• Published 21st Mar 2012
  • 2,591 Views, 82 Comments

Mobile Fighter G-Pony - Raryn



Ponies piloting giant pony mechs in a fighting tournament for the right to rule Equestria!

  • ...
1
 82
 2,591

Episode 11: True Nightmare

"Greetings and Salutations, Everypony," MR said as the spotlight lit above him, illuminating the ever familiar suited and eye-patched stallion upon his stool. "And what a pickle our intrepid Ponyville pony fighter has found herself in." At that, a screen dropped down out of the darkness and began to play footage.

"A fight well fought." Footage of the Shining Pony's defeat of the Derby pony played.

"An emergency call home." Footage of the Shining Pony rushing to Ponyville played.

"A city attacked." Footage of the strangely shaped pony suits laying waste to Ponyville played.

"And worse of all, friends betrayed." Footage of three familiar pony suits, those of Neo-Sweet Apple Acres, Neo-Cloudsdale, and Neo-Manehatten attacking the Shining Pony played.

"What could have happened to turn friends upon each other? Who is behind the attack of the Ponyville?" MR stood and the screen retracted back into the darkness. "That is for you all to see. For today's enemy is the mastermind behind all of this. Now," In one swift motion, pulled off both his suit and eye patch, revealing his bright pink shirt and bow tie and his perfectly normal working right eye, "pony fight all set. Ready, Go!"


Mobile Fighter G-Pony Episode 11
True Nightmare


"Hello, darling," Rarity said.

"Howdy, Sugarcube," Applejack added.

"And Pinks, goodbye," Rainbow Dash said as the three suits sprang into attack.

"No!" Pinkie cried out as the Shining Pony jumped to its hooves and sprung away from her friends' suits. "What's going on!? Applejack, Rarity, RD, what's gotten into you all?"

Rather than an answer, the three pony suits continued their attack. The Jewel Pony firing gem mines, the Applebuck taking pot shots with its pea-shooter, and the Hurricane getting in close, trying to use its beam wings to the greatest effect. All the while, Pinkie and the Shining Pony managed to keep up with the attacks as best as they could. But, it was a losing battle. Here were three mares that Pinkie had fought before, in Applejack's case, twice. And they had an understanding on how Pinkie's battle strategy went. As the fighting continued, it became harder and harder for Pinkie to dodge. A shot here and there from the Applebuck striking home on the legs of the Shining Pony. A gem mine detonating just a bit too close, sending shards into vital joints. The edge of the Hurricane Pony's beam wings slicing through the front curl of the Shining Pony's mane.

"Urg," Pinkie grunted as another gem mine from the Jewel Pony detonated near one of the Shining Pony's hind legs.

"Just give it up, Pinks," Rainbow said. "You can't keep this up for much longer."

"I have to agree with the brash one," Rarity said. "Your pony suit is looking a tad... how should I say, tattered."

"Well? Yer bein' all quiet like there, Sugarcube. Cat's got yer tongue?" Applejack prodded. "Well, if'n ya ain' gonna give in, looks like we're jus' gonna have ta take ya down hard!"

Pinkie watched as her "friends" drew closer. She knew they were right. All the sensors of the Shining Pony were going off. The damage was adding up and her suit couldn't handle much more before it gave out on her. She could only see one way to get out of this mess. "Pinkie Cannon!" In the split second before the three suits before her launched their attacks, the Shining Pony's side opened up, releasing the Pinkie Cannon turned down towards the ground and fired. As the dust cloud produced by the attack faded into the wind, Rarity, Applejack, and Rainbow found themselves standing alone.

"She got away," Rarity said bluntly.

"Genius deduction," Rainbow replied. "Nopony would ever of guessed that."

"Well, I'm sure a lowbrow type of pony like you wouldn't have known with out somepony telling you."

"You wanna have a go!"

"You wouldn't stand a chance against me and my Jewel!"

"Will the two o' ya be quie' already!" Applejack shouted at the two. "We ain't here ta fight each other an' ya both know that. Pinkie's the target."

"And how do you propose that we go after her?" Rarity asked. "She's most likely gone back to that disdainfully heavily guarded building to regroup."

"So, no plan from little miss fancy pants," Rainbow jabbed.

"I don't see you offering anything to this conversation."

"Already got a plan." Rainbow motioned to the industrial district of Ponyville. "Pinks' here for something, let's show her where it is."


Twilight was going around to the various groups of ponies huddling in the governmental building, helping to provide what comforts she could with what little there was. Helping out tending to the injured and keeping the young entertained and distracted with displays of magic while helping a traveling puppeteer caught in town during the attack. It was after one of these mini shows that Pinkie stumbled back in.

"Pinkie!" Twilight shouted as she ran over to her friend, keeping her from falling to the ground. "What happened? You look terrible."

"They attacked me, Twilight," Pinkie mumbled. About this time, Twilight noticed Pinkie's mane had gone straight.

"Pinkie, this isn't about those strange pony suits, is it"

"They attacked me... and I don't know why... I thought we were friends..." Pinkie slumped against Twilight, having succumbed to exhaustion.

"Oh, Pinkie. What happened out there." Twilight placed her friend on her back and carried her to a nice cozy corner to wait for her to come back around.


Some time later, Pinkie slowly opened her eyes to find herself wrapped up in a course, itchy blanket. t took her a moment to fully come to her senses, but when she did, she realized that she surrounded by ponies with distraught looks on their faces. "Hey there, everypony. Is it time for breakfast?"

"Pinkie!" Pound and Pumpkin cake shouted as they threw themselves on her. "You're ok!"

"Pound, Pumpkin," Mrs. Cake said. "Be careful, we don't want to wind up hurting her after what she's been through, whatever that was."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Cake," Pinkie reassured as she pulled the two young ponies into a big hug. "It'd take a whole lot more than these two jumping on me to hurt me."

"On that note, what did happen? Your friend, Twilight Sparkle, came to us for help, saying that you'd passed out."

"Yes, and I'm sure both she and me would like to know the answer to that question as well, Pinkie." Pinkie's attention was drawn to her master's voice as she and Twilight approached. "You were fine when we parted out there."

"And what did you mean when you said 'They attacked me'?" Twilight added.

A long pause fell over the group at that. And it was that silence, coupled with the look on Pinkie's face, a look of anguish and betrayal, which prompted Mrs. Cake into action. "Come on you two," she said as she picked up Pound and Pumpkin and dragged them off to a chorus of groans and dismay. "Let's leave the adults to talk. They need some time alone."

"An astute one, she is," Master said, nodding in the direction of the Cakes.

"Yeah, she's great," Pinkie said.

"Pinkie," Twilight began, sitting herself next to her friend. "You want to talk about what happened out there?"

There was another pause, another silent moment for Pinkie to think and collect her thoughts. "It's like I said, they attacked me."

"Who? Who attacked you?" Master asked. "I was almost certain that we had dealt with all the enemies in the area that you were left in. There shouldn't have been anything."

"Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash."

"No!" Twilight gasped in horror, leaving Master slightly confused.

"Who are these ponies you speak of?"

"Friends... good friends," Pinkie replied. "Friends that would not attack me like they did. Something must have happened to them! Someone must have messed with their heads or... or... something!"

A soft beeping sound, a little ways off, pulled the attention of the three ponies. "That's a locator signal," Twilight said, turning to face the sound. "Why would something like that hit our communicator? Do you think that this could have something to do with all of this?" She turned back to face Pinkie and Master, but the two of them just shrugged. "I'm going to go and check on that." She walked over to Pinkie and gave her a strong reassuring hug. "Don't worry, Pinkie. Whatever this is, we'll figure this out." She released Pinkie and made her way over to the communicator.

As Twilight began to fiddle around with it, Master pulled Pinkie into another big hug. "Pinkie, I think it is time to pass on what took us apart, all that time ago."

"Huh?" Pinkie watched as Master's horn flared to life with magic and a small gem, light blue in color, the same color as Pinkie's eyes floated out of the folds of her clothing and came to a standstill right before Pinkie.

"This gem, is a very special gem," Master began. "It is known as a fragment of harmony. It is a relic of a long forgotten era, one where chaos ruled and hope was in short supply. Not many ponies know they exist, and even fewer have ever seen one. Pinkie, this is for you. Keep it as a reminder, that no matter how difficult something becomes, no matter how hopeless the situation looks, never give up hope for a better future." Master's magic cut out and the gem fell softly into Pinkie's hooves. It felt warm to her touch, and pulsed faintly with some kind of strange energy, but, it's presence did help Pinkie.

"Thank you, Master," Pinkie began. "I—"

"What!?" Twilight's sudden exclamation stiffed whatever else Pinkie was going to say and drew the direct attention of both of them. "Pinkie, it's here! Right here, in Ponyville!"

"Ugh... I was right then. I hate it when I'm right! Where is it?"

"The industrial district."

"Ok, ready the Shining Pony!"

"Uh... Pinkie, it's still out of commission." Twilight rubbed the back of her head with a hoof. "I've been doing what I can so far, but it's not ready yet."

"Ok, new plan," Pinkie put a hoof to her chin as if deep in thought. "Go at it without the Shining Pony!"

"Pinkie, you are not like Master," Twilight said, pointing to her. Master gave a small shrug. "You can't take on those pony suits on your own. How will you get across the city."

"Simple," Pinkie pointed to the ground. "I go underground."


Pinkie and Master found themselves walking through the unlit tunnels of the Ponyville subway system. All service had been suspended due to the attack on the city. The light from a simple light orb hovering over the pair conjured by Master was the sole light source for them. They had entered at the terminal held within the governmental building and had not found any form of resistance since.

"Ya know," Pinkie said, her voice echoing around into the darkness of the tunnels. "You didn't have to come with me Master."

"What!?" Master gasped. "And leave my most favorite student to combat the unknown alone?"

"But you know I can..." Pinkie's thought trailed off as she caught Master chuckling to herself. "You're just along because you wanted to travel through the tunnels and have fun, aren't ya?"

"Guilty as charged." Pinkie and Master shared a good laugh that echoed along the tunnels as continued on their way. Soon, they came to a split in the tracks. One tunnel leading straight forward, and the other barring to the left.

"Hmm..." Pinkie said as she looked at the branching paths before them. But Master just continued walking on, taking the path that barred left.

"Nothing ventured, nothing gained," Master said. "As they say." As soon as she passed the threshold of the tunnel, a large metal bulkhead crashed down behind her, separating her from Pinkie, leaving her alone in the dark of the tunnels.

"Master!" Pinkie cried out as she banged against the new metal wall. But she wasn't given much time to think on the issue at hand. A bright light illuminated the tracks down the tunnel the way that she and master had traveled. Pinkie turned her attention to the light and, before she saw it, she heard the approaching danger. A subway train car was on its way, barreling towards her.

"Oh, horse apples!" Pinkie turned from the sealed tunnel entrance and broke into a sprint the only way she could, further down into the tunnels. But this proved to be a losing battle. The subway car was coming towards her faster than she could run, and once she realized that, she stopped to face the obstacle head on. Behind the lights was a simple train car, a large, long box covered in windows set on wheels attached to an electric motor. She saw that at the front of it was a door, and that's from where Pinkie got her plan.

"Ok, I only got one shot at this," she muttered as the train drew closer. Once it was close enough, she jumped and aimed a kick square at the door, hoping that it would give. Luckily, it did, and Pinkie found herself lying on her back soaring forward down the tracks in style.

"Heya, Pinks." A familiar voice pulled Pinkie's attention right away to the other occupant of the car sitting at the other end. "Knew you'd be able to dodge this thing some way or another."

"Rainbow Dash!"

"What happened to just calling me RD like always, Pinks?" Rainbow stood from her seat and slowly approached Pinkie, a scarf wrapped around her neck. "Aren't we friends?"

"Friends don't attack you out of nowhere, not with a pony suit or with a subway car!" Pinkie jumped to her hooves and moved into a fighting stance, balancing on her hind legs.

"That's the spirit, Pinks, right to the fighting point!"


Twilight took a moment from her maintenance of the Shining Pony to gaze over what she'd managed to get done. When Pinkie had called her the "best mechanic" back in Manehatten, she hadn't been playing with words. In the short time since Pinkie had returned with the damaged Shining Pony, she had managed to reverse most of the damage with her skills. She'd replaced the damaged joints, inner frame, and actuators of the limbs damaged by the gem explosions, removed and replaced most of the damaged sensors along the body, filled in in the gouges and dents in the armor, and even managed to fix the Shining Pony's mane back to it's original shape. Now she was in the cockpit, checking the overall system.

"There we go," she said, wiping away some sweat off her forehead with a hoof. "The limbs sensors are mostly up, and it seems that there's no damage to the engine. Aside from the cannon's power supply, all that's left is diagnostics."

From outside the suit, Twilight heard the distinctive sound of an approaching pony suit. "Is everything all right over here, Ms. Sparkle?" As she walked towards the open hatch, she saw that one of the patrol suits had come over.

"Yes, everything is alright, sir. No problems here."

Another patrol pony suit lumbered over towards the pair. "Unit three, get back to your post. We can not have a lapse in our guard. You never know when the enemy will attack."

"Yes, sir," the pilot of the first patrol suit shouted as his suit saluted. "And good bye, Ms. Sparkle."

As the pair of suits wandered off, Twilight shut the hatch and went back to her task of checking the Shining Pony's systems. Not all that much later, she heard a faint popping sound coming from outside the suit. Curious, she activated the sensors, bringing up the panoramic visual and audio feed. The sight outside left her speechless. A dozen patrol suits were engaged in what looked like a losing conflict with a large force of the misshapen pony suits that were roaming around the city. Several patrol suits were already battered out of commission, the broken suits littering the ground while the rest didn't look all that good either, they all showed the damage of prolonged battle. Suddenly, from the smoke and fire of the town, a hail of gunfire shot out and struck one of the enemy suits, tearing through it like butter. The patrol suits took this distraction to mount a counterattack and surged forwards. But, then the gunfire turned on the patrol suits, tearing through one, leaving it incapacitated. The remaining patrol suits were set upon by the enemy suits as a hazy green light flared in the smoke, shooting out to land in the center of the melee. The resultant explosion sent suits flying everywhere and blew away the smoke cover. In the distance, Twilight saw wings, huge, black wings, and a large black horn set above glowing red eyes.

"Shining Pony," Twilight said, a hint of terror passing through her voice as she swallowed heavily. "Begin start up sequence. Temporary pilot, Twilight Sparkle." As the start-up ran, Twilight watched as whatever was out there slowly made its way towards her.


Pinkie ducked and dodged past a pair of swift kicks sent her way by RD and rolled under one of the subway car's seats.

"Come on, Pinks," RD said as she hopped into the air, hovering close to the roof, in prep for another attack. "Where's the fighting pep that I saw you have back in that bandits cave outside of Cloudsdale? Where's the fighting spirit ya had when we fought? I know you're better than this." She dove down, sending a kick at Pinkie in her hiding place, but Pinkie rolled away again, leading RD to crash right into the seat, breaking it from its bolts and sending it flying into the seat behind it.

"Surprised?" RD said as a short chuckle escaped her lips at the sight of Pinkie's stunned face, her mouth hanging wide-open in shock. "A 'friend' gave us all a little something, something to make us all better." She pulled the scarf from her neck to reveal what was underneath. Iit was a ring of hard, gray scales, like those of a dragons, completely circling her neck. "Faster, stronger, the whole shebang."

"RD... is this what changed you into this?"

Rather than provide a response, RD simply lifted up the broken seat and tossed it at Pinkie. As she dodged, RD caught her and pinned her to the car floor.

"Now I've got ya, Pinks." RD gave a small smile to her friend. Pinkie thought that she saw a hint of sadness pass through RD's eyes. "No hard feelings." She raised a hoof high in anticipation of a strike when the car's intercom system crackled to life.

"Ahem," Applejack's voice sounded out of the speakers. "Passengers o' this Ponyville express car, we are sorry ta inform ya tha' yer next stop is comin' up shortly, an' it'll be yer las'."

"AJ!" RD shouted at the speakers. "What the hay! We all drew straws and I won first pick!"

"That ya, Rainbow? Sorry, but ya was takin' too long ta do anythin'. Anyways, as I was sayin', ya should be seein' yer final stop right 'bout now." Applejack's announcement broke down into a fit of laughter as the lights of the subway car shined on an overturned car lying across the tracks.

"Oh, monkey trumpets," Pinkie and RD said as the two cars collided.


"Eeya!" Twilight cried out as a laser tore through the road at the hooves of the Shining Pony, forcing it to turn down a new road. She spun her suit around to face whatever kind of suit it was that was chasing her and fired off a round of gunfire from the Shining Pony's head vulcans, but this only brought retaliation. More lasers tore into the road at her hooves and through the buildings at her sides. Twilight backed away from the attacks, but they kept coming. She felt like some kind of animal, being corralled somewhere. She turned as more lasers struck at the road and began the chase anew. She didn't know where she was going, the frequency of the attacks didn't allow her the luxury of time to check her location sensors. For now, all she could do was to keep ahead of whatever was pursuing her and hope that wherever she was going, there'd be a chance for escape.


"Ugh..." Pinkie slowly opened her eyes to a heavy gray haze. Her entire body hurt, and whatever she was lying on wasn't doing her any good. It felt like a pile of rocks digging into her back. Why was she on her back? She couldn't remember at the moment, so she just shook her head to try and clear the haze as she slowly pulled herself to her hooves. The haze retreated from eyes and was replaced by a dull grey light surrounding a pillar of bright white light she found herself in.

"Ow... that hurt. But nothing seems to be broken." She looked around her surroundings as her memories came back. She and RD had been thrown from their subway car when it collided with the one that had been lying on the tracks. And, from the look of the hole above her, that crash had caused a break in the ceiling of this area and she had been thrown down, the light of the cars reflecting off of the ceiling of the tunnel above. A quick look around showed her that RD had not landed down here with her. What here was looked like another long tunnel, but not a subway tunnel. It seemed to be an access one built beneath the tracks for maintenance purposes. That was where the grey light was coming from, a row of dull lights lit the center of the tunnel's ceiling.

"I hope she's ok," she said as she looked down the tunnel and began walking in the direction that she believed she had been traveling in. After sometime, her path ended with a door marked with an 'authorized personnel only' sign. "As master put it, nothing ventured, nothing gained." She opened the door, hoping that there were no traps, or anything, behind it, but instead, was met with another tunnel. This one was far shorter though, and had a similar door set at its end. Pinkie quickly made her way to this door and slowly opened it.

The first thing to hit her was the noise. The sounds of grinding metal, of whirring gears, roared all around as the door opened up into what looked like a large, open factory. Pinkie walked out onto the metal catwalk beyond the door and made her way to the railing overlooking the work floor.

"No," she said softly. Sitting there, far below, was the Nightmare pony, severely damaged, but slowly working to repair itself as per one of its three great abilities, that of self repair. Also, there all around the suit, were those misshapen suits that had attacked her and Twilight and Master in the city. There was even an assembly line in the far corner, creating more of them from cast of materials of the Nightmare Pony.

"Took your sweet time to get here, Darling," Rarity's haughty statement floated down from above. "You see, I'm not like that brash feather head, or the dull country pony. Their plans for you were so... direct. Easy to counter as it's shown. They lacked finesse, pizazz... surprise." Several explosions went off below Pinkie, rattling the catwalks. "I would hurry, Darling. We don't want you to have another fall."

Pinkie began running as the crashed and explosions grew closer from below. She found a staircase up to the next level and did the same. Over and over, she ran as fast as her worn body could take as the catwalks below her fell into oblivion. Soon, she reached the highest level. There were no stairs, instead, there was a ladder, leading up to the ceiling and what Pinkie believed, was an access hatch. She ran towards that, but before she could reach it, an explosion tore through the catwalk before her, tearing it to shreds. Pinkie did not stop though, as she reached the gap, she leaped, pushing off and aiming for some of the larger pieces of catwalk that were now on their way down after being thrown up by the explosion. One final leap put her on the ladder. She let out a sigh of relief as she slowly climbed up to what awaited her above.


Twilight slowed to a stop as she neared the center of the industrial district of Ponyville. There was a large open space before her, and whatever had been following her seemed to have given up the chase. "None of this makes any sense... what's going on here?"

"Shining Pony?" Pinkie's voice got picked up by the Shining Pony as the visuals zoned in on her as she climbed out of a hatch on the ground. "What are you doing here?"

"Pinkie?" Twilight said as the Shining Pony lowered itself to let her out. "What's going on. Why are you here?"

"Twilight! It's right here! Right beneath us!"

"That is quite correct, Darlings." Rarity's voice echoed around them.

"Of course it is," RD's voice added itself to the mix. "Why else would we have lead you here? You didn't really think that all that happening was coincidence?"

"Took a lot o' finaglin' ta get ya inta tha' access tunnel, Sugarcube." Applejack's voice also found its way into the surroundings. "Glad ya made it too."

"Yeah, and lucky for you, your suit made it here as well." Rarity said as the Jewel Pony stepped out of the smoke and haze, followed by the Hurricane and the Applebuck. "Now we can continue our little game from earlier."

"No!" Pinkie shouted. "This is not who you all are! You are all being controlled!"

"So, you don't want to play?" RD said. "Then it seems that we'll just have to do this that way then. You won't be participating in anymore fights, Pinks. And you can't stop that suit down there without a suit." All three of the suits turned towards the Shining Pony and readied their weapons. When, suddenly, a loud voice cried over the area.

"FLEETING MOONLIGHT!" A cone of light soared straight at the trio of suits, sending them scattering back into the smoke and haze as the Mare of the Moon's beam coating dissipated. It turned towards the Shining Pony and Pinkie and Twilight once the three other pony suits had retreated fully. "Pinkie, I see that you are safe and sound."

"Master!"

"Good, it would have been bad had they started before I got here."

"Master?"

"Pinkie, you really were one of my best students." Cracks started forming all along the Mare of the Moon, a bright glow emitting from within. Bits and pieces on its back crumbled away as large black wings burst out from the suit, casting darkness all around. The entire facade of the Mare of the Moon exploded away, revealing a pitch black pony suit, accented with a deep, deep blue. Large black wings adorned its back, and the horn of the Mare of the Moon was larger, more dangerous looking as the head of the suit now sported glowing eyes of red and wicked looking fangs. The sleek look of the Mare of the Moon was nowhere to be seen, as this suit was clad in heavy looking armor, yet, it didn't seem like that would be a hindrance at all to the suit. Pinkie and Twilight looked on the new suit with terror as the Jewel, Hurricane, and Applebuck Ponies stepped back into view.

"Say hello, to the Master Pony."

Comments ( 3 )

5203158

Nothing else? What'd ya like about these past two chapters?

well like pikie master being called everfree that was so good i had a face cramp of smiling to much and the mare in the moon refrence from ep 1 and of season 1 of mlp [sary for miss spells]

I know it's been 5 almost 6 years now, but could you continue writing this?

Login or register to comment