• Published 3rd Feb 2014
  • 722 Views, 10 Comments

A Simple Repair - MajorFrostwing



A simple shack on the edge of a cliff A simple A.W.G. repairman lives fixing the Aura Wings of others. When he catches a trespasser on his testing course. He tries to catch them they end up crashing. Who is this trespasser?

  • ...
7
 10
 722

Part 10: Family of Pain

A Simple Repair
Part 10: The Family of Pain

By: Major Frostwing

I sat in my home finishing up some designs for the new upgrades for the A.W.G. I looked over to Serith smiling. "It's good that I finally got that date with Rainbow but this time there will be no interruptions." I looked down at the design I had drawn Rainbow Dash in the corner I was frustrated that I let my hand do what it wanted. "Stop betraying me hand this is the thirteenth time you have done this." I scolded my hand sighing. "OK I think it is time to begin the preparations for the date." I stood up looking at the design I took my pen writing the name for the new design. "The Dash" I smiled at the name.

I heard a knock at my door I walked over to it smiling but my smile disappeared when I saw who was at the door I moved quickly grabbed them pulling them in by the throat slamming them into the wall. "What do you want?" I stared at the woman I pulled into my home.

"Can't a mother say hello to her son." The woman said I let go moving away from her.

"No she can not." I was cold towards my mother she had treated me and my brother horribly teaching us if we wanted something we should just take it. I never took her words to heart unlike my brother. "Make this quick I have somewhere to be." I turned away from her pulling Serith onto my back.

"It's your father Frost he is dying." My blood ran cold at those words. "He wants you to come see him before his time is up." I turned towards my mother her arms were crossed she seemed to be annoyed.

"Where is he?" I asked I would have to postpone my plans for a bit to go see him.

"Cloudsdale same as always." She huffed looking around my workshop. "This place is trash why didn't you move back in after you killed your team?" She asked trying to get a reaction out of me.

I pushed past her out of my home. "If I come back and you are still here I will not be as kind as I have been." I glared at her taking off into the air racing off towards Cloudsdale. I had to see the man who made me who I am today.

----------------------------------------------------

Rainbow Dash was sitting outside her home. She didn't have to work today so she decided to be lazy. "I am supposed to meet Frost at the Golden Flower at seven and then we can go for a flight afterwards." She squealed in delight she didn't show this side of herself to many ruined her image. A black streak formed across the horizon Rainbow watched it closely. "That's Frost. But where is he going?" She questioned standing up taking off towards the streak.

I was flying faster than what I normally did to keep ahead of that horrible woman who called herself my mother. I saw a Rainbow streak flying towards me. "Rainbow..." I sighed slowing to a stop for her to catch up to me. She slowed to me.

"Where are you going in such a hurry Frost?" I sighed looking towards Cloudsdale sadly. She placed a hand on my shoulder I looked over to her she looked worried. "Frost what happened?" I didn't want her to worry but I can't lie to her not again.

"It's my father I have to go see him at Cloudsdale General Care. He has requested to see me before he dies." I turned back to the floating city. "I have to hurry." I began to drift towards the city.

Rainbow grabbed my hand. "Then lets hurry." She smiled to me lightly as we both took off towards Cloudsdale as fast as we could. When we finally arrived we ran straight for the hospital.

------------------------------------------------------

"Can you tell me what room Brigadier General Afterburner is?" I questioned the receptionist. He turned away from me helping someone else who wasn't even in a rush. I slammed my fist on the counter. "I NEED TO KNOW WHERE HE IS!" I yelled everyone in the waiting room turned towards me. The receptionist turned towards me he waved me away. I reached over grabbing the man by the shirt dragging him face to face with me. "Either you tell me or I will turn this hospital upside down finding him. He nodded telling me where his room was. "Was that so bucking hard." I said throwing him back into his chair.

"Frost calm down." I looked back at Rainbow she looked more worried than before.

"I'm sorry Rainbow I have to see him." I wasn't in a good mood but I couldn't afford to be nice to people who didn't want to cooperate. I went to the elevator pressing the button for my father's floor. When we arrived I ran for his room. Took a little longer than I wanted finding his room. Opening the door I saw my father in bed hooked up to so many machines it made my heart sink.

He turned to see me he smiled happily. "Frost it's so good to see you after so long." I smiled walking up to him I leaned down hugging him gently. He patted my back. "I'm glad you got my message hopefully your mother didn't give you to much trouble." He chuckled.

"No that woman didn't give me trouble I just want to know what happened." I stood up looking over I saw Rainbow enter the room.

"That can wait Frost who is this lovely beauty you brought with you." I saw Rainbow blush she smacked me upside the head. I shot her a confused look she only huffed. "I can see she acts just like Thunderstrike." He said chuckling whole heartily before falling into a coughing fit.

"Dad this is Rainbow Dash The fastest flier in all of Equestria." I smiled watching Rainbow rub the back of her head embarrassed.

"Well it is a pleasure to see Frost finally found himself a girlfriend." He chuckled again I was embarrassed by that statement Rainbow shot me a confused look I only shrugged.

"It is a pleasure to meet you sir." Rainbow smiled extending her hand. Dad only looked at the hand he motioned for her to come closure. She did he wrapped her in a hug whispering something to her I couldn't hear him. When he let go he smack her butt which resulted in me being placed face first onto the ground having a foot in the back of my head.

"What did I do?" I mumbled out.

"I can't hurt him so I will hurt you instead." Rainbow's logic was half sound but the other half still confused me.

--------------------------------------------------------

After a few more minutes the doctors came in ushering us to leave. I had found out what was wrong with my father but he could still recover from it nothing to severe but still had a chance to kill him. "He will be fine." I said smiling he was healthy besides that cough but that will pass. I looked over to Rainbow she was being quiet I grabbed her hand gently. I saw her smile. "You ok Rainbow?" I asked her she turned to me smiling but I saw a tear forming.

"Yea Frost I'm ok just some things on my mind." I saw the tear fall I stopped her pulling her into a hug. I felt her shaking as she returned the hug.

"What's wrong Rainbow this isn't like you?" I was more than just concerned for her. "What happened?" I had a fleeting guess as to what it was.

"It's nothing Frost just a very old memory of something I never had." Her words cut my heart to pieces. "I will be fine Frost." She pulled away smiling but the tears were still there. I reached up placing my hand on her cheek gently I wiped away a tear smiling.

"You shouldn't cry Rainbow." I said watching her carefully I saw the tears stop she blushed looking up at me. I felt her punch me in the stomach.

"I wasn't crying I just had something in my eye." She tried to brush it off. Now that's the Rainbow Dash I know.

"OK come on we got dinner to go to." I smiled taking to the sky Rainbow quickly followed me happily.