• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 2,589 Views, 82 Comments

Mobile Fighter G-Pony - Raryn



Ponies piloting giant pony mechs in a fighting tournament for the right to rule Equestria!

  • ...
1
 82
 2,589

Episode 4: Diamonds are Forever

“Greetings and salutations, everypony,” MR said as the familiar spotlight shone down the suited pony sitting on his stool. “I would like, if I may, to take some time to describe, with some detail, what exactly a pony suit is.” Another spotlight shone down next to MR, illuminating several posters on a stand. The first poster showed a picture of the Shining Pony suit of Neo-Ponyville. “What we have here on this poster, is a mobile pony suit, originally developed to be a weapon of war and later turned into a device for one-on-one combat for the Pony Fight Tournament. Now, what makes these suits different from a normal everyday robot or the like is the material it is made of.”

MR pulled the first poster off the stand, revealing the next. This one had a picture of a rock on it. “During the planning stage for the colonies, the scientists and engineers were looking for a type of material that could withstand the harshness of space. They soon discovered this,” MR pointed to the poster, “a new mineral they named ‘ponium,’ which held all the properties they were looking for; it held strong to extreme heat and extreme cold, it was very durable, and once shaped by magic, its shape could not be changed. Once the colonies were launched and the ideas for the mobile pony suits came about, they decided to make use of this strong mineral as the base for its structure as well as the reactors that power the suits.”

Once again, MR pulled off the poster to show the next one; this one with a representation of a type of engine. “Now, the standard pony suit uses a standard magical reactor engine made of ponium. The magic is contained within the confines of the unchangeable engine and is distributed to the limbs and various systems of the pony suits. That being said, this is the standard type of engine. Several of the colonies invested in creating their own engines to better complement the type of suit they were making such as Neo-Hoofington’s experimental engine that supplied much more power to its weapons systems then the normal, or such as the Neo-Sweet Apple Acres’ reactor that runs solely off of organic material such as apples in their case.”

MR pulled free this poster and revealed the next, showing a diagram of a pony suit cockpit. “Now after showing what the pony suit is made of and how it is powered, you must be wondering how they are piloted. The suits use a sophisticated neural interface system called the mobile trace system. The mobile trace system places the pilot into a skintight suit with transmitters which in turn imparts the moves of the pilot directly to the pony suit allowing for the pilot to directly control the suit in any situation. Though, this places a lot of stress onto the pilot’s body and requires extreme training to use meaning that the pilots themselves must be at the top of physical shape which in turn leads to more interesting fights.”

MR removed the poster and revealed the final one, showing various different types of suits. “As a last thought, the pony suit is a general term for the suits. They are not solely restricted to be pony shaped. In fact, there is some variance in suit design even within the pony society. There is the standard earth pony design, but there is also the less common designs for the pegasus and unicorn model. These are less used as that the suits are far too heavy for sustained flight by mechanical wings and that engineers have yet to find an active way to let unicorn pilots use their magic in relation to the suits. Now as I said, the suits themselves need not be pony shaped. In fact, there are several races, such as the buffalo, griffons, and diamond dogs, who regularly participate in the tournament in suits that resemble their own races.” The light faded away above the poster stand, letting it fade back into the dark.

“Now onto business, today's Pony Fight match opponent is the representative of Neo-Manehatten, the ever famous and popular member of high society, Rarity, and her pony suit, the Jewel Pony.”

“Hey mister,” Pinkie Pie said, appearing out of the darkness. She pulled a picture out of a saddle bag and handed it again to MR. “Have you heard anything about these two yet?” The picture showed three ponies. One was Pinkie, standing there but with her hair straightened out, the other two were colored purple and gray with like hairstyles, her sisters, Inkie and Blinkie Pie.

“Hum,” MR said as he took the picture. “Yes, I do believe that this time I have. Somepony said that they saw one of them heading towards Manehatten.”

“Really‽ That's great news,” Pinkie said as she grabbed MR in a hug. “But I already knew that. That's why I'm already on my way there.”

“Just doing what I can to help, miss,” MR said as he handed back Pinkie's picture.

“Thanks,” she said as she vanished back into the darkness.

“Now, what this picture has to do with today’s battle, we’ll have to wait and see.” MR jumped off his stool and in one swift motion, pulled off both his suit and eye patch, revealing his bright pink shirt and bow tie and his perfectly normal working right eye. “Now, pony fight all set. Ready, Go!”


Mobile Fighter G-Pony Episode 4
Diamonds are Forever


Manehatten, the city of dreams - where the streets are paved with gold and there is an opportunity for fame and fortune around every corner and down every street and alleyway. Long considered to be not only the cultural capital of Equestria but also the scientific capital of Equestria. Home of the brightest minds as well as the most important figures of high society outside of the royal family. The city where the technology for the space colonies was developed. The city for which the first colony was launched. The city where the mobile pony suits were first created.

That was years ago before the great war and the tournament. In truth, like many of the others, the once great city of Manehatten had fallen and lost much of its former glory. Many of the buildings of its once glorious downtown skyline had fallen to varying states of disrepair, the streets were all cracked and pitted, and every now and then there were villages of the homeless and downtrodden, either squatting in the shells of abandoned buildings or weathering the elements in tents in large empty lots. Yet even in the face of this, high society still managed to persist in the parts of the city that were held in better repair. Several large mansions and gloriously built towers sat separated from the low end of the city by a large, well-kept empty park with large lake at its center.

At this large park stood two mobile pony suits. Though in truth, only one could be called a pony suit. That one was of the rarer unicorn models, pure white with armor modeled off of the dress of high society topped off with a large wide brimmed hat. The other was distinctly not a pony suit. This suit was of a vaguely canine shape, with elongated forelimbs ending in claws, a short, compact snout on its head, and a collar set with a large array of gemstones. The pilots of these two suits stood between them, working out the terms and conditions for their battle.

“I can't help but feel that this is some kind of attempt at petty revenge on your part, Rover,” a white unicorn mare with a curled purple mane and tail and a cutie mark of a trio of diamonds said to the opposing pilot, a large bipedal canine from the race of jewel hounds known as the diamond dogs. “Coming after me as your first opponent. I mean, I know that we have had our differences and quarrels and butted heads repeatedly over the years about the jewel trade, but was it really necessary to single me out for a fight.

Rover, the diamond dog pilot, brushed off he unicorn's words. “It's not like that at all,” he said, managing to keep in check his temper at the off handed insult. “Manehatten was just the first city we found a pilot in.”

“You mean to tell me that you found no one between the Jeweled Hills and here? Quite frankly, I find that hard to believe.”

“But it is true,” Rover said, pointing back to his suit. “The Diamond Dog here got its final tune up and calibration after the tournament started. So we were a little late to start.”

“You sure it does not have something to do with that harebrained kidnapping ploy your kind pulled off at the trade meeting last year?” she retorted. “You remember that day don't you? Where you personally failed spectacularly to keep little old me captive? Where I managed to turn that kidnapping attempt into a linchpin that made you cede to our terms for the business of the jewel trade?”

“BE QUIET PONY!” Rover shouted at her as he lost his composure at being reminded about that extremely embarrassing ordeal. It had not been his fault that the whole idea had fallen onto his shoulders from his superiors, and that they had had no problem placing all the blame for it on him either. The unicorn shot him a hard look and he instantly regained his composure. “I mean, I beg your pardon, Miss Rarity.”

“That's better,” the unicorn, Rarity said. “Well, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt in this situation, Rover. I do not believe that you are here for something as petty as a revenge plan. So, as representative to Neo-Manehatten, and the pilot of the Jewel Pony, I don't see any reason why I should dismiss your challenge to a fight.”

“Good,” Rover said as he held out one of his hands in an attempt at civility. When Rarity did not move to accept his outstretched hand, he remembered that ponies did not have hands and retracted it before turning and heading to the Diamond Dog and initiating its start up sequence. Rarity stood still for a moment and stared at the dog suit, her mind working through the best ways to go about fighting such a vastly different suit from her own pony suit. Once she believed that she had a workable plan, she too turned and entered the Jewel Pony, beginning its start up sequence.


“Pinkie, you sure this is a good idea?” Twilight said to Pinkie through the Shining Pony’s com link. “I mean, I know that you got a lead from the pilot of Neo-Cloudsdale, but that does not mean that all the pilots will have a lead. Remember Trixie and Applejack? Also, I think this could still be seen as breaking one of the tournament regulations. You listening Pinkie, this could be seen as tainting Ponyville’s honor and disrupting a one-on-one fight.”

“Don’t worry, Twilight,” Pinkie replied as she watched the scene between the two pilots play out above the water. “I’ve got my timing down and I’ll be able to get in before the fight starts. I’m sure that I can make it so that the Neo-Manehatten pilot challenges me instead of the dog suit’s pilot. And once that happens, I'll have a battle with their pilot, then the fight will come to an end in a spectacular way, then we'll become friends, and I will find a new lead!”

“I still don’t like this plan, Pinkie. Also, where exactly are you?”

“Oh, I’m hiding in the lake,” Pinkie said. “Gotta go, Twi, they’re getting into their suits.”

“Pinkie, wait a—” Twilight started as Pinkie shut off the com link and readied the Shining Pony.


“Young miss,” an old gray unicorn stallion with a short cropped mane and tail and wearing a black suit said. “Do be careful. We don't want you falling off the balcony, again.”

“Oh don't worry, Raymond,” a young white unicorn filly with a curly pink and purple mane and tail and dressed up in a simple but elegant light green dress said as she tried to hoist herself up to the railing of the balcony. “You know how Rarity gets when she wants me to look sophisticated. I can hardly move in this thing, so there is no way I'd be able to climb onto the railing. This time she was all like 'Sweetie Belle, you need to look and act more like you are a pony of the Manehatten elite and less like the common pony.' Ugh, I wish she would try to be a little less prim and proper sometimes.”

“Of course, young miss,” Raymond said and gazed over to the Manehatten park. “I do believe that your sister's fight is about to begin.”

“Really‽” Sweetie Belle said as she tried to pull herself up to the balcony railing again. Failing that, Raymond produced a suitable stool for her to stand on to see over the railing. “Thank you, Raymond,” she said as she turned her attention to the two suits in the park, the Jewel Pony and the Diamond Dog. “You can do it sis!”


Rover sat and watched Rarity staring at the Diamond Dog suit as it finished its start-up sequence. After a moment, Rarity turned away and entered her own suit. Rover watched as the Jewel Pony began its own start-up sequence and began to formulate his own plan for the fight. The more he thought on it, the more his nerves began to fray.

“Worthless pony,” he spat. “Dares to mock me. Dares to insult me! Dares to make it seem that the diamond dogs are prone to fits of vengeance! Well, if she wants vengeful, I'll show here vengeful. I'll show here vengeful!”

“Oh, Rover,” Rarity said with a light musical tone as a video link popped up on the interface screen of the Diamond Dog's cock pit, startling Rover out of triad. “I do so hope that I am not interrupting some form of pre-battle screaming ritual of yours, but I am ready to start this fight whenever you are.”

“Oh, oh yes,”Rover said as he recomposed himself. “Whenever you're ready to go then.”

“Ok,” Rarity said as the video cut out and her voice echoed directly from the Jewel Pony suit. “Pony fight match all set!”

Before Rover could respond to the signal thrown by Rarity, a blast shook the air as a geyser of water burst from the lake and the Shining Pony jumped free of the water. “Ready, GO!” Pinkie's voice resounded as the Shining Pony landed between the Jewel Pony and the Diamond Dog. “Rarity, pilot of the Jewel Pony and representative of Neo-Manehatten; I, Pinkie Pie, pilot of the Shining Pony, challenge you to a pony fight match!”

“Huh?” Rarity said, dumbfounded at the recent turn of events. “What?”

“I said I challenge you, Rarity!” Pinkie shouted.

“NO!” Rover shouted. “NO! This is my fight, pony! You stay out of this!”

“I'm sorry, pilot of the Diamond Dog, but could ya please leave. This is between me and Rarity. It doesn't concern you at all.”

“NO! I am sick and tired of being ordered around! I am sick of ponies telling me what to do! This is my fight and I will get rid of you!” The Diamond Dog launched itself straight towards the Shining Pony, clawed limbs fully extended with the intent to rend it limb from limb.

“A pity,” Pinkie said as the Shining Pony dodged between the outstretched arms of the Diamond Dog and slammed into its chest, halting its charge. “You should have just left when I told you too,” Pinkie said as the Shining Pony pulled free a beam saber handle from its shoulder holster and held it to the Diamond Dog's head unit. “If you had, then you would still have had a chance at winning the tournament.” The beam saber activated, sending a the beam blade through the Diamond Dog's head unit, destroying it. The beam retracted and the Shining Pony replaced the beam saber back into its holster and turned to face the Jewel Pony.

“So, as I said, I challenge you to a pony fight match!” Pinkie shouted as the Shining Pony stood on its hind legs and pointed dramatically at the Jewel Pony.

“What‽” Rarity said again.

“I said I challenge—” Pinkie began before she was cut off by Rarity.

“How dare you!”

“What?” It was Pinkie's turn to be dumbfounded at the turn of events. “How dare I what?”

“How dare you interject yourself into a fight that does not concern you in the slightest. How dare you attack someone's opponent like that. How dare you demand a match in such a way!”

“But—”

“No buts! Look what you did to poor Rover,” Rarity said as the Jewel Pony motioned to the immobile Diamond Dog suit missing its head. “Not that he stood a chance against someone of my prowess and fame, but it was still my duty to fight him.”

“So that means no fight?” Pinkie asked.

“Why would I ever even deem it worth my while to fight someone such as yourself. Someone who obviously has no sense of manners nor proper sense. I mean, where were you brought up? Under a rock? On a farm? On a rock farm?” Rarity ranted with an ever increasing haughtiness to her voice. “That would explain things. I'm sure that it is the fault of your parents here. They probably never thought it wise to teach you manners fit for somepony in the position of a colony representative and tournament pilot.”

“Don't talk about my parents like that!” Pinkie shouted as the Shining Pony charged forward at the Jewel Pony with reckless abandon, all traces of strategy and planning lost. The Jewel Pony dodged the charge and deftly backed further and further away from the Shining Pony.

“I do believe that it is time for me to leave,” Rarity said. “I bid you adieu.”

“Wait!” Pinkie shouted as the Jewel Pony bounded away. As the Shining Pony began to chase after the fleeing pony suit, a trio of blows struck one of the Shining Pony's hind legs, throwing it to the ground. Pinkie gazed at the limb and saw that there were three holes bored right through the limb, with one of the holes still housing whatever caused the attack, a large pointed gemstone. Pinkie turned her gaze back to the direction of the Jewel Pony. “Twilight,” she said as she established a com link. “My plan failed. And the Shining Pony got damaged.”

“I told you I didn't like the plan,” Twilight replied with a sigh. “Don't worry, I'll call for transport for the Shining Pony. I'll be there soon.”


As Sweetie Belle and Raymond watched on, a strange pony suit colored white, blue, and pink burst out of the lake in a large torrent of water and landed between the two other suits. “Is this supposed to happen, Raymond?” Sweetie Belle asked as the Diamond Dog rushed the new pony suit and ended up with a beam saber through its head. “Hey! That was my sister's opponent. You can't do that. Raymond, what's going on over there?”

“I'm not quite sure, young miss,” Raymond replied. “But I think that whoever is the pilot of the suit has made your sister rather angry.” Their attention was drawn back to the two pony suits as a loud shout echoed across the park. The intruding pony suit had thrown itself headlong towards the Jewel Pony who easily dodged away. As the intruding pony suit turned and charged again, it suddenly went crashing to the ground, allowing Rarity and the Jewel Pony to escape.

“What do you think that was all about?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“No idea,” Raymond replied as his communicator began to sound. He floated it out of his suit and held it to his ear and spoke quietly into it.

“But that was still a cool fight.”

“Young miss, I do believe it is time for us to be going. The fight is finished for all intents and purposes. Our ride will be here shortly to take us back to the manor.”


“You okay, Pinkie?” Twilight asked as she drove the core lander through the lower end of Manehatten. “I mean, after what happened back there.”

“I’m fine ,Twilight,” Pinkie replied as she stared out the passenger's window at the passing scenery, her bright pink poofy mane having darkened and straightened itself. “Just fine.”

“You sure? You don’t sound like your normal cheerful self. You know that I’m here for you if you ever need someone to spill out whatever’s on your mind.”

“I said I was fine!” Pinkie snapped as she turned to face Twilight. After a moment, she realized what she had said and turned back to stare out the window. “Sorry about that. I know you mean well, but this doesn't concern you.”

Twilight gave a sigh as she resigned herself to Pinkie’s silence on the question at hand and brought all of her attention to navigating the streets of Manehatten to the base they had established. After some time, they arrived at one of the many desolate an empty buildings of lower Manehatten. As they exited the core lander, the airship that had carried the incapacitated Shining Pony to the temporary base was just heading off, meaning that their pony suit was safe and sound inside. As the two of them entered the base, Twilight immediately set about getting a better look at the damage the Shining Pony had incurred during its altercation with the Jewel Pony.

“So what exactly did happen to cause this, Pinkie?” Twilight asked a she looked over the holes in the Shining Pony’s hind leg. “What managed to punch all the way through the leg armor? That is one of the most armored places on the entire suit, next to the chest. Well, whatever it was must have been pretty powerful.”

“I think it was some kind of proximity mine, made of large gemstones,” Pinkie said, her disposition and mane having regained some of its normal brightness and poofyness. “Didn't even notice when she had planted it.”

“Mines, definitely looks like it,” Twilight said as her horn glowed brightly while she had her head placed in one of the holes in the Shining Pony's leg. “And from the looks of the damage in here, not a normal one. There is an extensive amount of structural and wiring damage. My guess is that once it punches through the armor, it shattered, tearing apart everything inside.” Twilight pulled her head out of the hole and turned to face Pinkie. “But nothing that can't be fixed with a good dose of magic and ponium ore. Shouldn't take me more than a few hours to patch this up.”

“And that is why you are best mechanic, Twilight,” Pinkie said as she gazed up at the Shining Pony. “I guess I was a little too impulsive this time 'round. Got ya all hurt didn't I Shining Pony. But don't worry, next time we face off against that Rarity, I'll be ready for that mine trick of hers.”

“So, Pinkie, you going to tell me about what set you off during your little escapade and caused you to do a full out charge on the Neo-Manehatten pilot?”

“I said that didn't concern you,” Pinkie snapped back as her hair began to deflate again.

“It does concern me if it causes you and the Shining Pony to end up like you are now,” Twilight said firmly. “Something is definitely going on with you, and I want to know what it is before you end up destroying yourself, or your suit, or both.”

“But—”

“No buts, Pinkie! Don't make me use the tickle spell to force it out of you like the last time you tried to keep something that I should know from me.”

“Fine,” Pinkie said as she resigned herself to the fact that she had lost this argument. She still had bad dreams about Twilight's tickle spell. Twilight had used it on her once before, Pinkie had not known that laughter could become so painful. After that ordeal, Pinkie had asked Twilight where she had learned the spell and she had told her that it was used back during the great war on prisoners to get information out of them. “The pilot of the Jewel Pony, Rarity, she insulted my parents. I would have been fine if she had just kept it to being about me, what with her saying that I was unmannered and unsenseful, but she had the gall to make it seem like it was my parents fault that I was like that.”

“Pinkie—”

“No, Twilight!” Pinkie shouted. “Whatever you say will not change my mind on that. My parents were two of the greatest minds of Equestria. They worked on all the new technologies that the colony ponies take for granted on a daily basis. Her insulting my parents like that goes even further. Those insults insult my great great grandparents who managed to find the first source of ponium ore on their rock farm.”

“You can't keep beating yourself up over what happened to your parents,” Twilight said, trying to calm her friend down.

“Can't I! Do you know what it's like to be the daughter of someone who has been labeled a traitor to Equestria and the colonies‽ Well, do you‽” At Twilight's silence, Pinkie continued. “No you don't, Twilight. You have no idea what it was like for me. What it is still like for me now. Why do you think I took up the position of representative for Neo-Ponyville? To clear my parents names of their crimes!” With this, Pinkie turned and ran out of the base.

“Pinkie, wait!” Twilight called out, but it was too late, she was already gone. She shook her head and sighed. “Why must you insist on confronting your problems on your own. Why can't you let those around you help.” She sighed again and turned back to the Shining Pony. “Well, if you won't let me help with your problems, I can at least make it so that you can face them without your suit failing.” Her horn began to glow again as some tools and a few chunks of ponium ore floated over to one of the holes in the Shining Pony's leg as she began her repairs.


“Rarity! You said that you would take me on a trip into the city today,” Sweetie Belle said as she paced about her sister’s room in their family’s manor in uptown Manehatten. “You promised.”

“Sweetie Belle,” Rarity said as she used her magic to make a few alterations to an extremely fancy looking dress made out of a silken fabric. “I know that I said I would take you into the city, but something more important has come up. A grand party is being hosted tonight by the heads of the city for Prime Minister Fancypants. And I absolutely can not miss it. All the important ponies from the city will be there. All the important ponies of the colony will be there. As the representative for the colony and the city in the pony fight tournament, I simply must be in attendance.” Rarity let her magic fade and set down her dress and sewing equipment before turning to face Sweetie Belle. “I’m sorry, but we’ll just have to reschedule our little sisterly outing for another time.” Rarity turned her attention back to her dress. “And this thing simply won’t do for such an important event filled with such important company. Maybe if I change this here and add some more lace or ribbons.”

“But you’ve already rescheduled five times already!” Sweetie Belle said as he stopped pacing and faced her sister. “I don’t want a reschedule! I wanna go today!”

“Sweetie Belle, not now.”

“No! I’m tired of you putting high society above your family! Why can’t you reschedule your fancy party thing for another time instead‽”

“This is not something that can just be put off!” Rarity snapped back. “We are ponies of the upper Manehatten society. And as such, we must hold ourselves to a higher standard than the general rabble living in the downtown area.”

“If it means acting like you are right now,” Sweetie Belle said as she tried to keep tears from her eyes. “Then I would rather be from downtown, or better yet, not from Manehatten at all!”

“Watch what you say, Sweetie Belle. Our parents worked hard to raise our family from our humble origins to where it is today. You should not squander that gift.”

“Mom and dad aren’t here anymore!”

“All the more reason why we must uphold their legacy as high society Manehatten ponies!”

“You can keep your high society for yourself!” Sweetie Belle shouted as tears fell from her eyes. She turned and ran out of her sister’s room and didn’t stop running. Her hooves eventually brought her to the door to her family’s manor and she ran out and towards the city, alone.

“Miss?” Raymond said as he poked his head into Rarity’s room a short time after Sweetie Belle had stormed off. Rarity had resumed her work on her dress for the party. “I heard shouting; is everything alright?”

“Everything is fine, Raymond,” Rarity said, dismissing Raymond. After he had left, Rarity gazed out her window at the lower Manehatten skyline. “I’m sure everything will be just fine.”


Soon after Pinkie had stormed out of the Neo-Ponyville Manehatten base, she came to realize just how childish her actions towards Twilight had been. She was just trying to be helpful, just trying to give her a place to let out her fears, her doubts, and what had she done, she had taken what Twilight had offered and thrown it back into her face. Pinkie wanted to kick herself in the flank over it. Yet, even with that realized, she could not bring herself to return to the base and ask for forgiveness from Twilight. She sighed and resigned herself to her current situation and continued on her way into downtown Manehatten. As Pinkie came to an intersection, she was knocked off her hooves by a unicorn filly running headlong down the intersecting street.

“Wah!” both ponies cried out as they hit the ground in a tangle of hooves. After a few moments of rolling around, trying to sort things out, Pinkie managed to get back to her hooves and reached out a leg to the filly to help her up.

“Hey there,” Pinkie said as the filly reached out her own leg and Pinkie pulled her to her hooves. “Where ya off to in such a rush?”

“I'm sorry,” the filly replied, her head hanging low. “I wasn't watching where I was going. You're not hurt are you?”

“Eh, don't worry 'bout me, it takes a lot more then getting knocked off my hooves to hurt Pinkie Pie. By the way, that's my name, I'm Pinkie Pie. What's yours?”

“I'm... my name is Sweetie Belle,” the filly replied as she wiped some tears from her eyes. “And I must be going. There is still a lot to see in the city before night falls.”

“Hold on,” Pinkie said, stopping Sweetie Belle's retreat. “Is something the matter? Is it anything I can help with?”

“No, no, everything is fine, just fine.”

“Things don't sound fine to me, not from the way you're acting right now. You know, a good friend of mine said that it's always better to let things that are bothering you out instead of letting them be bottled up inside you. So how about you tell me all about what's troubling you? I'm sure there's a nice place somewhere around here to sit and talk, how's that sound?”

“I... I guess that sounds fine,” Sweetie Belle said.

“Alrighty then, on we go to find someplace to sit and talk. Oh, and how about some place that also serves food? Quite frankly, I'm famished. I haven't eaten anything at all yet today and I was doing all that stuff earlier and...”


“Here you go,” a unicorn waitress said as her horn glowed with magic and two plates floated down onto the table Pinkie and Sweetie Belle sat at. “A lettuce, tomato, and cucumber sandwich,” which was placed in front of Pinkie, “and a daisy and daffodil salad,” which was placed in front of Sweetie Belle, “enjoy your food.” With a smile, the waitress left the two ponies at the table alone.

“I'm sure we will,” Pinkie said as she brought her sandwich to her mouth and took a large bite from it. “Tasty.” She gazed across the table at Sweetie Belle. She was just sitting there, staring off into the distance, ignoring her salad. “Come on, Sweetie Belle, eat up. It'll make ya feel better.”

“Really?” Sweetie Belle asked.

“Oh, sure it does. Well, at least for me. It always makes me feel better when I'm down to eat something.” Pinkie took another big bite of her sandwich. “So, why don't you tell me why you were running around the streets of downtown Manehatten alone. You don't look like a pony who grew up on the streets.”

“I... I ran away from home,” Sweetie Belle replied. Pinkie gave a startled gasp at this then fell into a fit of coughing as part of her sandwich got stuck in her throat. She gave her chest a few thumps before coughing up the offending sandwich.

“Why would you do such a thing?” Pinkie said after she had taken a drink from her glass. “What about your family? They must be worried sick.”

“I doubt that.” Sweetie Belle puffed out her cheeks and pouted for a moment. “It's only me and my sister now anyways. And our butler, Raymond. Oh, he'll probably be worried about me running away from the manor. But sis is too worked up over her stupid high society thing to notice. Stupid Rarity, stupid high society.”

“So, sister problems is it, I can relate... wait, butler? Manor? Rarity?” Pinkie stopped talking for a moment as her thoughts made connections. “Your sister's Rarity, pony of Manehatten high society and the pilot for the Neo-Manehatten colony.”

“Yeah, and I wish she never said yes to those colony people who offered her the position. But she couldn’t refuse the offer. Did you know that she has been at the top of every single competition that Manehatten has held? Top at swimming, top at archery, top at running, at chess, gymnastics, spelling...”

“I think I get it, Sweetie Belle,” Pinkie said, trying to stop Sweetie Belle’s rant.

“It wasn’t always that bad though,” Sweetie Belle continued. “She used to be less focused on herself and used to hang out with me more often. But then the accident happened. We lost Mom and Dad.” Sweetie Belle paused for a moment to wipe away tears that had begun to drip from her eyes. “After that, Rarity changed. She took over our family’s business in the jewel trade and she pushed herself more and more to be a... a... something of high society. She began to ignore me more and more, and I hate her for that, but I still love her. She's the only family I have left.”

“Sweetie Belle,” Pinkie said as she moved to the other side of the table and pulled the troubled filly into a big hug. “I know how you're feeling right now. Trust me, I really do. And it's because I understand that I know that your sister is doing what she is doing for your sake.”

“What do you mean by that?”

“I mean that she's upholding the air of high society for you. Ponies are cruel to those families who have fallen in some way. Just think of how you and your sister would've been ostracized by those who you call friends. It's not something that any pony should have to face.”

“How do you know these things?” Sweetie Belle asked before abandoning the thought as she noticed that Pinkie's mane and tail had begun to straighten. She gave the pink pony a big hug in return that seemed to raise her spirits a bit.

“Thanks, I needed that,” Pinkie said as she pulled away from the hug. “Now, how about we go and give your sister a good stern talking to?”

“Yeah,” Sweetie Belle replied and jumped to her hooves. “I'm going to go and tell Rarity just how I feel!”


“How dare that pony do that to the Diamond Dog!” the Diamond Dog suit's pilot, Rover ranted as he and two fellow diamond dogs walked along the streets of downtown Manehatten. “How dare that pony take my fight away from me!”

“We know boss,” one of the other two diamond dogs, a short one that barely came up to Rover's waist, said. “You keep saying it over and over and it is driving me crazy. It is almost as bad as pony whining. And you know how bad that is.”

“Fido, you take that back! I am not as bad as the ponies! Right, Spot?” Rover addressed this question to the third diamond dog, a large, brutish looking one.

“Just a little,” Spot replied as he held two of his fingers close together.

“Gya! Why do I even have you two with me!”

The three diamond dogs continued on their way through Manehatten and eventually passed by a little roadside cafe.

“Now, how about we go and give your sister a good stern talking to?”

“Yeah, I'm going to go and tell Rarity just how I feel!”

“I know that voice.” Rover stopped walking and turned towards the cafe. Standing there was a white unicorn filly who had just stated that she was the sister of the terrible Rarity and a pink pony whose voice he remembered coming from the Shining Pony suit who seemed to be watching over her for the moment. The gears in Rovers brain began to quickly turn as a plan bloomed. He grabbed the arms of his fellow diamond dogs, halting their movement. “Fido, see that white unicorn over there.”

“Yes, boss,” Fido replied. “What about her?”

“Me and the big guy will distract her guardian, I have a bit of unfinished business with that one. While she's distracted, you grab the white one and return to base.”

“And why are we doing this?”

“She is the sister of Rarity. I intend to get my revenge on that horrid pony. Now get to it! Come on Spot, let's do this.”


“Well, let's get going, Sweetie Belle,” Pinkie said as she left some money on the table for the food and a tip for the waitress, and walked out of the cafe only to be stopped by a pair diamond dogs.

“Hello pilot of the Shining Pony,” one said. “I have some unfinished business with you.”

“Hey, aren't you that mean old pilot of the Diamond Dog, Rover.”

“Yes, Spot, get her!” The large diamond dog charged towards Pinkie and swiped at her with his large arms. Pinkie deftly dodged the swipes and jumped over him when he tried to grab her with both arm. As Pinkie landed, Rover through a flurry of punches which pushed Pinkie away from the cafe as she dodged them.

“Hey, can't we talk this over?” Pinkie said as she dodged the attacks. Rover's response was to attack more fiercely, throwing punches and kicks as Spot again joined the fray with heavy swings of his massive paws. The two diamond dogs attempted to perform a pincer maneuver, each attacking from a different direction. Spot threw another heavy attack, Pinkie dodged inside the attack and delivered a sweep too his legs and sent him skidding along the ground. Rover then attempted a grab for Pinkie's pink mane but missed as she dodged to the side, overbalancing himself. Rover caught himself as he placed his hands on the ground and swung himself around and delivered a kick towards Pinkie as she recovered from her dodge. Pinkie had not expected such an attack and braced herself for it by raising her forelegs up in a guard. The attack connected and sent her skidding back a few feet.

“Hah! That all you got?” Pinkie said as she heard Sweetie Belle cry out in distress. She turned her head in the direction of the cry and saw that Sweetie Belle had been tied up and captured by a third diamond dog, much smaller than the other two. The diamond dog proceeded to run off with his captive. As Pinkie turned to give chase, Spot wrapped his arms around her, pinning her legs to her body.

“Got you, pony,” he said as he lifted her off the round. Rover approached Pinkie and brought his face close to hers.

“No, no, pony,” Rover said with a laugh. “No chasing after Fido and our hostage. No, you are to get and get that detestable Manehatten pilot and bring her and yourself to the old sports stadium .”

“And why should I do what you say,” Pinkie growled.

“You don't want anything bad to happen to the small pony now do you?” At that, Pinkie's eyes went wide with horror. “I see, then you will do what I say. Good. Now you will let me and Spot leave peacefully. Spot, let her down. We're leaving.” Spot unceremoniously dropped Pinkie to the ground and turned to follow his boss as he strode off in the direction Fido had ran off.

Pinkie watched as the two diamond dogs ran off and once they were out of view ran as fast as she could back to the Neo-Ponyville base.


“Pinkie! You're back,” Twilight said as Pinkie charged into the base and grabbed her shoulders with both her front hooves.

“Oh, Twilight, it's horrible! Just horrible!” Pinkie said as she shook Twilight back and forth. “And there was nothing that I could do about it. Oh I feel so ashamed at myself for that.”

“Pinkie... stop... shaking... me!” Twilight said. At that Pinkie let go of Twilight and took a step back from her.

“I'm sorry, I'm sorry,” she apologized. “I'm sorry about what happened earlier, I know I was wrong but something else has happened and I need your help!”

“Ok, calm down and tell me what's going on.”

Pinkie stopped her apologies and took a deep breath. “Well, after I ran out, I realized how badly I'd acted and thought about what you 'd said and then I realized that you were just trying to give me support when I was in a bad place but I just hadn't realized it at the moment. With that, I just couldn't come back into the base and say I was sorry because it wouldn't have helped at all because it would have seemed that not enough time had passed for me to think over all my thoughts on that. So, I decided to go and wander around the city to set my mind more at ease. There, I ran into a young unicorn named Sweetie Belle running the streets in tears who I then took to a nice little cafe that I found and, over food, I found out that she was the sister of Rarity, the Neo-Manehatten pilot, and that she'd ran away from home and I helped her realize that what she did wasn't the right thing to do. Then, as we decided to go and take the conversation directly to Rarity, that diamond dog from earlier showed up with some lackeys and started a fight with me. Then, I got caught by one of them and then one of the lackeys ran off after capturing Sweetie Belle and then they told me to find Rarity and bring her to the old stadium. Then, I was forced to let the others flee because they threatened Sweetie Belle and so I came back here to talk to you and to figure out what I should do!”

“Ok, let me get this straight,” Twilight said after Pinkie had stopped ranting. “The sister of this city's pony suit pilot got captured; and they want you to find Rarity and bring her to the old Manehatten stadium for some reason in order to stop the hostage situation?”

“Yeah.”

“So, then what do you need help with?” Twilight asked.

“I need your help in finding where Rarity is,” Pinkie replied. “Sweetie Belle said something about a big high society party event thing happening tonight.”

“Uh huh, big high society thing.” Twilight went over to a computer terminal and began pushing some buttons. A few moments later, the terminal chimed as the requested data popped up. “Here we go, 'Prime Minister of Neo-Manehatten, Fancypants's welcome to Manehatten city' party'. It's being held at the manor of the mayor of Manehatten, one Mr. Bloomberg.” Twilight walked away from the terminal and back to Pinkie. “In other words, it's the largest house in uptown Manehatten. So was there anything else you needed?”

“Um... are the repairs to the Shining Pony completed?”

“Yeah, everything is up and running. You're not expecting a fight with these diamond dogs are you?”

“I hope not,” Pinkie said as she looked at the Shining Pony. “But if it comes to that, then I'll have no choice.” She returned her gaze to Twilight. There was a strange hardness that Twilight was not used to seeing in them. “Twilight, I may need your help in this coming meeting.”

“You think it will be that bad?”

“I have no idea. But Rover, the head diamond dog, seemed to have something against Rarity. And me doing what I did earlier also put me on that list in his eyes. I have no idea what he has planned for us.”

“Pinkie,” Twilight said as she placed a hoof on Pinkie's shoulder. “Please be careful.”

“Always, Twilight,” Pinkie replied as she placed a hoof on Twilight's. “Always.” As Twilight brought her hoof back to the ground, Pinkie turned and left to find Rarity.


The party for Fancypants was in full swing as Rarity was announced to the rest of the guests by a herald. As she entered, she was mobbed by a group of high society ponies who wanted to learn of the life of their city's pony suit pilot. They surrounded Rarity and began to bombard her with questions.

“What's it like? All that fighting I mean.”

“How did you become a pilot?”

“How do you find to come to these things my dear?”

“Where did you get that dress? It is absolutely stunning.”

“Would you like to meet my son? I'm sure the two of you would hit it off great.”

Overwhelmed by the questions, Rarity didn't know what to do. She began to back away from the group asking questions and backed up right into another pony.

“Oh, I beg your pardon,” she said as the pony she had bumped into turned and faced her. He was a white unicorn stallion with a regal blue mane, tail, and thin mustache on his upper lip. He wore a well tailored black tuxedo that cut off on his flank just before his cutie mark, a trio of golden crowns as well as a monocle over his left eye. “P-P-Prime Minister Fancypants.”

“Ah, no problem my dear. No harm done,” the Prime Minister said. “And as a matter of fact, I was just about to search for you. Come, walk with me, we have much to discuss.” As he left with Rarity in tow, the rest of the guests stared dumbfounded at the scene, their minds working to make sense of it.

Fancypants led Rarity out of the ballroom and out onto a balcony that overlooked Manehatten. While Rarity continued to the balcony railing, Fancypants turned and shut the balcony door to make sure that their conversation would not be overheard by anypony.

“How have you been holding up, Rarity,” he said as he walked over to the balcony and stopped next to Rarity. “I know all this must be hard for you.”

“Oh, you know,” Rarity replied solemnly. “It's getting harder to keep up with everything. I don't think I can keep this up for much longer. The high society, the pony fight tournament, Sweetie Belle; I just feel like it's only a matter of time before everything starts falling apart. You know I am grateful for all the help you have given my family since, you know, the accident.”

“I know, and on the subject of your sister, where is she? I thought I extended an invitation for the party to both of you?”

“Sweetie Belle ran away earlier today, before I could tell her that she was also invited to the party. It really is my fault though. I have been ignoring her more often since the tournament started with all the fights and the parties where the ponies of Manehatten want their city's pilot as a guest of honor. And I should have seen what she was going through, but I was too blinded to see it! And now I don't know where she is or what to do about it.”

“What did I tell you about your priorities?” Fancypants said as he placed a leg on her shoulder. “Family is the one thing that you can not replace once it is lost.”

“I seemed to have forgotten that,” Rarity said and let out a deep sigh. “What am I even doing here? I should be out searching for Sweetie Belle.”

“Then you should get going. Don't worry about the other guests, I'll handle them.”

Then there came a knock at the balcony door. Fancypants and Rarity turned to see a guard waiting anxiously.

“Mr. Prime Minister,” the guard said. “I'm sorry to intrude, but there is a pony making a ruckus at the front door. She is demanding to see Miss Rarity and is very adamant about it.”

“I should go and see what this is all about,” Rarity said. “Excuse me, Prime Minister Fancypants.” Rarity followed the guard to the source of the commotion.


“Let me in!” Pinkie shouted at one of the guard ponies that stood outside the Mayor's manor's front door. “Rarity is in there, I'm sure of it. I need to talk to her immediately!”

“What is all this commotion?” Rarity asked as the door opened and she stepped out of the manor and laid her eyes on Pinkie. “Oh, it is you. That ruffian pilot of that detestable Shining Pony suit. What are you here for, to challenge me to another fight?” Pinkie took this in, then strode up to Rarity and smacked her across the cheek with a hoof.

“What did you do that for‽”

“That was for your sister,” Pinkie replied. “How dare you do that to her!”

“What do you know about my sister‽”

“I know enough to wonder if you do truly love her. And after I said all that stuff to her about you being worried about her, here you are, looking like you are having the time of your life!”

“How dare you speak to me that way!” Rarity shouted. “You know nothing about me. How you dare make judgments!”

“Then why aren't you out searching for your sister!” Pinkie shouted back. “If I was in your shoes I would not allow myself to do anything else until I knew she was safe.” Rarity was taken aback by Pinkie's shout, it was as if she knew this kind of situation first hand. “Look, I don't care what you think of me, but I was with your sister after you two had your little incident. We were attacked by a trio of diamond dogs, one of which was the pilot of the Diamond Dog. They kidnapped your sister.”

“What!” Rarity shouted out. “How did this happen! Where are they keeping her!”

“They ambushed me at a cafe that I took your sister to to calm her down. There were three of them, two attacked me and while I was busy with them, the third one captured her and ran off. I couldn't chase after them. They threatened to do something bad to her if I didn't get you. They told me to bring you to the Manehatten stadium. We need to get going.”

“You're right, Pinkie Pie, was it?” Rarity asked as Pinkie shook her head in agreement. “We must head to the old stadium post haste.”


“Ok, Rover!” Pinkie shouted into the darkness the permeated the stands of the old Manehatten stadium. “I'm here, and so is Rarity. Now show yourself!”

“So you are, pony,” Rover's voice echoed out from the darkness. Bright lights flared on as a large video screen turned on, showing the face of Rover, blinding the two ponies for a few moments as their eyes adjusted to the light. There, standing up on top of the video screen, where the three diamond dogs and Sweetie Belle. “Aha ha, welcome, ponies.”

“Rover, what is the meaning of all this!” Rarity shouted out to the diamond dog pilot. “Why did you kidnap Sweetie Belle? Why are we here?”

“Yeah, that,” Pinkie chimed in.

“Well, let's see,” Rover said as he rubbed his chin with one of his large clawed hands. “Yes, that's it. That will solve both problems.”

“What are you talking about, Rover?” Rarity asked.

“Yes, you two will fight now. Summon your suits and fight!”

“And if we refuse?” Pinkie asked.

“You want something bad to happen to the little one?” Rover said as he motioned to Sweetie Belle, still tied up and flanked by the other two diamond dogs.

“We have no choice then,” Rarity said as she turned to face Pinkie.

“Seems like it,” Pinkie replied.

“LET'S GO, JEWEL PONY!”

“RISE, SHINING PONY!”


Back at the Neo-Ponyville Manehatten base, Twilight was busy going over a few last minute system checks on the Shining Pony. “Pinkie, I really hope you manage to resolve this situation peacefully,” she said as she typed away at her computer terminal.

As if spurred on by her thought, the Shining Pony activated and quickly leapt out of the base through the roof opening.

“Me and my big mouth.”


The two pony suit pilots had entered their suits and initiated their start-up sequences as Rover stood watch, his gaze on the video screen cold and calculating while his mouth drew up in a large grin. Soon he would be rid of two big problems. “Heh heh, have at it ponies, fight, fight for the sake of the young one!”

“You just have to bear it, Rarity,” Pinkie said as a video feed popped up in the cockpit of the Jewel Pony. “Remember who you are doing this for.”

“I know that, Pinkie,” Rarity said. “But that does not mean that I have to like it. But, if it will save my sister, we have no choice.”

The two pony suits charged at each other and as they drew near, both veered off in opposite directions. The Shining Pony spun around and began to fire at the Jewel Pony from its head mounted vulcan machineguns. As the Jewel Pony dodged too and fro, avoiding the Shining Pony's attacks, hatches in the bottom of the Jewel Pony's hooves started depositing jewel mines into the ground with each step it took.

Pinkie let out a roar as she sent the Shining Pony charging again towards the Jewel Pony, dodging as the mines it had lain began to pop out of the ground as the Shining Pony passed over them. The Shining Pony jumped into the air and attempted to tackle the Jewel Pony, but the Jewel Pony deftly dodged to the side and delivered a strong kick to its side sending it reeling away.

As the two suits fought, Rover was laughing hysterically atop the video screen.

The Shining Pony recovered from the Jewel Pony's attack and staggered to its hooves. “Ok Rarity, time to test out the new and improved Pinkie Cannon Mk. II!” The side panel of the Shining Pony opened up and revealed a large cannon. As Pinkie took aim, the Jewel Pony began to jump and move all across the stadium floor to try and throw off her targeting. “Nice try, but that won't work with this one.” The cannon fired a large laser blast at the ground of the stadium, throwing up a large cloud of dirt and dust, blinding both pilots as well as not allowing Rover or the other diamond dogs to see what was going on.

“Rarity, you hear me?” Pinkie said as the Shining Pony retracted its cannon.

“Yes,” Rarity replied. “What is it? You have a plan to deal with everything?”

“As a matter of fact, I do. But you’re going to have to trust me on this.”

After a moment of contemplating, Rarity replied, “I trust you.”

“Ok, I need you to attack me with your strongest attack, aim for the side of the Shining Pony. I'll do the same, attacking you with mine. We need to make it seem like we took each other out, that will put Rover and the other diamond dogs on low guard. With that, my partner will make sure to rescue your sister, then we can deal with Rover. Quickly, this cover is fading quickly.”

“I understand,” Rarity said as she began prepping her ultimate attack. “Preparing for rapid fire jewel launch.”

“WHAT IS GOING ON HERE!” Rover shouted down to the two pilots. “HOW DARE YOU DO SOMETHING THAT DOES NOT ALLOW ME TO WATCH YOUR DESTRUCTION!”

“Twilight, do you read me?” Pinkie said as she opened a communication channel.

“Yes, Pinkie,” Twilight replied. “What do you need?”

“I need you to get here as soon as you can. We're going to provide a distraction to put the diamond dogs off their guard, we need you to grab Sweetie Belle and go before they can react.”

“I'll see what I can do.” Pinkie cut the communication link and began prepping her ultimate attack. “These hooves of mine shine with boundless laughter. There loud cry tells me to grasp victory!”

As the dust and dirt settled, the two pony suits charged towards each other and leapt into the air.

“JEWEL STORM!”

“SHINING HOOVES!”

The pair of attacks each struck the sides of the pony suits squarely, the Shining Pony attacking with both shining hooves and the Jewel Pony sending off a barrage of jewel mines, sending each one flying off to opposite sides of the stadium. Neither suit moved or showed any sign of motion. Rover gave out a cheer as he saw both suits taken out.

“Yes! Yes yes yes yes!” he shouted to the sky. “Ha ha, those who dare to insult me will always meet such an end!”

“Uh, boss,” Spot said as he snapped Rover out of his reverie. “What are we supposed to do with the small pony?”

“Yeah, boss,” Fido piped in. “What about her?”

“Oh, we'll take her back to the Jeweled Hills and ransom her off to Manehatten.” Rover grabbed the shoulders of his fellow diamond dogs and began to laugh again. Fido and Spot were drawn into their boss's cheery mood and began to laugh as well.

As the three diamond dogs were distracted by their laughter, Twilight silently appeared behind Sweetie Belle. After placing a hoof to her lips once Sweetie Belle realized she was there to get her to stay silent, Twilight began to work on untying the ropes that held Sweetie Belle. As the ropes finally fell away, Fido turned his gaze to them and let out a startled cry.

“Boss! The hostage is free!”

“WHAT‽” Rover shouted as he spun around and saw Twilight standing next to a free Sweetie Belle. “Spot! Get that Unicorn!”

The big diamond dog threw himself into action, charging towards Twilight as her horn began to glow. Suddenly, Spot found himself hovering a few feet off the ground with his arms and legs held to his body by magic.

“I wasn't in the rogue pilot police force for three years for nothing,” Twilight said as she launched a similar attack on Fido, rendering him helpless. Rover watched as the strain of the magic keeping his fellow diamond dogs in check spread across the unicorn's face and smirked.

“You can't hold three at once can you?” he asked. The only response Twilight gave the diamond dog pilot was to glare at him. “It seems I'm right then.” Rover began to slowly walk towards Twilight when he was hit from the side by Sweetie Belle.

“Sweetie Belle attack!” she shouted as she threw herself into the diamond dog's side, knocking him off balance. Unfortunately, the attack also carried Sweetie Belle over the side of the video screen and out into the open air.

Sweetie Belle's terrified scream echoed across the stadium as the Jewel Pony jumped to its hooves. “Sweetie Belle!” Rarity shouted in terror as the Jewel Pony galloped towards the falling filly. As it neared, the cockpit opened up and Rarity threw herself out of the suit and grabbed Sweetie Belle as she fell. Rarity's horn flashed bright as magic surrounded the two sisters slowing their descent towards the ground to a crawl. “Oh, Sweetie Belle, I'm so sorry over how I have been acting. You are my one and only sister and I have not been treating you as I should be.”

“Rarity!” Sweetie Belle said as tears poured down her cheeks. “Rarity! I missed you so much!”

“I just love happy endings,” Pinkie said as the Shining Pony hoisted itself into the stands of the stadium and came to level with the top of the video screen where Twilight and the diamond dogs were. Rover was staggering to his feet after being hit by Sweetie Belle's surprise attack and turned and wound up face to face with the Shining Pony.

“Hello there, Rover.”

At the sight of the Shining Pony so close to him, Rover let out a scream then passed out.

“Well, that worked out better then I would have guessed,” Pinkie said as the Shining Pony placed its front hooves on the top of the video screen and the cockpit opened, allowing Pinkie to exit. “You ok, Twil?”

“Hey... Pinkie,” Twilight said as she struggled to keep her magic running. “Could you... do something...about the other two please.”

“Oh yeah,” Pinkie said as she walked over to the two diamond dogs held by magic. “Hey there. Guess what, your boss is passed out, right over there. You lost, we won. You gonna give up? Or do we have to do it the hard way?”

“We surrender,” Fido and Spot said in unison as Twilight let her magic fade out, releasing the two diamond dogs.

“Good. Twilight, let's call the authorities and make sure Rarity and Sweetie Belle are okay.”


“First off, Pinkie,” Rarity said as she invited Pinkie and Twilight into her family's manor. “I must ask for your forgiveness. I said all those hateful things to you earlier and I had no idea the situation you were in. Had I known of it—”

“Rarity, it's fine,” Pinkie said. “I forgive you. You had no way of knowing anything about me, and I was rather rude and impulsive earlier. But anyways, thanks for inviting us to your home. Right, Twilight?”

“Yes, thank you very much,” Twilight said as she gazed around. “This is a very nice place you have. And it's just you and your sister that live here?”

“Oh, no,” Sweetie Belle replied. “There are the servants that help with the cleaning and the cooking; and there is our butler, Raymond. He's been around forever.”

“Did someone call for me?” Raymond said as he entered the entrance hall. “Ah, I see we have guests today. I'll inform the kitchen staff to prepare something.”

“Thank you, Raymond,” Rarity said. “But that won't be necessary. These two were just seeing us home and will be on their way.”

“As you wish,” Raymond replied as he exited.

After Raymond had left, Sweetie Belle spoke up. “Pinkie, Twilight, you sure that you can't stay a little while longer?”

“Sorry, Sweetie Belle,” Pinkie said. “But your sister's given us a lead on where my sisters have gone. She said that there were rumors among the high society that a pair of earth ponies matching my sisters were seen heading west towards Las Pegasus. Right Rarity?”

“Yes,” Rarity replied. “I'm sure that we'll meet each other as the tournament continues. Try not to lose to anyone before we manage to get a proper fight.”

“You got it!” Pinkie said and pulled Rarity and Sweetie Belle into a big hug. “Aw, even though we've known each other for a short time, I'm gonna miss you two.”

“Come on, let's get going,” Twilight said as Pinkie let the two sisters free of her hug.

“Till next time!” Pinkie and Twilight left the manor of Rarity and Sweetie Belle and began their journey westward, towards the city of Las Pegasus.