• Published 19th Oct 2011
  • 5,053 Views, 20 Comments

My Little Angry Ponies - GWFan



Apple Bloom's pet pigs are relentlessly attacked by the angry birds

  • ...
3
 20
 5,053

A Resolution?

Among the confusion of the battle, Applejack had managed to pull the still unconscious Rainbow Dash and Rarity into the barn with Big Macintosh’s help. At present, Twilight was standing on the roof of the damaged barn, doing her darndest to divert the Sparows from getting inside. It was extremely tedious, as her magic still wasn’t at full strength. Pinkie Pie perched in the hayloft of the barn, staring across the battlefield with Rarity’s binoculars, warning Twilight whenever the Sparows were launching their way. Granny Smith was still napping and Big Macintosh had moved her to the barn as well. Scootaloo and Sweetie Belle stood worriedly by, hoping that Rainbow and Rarity were all right, though Scootaloo continuously suggested revenge. Spike sat in a corner feverishly writing more memoirs, this time more accurate and unoptimistic ones. Fluttershy and Apple Bloom peered out the entrance of the barn, both feeling quite useless among all the commotion.

“Fluttershy?” Apple Bloom asked, breaking the dreary spell that had cast over them all. “What do you think is goin’ to happen?”

“I don’t know, Apple Bloom.”

Fluttershy watched the sky almost in a daze. More and more Sparows were launching themselves and knocking themselves out as soon as they either missed their target and hit the ground or whenever Twilight diverted them away, also resulting in them hitting the ground. How much longer was this horridness going to last?

“Dagnabit!” Applejack cursed. “This ain’t right. This just ain’t right. We can’t go on like this.” Applejack stormed out of the barn and back into the trenches.

“A.J! Don’t do anythin’ hasty!” Big Macintosh called after her. “Or stupid.”

Applejack looked back at her older brother. “I may not be the smartest pony around, but I ain’t gonna sit her and wait for those derned Sparows to finish us all off.”

“A.J! Look out!” Big Macintosh suddenly cried.

Applejack whipped her head around. There were two yellow Sparrows aiming right for her. Apparently, her exit from the barn hadn’t gone unnoticed. Before she could even react, Big Macintosh butted her out of the way and took the full force of the two Sparows.

“Big Macintosh!” Applejack screamed and rushed to her brother’s side. “Big Macintosh, are you all right?”

Big Macintosh had been forced to his knees, but he opened an eye, wincing in pain, “Eeyup.” Despite his usual catchphrase, Big Macintosh was clearly not all right. He stood up slowly, his legs actually shaking under his own weight.

“Curses and mules!” Applejack screamed at the sky. “I’m your target, ain’t I, Big Red?!”

As if in answer, two red birds and a bundle of blue ones zipped across the sky. Applejack scooped up several apples, tossed them into the air and bucked them as hard as she could. All five hit their targets and the Sparows fell from the sky, unconscious. Then Applejack stood up on her hind legs, peered over the sandbags and shouted across the field.

“As Rarity would say: It. Is. On!”

Applejack jumped back into the trench and picked up more apples. As soon as more Sparows appeared in the sky, she bucked apples and knocked them down. Her berserker onslaught was actually enough to give Twilight a much-needed breather.

“Look! We’re winning again!” Scootaloo announced happily.

Spike cheered in the corner, but Fluttershy, Apple Bloom, Big Macintosh, and Sweetie Belle didn’t look particularly happy. All four of them realized that this really wasn’t much better nor was it helping resolve the problem.

Big Macintosh limped back to the barn and addressed Fluttershy. “Sorry. I would try to stop her, but it’s the only thing keepin’ us safe right now.”

Fluttershy bit her lip and watched Applejack take out more and more Sparows. There had to be some way to stop this. There just had to be.

Fluttershy started walking out of the barn.

“Fluttershy, where are you goin’?” Apple Bloom asked in concern.

“I’m going to try one more time,” Fluttershy told her. “I have to stop this.” Fluttershy stretched her wings and took off into the air.

Just as Applejack was about to buck more apples, she saw Fluttershy fly right over her. “Whoa there! Fluttershy, you crazy pony, get back here!”

But Fluttershy didn’t listen. She flew as fast as she could, crossing the field to the Sparows’ camp. As she did, she heard the sound of a bird calling. Looking directly in her path, she saw three red birds and a yellow. Fluttershy tried to scream, but she collided with all four of them and fell to ground, unconscious.

“Fluttershy!” Pinkie Pie yelled, having seen the whole affair from hayloft of the barn. “Applejack, Fluttershy is down!”

“No!” Applejack screamed in fury. Looking over the sandbags, she saw Fluttershy lying right in between the barn and the Sparows’ encampment. “Twilight! Big Macintosh! Cover me! I’m gonna go get her.”

“Major wajor incoming!” Pinkie Pie shouted.

Applejack looked up and paled. Four black Sparows and two white ones were coming her way. Applejack leaped away as two explosive eggs and four even more explosive Sparows exploded all around her. Black smoke filled the trench and nopony could see a thing.

As the smoke slowly cleared, Pinkie Pie used her binoculars to try to see down into the trench. Looking every which way, she suddenly spotted Applejack when she raised her head from where she had landed against the barn. She was covered in soot and had lost her helmet somewhere, but otherwise it looked like she was fine.

“Whew. That was a close one,” Pinkie shouted up to Twilight who was also looking down.

“Oh my gosh! Apple Bloom!” Twilight called when she saw the young filly galloping past the sandbags and out onto the open field.


Apple Bloom ran with tears forming in her eyes. This whole mess had started because she had tied to keep all those pigs a secret from Applejack. She had just wanted to prove that she could be responsible and maybe earn her cutie mark in the process, but she had never wanted any of this. Now, not only were Rarity and Rainbow Dash hurt, but Fluttershy and possibly Applejack as well. Apple Bloom just couldn’t take it anymore. If nothing else, she had to go out and save Fluttershy. She just wasn’t sure exactly how she was going to do that yet.

Several birds zoomed overhead, but most of them crashed behind her since she was a relatively small and fast target. Some came close to hitting her, but she managed to duck out of the way. As she finally approached Fluttershy, she tripped over her own hooves and tumbled the rest of the way, rolling to a stop right next to her. Shaking her head to get her bearings again, Apple Bloom almost screamed when she realized she was not the only one there. A red Sparow stood just on the other side of Fluttershy, staring at her with much the same shocked expression. It took Apple Bloom a moment to realize that he was considerably smaller than the other Sparows of the same color.

Abruptly the bird asked her, “Are you worried about Fluttershy too?”

“Huh? Uh… yeah. Are you?”

The bird looked at Fluttershy and rested a foot on her side as if to make sure she was breathing. “She nursed me back to health once. I could never forget that. My names Red Jr.”

“I’m Apple Bloom.” The two young kids looked at each other for a few moments. “So… here we are. Now what do we do?”

“I have no idea,” Red Jr. said, sounding more than worried.

Apple Bloom sighed. “Me neither.” Apple Bloom looked around, noting that the Sparows weren’t aiming at her anymore, possibly because Red Jr. was right there next to her. “I just wish all this fightin’ would stop.”

“My dad is pretty set in his ways. I don’t really want to fight either, but my dad is the boss, so the Sparows have no choice but to listen. They’re pretty pumped up from his speech yesterday anyway.”

Apple Bloom put her hooves on Fluttershy as well. Fluttershy thought talking was the solution. If only things could be that easy.


“Apple Bloom!” Twilight yelled again. “Apple Bloom just ran out there!” She yelled down to a slightly dazed Applejack.

“Say what? Apple Bloom?” Applejack jumped to her hooves. “That silly little filly. I thought she had more sense then that.” Applejack gathered up several apples in one arm and jumped over the sandbags. “Twilight, think you can cover me?”

“With what? I don’t-”

Applejack didn’t wait for an answer. She quickly spotted Apple Bloom sitting next to Fluttershy in the middle of the field and galloped towards her.

Carrying apples in one hoof while running was no easy task, but Applejack made her way across the open field with surprising speed. And no resistance. All was strangely quiet. Applejack looked ahead to the birds’ encampment and skidded to a halt. Apparently, upon seeing her charging, Big Red himself had jumped into a sling and aimed right at her. Applejack was not a pony to refuse a challenge. She raised her apples, preparing to turn and quickly buck them in interception of the leading Sparow’s attack. Everything was silent as the two prepared to face off once and for all, to the death.


Apple Bloom stared in horror as Applejack prepared to attack. She turned back to Fluttershy, still unconscious on the ground. How many casualties did there have to be because she had decided to hide those pigs? Red Jr. looked at Fluttershy as well, clear signs of remorse in his eyes. He was perhaps the only bird who wasn’t angry, except perhaps at himself.

“You don’t like this either, do ya?” She asked him.

Red Jr. shook his head. “No. I wanted to fight for our food, but not like this.”

“Ain’t there any way to stop em?”

The two of them continued to look at Fluttershy, who had risked her safety in an attempt to stop the fighting. She was so much braver than other ponies said of her when she found something she believed and cared dearly for. Apple Bloom made up her mind. But what could they do? They were just a filly and a young bird.

Apple Bloom thought quickly and, with little time left, came to a desperate conclusion. She leaned over to Red Jr. “You and I are both small, but our families care deeply about us. So if we’re gonna do somethin’ then how about we try this.”


Applejack was through waiting. She could easily buck her apples far enough to reach that red bird. Even from this distance, she could see that he wasn’t ready to wait either. She could practically see his angry eyes.

Applejack raised an apple… and paused. She saw Apple Bloom stand up on her hind legs in front of Fluttershy and open her arms. She was facing right at Applejack. It looked like she was trying to block a basketball shot or something… or maybe a bucked apple? It took Applejack a moment to realize that Apple Bloom was directly in her path from having a clear shot at Big Red.

Then she looked behind Apple Bloom. A rather small red Sparow had hopped on a rock and was facing the other way. If he had still had wings, Applejack could imagine he might have been in the same pose as Apple Bloom.

Looking into Apple Bloom’s face, she could see that the young filly was staring directly at her with a very determined look. For another few moments, Applejack stood there, barely realizing that Big Red hadn’t attacked yet.

“A.J?”

Applejack turned. Big Macintosh had managed to catch up with her. He nodded his head and smiled. Applejack turned back to Apple Bloom, who still stood there as if trying to block her way. No matter what happened now, it was all too possible for Apple Bloom or that small red Sparow to get hit somewhere in the crossfire of the fight.

Applejack sighed. “I know big brother, I know.” Silently, she dropped her apples.

Across the way in the birds’ camp, Applejack could see Big Red, still looking quite angry, but still not launching himself. For almost a full minute everypony and bird froze, seemingly waiting to see what would happen next.

Then, slowly, Big Red inched forward, letting the sling go slack.


Apple Bloom got down on all fours again and sighed in relief. Her crazy plan had actually worked. Her sister and the birds had stopped. Applejack was walking over alone and Big Red was slowly making his way over, unaccompanied as well.

Then Apple Bloom heard a small noise and saw Fluttershy stir.

“Oh! The Sparows! I’ve got to… huh?” Fluttershy looked around. “It’s quiet.” That’s when she saw Applejack and Big Red making their way over to her. Then she saw Apple Bloom and a small red Sparow. “What happened?”
“I think the war is over… I hope…,” Apple Bloom said, noticing Applejack’s expression. She didn’t look very pleased.
“Apple Bloom, that was the most reckless thing I’ve ever seen you do,” Applejack said angrily when she got closer. Apple Bloom lowered her head, but looked up again when Applejack smiled. “But I’m proud of you little sister. That took a lot of courage to do what you did.”

“Really?”

“We’ll talk about this later. I’m not sure what’s gonna happen next, but maybe that crazy stunt bought us a little time.”

Big Red stalked into the clearing, surprisingly not paying much attention to the ponies in front of him.

“Jr!” He shouted. “You better have a darn good explanation for siding with these beasts.”

“Beasts!? Why you little…,” Applejack started but Fluttershy held up her hooves.

“Wait a minute. Maybe we can talk about this.”

“I didn’t come here just to talk, little pony. I want you to surrender,” Big Red said.

“I ain’t surrenderin’ if it means losin’ Ponyville,” Applejack retorted.

“Sparows fight to the end, so you’ll have to beat us all down to win!”

“If that’s what I gotta do-”

“Applejack! Fluttershy’s right. We can’t be fightin’. We ain’t gettin’ nowhere. Everypony and bird is gettin’ hurt and it’s just makin’ everyone sad,” Apple Bloom interrupted.

“I agree father. We’ve never suffered so many injuries in past fights. There’s got to be something else we can do,” Red Jr. pleaded.

“Tell it to the ponies and pigs. They’re wrecking our livelihood,” Big Red shouted.

“And I’m plannin’ to take care of that. But you threatened Ponyville and I’m not gonna stand by and let you have it!” Applejack shouted back.

“Wait!” Fluttershy interrupted. “This has gone on long enough. We need to sit down and talk about this peacefully.”

“What’s that gonna do?” Applejack and Big Red said simultaneously.

“Well… it’s going to be peaceful.”

“Peaceful shmeashmul, Fluttershy. These birds are serious. They ain’t gonna listen.”

“Sparows are not peaceful. We fight for what we believe in. Are you asking us to break hundreds of years of tradition just so we can have some silly talk?”

“Peace isn’t silly. It’s wonderful.”

“But-” Applejack and Big Red started.

“Wonderful!” Fluttershy shouted, turning back and forth between the two, giving them her trademark Stare. Both earth pony and Sparow paled under her glare.

“Okay, okay. Let’s talk then,” Applejack said, taking a deep breath. “Dang. I didn’t know that thing was so terrifyin’.”

Big Red growled. “Fine.”

“Finally,” Fluttershy said relieved.

“Hey,” Applejack whispered to her, “Why didn’t you just give him the Stare to begin with?”

“I did the Stare?” Fluttershy answered horrified. “I’m sorry.”

“Oh boy…,” Applejack sighed.

“I don’t have all day little ponies. What are we talking about peacefully?” Big Red asked annoyed.

“Our battle,” Applejack answered. “What did ya think we were goin’ to talk about?”

“I don’t know. Pony things?”

“Now you’re just mockin’ me.”

“Applejack,” Both Fluttershy and Apple Bloom practically pleaded.

“I got it, I got it.” Applejack sighed. “Look Big Red, we don’t want to fight, but we don’t want to give up Ponyville either. I know how you feel about them pigs and frankly I didn’t want them all either. But you forced my hoof and I had to defend them cause you was going crazy out there with your huge army and everythin’.”

“It’s the Sparow way. Our way or the skyway. Deal with it.”

Applejack had to bite her tongue. She didn’t want the fight to continue. “I swear, I’m gettin’ rid of the extra pigs as soon as I can, but it’ll take some time so please give me at least a week to do that.”

“What do you mean extra? Get rid of all of them.”

“I started with four and I’m keepin’ four. If you got a problem with that then deal with it.”

“I just may have to.”

“No Mr. Big Red,” Fluttershy intervened. “What Applejack is trying to say is that four pigs won’t eat your food. Applejack can handle feeding that many so it won’t bother you. Is that okay?”

Big Red appeared to study the ground a moment before turning his slightly angry eyes back to the ponies. “Fine. You can keep four. But if they start eating our food again…,”

“I got it. I promise if they eat your food, then I’ll… well, I’ll compensate ya.” Big Red raised an eyebrow at this. “How about this, until I get homes for the extra pigs, I’ll let your clan eat as many of my apples as you want. In fact, I’ll even feed ya myself for the next week. All I ask is that you leave Ponyville be.”

“We’ve been eating your apples anyway. Have you forgotten whose land this is?”

“Listen you-”

“Applejack hang on,” Apple Bloom interrupted. “I don’t know who was here first but I don’t really think it matters either. We’ve been sharin’ this land for who knows how long and we been doin’ it peaceful-like too. I don’t see why it can’t say that way. Whaddaya say?”

Applejack sighed. “I suppose you got a point. We ain’t never had a conflict of interest before the pigs, so if you’re willin’ to let bygones be bygones then I don’t mind sharin’ the land again.”

Big Red clicked his tongue. He looked at his son who smiled hopefully.

“Fine. Done.”

Fluttershy and Apple Bloom sighed in relief.

“Is that it then?” Big Red asked.

“Well, I think so. I would shake on it, but seeing as you don’t have wings…,”

“Yeah. About that,” Big Red said angrily.

“We didn’t have any choice Mr. Big Red. We wouldn’t have been able to handle all those thousands of birds you had with you so we were desperate. My friend Twilight promises that you’ll get your wings back in a few days. If not, she’ll find a way to fix it herself,” Fluttershy assured him. Big Red looked skeptical for a moment but after glancing at his son again, he finally gave in.

“So does this mean the war between us is over?” Apple Bloom asked.

“I’ll have my warriors stand down. We Sparows always keep our word.”

“Yay,” Fluttershy said quietly.


“Dear Princess Celestia, War is a very dangerous occurrence and the fact that one happened in Sweet Apple Acres took me by surprise. We had to defend Applejack’s farm from some very determined birds who were bent on destroying ponykind as well as a few pigs. I’ll send you a more detailed report later but the gist of what I wanted to tell you is this: When two sides have a disagreement it can lead to a terrible fight and yet, as Fluttershy and Apple Bloom proved, not all conflicts have to end with anger and violence. No matter the differences, it is always possible to find something that the two sides can agree on, even if that means both have to give up something important to find it. Your faithful student, Twilight Sparkle.”

Twilight smiled, happy to have learned another lesson even if it wasn’t directly related to friendship. Then again, maybe it was. Two sides of war could also be looked at as two friends fighting. In any case, the fighting was over.

“Did you get that Spike?” Twilight asked.

“I’m sorry, what?” Spike said, looking up from a series of papers in his hands.

“Spike, were you even listening?”

“Uh… no. Sorry, I’m just putting the finishing touches on my memoirs. I’m telling you Twilight, these memoirs are gold,” Spike told her excitedly.

“Yeah, I’m sure. I hope you’ll be very successful Spike,” Twilight said sarcastically.

The sun was shining brighter than usual. It had taken most of the previous night but the trenches were filled up, and the sandbags and barbed wire were gone. Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, and Red Jr. were playing in the field with a ball. Closer to the partially destroyed barn, Applejack had set up a barbeque and she and Big Macintosh were frying up a big breakfast for their guests. Dozens of tables lined the farm where many a Sparow sat awaiting the beginning of their feast. Granny Smith rocked happily in her chair.

At the table in the front, Twilight and her other friends as well as Big Red himself waited patiently, talking of their past endeavor with mild amusement. War would probably never be an amusing topic but at least no one had been hurt… at least not too seriously. It would probably be a while before any of the black Sparows grew their feathers back and Rainbow Dash wouldn’t be flying for at least two weeks. Still, Applejack promised her two weeks of free breakfast if she didn’t try to strangle the nearest Sparow. In that light, Rainbow had been a good sport and even brought some of the ingredients for that morning’s feast.

“This is really strange sitting at the table of a sworn enemy instead of fighting for what rightfully belongs to us,” Big Red muttered.

“Look on the bright side Mr. Big Red, Applejack already found some buyers for the extra pigs and they’ll be gone within the week. And in the meantime you’re getting a nice home cooked meal instead of scrounging for food like you normally do,” Fluttershy said sweetly.

“I suppose. In the least we’ll be free to eat again once those pigs are gone.”

“Is this going to go well?” Rarity whispered to Pinkie Pie. “This is a lot of mouths to feed for just two ponies to cook for. This feast could take all day.”

“That makes it like a party. I should have brought some party favors. Oh, wait! I did. I’ve got party poppers.”

“No!” Rarity cautioned. “Nothing that will spook the Sparows. I’ve had enough of tossing kamikaze birds around and getting blown up.”

“It wasn’t that bad.”

“That’s because you got out of this without a scratch.”

“Sure did!”

“Okay, quite down everypony. Breakfast is served,” Applejack announced, balancing several plates of food on her nose. She skillfully sat a plate down in front of each of her guests at the first table, inviting them to dig in.
“About time. I’m starved,” Rainbow said, immediately digging into the food.”
Rarity rolled her eyes. “Have some manners Rainbow. At least put a napkin around your neck…,”

Apparently, only Fluttershy was listening because Pinkie Pie, Twilight, and Spike started eating too. Fluttershy shrugged and gave Rarity a smile. She was just happy there were no more problems. Everyone else at the table was eating. Except for one.

Big Red stared at his plate. “What is this?” He asked, pointing to a strange substance on the side of his breakfast dish, with his beak.

“Scrambled eggs. You can’t have breakfast without eggs can ya?” Applejack said with a smile.

“Eggs?” Big Red stared at the plate again. “Where did you get these eggs?”

“Well… uh… Rainbow Dash, where did you get these eggs from?”

“Found em,” Rainbow answered stuffing her mouth full of eggs.

“Whaddaya mean you found em? Found em where?”

“Out in the orchards. Why? Aren’t they from your chickens or something?”

“Why would I let my chickens lay eggs out in the orchards?” Applejack suddenly noticed Big Red shaking and his eyes practically burning.

“You found these eggs in the orchards?” Steam erupted from Big Red’s head and he exploded. “We Sparows lay our eggs out in those orchards! You dare feed us our own eggs!?”

Rainbow Dash, Pinkie Pie, and Twilight stopped chewing and stared at each other a moment before spitting out the eggs. Fluttershy and Rarity paled. Big Macintosh tried to hide the frying pan behind his back. Applejack’s ears drooped. Spike kept eating, thinking about his memoirs.

“Now hang on a minute there Big Red. This is just a big misunderstandin’,” Applejack tried to comfort him but Big Red started hopping up and down.

“This is an atrocity! Sparows! Prepare the slings!”

“Ah, crud,” Applejack said miserably.

“Well, here we go again,” Granny Smith suddenly said.

The End?

Comments ( 16 )
#1 · Oct 20th, 2011 · · ·

Your crazy! ....now I just have to read it...

O_o an MLP/Angry Birds crossover? What are you, crazy? I'll have to read this sometime.

did anyone else read big red's lines in a french accent?

I'll read this later.

Wow, that's TERRIBLE!
Shame on you, Rainbow Dash! :flutterrage:

Wow smart leads feed a bird a birds egg Herp derp that seems smart.. Deeeeerrrr....

2071195

Funny thing is, I don't know much about Angry Birds either. Not particularly proud of this one...

What Twilight said to Celestia about war is very true.

Something's not right about the barbecue... Just sayin'

The End?

Well, their f**ked.

CUE THE MUSIC!

Comment posted by MatTheBook deleted Jun 15th, 2022
Comment posted by MatTheBook deleted Jun 15th, 2022
Login or register to comment