• Published 4th Feb 2014
  • 1,915 Views, 176 Comments

Our Pasts That Haunt Us - Dynasty-Kaine



Rainbow Dash's past could come back to bite her in the flank long before the new love she just found with her friend Applejack. Will their friend Pinkie Pie be able to protect them, or will they be lost to a vengeful heart? -ANTHRO-

  • ...
34
 176
 1,915

Chapter 2: Like The Wind Through My Hair

The sun shone down sleepily on the two mares as they sat there holding one another. Applejack found quickly that she didn't want the embrace to end, but she came to a realization that hit her like a ton of bricks. Rainbow had been watching her for at least two hours, and her lunch break couldn't have covered that. She broke the embrace first and the cyan mare looked a little confused at AJ's sudden panic.

"Shug, don't you still have work to go back to?" AJ inquired with worry in her voice.

Rainbow's eyes flew open, "Oh sweet Celestia, I totally spaced on that!"

Applejack stood up and reached out a hand to help her friend up. Her friend grabbed her arm and the orange mare pulled, a little harder than she had intended. The result was Dash flying up and smashing into AJ knocking them both over again. This ended with Rainbow Dash laying atop Applejack heavily, pinning her down. The orange mare quickly noticed Dash's reactions. As she stared into Rainbow's eyes she saw the intense blush building and her wings stretched wide open and erect. The blonde mare found it quite difficult to resist the temptation to lean up and kiss the rainbow maned bombshell in front of her.

Rainbow Dash quickly flapped her wings getting herself up this time turning away from Applejack in utter embarrassment. The farm mare slightly got up stopping to lean on her left elbow, while quickly observing Dash's figure. She had such a lovely athletic figure body toned down rigorously. She wore tighter blue denim shorts today, and a semi loose, on her, dark blue tank top. Dash's bust significantly less than her own, was actually quite appealing to AJ. Though those magenta eyes held more intrigue and mystery than a thousand of Twilight's mystery based books.

It was hard to understand entirely for Applejack. On one hand she did enjoy the feeling of this moment, but she did also enjoy what she had experienced with stallions before. Could she enjoy the affections of both equally, or did she have to choose was what she would find herself often wondering in vain. She knew that right now though that she was one hundred percent attracted to the rainbow haired mare in front of her, and that was perfectly fine for her.

"Uh, hey AJ, you enjoying looking me up and down that much?" Rainbow Dash broke into the orange mare's thoughts.

She just realized she was looking Dash up and down with a grin apparent on her face. She blushed heavily at being noticed, instinctively pulling her stetson down to cover her face slightly.

"Aw shucks Dash, Ah'm sorry. Ah jus' couldn't resist lookin' ya over like yall did me." AJ returned eliciting more embarrassed reactions from the pegasus in front of her.

Rainbow then turned and faced Applejack a nervous look written across her face as she started, "S-So Jackie...we've both agreed we are, well, attracted to each other..."

"Yes sugar, that we did. What of it now?" Applejack inquired gently, as she pulled herself up to a sitting position.

Rainbow Dash kicked at the ground nervously as she continued, "Wh-Where are we gonna go from here?"

The orange farm mare stood up and sauntered over to her friend, "Well there's plenty we can do from here, but mah only question to ya Dashie...Is where do yall want it ta go?"

Dash hesitated for a moment as AJ got close and placed her hands on the cyan mare's hips.

"W-Well, we should start things off with some kind of date first. Maybe see where it goes from there?" the rainbow maned mare replied at last breaking from the haze AJ seemed to place over her mind.

Applejack found her immediately railing off a time and place, "Sugarcube corner, roughly 7 o'clock tonight?"

Applejack stared into Rainbow's eyes with a veiled seduction, begging her to say yes. Her friend looked around considering things for a quick moment that seemed to stretch out forever to the straw blonde farmer. "W-Was she going to say no? Had she come on too strong to her friend?" AJ worried frantically for a moment before Dash made an indication of speaking.

"You're on Applejack!" The rainbow maned mare replied with a hesitant, yet strong, fire in her eyes.

Applejack pulled her close and gave her friend a quick peck on her cheek.

"Alright hon, yall had better get back to work before ya get in too much trouble."

"Yeah of course Jackie!" Rainbow said as she turned to go.

"Dashie..." AJ Shouted before her friend took off,"...see ya tonight, gorgeous!"

Rainbow Dash blushed bright red before waving and taking flight once again, bolting straight to the weather office for Ponyville. Applejack tilted her stetson up and looked into the sky, the wind gently blowing through her hair. It made her feel so free to just let out the feelings that she had, until a few seconds ago, had such great reservations about. Now she just felt stupid for second guessing her hearts honest feelings.

She smiled as she turned around collecting the baskets of apples and transporting them to a cart a short distance away. After a while, the cart now full, she headed off to find her brother Big Macintosh. She found him only a short distance away walking casually around the trees inspecting all of his younger sister's work. His expression was mute as usual chewing on a bit of straw thoughtfully. Sometimes Applejack really wanted to know what ran through that stallion's mind, but on second thought that could be dangerous.

"Ey, Big Mac!" She called to her brother.

He looked her way replying, "Heya sis. You doin' okay?"

Her brother only spoke when something bothered him, and in this case it was probably over AJ's well-being. It always warmed Applejack's heart to know she had such a loving family. Then AJ began to wonder about her planned date tonight. Her family had no idea that she had recently developed feelings for another mare, and it sparked a tinge of worry in her heart.

"Oh Ah'm just fine big brother!" AJ said with a bright smile and a bounce in her step.

Had what just transpired between her and Rainbow Dash put such a positive charge to her personality? Applejack wasn't sure but the overall change in attitude was enough for Big Mac. He smiled genuinely and nodded walking over to his sister and embracing her in a big warm hug. It was another odd thing the farm mare had never confronted entirely, her brother gave the warmest and most encompassing hugs. It always felt like in those arms of his, she would always be safe. She shook her head roughly to clear the thought from her mind; she shouldn't be thinking like that she scolded herself.

Their hug parted Big Mac looked to his sister and asked, "Ya called me, so what is it you were needin' Applejack?"

"Well Ah jus' finished in the western fields, and Ah was wonderin' iffin ya could grab the carts an get 'em in tonight?" the orange mare asked kindly through her rustic accent.

Big Mac tilted his head clearly confused, "The way yall said that, ya sound like you dun have time to lend a hand. Are you busy tonight?"

Applejack smiled deviously, "Ah may have plans tonight with another pony."

Big Mac looked at her plainly and replied, "Rainbow Dash?"

"Yeah Rainbow--Wait what? Big Mac how did ja know about that?" the blonde mare replied in surprise.

"The party last week. Yall were acting awfully comfy with one another all night. Not ta mention that dance." The stallion replied nonplussed.

Applejack blushed and scratched the back of her head, "Were we that obvious?"

"Eeyup. Least ta me you were." He replied gently following with, "You get along now and get ready fer your night. Ah've got yur back...this time."

The orange earth pony couldn't restrain herself from throwing her arms around her brother in a great big hug. She felt his body against hers and said to herself, "In another universe, Ah'm sure ah know much more intimately what yer body is capable of big brother, but that universe ain't this one in any way!" With this thought she laughed inwardly.

Breaking the hug she began running back to the farm house to get ready for her date with Rainbow Dash. It was a good thing Applebloom was at a crusader sleep over at Rarity's home tonight, it took away the nosy little filly from her preparations. She still wondered how her grandmother would react to what she was up to. The sun was starting its decent into the west, and the farm mare knew she would have a limited time to get ready--an hour or so at most.

She got into the house to find Granny Smith asleep in her old rocking chair; that would make things much easier. She headed upstairs to her room and rummaged through her clothes for something decent to wear tonight. Applejack wasn't usually one to dress to impress but tonight she felt compelled to do so. Only issue was she would never know how Rainbow planned on dressing for tonight. She held outfit after outfit up to her frame inspecting herself in the mirror in her room, and each time she cast aside the outfits she tried.

"Aw forget it!" Applejack exclaimed giving up with her prior task she walked over to the closet.

She opened it up brazenly revealing the dress she had worn but a week ago. It was short for her being just down to her knees, and very form fitting. She didn't see any reason Dash would have to object to this choice, but now came the hard part that she never enjoyed doing. She tossed her hat onto the bedpost, headed to the shower just across the hall from her room, and closed the door. She sat her make-up and dress down upon the counter and walked over to the shower quickly drawing up a hot shower. She worked at getting her tight fitting jeans off, before unbuttoning her shirt and throwing it aside. Her underwear and bra next to go were easily taken off and tossed aside as well.

She hopped into the shower and let the heated water flow over her body, washing the dirt and dried sweat from her pelt. Her hair down with water running through it like rivers to the ground, she was determined to make her hair as soft as it was the night of the dance. Applejack was suddenly quite aware of how out of character she seemed to be, she was never this purposefully feminine before. She smiled affectionately before mumbling, "If this is what truly carin' about someone does ta me, then ah think ah can get used to it..."

Applejack couldn't explain why she felt this strongly about things so quickly, but she resolved that no matter what she had to stay true to what she felt. Though she admitted to herself, that it might be prudent to at least try to keep things with Dash at a casual pace. She was finishing up and she stepped out of the shower grabbing a towel and wrapping it around herself after doing a quick rub down of her body. She wiped the steam out of the mirror, but what she saw was far from normal. Instead of the way she normally looked she saw her face darkened and covered in cuts, scratches, and bruises. Applejack screamed in terror at the sight before her falling to the ground in shock.

She sat there a moment before getting up and looking in the mirror again, the image gone now.

"Wh-What in tarnation was that?" AJ breathed out heavily checking her face to make sure what she saw was just an illusion.

The orange mare chalked it up to her mind playing tricks on her because physically she was exhausted. She wasn't about to let one hallucination ruin her night though. She began the long arduous process of drying herself and her hair fully still wary of the mirror in front of her. Combing out her hair, adding eyeliner, and a golden eye shadow working her appearance until it was hard to tell it was the same Applejack. She wondered just how Dash could even hope to match her looks tonight, competition was something that they would always share. AJ didn't think there was the slightest hope she would lose to Dash this evening, but it piqued her interests to imagine the cyan mare outdoing her.

Applejack had gathered her things together and put them in her purse as she headed downstairs carefully. Granny Smith was still sleeping softly in her rocking chair despite the scream earlier. She was grumbling about some silly younguns or something, but the orange mare knew it was incoherent gibberish. She looked up at the clock as she strode on out the front door 6:38. She had plenty of time to make it to Sugarcube Corner by 7, and if she was lucky Dash would do all she could to be there first. The night ahead held so much potential, and Applejack was taking her first steps toward finding out how she could possibly love a mare.

Author's Note:

Once again any and all readers, I hope you enjoyed this tale. I hope to get as much feedback as possible on the story. If you up voted or down voted I'd still like to know why even if its just to say,"Hey nice job on the story." or "Eh this story just isn't my thing."
Anything is better than nothing! =^w^= Till next time Take care everyone!