• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 2,591 Views, 82 Comments

Mobile Fighter G-Pony - Raryn



Ponies piloting giant pony mechs in a fighting tournament for the right to rule Equestria!

  • ...
1
 82
 2,591

Episode 5: Raging Heart

“Greetings and salutations, everypony,” MR said as the familiar spotlight shone down the suited pony sitting on his stool. “For the moment, I have no new information to pass on to you all. Now onto today's business.” MR stood up from his stool. “Today we shall meet the formidable pilot of Neo-Las Pegasus and their pony suit, the Heart Pony.”

“Hey, mister,” Pinkie Pie said, appearing out of the darkness. She pulled a picture out of a saddle bag and handed it again to MR. “Have you heard anything new?” The picture showed three ponies. One was Pinkie, standing there but with her hair straightened out, the other two were colored purple and gray with like hairstyles, her sisters, Inkie and Blinkie Pie.

“Hum,” MR said as he took the picture. “Sorry, but I haven't heard anything new since last time.”

“Really, well thanks anyway,” Pinkie said as she grabbed MR in a hug. “I just hope I find a solid lead soon.”

“Don't worry,” MR said as he pulled away from the hug and handed back Pinkie's picture. “I think you will find what you're looking for soon.”

“Thanks,” she said as she vanished back into the darkness.

“Now, what this picture has to do with today’s battle, we’ll have to wait and see.” In one swift motion, MR pulled off both his suit and eye patch, revealing his bright pink shirt and bow tie and his perfectly normal working right eye. “Now, everypony, say it with me; pony fight all set. Ready, Go!”


Mobile Fighter G-Pony Episode 5
Raging Heart


“Twilight,” Pinkie whined weakly as she hung her head out the window of the core lander as it sped down a desert road. “It's hot. Why is it so hot?”

“We're in a desert,” Twilight replied as she tried to get the cooling spell in the core lander to work with no avail. “Las Pegasus was built in the Mareave Desert. That's why it's hot.” Twilight smacked the counsel of the core lander with a hoof. “That and the stupid cooling spell compressor seems to be on the fritz again.”

“Why would anypony want to build a city in the desert?”

“Well, the city was founded back before the colonies lifted, so all I can think of is that this was one of the bright attempts to find a place that was free from the princesses' rule. Apparently, they thought building a city in the middle of a desert was as good a place to try.”

“Ug,”Pinkie said as she continued to hang her head out the window in an attempt to coll herself. “I can't wait 'till we reach the city. You said it'll be cooler there right?”

“Yep,” Twilight said as she finally gave up trying to get the cooling spell active. “Built with the very best weather controlling technology developed in tandem from all three pony races.”

The two ponies went silent as the core lander continued its course through the harsh heat of the Mareave Desert towards Las Pegasus.


“Welcome to Las Pegasus!” an automated voice shouted out from a speaker next to a video screen as it lit up to show the face of a cartoony earth pony in a pristine white suit a hat with a cutie mark of a stack of poker chips and a pair of cards, a king and an ace. “How you two doing today? Welcome to the Las Pegasus entrance checkpoint, my name is Lucky Streak, and I'll be your guide to the city.”

Twilight and Pinkie stared at the cartoon pony on the screen. They had not expected such a spectacle when they had entered the checkpoint. They had expected to meet actual ponies at the very least.

“Come now, you two,” Lucky Streak said. “We have much to see. Now if you could just step through the sensor right over here to make sure you are not bringing in anything illegal or prohibited.” The cartoon motioned to a large device covering the entirety of the hallway just past the video screen. Pinkie and Twilight looked at each other, then shrugged before they walked through the sensor. It did not go off.

“Ah good,” Lucky Streak said as he popped up on another video screen. “Now come on. Much to do, much to see, before you get to the city.”

“Is this necessary?” Twilight asked the cartoon as she gazed around to see if there were any actual ponies around. Unfortunately, it seemed that the checkpoint was completely automated.

“Oh yes, miss. It is absolutely necessary. If it wasn't then I'd be out of a job wouldn't I? Do you know how hard it is for someone like me to find a job in today's society? Virtually impossible!” The cartoon pony let out a laugh before he walked off the screen and appeared on one further down the hall. “This way please.”

“Uh, was that a joke or something just now?”Twilight asked a giggling Pinkie. “I don't get it.”

“Oh Twilight, you know that you can't explain a joke,” Pinkie replied as she followed after Lucky streak. “It loses the funny once you explain it.”

Twilight gave a sigh before following. As she rejoined Pinkie, Lucky Streak was already into an exposition on the founding of the city of Las Pegasus.

“As you may already know, Las Pegasus was founded back during the times of unrest in Equestria, when the populace were growing more and more restless over the princesses' unending rule. So, many ponies set out to find places where they could live free of the the princesses' rule. Many failed, such as Old Stalliongrad to the far north, as the elements of nature proved to be much harder to contain and control outside of Equestria. Yet here, in the harsh, unforgiving Mareave Desert, earth ponies, pegasi, and unicorn all pulled together their collective knowledge and powers and managed to develop a way to keep Las Pegasus from following suit to other failed cities.”

Lucky streak walked off the screen, and reappeared on another, prompting Pinkie and Twilight to follow. This next screen was flanked by another large mural, this time showing the building of several large towers around the city. “With the collective knowledge, the three races managed to develop special weather manipulation towers. These towers are able to produce their own source of water, allowing for the creation of clouds and subsequently, rain in our little part of the desert. These towers also self regulate the overall temperature of the city so that is neither too hot during the summer nor too cold during the winter. But, as our luck would have it, soon after the city and its towers were completed, it fell back under the princesses' rule. So it came to no surprise that a colony was developed early on.”

Lucky Streak once again passed onto another video screen next to another mural, this one depicting the building of a colony. “In fact, we almost managed to beat the ponies at Manehatten in launching, but we had to settle for second. When the colony finally went up, like with other cities, the top brass and all the important ponies of the city went with it. This left in Las Pegasus, the unwanted, the outlaws, and the opportunists, who went on to take over. It was this that lead to Las Pegasus becoming what it is today.”

Lucky Streak again passed from this video screen to the next. This one was accompanied by a mural showing Las Pegasus as it was today. “Las Pegasus, the shining star of the desert, the city that never sleeps, the entertainment capital of Equestria. Currently home of a total of sixty seven casinos and game houses, forty two theaters and stages, and fifty three hotels and places of lodgings all of three star quality or better. Enjoy your stay and make sure to follow the laws of the city. You can pick up a copy of the law book right outside. Now, I bid you two farewell.” At that, Lucky Streak vanished as a door opened up just a bit further down the hall. Daylight spilled into the hall as Pinkie and Twilight walked to it and exited out into the city of Las Pegasus.

“Wow,” Pinkie said as she gazed around at the countless number of ponies and other creatures going about their business in the city. This place is even bigger than Landsdale was. How are we going to find anything here?”

“Well, Pinkie,” Twilight said. “I'm going to go off to the embassy like normal, see what I can gleam from the leaders of the city. You on the other hand are going to go and take the day off and relax. You've been through so much recently. You need a break.”

“No I don't, Twilight, I'm fine. I just need to keep myself occupied with my search.”

“Pinkie, trust me. You are not ok. You need to take your mind off this or it will drive you mad. Now here, take this.” Twilight tossed a bag of money to Pinkie who failed to catch it. The money bag clanked loudly as it struck the ground. “Go see a show and most importantly, relax.” She turned and headed off into the city, leaving Pinkie standing by the exit to the city checkpoint.

Pinkie stared after Twilight as her mane straightened, ignoring the bag of money at her hooves. “But, Twilight, I don't think I can relax anymore.” She looked down at the money bag and picked it up and placed it in her saddle bag as she turned and walked aimlessly into the city. As she wandered, her eyes were constantly drawn to the many colorful signs and advertisements for events and shows lining the streets. Deep in thought as she was, Pinkie paid the signs no need until she gazed upon on particularly obnoxious sign.

The sign showed the head and upper body of a blue minotaur with a black mohawk and beard wearing a tie striking a dynamic pose, flexing the muscles in his arms. “Don't be a doormat! Iron Will, famed self-help guru invites all to attend his last seminar at the Central Metropony theater in Las Pegasus, right next to the Hoofstead inn,” the sign said.

“Self-help guru, more like bag of hot air,” Pinkie said as she turned her gaze from the sign and continued her aimless wandering.


The Central Metropony theater, one of the largest and most extravagant theaters in Las Pegasus as well as one of the most well known, was packed to the brim with ponies and other various creatures all awaiting the start of Iron Will's final seminar. Though, ask anypony who had attended one of Iron Will's seminars before, and they'll tell you that it is more like attending a large concert for some bug name musician than anything, with the sheer amount of pyrotechnics and fireworks as well as the overbearing mannerisms and personality of Iron Will himself.

At the entrance to the theater stood two goats, one white and one gray, each wearing a black tie and a headset. The two stood by as the last of the seminar attendees entered the theater.

“Boss,” the gray goat bleated into its headset. “The last one just entered. We're closing the doors.”

“It's showtime!” the white goat said as the two entered the theater, shutting the doors behind them.


A feeling of anticipation began to flow throughout the attendees as the lights of the Central Metropony theater began to dim. Smoke began to flow from the sides of the large curtain on the stage as loud rock music started to play from speakers all about the theater. The curtain quickly opened as colored lights flooded the stage, showering it with color. There, standing at the center of the stage was a large blue minotaur with a black mohawk and beard wearing a large, fancy red and gold cloak, a black tie, and a headset. The minotaur slowly raised his arms in time with the music, and once they were parallel to the ground, the minotaur grabbed the edge of his cloak with one hand and threw it away as the music began to grow louder and pyrotechnics went off, great bursts of fire came from the stage and fireworks launched out over the crowd to burst among the high ceiling of the theater. The crowd erupted in cheers as the minotaur began to throw punches to the side before executing a pair of back flips that brought him to the edge of the stage.

A pair of spotlights lit up the minotaur as he brought himself to his full height and flexed his massive upper arms before he addressed the crowded theater. “Welcome friends,” the minotaur said as his voice was amplified and heard through all the theater's speakers. “My name is Iron Will and welcome to Iron Will's last seminar and the first day of the rest of your life!” The crowd once again exploded with cheers as the ponies began to stomp their hooves on the ground.

Iron will turned to the side and spun his arm a few times before bringing his hand to his ear. “Now, let me hear you stomp if you're tired of being a pushover!” The cheers and sound of stomping hooves grew louder as Iron Will ran to the other side of the stage and repeated the gesture. “Stomp if you're tired of being a doormat!” Somehow, the cheers managed to grow even larger as Iron Will returned to the center of the stage. “That's right, now I'm sure there are those out there who are asking themselves 'what does this minotaur know of self-esteem issues?' Well, Iron Will used to be like you once. Weak, scrawny, a doormat. But one day, Iron Will said to himself that he would no longer stand for it. He developed a list of sayings that he acted on and repeated day after day until he had become what he is today. Iron Will had seen the tops of the mountains and now he stood there. That is why Iron Will knows what he's talking about, and I pity the fool who doubts Iron Will!” As Iron Will regaled his tale, he interjected in movement, throwing out kicks and punches to emphasize his points. As he ended the crowd once again roared in cheers with many of them joining in in saying his famous 'pity the fool' line.

“Now settle down everyone, for Iron Will has something important to say regarding his temporary retirement.” The music died down and the lights dimmed down, leaving Iron Will illuminated solely by the theater's spotlights. “Iron Will has been offered a once in a lifetime chance. The leaders of the Neo-Las Pegasus colony, the colony for this very city has offered Iron Will a place within the Neo-Las Pegasus pony suit team as both the trainer and motivator for its pilot. Now I know that many out there are wondering if this is in fact the very last Iron Will seminar, and for you all I give you this answer. Iron Will will be back! Now, let's get this thing started!”


At the back of the theater, watching the spectacle that was Iron Will on stage with an expression of leaning on boredom, stood a gangly white unicorn stallion with a short cropped jet black mane, tail, and mustache and a cutie mark that was a piece of parchment sitting beneath an ink well. He let out a yawn as Iron Will turned his attention to him.

“You there! In the back,” Iron Will shouted.

The unicorn looked around before he returned his gaze to Iron Will, raising a hoof to point at himself.

“Yes you. It seems that Iron Will is boring you. How about you come up on stage to demonstrate Iron Will's teaching.” The unicorn looked around again and gave a shrug as he walked up to the stage. Under the light of the stage, the unicorn's coloring somehow managed to look even paler than a normal white pony. “Now there little pony. What is your name.”

“My name is Edgar,” the unicorn said in a disturbingly off kilter voice, one that was just a little too deep for somepony of his gangly stature. This had a noticeable effect on the audience as those in the front row backed away slightly from the stage. “And I doubt that I need your teachings.”

“Oh? And why is that?”

“Well, it is because I am a pony suit pilot. From the colony of Neo-Baltimare.”

“Did you hear that everyone?” Iron Will said, addressing the audience. “We have a big time pony suit pilot in attendance. Well, I guess that we can call the seminar short because I am sending out a challenge to you, Edgar. You, the Las Pegasus's pilot, pony fight match, one hour!”

“I accept,” Edgar replied as he turned and left the stage.

“I'm sorry to you all for cutting this seminar short, but I got a pony fight match to attend and a pilot to rile up!” Iron Will turned and walked behind the stage curtain as the theater lights turned on and the seminar attendees began to file out of the theater.


Pinkie wandered aimlessly about the streets of Las Pegasus deep in her thoughts, her mane still retained its straight, deflated look. She couldn't relax, she couldn't afford the time. How could she relax when she should be out there looking for her sisters. As Pinkie's mind began to run these thoughts over and over, Pinkie came to a sudden realization.

“Maybe Twilight is right,” she said as she stopped dead in the middle of the street. “Maybe I do need some time off to set my mind at ease.” She gazed around to see if there was some place nearby where she could get off her hooves and rest, but her eyes fell onto something she would rather not have seen. Her eyes fell onto a family of donkeys that were walking down the road towards her; a mother, a father, and three children. A normal family, aside from the father's crazy blond pompadour, that reminded her too much of her own family and caused her resolve to relax and set her mind at ease to waver.

“No,” Pinkie said as she turned her gaze away from the donkey family. “Why do you show me things that remind me of what I have lost!” Pinkie began to run down the streets of Las Pegasus heedless of those around her as she tried to outrun the memories of her past. Eventually, her running brought her to a large park filled with green fields and large groups of trees. In spite of Pinkie's mindset at the moment, the scene managed to bring a smile to Pinkie's face.

“A desert surrounding the city, and here we have green grass and trees in bloom,” She said as she found a place to lie down in the shade of a tree. “Maybe this place will help to ease my mind.”

After awhile, Pinkie managed to fall asleep in the peace of the park; the combination of the wind rustling through the trees, the sun filtering through the leaves, and the sound of ponies playing managed to set her at ease for the moment. Then she was awakened when she felt something bounce into her side. She opened her eyes and saw that what had hit her was a brightly colored ball. She lifted her head as the sound of voices grew closer and watched as a trio of earth pony children approached her.

“Um, excuse me, miss,” one of the children, a tan colored colt with a wild bright red mane and tail. “Could we have our ball back? Please?”

Pinkie looked from the children to the ball then back. Here's something else that'll help me ease my mind she thought as a smile grew on her face. She stood and kicked the ball into the air and began to juggle it between limbs while performing cartwheels and flips as the children stared in awe at the spectacle. One final kick sent the ball high into the air as Pinkie turned and ran at the tree she had been under, jumped off of it, and caught the ball as it was descending while executing a front flip that set her right in front of the kids.

“Wow,” one of the kids, a light orange filly with a curly green mane and tail, said. “That was awesome!”

“Amazing!” the third kid, a gray filly with a long straight black and white mane and tail said. “Stupendous even!”

“Who are you miss?” the kind, the colt, said.

“I'm Pinkie Pie,” Pinkie replied. “But you can just call me Auntie Pinkie. Now how about you three?”

“I'm Rocket,” the colt with the red mane said.

“Carrot,” the orange filly said.

“And I'm Peppercorn,” the gray filly chimed in.

“Well Rocket, Carrot, Peppercorn; how about I show you how how to bounce a ball like I do?”

“Yay!” the three kids shouted as they ran out into the field followed closely by Pinkie.


Just outside of Las Pegasus, Edgar, the pilot for Neo-Baltimare stood next to his pony suit, the Raven Pony, as he waited for the Neo-Las Pegasus pilot to show up. A cloud of dust coming from the direction of the city signaled the arrival of he hoped, the pilot. Instead, it was Iron Will driving a vehicle with a yellow pegasus stallion with a short cut orange mane and tail and a cutie mark of what looked like a computer. The pegasus was dressed in a white lab coat and had stubble growing from his jaw. Edgar assumed that the pegasus was part of the Neo-Las Pegasus team. Iron Will stopped the vehicle and jumped out before approaching Edgar.

“So, you're here,” Iron Will said as he looked at the Neo-Baltimare pony suit. The suit was of a deep purple color, making it seem almost black and its design was as strange as its coloring. The suit had small wings on its back despite its pilot not being a pegasus, the head unit looked like the head of a bird with its beak open, showing the face of the suit in its mouth, and on each hoof, were a set of claws that were folded up against the legs. “And I take it that this is the Raven Pony of Neo-Baltimare.”

“Where is your pilot?” Edgar asked, ignoring Iron Will's statements. “The hour has passed.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Iron Will said. “They're on their way.” Another plume of dust announced the arrival of the Neo-Las Pegasus pony suit, which also had a rather unorthodox design. It had large rabbit ears on its head unit and a rabbit's tail and was colored in an unassuming yellow with pink highlights. “And here it is, the Heart Pony.”

“So it is time then,” Edgar said as he entered the Raven Pony and began its start up sequence.

Iron Will looked at the strange Raven Pony for a moment before he turned to the pegasus that had come with him. “Professor, when the fight starts, initiate the Berserker system.”

“But that hasn't been fully tested yet,” the Professor replied. “We don't know what kind of reaction the pilot will have to it.”

“Who was brought onto this team to make these decisions, Professor?”

“You?”

“That's right,” Iron Will said as he grabbed the collar of the Professor's lab coat and hauled him off the ground and brought his face to his. “And when I say you activate the Berserker system when the fight starts, you activate the Berserker system when the fight starts. You got that!”

“Yes, Iron Will, sir!” the Professor said as Iron Will dropped him to the ground. He scrambled to his hooves and reached into the vehicle and pulled out a small computer. He pushed a button on the computer and it turned on. “The Berserker system is primed and ready.”

“Good,” Iron Will said as he flipped on his headset. “Pilot, let's get this match started.”

“Yes sir, Iron Will sir!” the pilot of the Heart Pony said through the headset as the Heart Pony approached the Raven Pony. “You ready?” the pilot's voice to the Neo-Baltimare pilot through the external speakers.

“Yes,” Edgar replied as the Raven Pony tensed up, readying itself for the start of the fight. “Pony fight match all set.”

“Ready,” the Neo-Las Pegasus said.

“Go!” At the signal, the two suits launched towards each other. As they closed in, both pilots had the same idea as the two suits reared up on their hind legs and grappled with their forelegs. After a few moments of back and forth struggle, the Raven Pony found itself being pushed back. The Raven Pony broke the grapple and jumped back from the Heart Pony.

“Powerful,” Edgar said as he opened up a com link to the Heart Pony. “Your suits rather powerful for such a silly looking thing.”

“Thanks,” the Las Pegasus pilot said as the two suits grappled once again. “The same goes to you. Your suit may look weird and more like a bird then a pony, but it is strong too.” Once again, the Raven Pony began to lose the test of strength and was being pushed back.

“You seem like a nice pony from the way you speak. I feel sorry for what I'm about to do to you, just so you know.”

“What do you mean?” the Las Pegasus pilot began as the Raven Pony's claws unfurled from its legs and dug into the forelegs of the Heart Pony and into the desert ground. Using its newfound leverage, the Raven Pony pulled the Heart Pony towards it and drove the beak adorning its head into the head of the Heart Pony and tossed it away. The Raven Pony approached the prone Heart Pony and reared back in an attempt to drive its clawed hooves into the head of it. The Heart Pony quickly rolled away to dodge the attack and regained its footing.

“Nimble too,” Edgar said as he praised the Heart Pony again. “Not only is the suit impressive, but its pilot is too.” The Raven Pony's wings opened, revealing several laser pods that began to fire at the Heart Pony which dodged back and forth, avoiding the attacks.


The professor stood enthralled at the action occurring in front of him, the counsel for the Berserker system sitting forgotten in their vehicle. Iron Will turned to the professor and smacked him across the face.

“Why haven't you activated the Berserker system yet‽”

“But it looks like she'll be able to win this without it,” the Professor said as he rubbed his face and motioned to the battle where the Heart Pony had closed in on the Raven Pony and was pressing attacks, setting it on defense. “We don't need to activate it!”

“If you won't do it,” Iron Will said as he grabbed the Berserker system counsel and pressed the initiating key, “then I will.”


A loud cry sounded from the pilot of the Heart Pony only to be amplified into an unearthly wail by its external speakers as the whole suit began to glow a bright red. Right before the eyes of all who were there, the Heart Pony began to change. The rabbit ears on its head folded down on themselves to resemble horns, spiked ridges rose from its back as the rabbit tail unraveled itself to become more lizard like, and claws unfolded themselves from its hooves.

“What's going on?” Edgar asked the Las Pegasus pilot through the com link as he watched the transformation of his opponents suit. “Are you ok over there?” What replied to him was another unearthly wail as the Heart Pony launched itself at the Raven Pony faster than it had before. Taken aback by the speed of the attack, the Raven Pony was not able to fully dodge the charge and one of its hind legs was caught by the Heart Pony. With a mighty heave, the Heart Pony lifted the Raven Pony into the air and slammed it to the ground. Before the it could react, the Heart Pony pounced on the prone Raven Pony and began to savage it with its clawed hooves.

The Raven Pony struggled to free itself and raised its forelegs in defense, but the Heart Pony's claws sliced through the leg armor like butter and tore the limbs from the suit, leaving it defenseless. The Heart Pony continued to attack, tearing through the armor and weapons of the Raven Pony. Its wings were ripped to shreds and spread across the desert floor as was its armor and its head was torn from its body and crushed. The attacks of the Heart Pony continued even after all this.

“Sir!” the Professor shouted as Iron Will stared at the carnage happening before them. “Shut the suit down! This is too excessive, we've already won this fight!”

Iron Will shook his head as the Professor's words penetrated past the battle in his mind. He looked down at the counsel in his hands and pressed a large red button labeled 'Emergency Shut Down.' The Heart Pony immediately stopped moving and slowly began to retain its normal look. The Professor took the Berserker counsel away from Iron Will and sat It back in the vehicle before continuing. “Call for a medical team. I'll get in contact with the pilots to see how injured they are.”

As the Professor picked up the headset for the communicator, the Heart Pony's pilot's voice peeped up on the communicator, “Professor, what happened?”

“Is everything alright with you?” the Professor asked. “Are you hurt? What about the Baltimare pilot?”

“No, I'm fine Professor, but the other pilot has not responded to anything.”

The Professor gazed over to the two pony suits. The Raven Pony was torn to pieces. Of course the pilot wouldn't respond to anything, he thought. And even if he's still conscious, it looks like the cockpit has been crushed. All the communication equipment is most likely destroyed and he can't get out. “Don't worry, we have a medical team on their way,” the he said as he gazed over to Iron Will who was also on a communicator.

“Professor, can I have the rest of the day off?”

“Yes, dear. You can have the rest of the day off. You deserve it after what you've been through today. Go and relax while we run through the data from the fight.”

“Thank you, Professor,” the pilot responded as the communicator cut off. A moment later the cockpit for the Heart Pony opened and the pilot flew off towards the city.

“Hey, where's she going?” Iron Will asked as he watched the pilot fly off.

“She's going off to relax after what you put her through,” the Professor said. “You stay here with the suits until the medical team arrives and treats the Baltimare pilot. I have data to compile and analyze and an apology to write to the Baltimare colony about this incident.” The Professor turned away from Iron Will and entered the vehicle and drove off towards the city as he stood and watched.


“Where are you, Rocket?” a tan earth pony mare with a mane of bright red mane said as she gazed around the Las Pegasus park. She spied Rocket playing with a ball with his friends and Pinkie over by a line of trees. “There you are. Rocket, it’s time to go. You were supposed to come back home awhile ago.”

“But sis,” Rocket whined as he let the ball fall to the ground.

“No buts, squirt. I was sent to get you three and I am not leaving here without you.”

The three young ponies grumbled at the fact that they could no longer play around with Pinkie and at the fact that they had to leave. The three of them turned to Pinkie and said their goodbyes.

“Bye, Auntie Pinkie!” Peppercorn said.

“Bye,” Carrot said. “And thanks for showing us something amazingly cool.”

“Will we see you again?” Rocket asked.

Pinkie gathered the three kids into a big hug. “Maybe,” she said, answering Rocket’s question. “You never know what the future will bring. Now get going you three, your families are waiting.” Pinkie let go of the three young ponies and watched as they ran off to meet Rocket’s sister. They turned once and waved goodbye to her before they all left.

Pinkie gave a small wave as they all left. Once they were out of sight, Pinkie laid back down in the shade of the trees and gave a small sigh as she sat he head on the grass. “I thought that would've helped me sort out these thoughts,” she said as she held her head between her front hooves.

“Um, sorry if I am interrupting something, but are you ok?” a soft voice asked from somewhere behind Pinkie. She raised her head and turned it to see who had spoken to her. Standing there in the shade of the tree, was a yellow pegasus mare not much older than Pinkie, with a long flowing pink mane and tail and a trio of pink butterflies for a cutie mark. Pinkie looked at the pegasus for a moment before turning away from her.

“Why do you ask?” she said as she placed her head back onto the grass between her front hooves and stared off into the distance.

“It's just that, to me, you seem to be depressed over something,” the pegasus said as she walked around to Pinkie's front and sat down. “I mean, it seems that way with all the sighing and the grabbing of your head and the lying about in the shade. It just seems...”

“Is it really that visible?”

“Why don't you tell me about it?”

“Um, I'm sorry,” Pinkie said as she raised her head and looked the pegasus in her eyes. “I don't mean to be rude and all, but why would I tell what's haunting me to somepony I don't even know?”

“Oh, I'm sorry. My name is Fluttershy,” the pegasus said, introducing herself.

“And I am Pinkie Pie. But you can just call me Pinkie. So why should I tell you my thoughts?”

“Because it is always a good idea to get whatever is troubling you off your chest. At least that's what the Professor always told me. And it always helped me. And I'm a good listener if that helps.”

Pinkie took a long look at Fluttershy. There was something about the yellow pegasus that made Pinkie want to tell her, to be held by her and comforted. Pinkie sighed. “Ok, you win, Fluttershy. Maybe spilling my mind to somepony who doesn't know me personally will help to sort my mind out.” Pinkie took a deep breath and prepared herself for her own thoughts.

“I guess I should start somewhere near the beginning,” Pinkie said. “My life hasn't really been what you would call normal for some time. My mother and father were scientists of some fame, and they had hopes that me and my two sisters would follow in their footsteps. But, unlike my sisters, I had no aptitude for the science stuff. I just couldn't seem to concentrate on it for any length of time, every time I tried, I got distracted by other things. So I decided to go on a journey of self discovery and was gone for the next six years of my life. But, during that time, something happened that destroyed my family. I can't go into too much detail as I wasn't there when it happened, and for the fact that it is a colony secret, but my sisters did something at the colony, something bad from everything I've heard of, and fled to Equestria. Before they fled, there was an altercation with the colony police and my mother was killed. Then to top off this already bad situation, my sisters were labeled traitors and my father was found guilty of being an accomplice and sentenced to a cryogenic state.” As Pinkie recounted her sad tale, her mane deflated, much to Fluttershy's distress.

“My life from there was horrid,” Pinkie continued. “I was treated as a pariah, an outcast. Shunned by those my family had called friends as the daughter of a traitor. I was angry at everyone. The colony, my family, myself for not being there when I could have done something. The only one who stood by me was Twilight, but even with her there, it still wore heavily on me. So when the colony heads approached with a chance for me to not only pursue after my sisters, but to have all the charges placed on my family and father dropped, I agreed to it without a second thought. At the time, I didn't even care for the conditions that the agreement had.”

“Turned out that the conditions were for me to become the pony suit pilot for the colony. It was all good at the beginning when I first touched down. I was enthusiastic to get started searching for my sisters and getting to the bottom of everything. And so, here I am now, after weeks of chasing after every little lead and fighting any pilot who got in my way. And it's all wearing on me. I don't know how much longer I can handle all the fighting, all the chasing, all the searching. I don't even know what I'm gonna do if I ever manage to find my sisters. I just set out without thinking things even that far in advance. Now I'm just tired of it all and I don't know what to do!” Tears began to form in the corners of Pinkie's eyes as she looked away from Fluttershy. “I'm sorry about this.”

“You have nothing to be sorry for, Pinkie,” Fluttershy said as she placed a reassuring hoof on her shoulder. “It is only natural for someone in your situation to end up with this kind of crisis. What is important though, is how you manage it.”

“What do you mean by that?” Pinkie said as she wiped away the tears from her eyes.

“Are you just going to abandon all that you have done so far over this, or are you going to press forward and continue on as long as you have at least some chance of success?”

“I just don't know anymore...”

“Are you just going to give up on your dreams!” Fluttershy shouted and startled Pinkie out of her thoughts as it was such a contrast to how she had been moments before, a quiet, meek looking pegasus. “Going to just slink back to the home where everypony hates you with your tail between your legs and hide from yourself? What would your friend, Twilight, think if she saw you like that? What would your family think?”

Those words struck Pinkie with the force of an attack from her own Shining Pony suit. Her thoughts traveled to her best friend, Twilight, who said that she would be there for Pinkie if she ever needed a shoulder to lean on and an ear to listen. Her thoughts traveled to those she had befriended over her travels so far as well. Of Applejack, arrested for following her truths and forced to fight in the tournament, but pressing forwards anyways for the sake of her home and family. Of Rainbow Dash, whose never wavering dedication to her home city presses for her to be the best, and whose past makes her try even harder for those who've fallen to misfortune. Of Rarity, who fights to uphold the dignity of her family and all of what Manehatten was. All of them were fighting desperately for their dreams and she knew that they wouldn't give up on them easily. Finally, Pinkie's mind brought her to thoughts of her family. How would they have reacted to the way she was acting if she just abandoned her hopes and dreams of clearing the family name.

“I don't want to give up,” she said finally. “I can't give up. But, I don't know what to do next. How do I go on if there is the chance that these thoughts will just return later?”

Fluttershy looked at Pinkie as she asked that question with a small smile on her face. That was the same question she had asked herself so long ago, back when she was in the same kind of situation that Pinkie was in. “You've already found your answer. The love you show for your friends and family must be very strong indeed. Use those memories when you find it hard to go forward.”

“Fluttershy,” Pinkie said as she grabbed the pegasus into a big hug as tears flowed freely down her cheeks. “Thank you. Thank you so much. I'm not very good at expressing myself to others, and I don't know what would have happened to me if it weren't for for you.”

“There there,” Fluttershy said as she patted Pinkie's back. “You're a big, strong pony suit pilot; should you be crying like that?”

Pinkie let go of Fluttershy and wiped the tears from her eyes again. “You're right, no more crying. I must be strong, for everypony.”

At that moment, Pinkie's communicator chimed up, throwing off the mood between the two ponies. “Pinkie, hey, Pinkie. You there?” Twilight's voice said.

“Yes, Twilight,” Pinkie responded softly as she turned away from Fluttershy. “What is it?”

“I'm sorry to tell you, but when I asked the colony heads, they consulted their records of enterings and leavings and it turns out your sisters nor anypony who looked like your sisters came to the city.”

“That's ok.”

“Uh, you sure?”

“Yeah, we'll find them soon, I just know it. I just gotta keep a positive attitude about it. Now is there anything else I need to know?”

“Ah yes. I got a message from Ponyville. They want us to come to the town for an event or something. Something about showing the ponies of Ponyville their colony representative.”

“Ok, I'll see you soon.” Pinkie cut off the communicator and turned back to face Fluttershy. “I've gotta get going, but I hope that we'll meet again somewhere down the line.”

“I'm sure we will,” Fluttershy said as Pinkie turned and ran off. “But I fear that next time we'll meet on opposite sides of the battlefield.” A pair of goats approached her as she watched Pinkie vanish into the crowds of the city. “I was told that I had the rest of the day off,” she said as she turned to face the two goats.

“The Professor who said,” one of the goats said. “Not boss Iron Will.”

“Iron Will says that it is time for you to begin your training regiment,” the other goat said.

Fluttershy sighed as she looked at the pair of goats. She didn't particularly like the new addition to the Las Pegasus team, but she had no say in the matter. It was all up to the colony heads and whatever they said went. “Lead on then.”