• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 783 Views, 44 Comments

The Lie - Aquah3art



Scootalo tells her story about how her life was when she was young

  • ...
2
 44
 783

Chapter 1 - Fighting

Scootalo sat in her bed, waiting for her mother to say goodnight to her. Looking outside she sighed, "I wish mommy and daddy would stop fighting" she murmured to herself as her bedroom door swung open and she jumped up with a scream.

"Calm down, Scootalo, your going to make the neighbor's wake up!" her mother's voice came from the doorway as she giggled.

"Sorry mom, you just scared me!" Scootalo squeaked as her mother sat down next to her, "Hey mom can I ask you something?" she said as her mother looked into her eyes.

"Of course my dear" her mom said, "Is something wrong?" she asked with a bit of worry in her tone.

Scootalo's eyes filled up uncontrollably with tears, "Actually, mom, yes there is something wrong" her voice crackled, "Why do you and daddy keep fighting and...and why doesn't daddy come say goodnight to me anymore?" she said as her mother tucked her in.

Her mother stopped immediately, "Oh...Scootalo its just that your father and I haven't exactly been getting along lately. But I'm sure everything will be fine" she said as she quietly wiped a tear away from her eye and kissed Scootalo on her forehead, "Everything will be fine" she whispered as she turned out the light next to Scootalo and slowly walked out of her room, closing the door behind her without a sound.

Scootalo laid silently in her bed, looking up at the dark celling, her heart then started to race when she heard screaming.

"This is my damn house too, Nicole, you can't just kick me out!" she heard her dad's voice.

She then heard the sound of glass shatter, "I want you out!" her mom shouted.

Scootalo covered her ears with a pillow but she could still hear them yelling.

"Don't you get angry with me!" her dad yelled and then a Bang! followed by a long silence.

Scootalo felt paralyzed as she laid in bed, not being able to move. "Mom!" she thought she yelled but it just came out as a whisper. Her heart thumped in her chest as she stared up at the ceiling with tired eyes. "Mom said everything is going to be fine and I trust her" she said to herself as she fell into a deep sleep.