• Published 11th Feb 2014
  • 9,455 Views, 320 Comments

Life of a Dragon: Die for Metal - MoshKing



Spike is pushed too far and runs away, and learns of the raw power behind heavy metal.

  • ...
22
 320
 9,455

Chapter 2: Betrayal (part 2)

Spike stared at the two mares on his sister's bed for what seemed like an eternity. He tried to form words, but he appeared to have lost the ability to speak. He just stood there, speechless. After a few moments of silencs, something in his mind finally clicked, and he said only five words.

"Are you fucking kidding me?"

Twilight and Rarity looked up at Spike, both looking as if they had been caught committing an unspeakable crime. The room was filled with a disturbing silence. "S-S-Spike..." Twilight stammered, "W-W-What are you doing here?"

Spike didn't answer her." What the fuck is wrong with you?" Spike snarled, "You know how I feel about Rarity, and yet you still took her for your own."

Twilight tried to respond, "Spike, please calm down..." she said.

Spike retorted, "Shut up, Sparkle." the way that he responded to her sent a shiver down her spine. "How long has this been going on?"

Twilight had to force herself to speak again. "T-T-Three months..." she whispered quietly, almost sounding like Fluttershy because of the mixture of nervousness and fear in her voice. She had never seen her little brother look so hurt and so angry at the same time. It scared her immensely.

Smoke started to emit from Spike's mouth and nostrils. "I see..." he began, "And did you plan on telling me eventually, or were you just going to keep leading me on so that you could still get free labor out of me?"

Rarity spoke for the first time since Spike had walked in on them. "Spike..." she started, " I'm sorry, but, Twilight and I are marefriends. I know we should have told you earlier, but we were afraid of how you would react. It has nothing to do with every thing you've done for us. And we're both still learning to cope with the fact that we like mar-

Spike exploded. "THAT'S BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW IT! YOU HAVE NO EXCUSE FOR KEEPING THIS FROM ME!" he screamed. flames shooting from his mouth. "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE EVEN GOTTEN TOGETHER IN THE FIRST PLACE! YOU TWO DIDN'T GIVE A DAMN ABOUT HOW THIS WOULD MAKE ME FEEL, BECAUSE YOU ONLY THINK ABOUT YOURSELVES! SO DON'T TRY TO FEED ME ANY MORE OF YOUR BULLSHIT, BECAUSE I'M DONE!!!" A gout of flame shot from his mouth and narrowly missed Twilight and Rarity by just inches, scorching the bedpost and wall behind them.

Spike stormed out of the room, and proceeded to make his way down the hall, his tail would occasionally swing and destroy a set of armor, but he couldn't have cared less. He couldn't believe it. His sister had just proven what he had believed all along: None of them cared about him. The only people who ever even gave him a second's though was Celestia and Luna. He couldn't do it anymore. He had to get far away from Canterlot, from Ponyville, from Equestria itself. As far as he was concerned, it wasn't his home anymore.

"What's with all the yelling!? I'm trying to sleep here!"

He recognized Rainbow Dash's voice as he reached the entrance to the throne room. He turned around to find a disgruntled Rainbow Dash being followed closely by Applejack, Pinkie Pie, and Fluttershy, each in their pajamas and looking as if they had been woken up violently. "What the hay is going on out here?" Applejack asked, rubbing her eyes as she did so.

The sight of Twilight and Rarity's friends only further reminded him of everything they had put him through, making him even more angry than before.

"Get away from me. All of you. I'm done dealing with you guys treating me like crap." Spike deadpanned. he walked through the entrance to the throne room, startling Princess Luna, who had been holding Night Court with members of her Lunar Guard. Twilight and Rarity had already caught up with Spike and the rest of the Mane Six, both with robes haphazardly thrown on in the process of trying to get to Spike before he could do something he'd regret. Nobody paid any attention to the two marefriends as they stood behind the rest of the group

"What are you talking about, Spike? Ya'll aren't making any sense." Applejack questioned him. Spike turned around to face the orange farm mare. Something was wrong though, his scales were turning slightly darker, his pupils turned into slits, and the whites of his eyes were turning gray.

Spike began to speak, "I'm making no sense?" he said, no emotion could be heard in his voice, "I"m talking about how you six have always treated me like crap. Everything that I've ever done has never mattered to any of you. Instead, you guys used me like a slave. Whenever you guys are off doing something cool or going on some adventure, I'm the one who gets left behind. And whenever you DO let me tag along, it's just so I can carry around all of your shit for you. And if that's not enough, how about the fact that you've never cared how your actions affect me. Remember how you guys left me sleeping on a chunk of ice during Winter Wrap Up around the time that Twilight first moved to Ponyville? I fell into the water and nearly froze to death. Did it ever even occur to you six that dragons, which are cold-blooded creatures, and freezing temperatures don't mix?"

Each recount of what the Mane Six did to Spike left the six mares looking guiltier and guiltier by the second, while Luna sat on her throne in the background, growing more and more furious at the Elements of Harmony for how they treated Spike. She already had ONE moody and depressed nephew, and now she had another furious, fire-breathing one to deal with.

Spike continued his rant. "How about when you all left to Canterlot to celebrate Twilight's birthday without inviting me? Or when you all forgot about MY birthday and went to go see a Wonderbolts show in Cloudsdale? Or how about the fact that you all completely neglected the fact that I SAVED THE CRYSTAL EMPIRE AND INSTEAD BROKE OUT INTO A SONG ABOUT TWILIGHT PASSING HER TEST!!!??? OR HOW ABOUT THE MOST RECENT EXAMPLE, WHERE TWILIGHT HAS BEEN FUCKING RARITY BEHIND MY BACK FOR THREE MONTHS!!!!????" The others looked back at Twilight and Rarity, who hung their heads in shame.

"I'M DONE BEING TREATED LIKE SHIT BY YOU STUPID, INCONSIDERATE CUNTS!!! YOU CAN ALL BURN IN HELL!!!!!!!"

The whites of Spike's eyes had gone completely black, and his fangs had grown considerably longer and sharper. The Mane Six took in Spike's new, frightening appearance before he sprinted out the castle exit. He spread his wings and flew away as fast as he could.

The Mane Six stood in the throne room, completely speechless, but all sharing the same thought:

"What have we done?"

Author's Note:

Well, I finally got the second chapter finished. I am ready for any complaints on how I portrayed Spike in this part of the story. I'll have chapter three out real soon. And for those of you who don't know, this chapter and the last one are named after the Lita Ford song "Betrayal".


Live hard and rock on!