silence.

"Someone call the police!" A woman screamed out as she grabbed her son and ran away from the scene. Blaze was terrified as he tried to move closer to the girl with his daughter.

"Alright let's not get too antsy here." He said softly. "Please just let go of my daughter. I'll let you keep the phone." He said as calmly as he could as he reached into his pocket to pull out his cell phone holding it out for the girl to see. "Just please let her go."

The blonde was breathing hard into Dash’s ear. To Dash her captor sounded terrified and on the verge of crying.

"N-nothin' you can do." The girl blubbered, sniffling and shaking her head. "There is nothin' you can do about it!" She screamed out pulling Dash into the alley.

"Please let me go!" Dash cried out as the grip around her neck went too tight. "You're hurting me!"

"Where are the cops?!" A man called out.

"I'm calling them but no one is answering?!"

"What?" Blaze cried out looking to the man with his phone to his ear. The man with the phone looked panicked too. "Did you use the emergency number?"

"Of course I did! No one's answering!" The man cried out in shock staring at his phone.

Dash gasped hearing the girl cry even more behind her, loosening her grip. Dash, now forgetting her fear, turned to the girl. "Why are you crying?" She asked curiously.

"I'm sorry," the girl whispered. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" Dash was able to get lose from the blonde's arm to look at her.

"Rainbow Dash, get away from her!" Dash turned behind her to her father as he kept urging her to come to him. But Dash looked down noticing the girl had fallen to her knees crying. Something wasn't right. Dash looked to her father with fear. Blaze stood up straighter seeing the worry in his daughter’s eyes then he heard something and looked up.

"What is that?" A woman's voice asked. "Helicopters?"

"Police helicopters? Over a mugging?" A man asked bewildered looking up in the sky along with everyone on the street.

Blaze noticed what everyone else was noticing, ten black helicopters with no insignias were flying in the air. Two at a time flew past them. Everyone there covered their ears from the deep thumps of the propellers or watched with awe and nervousness as the helicopters flew by. All except for one which slowed down to a crawl. Blaze squinted his eyes to get a better look at the lone helicopter then gasped seeing a man in a black jumpsuit with a grenade launcher taking aim at them.

"Run for it!" Blaze screamed just as a grenade was launched to a building causing a huge explosion. Everyone was either stunned to silence or screaming for help. More explosions sounded off up the street and more people were screaming and running in a blind panic to get away. Some helicopters had gun men with machine guns firing at the running people below them. Dash covered her ears from the bangs and looked up to see her father running towards her. Blaze grabbed Dash and started running through the alley. Dash looked up over his shoulder to see the blonde girl still on her knees crying watching the helicopters flying by.

"Wait!" Dash cried trying to get out of her father’s hold. Dash gasped seeing the blonde’s green eyes turn to her, sad youthful green eyes looked painful watching her. Another explosion sounded above them and Dash’s eye contact with the girl was blocked by smoke and debris.

"Daddy what's going on?!" Dash screamed, gripping tightly to Blaze’s light blue jacket as he carried her to the other side of the alley where they joined the crowd in running away from the attacking black helicopters. Blaze looked behind him trying to see anything familiar about the people inside the helicopters or even their strange black uniforms that resembled swat team uniforms.

"I don't know, sweetie!" Blaze answered thinking of a possible idea and hoping for it to not be true. There was a boom from above. Blaze looked up to see debris from the explosion falling toward him. Blaze dodged a block of cement as he kept running. He heard Dash whimper next to his ear.

"They're bad men! Bad men!" He said turning past a corner in a hard turn. He gasped seeing a family trying to get up from the rumble, Blaze dodged the family running past them. Blaze heard a boom above him to see more debris and glass falling. With nowhere else to run to avoid the glass. He grabbed the tail of his light jacket and lift it up over his and Dash's head as the glass fell harmlessly on the fabric. Dash hugged her father tightly now terrified as she felt the fabric fall back to her father's back to look around her to see chaos, fear, and the dying. She looked down seeing bodies on the round, blood splatters from the fallen debris, and scared people. So much happening and it frightened the young girl.

"Daddy!" Dash cried hugging him tighter crying. She felt her father's hand on her head stroking her head as he desperately searching for a way to escape. Blaze heard the hard thumbs of the propellers behind him. He turned seeing a man in the helicopter with a sniper rifle sniping anyone that was lagging behind and father and daughter were one of the lagging runners.

"Dammit!" Blaze cursed as he turned to see an alley. It was either that or get shot! Blaze slid and turned towards the alley breaking into a sprint. He glimpsed behind him to see a sniper getting ready to fire at him. He heard a shot and felt a rush of air as a bullet missed him and his daughter by a hairs breadth. He heard another shot ring out and heard Dash cry out as they barely made it into the alley. Blaze didn't stop running as Dash continued cries meant that she was still alive. He glimpsed behind him once again to see the helicopter hovering just outside the alley.

Blaze growled as he turned to his left and quickly opened the door. He leaped into the building just in time to hear bullets ring out of the door. Blaze quickly slammed the door shut, cutting him and his daughter off from the horrible screaming of those still outside. Dash felt her father slide to the floor and lay against the white wall, panting hard.

"Daddy," Dash whimpered seeing Blaze panting hard with his eyes closed.

"That was close." Blaze whispered looking into his daughter's red eyes and smiled as he hugged her tightly kissing her on the cheek. "Are you alright, sweetie?"

"I got hurt." Dash whimpered holding out her arm. Blaze examined the small wound with tender hands and sighed with relief. It was just a small graze, nothing that a Band-Aid couldn't fix.

"It's not as bad as it looks. You're fine, sweetie." He whispered kissing Dash on her forehead.

"Are you sure?" Dash asked fearfully watching the blood seeped out of the cut, slowly forming a scab.

"It's fine, sweetie. Once we get home or find a Band-Aid it'll be good as new, promise." Blaze whispered smiling, stroking Dash’s dusty rainbow head of hair. "Once we get home though you need to get a hair wash." Dash giggled looking up at her father's messy hair.

"So do you!" She said laughing, ruffling his head causing a dust cloud to fly in the air. Blaze sighed smiling.

"Alright," He said standing up. He lifted Dash up into his arms feeling her legs wrap around his middle and her arms around his neck as he looked around. "Let's try and get back home."

Dash leaned into her father's shoulder as he started walking with a limp to his step from a hurt ankle from the run. After a long moment of quiet Dash was starting to get bored.

"Daddy?"

"What is it, Rainbow?"

"What happened to that girl?" She asked. Her father made a frown thinking about the girl that was going to hurt his little girl.

"Why are you worried about her?" He asked a touch resentful.

"Well ... she was crying and kept saying she was sorry. And then those bad people came and ... Is she hurt like everyone else?" Dash asked fearfully.

"I don't know, sweetie." Blaze answered truthfully. "Maybe she got away unharmed."

Dash nodded into her father's shoulder closing her eyes feeling tired. "I hope so. I wish I knew why she was crying."

Blaze didn't answer as he noticed Dash went quiet, by the feeling and sound of her soft breathing, she must have fallen asleep. He sighed walking around until he found a door that led to the building proper with cubicles and desks. He gulped as he carefully walked over the broken glass on the floor. Blaze noticed the place was empty and the cubicles were still standing.

"Rainbow," He whispered waking his daughter up. "Wake up, sweetie." He whispered.

Dash yawned, loudly smacking her mouth looking around. "Are we home yet?"

"I'm afraid not, sweetie." Blaze whispered as he knelt down into one of the cubicles to see one desk still intact from the explosion. He set Dash under the desk, Dash sleepily looked up at him confused.

"Listen to me.” Blaze whispered seriously. “I'm going to go back outside by myself and see if the danger is over and if the police or the Wonderbolts have come by yet."

"Can't I come?" Dash asked excitedly. "I want to see the Wonderbolts, too!" Dash suddenly frowned seeing the frightened look on her father's face.

"No," He whispered calmly stroking her head. "I want you to stay here no matter what. Because when I come back later I'll be able to find you."

"Daddy? I want to go with you!" Dash said crawling to him. She watch her father shake his head as he pulled off his blue jacket and placed it over Dash's shoulders. Dash looked up to see her father’ security guard uniform, light blue shirt with black slacks and shoes.

"No, I want you to stay here and only here. Only leave when there is trouble coming to you. Understand?" Blaze said seeing his daughter’s confused look. Dash only understood part of this, her father was leaving her alone in a place she was not familiar with and he’ll be going out where the bad men were! Dash shook her head. Blaze sighed rubbing his eyes.

"Listen to me very carefully, alright? You must stay here and stay hidden. I will be back as soon as I can when I know that the coast is clear for us to go back home. But if you hear a bad man coming to you, stay quiet under this desk and don't move unless you absolutely have to." Blaze said quickly hoping Dash understood what he was saying.

"Daddy!" Rainbow cried as her father backed away from her.

"Stay there!" He ordered harshly. "Stay there and keep your head down until I get back and look for you. I'll be back as soon as I can."

"But, Daddy!" Dash cried as Blaze ran off. "Daddy!" She cried watching him leap over a toppled over desk blocking a doorway then left down the hall. "Daddy!" She screamed again crying. Dash waited hoping her father will come running back to her, but he didn’t come back. She sniffled falling onto her rump rubbing her eyes with her fists. She hiked up her knees and wrapped her arm around her legs as she continued to rub her fist into her eye. Dash looked around her thinking that she should follow her father. But another thought reminded her of something important.

"Daddy said to stay ... then I'll stay." She whispered sniffling as she went to the deepest corner she could in her spot and pulled her father's blue jacket closer around her as she waited. She waited for so long that she fell asleep under the desk.

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

"Hey," A young voice said as Rainbow Dash was shaken awake. Rainbow gasped waking up.

"Daddy!" She cried looking around until she felt a hand grab her face and covering her mouth shushing her. Rainbow tried to fight back screaming but she heard the hush again.

"Quiet! They'll hear ya!" Rainbow stiffened recognizing the voice. She turned to see that it was the blonde girl again! And she was alright!

"You’re-!" Rainbow began but the girl shook her head.

"Hush!" The girl scolded looking out from their hiding spot. "If I let you go, will you be quiet?" She whispered. Rainbow nodded. The girl lowered her hand and placed her finger to her lips to tell Rainbow to stay quiet. Rainbow was confused until she heard boots and cries of men somewhere nearby.

"Aren’t they the police?" Rainbow whispered with hope. The girl shook her head.

"No they ain't." The girl said harshly. “They’re the black men in those helicopters with guns and such. I don’t recognize the words they use but I think they’re not from here.” Rainbow was confused after the girl’s observation.

After a long moment the girl crawled out from under the desk then peeked around outside the cubicle. She crawled to the other side and peeked out then above a fallen desk to see nothing, yet. She turned back to Rainbow.

"Come on, we can get away." The blonde whispered urgently waving her hand for Rainbow to follow her. Rainbow shook her head.

"No, I can't." rainbow said shaking her head.

"Why not?" The girl asked confused.

"Daddy told me to stay here in case he gets back." Rainbow said with resolve as she crossed her arms across her chest. The blonde girl groaned shaking her head.

"You don't get it do you?" She said glaring at her. "Look outside! The attack started this morning and it's already night time. If your dad is still around he would have been here by now, right?"

Rainbow blinked looking at the girl then around her to notice it did look dark inside the room.

"But Daddy will come back. He said he will and take me back home!" Rainbow argued.

The girl thought for a moment then shook her head. "He's gone, kid." She said shaking her head. "He’s gone along with those that got left behind." Rainbow looked up at her to see the girl’s stormy glare. "He's dead! Alright? He's dead along with the others that didn't get away or past the blockade they built at the new mall. The police shot anyone that ran toward them at this late of hour."

Rainbow shook her head. "No ... Daddy's coming. He always came back!"

The girl ground her teeth as she ran over grabbing Rainbow's arm and forced her up to her feet.

"Look, I know your dad told you things but right now it’s too late. He won't be coming and if he's still alive he'll be at the barricade at the mall." Rainbow was scared, sniffling. The girl sighed rubbing her face looking around then she remembered what Rainbow said and smirked at an idea.

"You want to see your dad right?" She asked.

Rainbow nodded looking up at the girl. "Yes!"

"Then follow me. We'll go check on the Police Station and see if your dad's there. But we have to hurry and stay quiet. Got it?" She said seeing Rainbow nod her head.

"Okay." After a silent moment Rainbow looked to the blonde girl. "What's your name?"

"Huh?"

"I asked you what your name was."

The girl blinked then thought for a moment then sighed. "Applejack."

"My name is Rainbow Dash!" Rainbow said smiling at her.

"Yeah, I know that already." Applejack said rolling her eyes as she walked forward with Rainbow following close behind her.

"How old are you?" Rainbow asked.

Applejack rolled her eyes again. "I'm ten years old."

"Oh wow! I’m six!" Rainbow exclaimed holding up six fingers.

"Good for you." Applejack groaned out crawling over the fallen over desk through the doorway to the hallway. She reached over to notice Rainbow was having trouble keeping her father's jacket on her body without it falling to the floor. Applejack leaped over the desk.

"Here let me help you." Applejack said as she helped Rainbow into the adult extra-large jacket then zipped the red painted zipper up to the top. She rolled up the sky blue jacket sleeves until the sleeves were rolled up over the younger girl’s hands. "There does that help?" She asked seeing Rainbow nod. "Good, now come on."

Rainbow followed Applejack through the remains of the office building and keeping a watch out for black clothed men with guns. After a long night of dodging and sneaking around, Applejack lead Rainbow to the police station on the other side of the plaza to the lower streets of Cloudsdale. What the two young girls saw was even more chaos and no building. The police station was obliterated. What was left is a smoldering pile of debris, the pavement wet with water from the water hoses of fire engines all around them. Applejack gulped looking around trying to find some adult that could take Rainbow and find her father. But by the looks of it, no one gave them a second look. No one seemed to care about two young dirty, frightened children in the dark after a devastating attack.

Applejack looked down at Rainbow next to her to see her look around desperately for a familiar sight of her father in the crowd. Applejack gulped realizing that there is a big possibility that Rainbow’s father was really gone and now she was alone, just like her. Applejack sighed and face the reality that she didn’t want to face so soon. She’s alone and the eldest between the two of them. If she was alone with her baby sister Apple Bloom she would take her some place safe for shelter and warmth.

Applejack felt tears of hurtful regret, her baby sister was gone and so was her brother. She blinked looking up seeing a flash of light. In the clouds high above the towers were lighting moving between clouds, a thunder storm was coming. Applejack looked back down at Rainbow with a new purpose. She has to take care of her and keep her protected, just as she would with her sister. She grabbed Rainbow's arm and pulled her away from the building.

"But what about my Daddy?" Rainbow asked feebly following Applejack away from the chaos.

"He's not here." Applejack said with worry. Neither are my family. They’re all gone now.

"Where can he be?" Rainbow asked sleepily. Applejack shrugged.

"Beats me." She answered truthfully. Applejack looked up after seeing another flash of light from the clouds to see one of the large wooden silos or large wooden water containers that litter the older roofs of Cloudsdale. Almost like Manehattan's roofs. They might be something of old Equestria but to Applejack it was shelter. She looked at an alley to find a fire escape ladder.

"Come on." Applejack said as she ran over under the fire escape. "Help me with this." Applejack said waving for Rainbow Dash to follow her. Rainbow walked over rubbing her eyes with her father's jacket sleeve as Applejack looked up.

"Where are we going? I want to go home." Rainbow whined.

Applejack shook her head. "Not after this we can't." She said regretfully as she cupped her hands together interlocking her fingers. "Here, step in my hands. I'll push you up and you grab the red ladder. Okay?"

"Why?" Rainbow asked.

"Because there is a place where we can sleep tonight up there. Trust me on this one." Rainbow blinked then nodded numbly as she placed her foot into Applejack's hands. "Good, grab my shoulders." Rainbow nodded as she placed her hands on Applejack's shoulders. "Great now at the count of three I'll push you up and you have to grab the bars on the ladder. I want you to hold on tight." Rainbow nodded again.

"One, two, three!" Applejack hoisted the girl up hard into the air. Rainbow gasped feeling air born for a few seconds until she grabbed the bar of the ladder with one hand.

"I did it!" Rainbow cried out smiling feeling excited not only because she caught the ladder but the exhilarating feeling of floating in the air.

"Good now hang on with both hands." Applejack ordered. Rainbow nodded as she shook the sleeve down her arm as she grabbed the bar with her other hand. Now with both hands gripped to the ladder she looked around.

"Now what?"

"Just hang on tight." Applejack answered as she reached up and grabbed Rainbow's legs. Rainbow yelped in surprised feeling her puling her down. Then she felt the ladder give away causing the ladder to fall. Rainbow screamed as Applejack touched the ground then grabbed Rainbow’s waist to keep her from falling from the ladder.

"There, see?" Applejack said as Rainbow released her grip falling into Applejack to the ground. Applejack glared at the girl then stared to laugh. Rainbow giggled too.

The two girls stood back up again and moved to the ladder. "Now climb up, I'm right behind you." Applejack ordered with a reassuring smile. Rainbow nodded as she carefully climbed up the metal ladder to the fire escape and leaped onto the metal grate. Applejack leaped up behind her.

"Follow me." Applejack said as she climbed up the steps. Rainbow followed after her up the steps until they reached the roof top where the old silo is. Applejack helped Rainbow up to the roof top and stared at the old wooden silo. Applejack knocked on the wood listening into the silo.

"It sounds empty. It might not be used." She said smiling and noticed Rainbow trying to stay awake, practically sleeping on her feet. Applejack found a small ladder on the side and started climbing up. At the top she found the wheel to the door. She turned the wheel and pulled open the cheap metal door. Immediately she could smell moldy, soggy wood. Applejack sighed and leaped into the silo expecting water but felt wood and yelped with pain landing hard. Applejack felt around her to feel damp wood around her. The silo was empty.

"Perfect!" Applejack looked around now with a difficult challenge. "Okay how do I get back out?" She thought for a moment then stomped her foot on the damp wood then heard it splinter and crack. She smirked and continued to stomp and jump hard on the spot until it finally gave way. Applejack fell hard on her rump with a groan, rubbing her hindquarters. She noticed Rainbow was sitting on the floor trying to stay awake.

"Hey," Applejack called walking over to Rainbow. “Come on inside here. It'll keep us warm for now."

Rainbow nodded as Applejack helped her stand back up then she was led up into the silo. Rainbow hated the smell but sleep was taking more energy than her time to complain.

"Applejack?" Rainbow asked sleepily.

"Yeah?"

"Can we look for my daddy tomorrow?"

Applejack thought for a moment. She bit her lip with worry. It was probably possible that just like with Applejack's family Rainbow lost her dad to the events of the day. Applejack sighed feeling Rainbow lean against her shoulder sleeping.

"Sure kid." Applejack whispered. "Sure."

~ * ~ * ~ * ~ * ~

Days passed and there was no sign of Rainbow Blaze. From walking around the streets of Cloudsdale, Applejack and Rainbow became closer than ever. To survive out in the streets you have to rely on your closest companion to stay alive. It seemed that they weren’t the only ones that lost their families in the Cloudsdale Plaza Massacre as the media called it. There were so many homeless and orphaned children after the attack, so many in fact that Princess Celestia and Princess Luna ordered a state of emergency to Cloudsdale and have the city search for every orphaned child and catalog them and send them to homes or into the system. Applejack didn’t want to stay in one place and neither did Rainbow. Even when Applejack told her to stay, Rainbow followed after her. The two became sisters running from the law to remain independent and free from the city’s new control system.

As they grew they had taught themselves through trial and error how to run from the cops and run from other street gangs ran by other orphans. To survive you have to be faster than your enemy and running up a building and climbing up to the rooftops became a simple thing. The higher the two girls climbed the more free they became.

Six years after the attack, Applejack and Rainbow learned how to live up in the sky and the clouds. To survive though you have to have money and food. Applejack and Rainbow discovered that the street gangs were having trouble with the new police force that the street gangs nicknamed the Griffs. A group of highly trained police super soldiers that try and take out the gangsters that polluted Cloudsdale for the last three years. Applejack decided to use this to their advantage and said that she and Rainbow can deliver their goods to the right people for a price. After a couple of months of doing this work the two delivered drugs, guns, and messages to their clients. Over time Applejack created their rules to abide by while delivering for a client. One rule being not to ask what the parcel or message contains. They learned that the hard way and decided to be oblivious of the contents.

Over time there were so many shipping orders that the two couldn’t do it alone. Until they realized that they had a following of orphans and street kids that want to learn how to run and jump and climb up walls like them. Thus began the Flying Couriers, a rag tag group of orphans and street kids that delivered goods for the right price. The two friends trained the few that made it to the roof tops and accepted their new way of life.

For the next six years, Rainbow grew to accept that her father was gone but deep in the back of her mind as she leapt from building to building, running off walls, and running through the city sky line, she still wondered what happened after her father left her. Was he possibly still out there looking for her or did he give up like she did. Either way she now has a life. Her life is now on the edge of the known world to some in Cloudsdale. The sky isn’t the limit anymore, it’s just another place to go.

Couriers came and left, some by accidental injuries and some that just wanted to leave to find a new life. As for Rainbow, she would never leave the sky, even if her best friend left her there to be alone. Many things change, but not the sky. The sky will always be the same, always high above the rest.

Author's Note:

September 5th, 2014: Prologue went through a re-edit. Edits done by my bud Xhoral1865.
March 22, 2015: Got another editor to help out. Edits done by silent reader.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Here we are, an all new story.

So the same old same old routine when I start a new story. You get the Prologue and Chapter 1. So if you enjoy the story please give it a like or a fave and don't be afraid to leave comments. :twilightsmile: There is no crossover tag because this story was inspired by the video game Mirror's Edge. If you have played the game or seen the gameplay videos on YouTube then you might will notice some similar situations in the game in this story.

This is also the first time I'm writing with something that will use a lot of description and detail especially with movement like parkour (or free running whatever you call it). So please let me know if there are any mistakes or not enough description in certain places and I'll try and get better.

Hope you enjoy. :twilightsmile: