• Published 4th Feb 2014
  • 2,379 Views, 11 Comments

Maybe Love Bites Twice - Fat1thatyoulove



The sequel to Maybe Love Bites... series, part 61. Follow our main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the consequences of his influences on Equestria; and how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
8
 11
 2,379

Epilogue IX

Epilogue IX

The day has started to come to a close as the dark moonless sky continues to take hold over the city of Canterlot. But the approaching night does not bring the young stallion's trot up any quicker, instead for this pony his mind is elsewhere, still trying to understand everything that has happened only a few hours ago.

The world as he knows it could have been completely changed, it could have been thrown into chaos, either by it being altered itself or by the vortex of power struggles that would have followed with a new head ruler being crowned.

But nothing has changed...

Aerolight swings his head up from the ground as he looks around to the few pegasus ponies who have started to light the touch streetlights on his block. Which would seem almost pointless seeing as how the clouds above look to be rain clouds.

But, He holds his stare for the moment as his mind continues to rage with everything he has been told today.

However two things stand out the most in his mind as the young stallion slowly drifts his eyes to his simple two story flat. The first thing in his mind is what Luna suggested, no pony is to speak of what happened...

This comment continues to baffle the stallion, how can everything just stay the same? How can Celestia stay in power?!

Aerolight stops in front of the door as he thinks over the last image he had of the tall white sun bringing mare. Her mane's color did not seem to glow as bright and her own stare seemed to be distant, no doubt with regret for what she did and could have done.

But still, the mare's sad expression brings no payment for what she did to her sister and what she would have done if not stopped.

Aerolight just shakes his head with a smile as the second thought comes into mind, he slowly lowers his head as he stares to the ground in front of his door with a whisper, "Ya...Nothing changes, but everypony still gets to blame the changelings."

His pink eyes slowly run up the door in front of him as he sparks his magic to unlock the door he does not have the key for at the moment.

The sound of its lock brings his hoof up as he starts inside the dark house. However, just as he does this the room illuminated, with every light in the bottom floor simultaneously turning on.

"Hello Aerolight...."

The voice runs through the room with a low feminine and sweet southern tone, but Aerolight just sighs as he turns to the brilliant yellow and blue mane mare that stands in the living room to his left, "Everypony in Equestria is looking for you Milky..."

Aerolight's low voice nods the frickled nosed mare's head as she speaks up, "Then it would seem strange I would come to a guard's house would it not?"

Her unchanged sweet tone just sinks the dark cream stallion's expression more as he looks her over, "Why do you continue to play with me Milky?"

The mare averts her eyes from the stallion's gaze.

The silence in the room just brings a faint smile to Aerolight as he nods his head in defeat, "...Alright...Then at least tell me why you took the crown." The stallion tries to hold a strong posture as he brings his voice up a little more, "...Because Luna has hailed me as a hero for freeing her, and I nor anypony else can tell her how we knew she had not changed."

Milky nods as she brings her voice up in a low tone, "Power Aerolight...It's as simple as that."

A slight laugh comes up from the stallion as he shakes his head to the ground, "S-so this whole time it was just for the changelings to come out on top?" He swallows hard as he continues, "T-they think I'm some great hero or something, and I don't know if I can handle knowing I could never stop the greatest threat to Equestria."

The words bring a little smile to the mare's face as she cocks her head, "Are you trying to flatter me Aerolight?"

Aerolight just shakes his head again as he shrugs, "Why Milky?"

Milky nods to the stallion's low tone as she brings her head to a straight up position, " Years ago Discord put a spell on the elements of harmony to corrupt them. Celestia would not damage the crown nor would Luna, because it was believed that its magic was the only thing holding Nightmare moon back. Even with Discord gone the spell to the crown stayed, we knew it was just a matter of time until its magic finally got to Celestia."

Her voice holds as her lengthy speech starts to bring Aerolight's head up, "...The two sisters did not come to Equestria to become rulers, they came to help guide the three original tribes of ponies into peace. But there were things that would make that impossible, so they stayed."

"Both sisters have deemed Equestria's ponies as unworthy, Luna just did so long before Celestia did today. But, both where stopped by the other. I choice to steal the crown today as too protect, protection from the anarchy that would follow everypony in Equestria learning that their long loved Princess was just a ticking time bomb."

A faint smile comes to her face as she continues, "It is better to have everypony hate changelings then for all of the ponies in power that Celestia has placed to be thrown out."

Aerolight blinks to the mare as he lets her reasoning sink into his mind.

However Milky takes a step forward as she brings her voice up, "We could never be together Aerolight...We both put each other in danger." She holds her eyes to the stallion as she gets closer, "But, we have tonight."

Her green eyes flutter a little as she brings her head to the stallion's, "And right now, that's all I want to worry about."

The extended kiss is quickly snatched up by the wanting stallion as the two ponies close their eyes and just give into the other pony.

Milky breaks from the kiss as she nuzzles her head under Aerolight's just trying to hold onto the safe feelings his touch has always stirred in her. Aerolight quickly brings his own head to the mare's neck as he kisses her, "Nothing is simple Milky, but that doesn't mean everything is impossible."

A light smile comes to the mare's face as her closed eyes start to tremble and a tear rolls from them. The steams of salty water quickly bleeds through the changeling's spell revealing the sleek black fur that lays just underneath it. But Aerolight does not move from her as he continues to kiss a little to the side of her neck.

Epilogue