• Published 5th Feb 2014
  • 6,736 Views, 290 Comments

LEGO Equestria Girls - Chronicler06



When Twilight's crown gets stolen, she must follow Sunset Shimmer into a strange new world. A world made of Lego.

  • ...
13
 290
 6,736

The Power of Teamwork

Chapter 12
The Power of Teamwork

Twilight Sparkle tugged and pushed at the barred door of the dungeon cell, but it just wouldn’t budge at all. Despite her best efforts, she soon realized that it was a vain attempt, so she finally stopped trying. After panting for a few seconds, she looked back at the other occupant of the cell. “You know, you could at least try to be helpful,” she complained.

Prince Shining Armor was sitting on the floor and simply stared down at his feet. He sighed and sadly replied, “What’s the point? Trixie is right; I care too much about my missing sister to focus on anything else.”

“No, Shining,” said Twilight defiantly as she walked up to him. “I know you’re better than this. Cadance told me that you once considered the greater good to be more important than any personal desires. And yet, here you are demonstrating the exact opposite of that!”

“Face it, Starlight,” said Shining Armor dejectedly. “If I can’t even find my sister after all of these years, then how can I hope to save the Castle Region?”

Twilight sighed in disappointment as she turned back to the cell door and gripped the bars. It seemed like she had tried everything to get through to him, with virtually no success. She just couldn’t understand why Shining Armor would focus so much attention on his sister.

That thought made Twilight suddenly realize something. There was one method she hadn’t tried yet. It made so much sense that she couldn’t believe she didn’t think of it earlier. With so little left to lose, she knew she had to try.

“What if your sister knew about all of this?” asked Twilight as she turned to face Shining Armor with determination. “What if she was aware of how much you were beating yourself up over her absence? What would she think of you? Do you really think she would approve of your recent behavior?”

Shining Armor looked up at Twilight. He had never really considered that before. As he thought about it, he quickly realized what the answers to those questions would most likely be. He quietly replied, “Twilight always looked up to me. She was convinced that I could handle any trouble that stood in my way. If she saw me like this… she would be very disappointed in me.”

Finally, with renewed determination, Prince Shining Armor stood up and proudly said, “You’re right, Starlight. It’s time for me to stop worrying about the past and focus on what’s really important right now. We’re gonna find a way out of this dungeon, and then we’ll take the fight to the Great and Powerful Trixie, herself. For real, this time!”

“That’s the spirit!” said Twilight cheerfully. “Now that we know our true priorities, let’s find a way outta here!” She quickly looked around the cell for anything that could be useful. When she glanced up at the ceiling, she noticed that among the long flat pieces that it was made of, one of them was a little loose at one end, allowing it to stick out a little bit. It wasn’t much, but if she could just reach it…

“Over here!” Twilight called over to Shining Armor. “Let me stand on your shoulders so I can reach that!”

Shining Armor looked up at the loose piece Twilight was pointing up at. “I don’t know if that’ll work,” he said skeptically, “but it’s worth a try.” He walked up to Twilight and stood directly beneath the loose piece.

Twilight quickly climbed up onto Shining Armor’s shoulders. It took her a moment to balance herself so she could stand up straight, but once she did that, she was easily able to grab onto the loose piece. With no time to lose, she immediately began to pull down on that loose piece. She could definitely feel how loose it was, but it didn’t seem to be coming any further than that. She began to tug harder on it, which created a creaking noise of wood, but no further progress. Eventually, she pulled herself all the way up and practically stood on the ceiling as she continued to struggle to pull off that loose piece.

With Twilight no longer standing on his shoulders, Shining Armor took a few steps back and looked up at her as she kept on trying. To him, it seemed like there was no progress being made at all. Not to mention, Twilight was in a rather precarious position. “Maybe we should try something different,” he suggested.

“Almost…” strained Twilight as she tugged ever harder on the loose piece. Finally, after one mighty heave, the loose piece finally came all the way off, sending it, Twilight, and a bunch of other pieces falling to the floor with a loud crash.

“Are you okay?” asked Shining Armor in concern as he looked over the pile of Lego pieces that now buried Twilight Sparkle.

Twilight quickly pulled herself out of the pile and tossed aside some of the pieces on top of her as she replied, “Don’t worry, I’m fine.” After dusting herself off, she looked back at the pile and immediately got an idea. “And even better…” She quickly grabbed a bunch of long plates that were two studs wide and began attaching them, one end over the other. Once she had attached as many as she could, she lifted one end of the attached pieces up towards the hole in the ceiling, creating a very simple ramp up to the floor above. “I’ve just opened up a means of escape!” she finished.

Shining Armor looked up at the crude ramp and found himself quite impressed with the improvised solution. “Good work, Starlight!” he said proudly. “Now let’s go after Trixie!” He quickly ran up the ramp.

Twilight heard the ramp creak with every step. Since she had literally just thrown it together, there was virtually no stability at all. She felt tense for a moment, as there was no telling when any two pieces could come apart from the weight it was being subjected to. She quietly let out a sigh of relief as Shining Armor made it to the floor above without any problems. Convinced that it could hold for at least a little longer, Twilight quickly followed the prince up the ramp and out of the dungeon.


At the bottom of a trench not far from Trixie’s castle, all was still and quiet at the pile of Lego pieces that used to be a siege machine.

The first to emerge from under the pile was Pinkie Pie. Despite the crash, she was still wearing that gear on her head, which now had a few small Lego pieces piled on top of it. She groaned as she rubbed the back of her head.

The next one to pull herself out of the pile was Applejack. She looked over the carnage and simply muttered, “Well that stinks.” With nothing else left to say, she immediately went to work picking up some of the pieces.

Spike burst out from beneath another part of the pile and gasped for breath. He then turned to Applejack and exclaimed, “What was that for?! I told you to slow down!”

Rainbow Dash burst forth from beneath the pile and immediately turned to Spike and exclaimed, “Well maybe if somebody hadn’t left his post, we wouldn’t need to make such a sharp turn in the first place!”

“Oh, please!” argued Rarity as she carefully pulled herself free from the pile. “It’s not his fault we crashed! The siege machine could not handle such a tight turn because you FORGOT A PIECE!” At those last words, she grabbed the gear in question and shook it back and forth, not caring that she was also shaking Pinkie Pie around, as well as shaking off all of the pieces that were piled up on top of it.

“If we did things your way, we would still be building it right now!” Rainbow Dash shot back.

Rarity crossed her arms and turned away as she scoffed and rebuffed, “Well at least it would be built right!”

“Would y’all just stop bickerin’ an’ actually do somethin’ useful?!” shouted Applejack as she continued to gather up some of the pieces. “Pinkie Pie, gimme a hand here, will ya?”

Pinkie responded by removing her left hand and holding it out to Applejack. “Here you go!” she said cheerfully.

Applejack gave an unamused expression as she deadpanned, “Figuratively, not literally.”

Rainbow Dash kicked away some pieces and grunted in frustration. “What’s the point?” she responded. “Twilight and the prince are captured, our army is outnumbered two to one, the siege machine is a total wreak, and WHERE THE BRICK IS FLUTTERSHY?!!”

ROOOAAAR!!!

That loud noise made everyone suddenly stop what they were doing and look up at the sky. Quickly approaching the battle was what appeared to be a large red dragon. Even at such a distance, they could already hear the beating of its massive wings as it flew in their direction.

The first to respond was Spike. “Aww, no fair!” he moaned in disappointment. “Nobody told me there were dragons in this world!”

Rarity was, at first, quite frightened by the oncoming dragon. But then her attention to detail allowed her to notice something rather peculiar. “Look who’s riding on its back!” she exclaimed, pointing up at the dragon.

Everyone looked closely at the dragon’s back. Sure enough, there was actually a minifig riding on that mighty dragon, but it wasn’t just any minifig.

“It’s Fluttershy!” exclaimed Pinkie Pie excitedly.

“No… way…” said Rainbow Dash in total disbelief.

Fluttershy had a surprisingly calm look on her face as the dragon she was riding soared over her teammates below and swooped down to the raging battle. The dragon let loose a large burst of its fiery breath over a large swath of the skeleton army, sending blackened skeleton parts all over the place. “Good boy!” she calmly said as she gently patted the dragon’s neck.

The dragon looped through the air once and then flew straight towards Trixie’s castle. The Great and Powerful Trixie had been watching the battle from atop the keep, and was genuinely surprised to see there was now a dragon fighting against her side. As the dragon let loose another fireball from its mouth, she quickly teleported away to safety in a puff of smoke. The fireball struck where she had been standing, blasting away a few pieces of the castle.

“Now there’s somethin’ ya don’t see every day,” muttered Applejack as she and the others watched Fluttershy and the dragon.

Spike suddenly dove back into the pile and tossed aside a few parts before finding the type of piece he desired: a brown spear. “What are we waiting for, girls?!” he exclaimed as he scrambled up the side of the trench towards the battle. “We’ve got ‘em on the run! Now’s our chance to strike!” Once Spike had quickly climbed out of the trench, he held the spear high above his head and shouted, “CHAAAARGE!!!” He then brought the spear back down and pointed it forward as he charged onward with a loud and ceaseless battle cry, keeping his eyes shut tight the whole time.

As Spike blindly charged at the army of small trolls, the dragon swooped down and brought its tail down as it kept flying forward, smacking away all of the trolls the stood in Spike’s way. Once the path was completely cleared, the dragon flew upwards, away from the carnage.

After finally exhausting the single breath of his battle cry, Spike stopped his charge and turned back. In his wake, he saw many trolls thrown about, moving around slowly or not at all. Convinced that this was entirely his own doing, he proudly held the spear over his head and cheered, “Yes! I am the spear master!” At those final words, he twirled the spear around and stuck it point-down into the ground, keeping it gripped in his right hand. He laughed victoriously for a few seconds, but stopped suddenly when he tugged on the spear. He had just stuck it into the ground so hard that it actually wouldn’t come out. He pulled as hard as he could with one hand, then tried both hands, but with no success.

The four girls in the trench had watched all of this in disbelief. “Perhaps a more practical means of attack may be necessary,” suggested Rarity to her fellow teammates.

“I’ll get the parts!” said Pinkie Pie happily as she ran back to the pile and started tossing pieces out of the trench.

At the same time, Applejack was already busy hauling some big pieces out of the pile. When Rainbow Dash turned to her, the farm girl said, “Ah think we can build a catapult outta some of these here parts.”

With a confident grin on her face, Rainbow responded, “Knowing how excessive Rarity can be with her builds, I bet we’ve got enough to build a good one.” Following Pinkie’s example, she quickly ran over to the pile and began tossing pieces out of the trench.


It wasn’t long before Twilight Sparkle and Prince Shining Armor found themselves in the same exact room where they had encountered Trixie. What little light entered this room revealed empty suits of armor standing along some of the walls and a few chains that hung from the ceiling and nearly reached the floor.

The two minifigs momentarily came to a stop at the base of the same stairway that they had originally intended to climb. Twilight turned to Shining Armor and asked, “Are you sure you know what to do now?”

“Positive,” replied Shining Armor with determination before unsheathing his golden sword. “This time, I’m ready.”

“The Great and Powerful Trixie would beg to differ.”

Startled, Twilight and Shining Armor turned around and, sure enough, Trixie herself was standing right behind them. Shining Armor gripped his sword with both hands and held it up defensively.

As much as Trixie enjoyed a good fight, she had an even better idea on how she could win in this particular case. “Give Trixie the sword, Prince Shining Armor,” she proposed as she once again conjured her crystal ball into her left hand. “Give Trixie the sword, and I can take you to your sister.”

Shining Armor relaxed and lowered his sword as he saw his sister’s face within the crystal ball again.

Twilight immediately realized what Trixie was trying to do. If Shining Armor gave up his golden sword, then there would be nothing left to stop the Great and Powerful Trixie. Knowing that she had to prevent this, she turned to Shining Armor and desperately said, “Don’t fall for it! You can’t trust her!”

Shining Armor turned uncertainly to Twilight as she said that, then back to Trixie.

“Give Trixie the sword or you may never see your sister again!” demanded Trixie, slightly aggravated.

“She’s alive?” asked Shining Armor quietly as he stared intently at the face of his missing sister within the crystal ball.

“Shining Armor…” said Twilight quietly, catching his attention again. “What would your sister think of you?”

Prince Shining Armor turned back to the cloudy image within the crystal ball as he considered Twilight’s question. Finally, his expression turned from confusion to determination as he realized the truth. He raised his sword and sliced through the crystal ball, sending it flying out of Trixie’s hand and crashing to the floor. “Twilight would never forgive me if I had to rely on the likes of you to find her!” he spoke firmly to Trixie. He tightened his grip on the golden sword and got into a defensive stance. “My sister can wait. Right now, my number one priority is to defeat and capture you, once and for all!”

With her persuasive offer rejected, Trixie knew there was now only one way for her to succeed. “Then so be it!” she declared. With a mighty swing of her magic staff, she unleashed a powerful shockwave that sent Shining Armor and Twilight flying to opposite sides of the room.

As Shining Armor landed, he tumbled and quickly stood back on his feet, ready to fight. Trixie followed that up with a blast of electrical energy directed at Shining Armor, but he was able to deflect it with his sword, sending the blast towards a wall and breaking loose a few pieces. She tried the same attack, but he deflected it in the other direction with the same result.

Trixie sent forth another magical blast of electrical energy at Shining Armor and kept it going. Shining Armor blocked the continuous attack with his sword. He grunted as he struggled to hold back the onslaught. As he began to focus as much willpower into his golden sword as possible, its magical properties finally began to show. A golden aura covered the sword, followed by the release of a magical blast of fiery energy that slowly began to push back against the endless attack. Eventually, the meeting point between the two beams of magical energy came to stop at the center of the room, the energy from the blasts sending Trixie’s and Shining Armor’s capes flapping in the wind.

Realizing they were at a stalemate, both sides simultaneously called off their attacks. Shining Armor tumbled to the left and fired a blast of golden magic at Trixie, who jumped to the right and fired her own blast of blue magic. Shining Armor dove to the right and tumbled once before firing another magic blast.

As all of this was happening, Twilight Sparkle stood at the sidelines, cheering on Prince Shining Armor as the fight raged on. “Go, Shining Armor!” she cheered excitedly. “You can do it! Show her who’s really powerful!”

Suddenly, a large hole was blasted into the wall right next to Twilight, who flinched and yelped in reaction. When she noticed the direction that the pieces had been sent flying, she realized the impact to her left had come from outside the room. Curious, she turned to look through the hole in the wall.

Not far outside the castle, a catapult had been assembled, and the people operating it were none other than Applejack and Rainbow Dash. Rainbow Dash picked up a Lego boulder and loaded it into the bucket, followed by Applejack jumping off of a small raised platform and stomping down on the other end of the arm, sending the boulder flying towards the castle.

“Yeah! Now this is more like it!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash excitedly, before turning back to the pile of Lego boulders and grabbing another one.

“Teamwork, Rainbow Dash!” added Applejack proudly as the boulder was loaded into the bucket. She stomped down on the other end of the arm and sent that boulder flying. As she quickly climbed back up onto the platform, she finished, “That’s what it’s all about!”

Rainbow Dash loaded another boulder, which was quickly launched by Applejack. Rainbow turned back to the pile to grab another one, but was shocked to see nothing left. “Uh oh. We’re all out!” she exclaimed worriedly.

“Now what?” asked Applejack with concern as she finished climbing back up onto the platform again.

Rainbow quickly looked around desperately for a possible solution. She noticed a sword and shield — which had the blue and white colors of Prince Shining Armor — lying on the ground nearby and immediately got an idea. She ran over to grab the shield in her left hand and sword in her right hand. “Launch me!” she exclaimed as she hopped into the bucket. She pointed her sword forward and shouted, “FIRE!”

Applejack stared at Rainbow Dash in confusion, turned to the castle the catapult was aimed at, and then back to Rainbow with the same confused look on her face. Finally, she simply shrugged and replied, “If ya say so.” She then hopped off the platform and stomped down on the other end of the arm, flinging Rainbow Dash high into the air.

Rainbow Dash kept a determined look on her face while letting loose a loud battle cry as she soared over the battlefield, over the lava moat, and over the castle walls. She eventually came down right atop the central keep, landing with a tumble until slamming into the crenelated wall at the back side. Rainbow shrugged off the mild impact and quickly hopped to her feet. She was more than ready for battle, so she banged her sword against her shield twice and shouted, “Who wants some?!”

The response was immediate. The doors of the two small towers at the front corners of the keep burst open. Dozens of skeleton warriors rushed out onto the roof of the keep, heavily armed and ready for combat. Once they were all out on the roof, they stood menacingly in front of Rainbow Dash.

For a moment, the only noise that could be heard was the rush of a gentle wind. Rainbow Dash kept holding her sword and shield up for combat, but she also couldn’t deny the ridiculous odds she had just placed herself against. “Yeah…” she said slowly to herself. “Definitely should’ve thought this one through.”


Back out on the battlefield, Spike was still struggling to pull his spear out of the ground. He was completely unaware of a skeleton warrior sneaking up behind him, raising his sword and ready to strike down the short minifig.

But then, with impeccable timing, the spear finally came loose. The momentum of its release made it thrust backwards and smack the skeleton in the face, knocking his head off. Spike turned back in time to see the rest of that skeleton fall over and fall apart upon hitting the ground.

Spike looked up from the fallen skeleton and saw three more standing before him, armed with swords and shields. Spike quickly twirled the spear around so it was pointing forward at his opponents. Ready for combat, he taunted, “You want a piece of me? Well too bad! ‘Cause you’re not gonna get any!” He relaxed his stance and briefly grasped the front of his red LEGO cap as he quietly added, “Especially not this nice hat.” He then quickly got back into his defensive stance.

Before the three skeleton warriors could make their move, something struck the one on the right and caused him to fly apart into pieces. A split second later, the same thing happened to the one on the left. The one in the middle simply looked around in confusion before that same thing happened to him as well.

Spike was also confused by what had just happened, so he quickly looked around for the source of whatever might have struck those skeletons. He soon noticed what appeared to be a wall on wheels with a narrow slot in the middle of it, through which an arrow would occasionally shoot forth from. He looked closely at the slot to see if he could figure out who was standing behind it. When he noticed white skin and violet hair, he was surprised to find out that it was Rarity!

Rarity had managed to recover that crossbow she had used on the siege machine, and was now using it from behind the safety of her portable wall. She fired off two more arrows in rapid succession, quickly grabbing them from a quiver that she had attached to her side of the wall. She was about to reach for another arrow when her field of view in front of the wall was quickly blocked by a big mass of green.

Rarity yelped and jumped backwards as she realized that a big troll — which stood more than twice as tall as a normal minifig and was much more bulky with muscle — stood in front of the portable wall. With one mighty swing of the club in his hand, the troll completely obliterated the wall. With a wicked grin on his hideous face, the troll laughed menacingly at the helpless minifig that now stood before him.

Realizing her situation, Rarity turned back and called out, “Oh Applejack! Could you be a dear and pass me that spare tire?”

Applejack immediately burst out from under the pile of Lego pieces near the trench, holding over her head a large wheel and tire with a diameter that was nearly as much as the height of a normal minifig. “One spare tire, comin’ up!” she shouted as she ran forward towards the big troll. With a mighty heave, she hurled the wheel high up into the air.

The troll grunted in confusion as he looked up at the wheel that arced through the air in his direction and ultimately came down right on his head. Right after the wheel bounced off his head, the troll groaned deliriously. As he slipped into unconsciousness, he fell forward, his massive body creating an audible slam as it hit the ground, which also shook noticeably.

“Take that, you ruffian!” said Rarity triumphantly.

Pinkie Pie suddenly ran up to Rarity and pointed up at the castle as she exclaimed worriedly, “Rarity! Look up there!”

Rarity looked up at Trixie’s castle and gasped in horror when she saw Rainbow Dash was completely on her own against an entire army of skeleton warriors.

Rainbow Dash had her back against the back wall of the roof of the keep and was forced to hold up her shield to block off all blows from the left and use her sword to parry off all the ones from the right. Against so many aggressive skeletons, there was simply no opportunity at all for an offensive move. “Back! Back, you boneheads! Back!” she shouted as she continued to futilely fight off all of those skeleton warriors.

Down on the ground outside the castle, Rarity and Pinkie were unable to do anything but watch helplessly from such a great distance. “We simply must do something!” exclaimed Rarity fearfully.

Pinkie Pie began looking around in panic, desperate to find something — anything — that could be used to save Rainbow Dash. When she reached up and felt something odd sticking out from her head, she realized that she was still wearing that gear on her head. “Oh yeah,” she said as a smile quickly formed on her face. She immediately removed the gear and then tossed it like a frisbee towards the top of the castle.

As Rarity saw that gear fly through the air, she smiled in realization and said, “Of course! I forgot about that silly thing.”

The gear soared over the castle walls and struck one skeleton in the head, the impact completely shattering him to pieces. That was only the start, as the gear was then deflected towards another skeleton, and then another, then another. Rainbow Dash was absolutely stunned as she watched the gear rapidly bounce around from one skeleton to another, shattering each and every one of them. Each impact was oddly accompanied by the ringing and dinging noises of a pinball machine. When the gear finally struck the last skeleton, it flew towards one of the small towers at the front of the keep and smashed it apart. Pieces of the tower went flying everywhere, revealing a blinking red sign that read “TILT”.

Confused, Rainbow Dash ran over the pile of skeleton parts towards the front of the keep. She looked down at the ground in front of the castle and saw Rarity and a bald Pinkie Pie looking up at her with smiles on their faces.

“I knew that part might come in handy!” Rarity cheerfully called up to Rainbow while Pinkie Pie waved her hand excitedly.

Rainbow Dash simply smiled in response before turning her attention to the intact tower to her left. With the sword and shield firmly grasped in her hands, she ran through the opened doorway and down the stairs to the inside of Trixie’s castle.

It wasn’t long until Rainbow started hearing the smashing and clashing noises of a mighty battle taking place within the castle. She was quickly able to figure out which stairways to take to reach the source of the conflict. As she reached the bottom of the final set of stairs, she found herself coming up right behind Twilight Sparkle, who was busy watching the epic battle between the Great and Powerful Trixie and Prince Shining Armor. “How’s it going?” she asked Twilight.

Twilight was momentarily startled to hear someone behind her back, but was relieved to see it was just Rainbow Dash. She was then confused by Rainbow’s presence inside the castle, so she asked, “How did you get here?”

“I took the catapult,” Rainbow simply said.

Twilight stared silently at Rainbow Dash for a moment before responding, “Okay… Well, to answer your question, I’m afraid I don’t see this ending anytime soon.” She turned her attention back to the ongoing battle as she continued, “They seem to be evenly matched, with no clear advantage for either side.”

As Twilight spoke, Shining Armor deflected another blast of magic from Trixie with his sword. He retaliated with a magic blast of his own, which was blocked by a force field that Trixie conjured around herself.

Rainbow Dash tightened her grip on the sword and shield in her hands and said, “Then we’ll just have to tip the scales in our favor.” She then charged forward and let loose a battle cry.

“Rainbow, wait!” Twilight called out, but it was already too late to stop her.

As Shining Armor dove to the left to dodge another beam of magic, Trixie took the brief opportunity to turn back and unleash a small shockwave to blast away the charging minifig, before turning her attention back to the real threat of Shining Armor.

Rainbow Dash was thrown back and slammed into the wall beside Twilight, dropping her sword and shield. She groaned painfully as she slid down the wall to the floor. Once she was on the floor, she muttered, “Maybe we should try something else.”

“My point exactly,” responded Twilight as she began looking around the massive room for anything that could be useful. She noticed that many Lego bricks were scattered across the floor, no doubt collateral damage from the ongoing battle. She tried to think of something useful she could build, but no good ideas came to mind.

After dodging another attack, Trixie telekinetically grabbed one of the chains that were dangling from the ceiling and swung it towards Shining Armor. He responded by jumping into the air and swinging his sword across, slicing through the chain as if it was made of paper. The two halves passed harmlessly above and below before he dropped back down to the floor.

Twilight saw this move and suddenly got an idea. “I got it!” she said, before running over to grab two standard eight-stud bricks. She attached the two bricks together, one on top of the other, and then ran back over to Rainbow Dash. “Here, hold this,” she said as she practically shoved the bricks into Rainbow’s arms.

“What for?” asked Rainbow Dash in confusion.

Twilight didn’t respond as she then ran over to grab one of the dangling chains. She noticed that these chains were actually Lego parts in that the ends were attached to a short and round one-stud piece. She grabbed the end of the chain and carried it back over to Rainbow Dash and the pair of bricks in her arms. Twilight wrapped the chain around the two bricks once. Then she tried to tie a knot in the chain at the top of the pair of bricks. The end of the chain swung around as she did this, nearly striking Rainbow Dash in the head.

“Whoa! Watch it!” exclaimed Rainbow Dash as she dodged the swinging chain.

Twilight quickly apologized as she finished tying the crude knot. Finally, she attached the end of the chain to one of the studs on the upper brick. She took the pair of bricks from Rainbow’s arms and gave the simple assembly a few quick tugs to make sure everything would stay in place. “That’ll work,” she said in satisfaction. She then carried the bricks on a chain with her as she ran to the end of the room. By the time she got there, she had to hold the pair of bricks over her head due to the taut chain. “Now I just gotta wait for the right moment to strike,” Twilight said to herself as she watched the ongoing battle between Shining Armor and Trixie.

Shining Armor unleashed another beam of golden magic towards Trixie, but she avoided it by teleporting away in a puff of smoke. Shining heard the crackling noise of teleporting again just a split second later, this time right behind him. He quickly spun around and brought up his sword to block as Trixie swung her staff down at him. The two weapons clashed as the two powerful foes holding them pushed against each other.

“Gotta time this just right,” Twilight quietly said to herself as she continued to wait for the perfect opportunity to strike, keeping her aim directly at Trixie.

Trixie grinned as she pushed back against Shining Armor, who grunted as he struggled to hold his ground. Finally, he brought up his right leg and kicked Trixie in the stomach, sending her flying back towards the middle of the room. She was able to land on her feet and quickly slide to a stop.

Now! thought Twilight as she immediately thrust the crude pendulum forward, straight towards Trixie.

Trixie stood defiantly before Prince Shining Armor as she bragged, “The Great and Powerful Trixie shall—”

Before she could finish, the two bricks on a chain struck Trixie on her right side. Caught completely off guard by the impact, she was sent sprawling to the floor, dropping her staff as she fell.

Shining Armor took immediate advantage of the interception. He channeled all of the magic power he could into his golden sword and swung it forward, unleashing a jet of golden flames towards the fallen witch. The flames circled around Trixie, lifting her up from the floor. By the time Trixie realized what was happening, it was already too late for her to do anything to stop it. After a few seconds, the circling flames dissipated, revealing a series of golden chains that were now wrapped around her arms and body.

“Shall be placed under arrest,” Shining Armor mockingly finished.

After dropping back to the floor, Trixie struggle to break her arms free, but it was no use. She could do nothing but watch helplessly as Shining Armor kicked her magical staff away, far from her reach. “This cannot be!” she exclaimed helplessly.

Shining Armor walked up to Trixie and threateningly pointed his sword at her face as he firmly said, “It’s over, Trixie. You lose.”

As soon as Shining Armor finished saying those words, the whole room quickly got brighter, with much of the light coming from the hole in the wall that had been created from the catapult. Twilight and Rainbow Dash ran over to the large hole in the wall to see what was going on outside. The dark skies were quickly clearing up as all of the storm clouds that had stayed over the scorched area dissipated. Happening just as quickly was the moat of lava cooling and hardening into solid rock.

The most significant change of all was what happened to all of the skeleton warriors and trolls out on the battlefield. Each and every one of them quickly vanished in puffs of dark smoke, never to be seen again. Within less than a minute, the only ones remaining outside the castle were Spike, Rarity, Applejack, a bald Pinkie Pie, Fluttershy on the back of a flying red dragon, and the army of Prince Shining Armor with seemingly no losses at all. With no more enemy forces left to fight, the army erupted into loud cheers at their victory.

With the battle now over, Fluttershy guided the dragon down to land next to her friends. Once they were on the ground, she hopped off the dragon’s back and gently patted it on the side of its head.

“So that’s where ya went,” remarked Applejack as she, Pinkie Pie, and Spike walked up to Fluttershy and the dragon. “You were callin’ in some extra help. Why didn’t ya just tell us before ya left us like that?”

“I wasn’t sure if he would actually help us,” replied Fluttershy. “He says that he usually likes to be left alone.”

The dragon growled lightly and nodded his head in response.

“I’m just surprised you were so… calm about working with this dragon,” remarked Spike. “I mean, aren’t you afraid of dragons?”

“Not really,” admitted Fluttershy. “I actually don’t find any creature to be too scary for me to care for and sometimes ask for help. I guess you can blame Bruce for that.”

“You’re still takin’ care of that shark?” asked Applejack, slightly surprised.

“Hey, what happened to Rarity?” asked Pinkie Pie as she quickly looked around. She stopped moving her head when she suddenly felt something familiar being placed on top of it. A quick feel around confirmed that it was her own hair, now back where it belonged. A quick glance to her left revealed that it was Rarity who had given her back her hair piece.

“Did you really think I would have forgotten about that?” asked Rarity, slightly amused.

“Never doubted ya for a moment,” replied Applejack as she rolled her eyes.

“Hey, look over there,” said Spike, pointing up at Trixie’s castle.

The four girls followed Spike’s gaze up towards a hole in the wall of the central keep, where they could see Twilight Sparkle and Rainbow Dash waving at them.

“We did it!” Rainbow Dash called down to the team. “Trixie has been captured!”

The five teammates on the ground cheered victoriously at this announcement, along with Prince Shining Armor’s army.

As the celebrations outside began, Twilight turned back to Prince Shining Armor himself, who continued to point his golden sword at the formerly Great and Powerful Trixie, now captured. Twilight walked up to Shining Armor and gently placed a hand on his shoulder.

Shining Armor looked back and saw Twilight smile and give a single nod in approval. Shining Armor did the same in response, before turning his attention back to Trixie.

Twilight was very pleased with the progress that had been made today. The third and second of LEGO’s Most Wanted had been successfully captured. That now left only number one: Sunset Shimmer. Although there was still no word on where she went, the successful capture of her two assistants would hopefully shed some light on the mystery. Twilight Sparkle had high hopes that she would soon be getting back her stolen crown and returning to Equestria with it.

Author's Note:

Even though this chapter is the final one to closely follow Clutch Powers, there will be a few more references over the remaining chapters to follow, along with maybe a few more Lego Movie references too. The way I see it, there are now only six chapters left to go (including the epilogue), and as long as I keep up my current rate of updates, this story should be finished by the end of August.