• Published 4th Feb 2014
  • 13,989 Views, 374 Comments

A Demon In Ponyville - Terciel1249



Mathew fell into Equestria after being cast out by mankind. With no way to return home, Mathew will have to find his way in this land of talking multicolored ponies.

  • ...
52
 374
 13,989

A Trap of the Changelings and the King of Shadows

A Demon in Ponyville
Ch. 25: The Trap of the Changelings and the King of Shadows
Disclaimer: I do not own the rights to MLP or any of its related media.

Deep in the Badlands, far from the reach of Equestria and its allies stood the spiral mounds of the Changeling hive. Beneath the surface of the baked land, were twisting tunnels of shifting black mineral and green like glass. These structures stood for thousands of years. Under the constant care of the changelings, the mixture of sand and saliva created a unique mineral that was strong and aesthetically pleasing to the eye.

The central of such a large hive were building structures of a more circular design that allowed foot traffic on both floor and ceiling. Changelings, much like their bug counterparts, were about the efficiency of a structure. There was very little in terms of personnel artifacts or personality in the cavern like room held in the homes.

Surrounded by the living quarters was the palace itself. It stood tall, spiraling towers of awe inspiring visuals. The structure shown with an internal green light from the many shafts allowing the sun’s light to filter into the city. An artist or poet would weep at such an alien sight of beauty. It stood as a testament to the power and perseverance to the Changeling hive.

Moving through the pristine walls of her palace, Chrystalis limped as fast a she could with General Thrall close by. “I want all the Changelings ready to mobilize! Have the leaders in the Throne room as soon as possible. We will strike Equestria while its week.”

“Uh… How are they week?” Thrall asked, trying to follow his Queen’s train of thought.

“Our attack will have weakened the pony’s sense of security! They will be distrustful of their neighbor and we will use that distrust to seep into their homes and positions of power! We will have our Revenge!” Chrysalis’s voice cut through the air and assaulted the ears of the General.

“Why are you yelling? I’m right here.”

“Because I will have them! All of the ponies will be ours,” the Queen of the Changelings seethed with utter rage.

“But the field reports say that the Equestrians haven’t been effected,” Thrall shook his head, trying to ease the migraine growing behind his eyes and talk sense into the Queen.

“Does not matter! We will march of Equestria!” Chrysalis snapped, reaching the large double doors to her throne.

Unlike the rest of the Changeling hive, the Queens throne was a gaudy thing of precious metals and priceless stones. The large lavish silken cushion stood red against the shining metal. When her eyes found the throne not empty, Chrysalis shrieked, “What are you doing in my chair Trakeena?”

Sitting silently on the throne was the only changeling who could ever oppose the queen. The Princess was a full head shorter than her mother, her long hair a light lavender color the same as her eyes. She was looking at her mother in the most peculiar way. It wasn’t happiness or joy. It was a controlled resentment. Her eyes were analyzing the Queen. And what she found as either disgusting or distasteful to her eyes.

“Mother.”

“Get off the throne this instant hatchling! You have no right to it!

With well practiced grace, Trakeena hopped off the throne. Her eyes never left her mother’s, “Really? I’m not worthy. Who was the one who infiltrated a nation to large for us to ever hope to contain? Who brought attention to us? We who have always been able to thrive in the shadows and the dark? We never killed and we never brought unwanted suffering to the hive. You however had changed us from silent infiltrators to conquerors. You have caused the death for dozens of changelings in you mad rage to take Equestria. You have failed the hive because of your hatred and madness.”

“What are you saying daughter?” the Queen asked, venom lacing every word and bleeding from her eyes.

Thankfully the General slowly backed away from the Queen. He would not and could not come between the raging rulers of the hive. That was to go against the hive.

“I’m saying you are not fit to be Queen,” Trakeena’s voice was calm, almost as if she was commenting on the weather.

The words sunk into the thick skull of Chrysalis. When they were finally registered, the Queen could not help but laugh. Her voice rose and fell, echoing in the high arched chambers. She could not contain the ridiculousness of the situation. Her own daughter was trying to take her position.

For what felt like an eternity, the Queen could final get enough air in her lungs to speak. “And what makes you think you can take the throne for yourself?”

“I already have,” Trakeena answered simple.

Thrall turned to the door. He could just make out the soft padding of hooves from the doorway. He was surrounded and needed to make a fast decision.

Chrysalis only appeared amused at her daughter’s sudden rebelliousness. “And how have you already done that? As far as I know, I’m still alive.”

“True, but all of your generals and support are dead. Any-ling who would stand were killed by my supporters the moment they reached the city,” Trakeena did not appear concerned by the green glow starting to illuminate her mother’s horn. “Though I will admit Thrall has his surpises.”

Chrysalis spun around, finding the smoking bodies of six Changeling soldiers in the open archway. Before the Queen could find her missing General, a sharp pain entered her chest. Slowly, mechanically she looked down. Bright green fluid bubbled out from the hole in her black chitin.

Jaggedly, she turned back to the betrayer, her very own flesh and blood. The look on Trakeena’s face was impassive. Even through the empathetic senses gifted to her kind, she could only feel the cold emptiness of nothing. For the first time, she was alone.

Again Trakeena’s horn flashed, sending a spear of green light through her mother’s chest. The old Queen fell to her knees. She continued to fire spell after spell into her mother. For so many years she watched her mother force the changelings into harsh times, unfair love rations and prevented the priming of changelings’ eggs.

Now was a new era, all thanks to the visions of the Shadow pony.

When she finally finished, Trakeena turned from the smoldering remains of her Queen. She looked at the lavished gold throne. It was a hideous design and needed to be cleansed from the Hive.

“You did quite well, young Queen,” the hiss of the serpent’s tongue slid into the ear of the Changeling Queen.

“I do not need your acceptance, Sombra!” she snapped, her gut clenched knowing that a price would have to be paid. He was responsible for breaking Chrystalis’s hold on the Hive. The Shadow King slid into the fears of her subjects, forcing them to turn against the biological desire to serve the Queen.

“Of course,” the grey pony materialized before her on the silken seat. “While I do believe this throne clashes with the décor, it is a comfortable seat.”

“I do not care for your games pony,” Trakeena held her emotions tightly in her grasp. She couldn’t let them go now. The king before her was full of tricks and she didn’t need another enemy on this day. “Name the price for your service.”

“Straight to business I see,” King Sombra nodded in approval, “What I want is a single item. It held in the depths of Canterlot, inside the Royal Vault.”

“You mean the vault that is protected by the most powerful magic of the Two Sisters?” the changeling could only sigh in exasperation. “You know it’s impossible right? Even with the combined power of all the Changelings, we cannot break a seal placed by the two alicorns. With one, we could take our time and erode the seal in a couple of weeks. But two is too strong.”

“Oh don’t worry about that,” King Sombra smiled, “Let’s just say I’ve walked into Tartarus and found just the right person to deal with the magic. All I need you to do is be in the crystal mines under Canterlot when the time is right. When the magic’s gone, you sneak in and grab this.” With a wave of crimson magic, a scroll appeared before the changeling.

“And what would you need with such an old artifact?” Trakeena asked, her curiosity was peeked at the design and ancient scroll.

“That’s for me to know.”

“Very well,” Trakeena nodded, “After that, we are done.”

0 0 0

In the deep chasms of the Ghastly Gorge, Matthew stood tall his forelegs curled as he concentrated. After a couple of weeks, Matthew was bored. That’s a lie. Without torturing Twilight’s family, things in Ponyville were either weird or boring.

It got a little exciting when that weird stretchy pony was visiting,He was hilarious. I think his name was Cheese Sandwich.Other than that, the golden pony was trying to placate his standard boredom and Twilight doing something about little fairy looking things.If Breezies need pony help with the wind, how did they survive in nature before the ponies? I mean this makes no sense. Charles Darwin rolling in his grave right now.

These were but the standard thoughts for the former hybrid. Life was just too peaceful here, he needed a little action and excitement.And not that excitement this morning.Seeing Twilight sick was something Matthew did not want to think about,It kinda detracts from the sexy nerd factor.

After getting her some stomach aid and food, he returned to work at the Apple Farm. Because the rules of Equestria, like all society, he needed money to survive. After that, a few hours of deep training in a gorge full of sharp rocks, dangerous plants and giant eels.Death makes training even better.

His muscles tightened under his fur, veins pulsing against his skin. The power was welling inside him. The intense mixture of Light and Darkness burned his very soul trying to burst from his flesh. He continued to force the connection, sweat developing on his brow. He had to push his flesh to the limit, to burst through the flesh’s limitation and achieve his true power.

The ground shook, hot air exploded from his form. The flesh and muscles was trying to tear itself apart from the Power. The eels shook in the deep burrows. The raging tremors intensified the more the pony forced his power to rise. If he didn’t stop, their home would be destroyed by the sheer force.

Almost there,the stallion shouted inside his head, putting all his will and focus on achieving that power. The Power that placed him above the fallen angel and lead to the fateful finally battle. Where both friend and foe fell as Lucifer did.

A sharp, spitting lightning bolt burst from the center of his head. He screamed, dropping back on all fours. The magic cracked and spluttered from the offending horn in the center of his head.

His deep dark eyes looked to the appendage. It was holding him back, keeping him from rising to his full potential.

Matthew took several calming breaths, his mind trying to figure out what to do with the magic mojo sticking out of his head.

“Hi.”

“Holy sh**!” he screamed, spinning around to find a grey mare with a light purple mane. Her hair was straight and dry, like her voice. She watched him slamming a hoof against his chest, trying to keep his heart from bursting from his ribs. “Don’t do that! You scared the be-jesus out of me.”

“Hi!”

“AH!” the stallion screamed again, spinning to find the happy, bubbly personality of Pinkie Pie. “Dammit Pinkie! I told you to stop doing that! It’s very unnerving.”

“Sorry,” the pink pony smiled; clearly showing she was not sorry what-so-ever. “I was just taking my sister Maud around to show her the Ghastly Gorge. Then I saw you and thought you should totally meet my sister. Maud this is Matthew. Matthew, this is my sister Maud.”

The stallion turned to the mare, “Nice ta meech ya.” He held out his hoof. Maud had a wonderful grip. It was firm and tough. He could feel the strength in the limb and was genuinely impressed.

“It’s so nice to meet the pony that saved Pinkie,” the grey mare said.

Her voice was so dry. The gold pony had to wet his own lips. “Give a minute. That normally passes.”

“I’m not surprised. You seem like as a**hole,” she responded with the same dry, almost bored tone.

The two ponies stared at each other, their eyes studying the other. Then a smile broke out on his golden muzzle, “You’re pretty cool. We should hang out.” One of the corners of Maud’s mouth lifted slightly.

“Great!” Pinkie Pie yelled, wrapping a foreleg around both of the ponies’ necks. “You two can hang around here while I get the surprise ready.”

“Is it hookers?”

“No.”

“And like that you lost me,” Matthew shook his head.

In a blur of pink, the party pony was gone. Maud motioned towards the Gorge, “Wanna go find some sediment in here. We might find something interesting.”

“Sure,” He shrugged, “I could wrestle some of eels. It’s a good stress reliever.”

“I know. It really mellows me out after a day of digging.”

When Pinkie Pie found them again, she was slightly horrified at the sight of six bleeding and knotted eels begging for mercy. Maud and Matthew were calmly sitting atop their improvised cushion. The grey pony was holding a unique formation of crystals that appeared to be close to coral. The gold pony was looking at his own piece, listening as the geologist explained its properties.

Pinkie dragged both ponies to the rest of the Mane Six, finding the other five mares standing before a bizarre obstacle course. Pinkie explained what each stage was and how they would bring her friends closer to her sister.

Matthew was interested when Maud came to the rescue after Pinkie’s leg got stuck between a shifting bolder. He would have saved her, but big sister was already on the job.

With a quick hug, Pinkie and the rest of the Mane Six had a moment and shared what they learned today.It might have been important. I don’t know.

Pinkie turned to the obstacle course, “Well looks like this is a bust.” Turning towards the gold pony, she said, “Alright Matthew, blow it up.”

“No! Not the fabric!” screamed Rarity, seeing the piles of fabric Pinkie Pie borrowed to make her course.

Unfortunately, Rarity was too slow on her warning or Matthew wasn’t listening. The hill burst into an explosion of black energy and air. The rest of the day was not as enjoyable as that singular moment.

That night, Matthew slid under the covers with Twilight.

Twilight tolerated this manly because he kept bugging her until she relented and allowed him to stay. He said it was to ‘get closer as a couple.’ Twilight however would use this opportunity to push his buttons as much as he did hers. Her revenge was a dish best served cold.

She would whisper sweet things into his ear. And when he was ready to go, she’d say something like ‘I have a headache’ or ‘that’s for today.’

“Bitch! I love you but you are giving me a serious case of blue balls here,” he would said while storming out.

“Where are you going?” she would call in feign interest.

“Basement.”

When the night was over and Matthew woke up to the early sunrise, he turned to find a rather unusual sight. “I might not be a doctor, but you should probably see one for that.”

“Shut up!” the purple alicorn snapped from next to the toilet boil, “I’ll fillet you alive if you don’t get me something.”

“Alright, what do you want?”

“Pepto, lots of it and tell Spike I’ll be down for breakfast later,” her head rested on the cool edge of the toilet.

Normally the stallion she shared a bed would be giving his sacrifice to the hangover gods, but seeing Twilight in the position was just plain weird. “Alright, see you in a few. Love you,” he called over his shoulder before leaving the room.