• Published 2nd Feb 2014
  • 7,490 Views, 357 Comments

The Second Year; Gravidity - TwilightsmyMare



When your married to the most beautiful mare in Ponyville and have adoped the cuteist filly around things can't get better right? What? A foal? Wow... Taking place within season three this is Twilight, Scootaloo and I's continuing story

  • ...
38
 357
 7,490

Chapter 12 (The return we totally missed.)

Another week flew by Star adding more and more words to her vocabulary naturally with Scootaloo, Twilight and I encouraging her not to mention Apple Bloom, Sweetie Belle and all our friends.

We had received a strange letter from Princess Celestia asking us all to meet her just outside Ponyville, we walked Scootaloo to school then the three of us gathered in the morning meeting Pinkie and Rarity we were surprised to find Dash there too! Apparently she had been given a surprise week-long pass that directed her here as well, Fluttershy and Applejack still hadn’t made it either.

We all sat down together Star galloping back and forth between us talking up a storm and loving the attention as we talked amongst ourselves.

"What do you think the Princess wants?" Dash paced back and forth above our heads.

"It must be important; everyone knows this is my spa day!'

"Is there any day that isn't a spa day for you Rarity?" Twilight asked with a grin.

"Well... Their not open on Sunday."

We all chuckled at that.

"Still it is worrisome..."

"Worr... Worr..."

I smiled sweeping Star up giving her a hug and kiss spinning her around. "Wore, I, some..."

"Wor... Ee... Ome? Worreome!"

"Close enough baby."

She squealed happily galloping off, certainly made me worry less.

"It might not be something bad, she might want to invite us to a big Canterlot party!"

"Could be Pinkie, I guess we'll just have to wait and see..."

I sat down in the grass by her both of us leaning against one another.

"Or maybe she wants us to meet someone...?"

"Who could she want us to meet way out here Pinkie dear?"

"Some one with a deer antler, a goat leg, a bat wing, and a snake tail!"

"That’s crazy Pinkie that would be Discord..."

She pointed shaking slightly drawing our attention to four Pegasus royal guards pulling a chariot and another group of them with another chariot with a large statue. Twilight had told me about Discord of course and along with our discussions with Luna I could recognise him, though I had no idea what this could be about...

"Princess...!" We all bowed as she landed and Twi stepped forward. "Forgive me Princess but... What in Tartarus are you doing bringing Discord here!?"

"I am well aware last time Discord was here he caused a few problems..."

"A few...?!"

"Be that as it may could he be persuaded to use his magic for good he would be a great boon to Equestria, we have need of him. Some of us more then others..." She smiled as Luna soared down flanked by two of her batpony guardians.

"Princess Luna!" Everyone bowed again, she looked apprehensive and worried.

"Sister are you sure about this? I don't want to cause..."

"I am. Discord was once a great friend to Equestria... To us all and for that and many other reasons I feel he should be reformed, convinced to use his powers for good."

"Okay, how can we help Princess?" Twilight asked.

"Pincet?"

I scooped Star up holding her close with a quiet "Shh..."

Celestia and Luna both smiled. "With the elements of harmony by your sides Discord would not dare try anything too reckless, though I am hoping a more gentle touch might work... Where is Fluttershy?"

"Fluttershy?!"

"She was helping Applejack with something at the farm I'll go and see what’s keeping them." Dash zipped off towards Sweet Apple acres.

"Fluttershy? With all respect Princess don't you think Luna should...?"

She held up her forehoof to stop me motioning me close. The others were talking amongst themselves as they put their elements on as I walked over.

"There are very few who know of my sister’s connection to Discord, for now we wish to keep it that way. Some ponies have long memories and Discords... Shenanigans are still remembered none too fondly..."

"Of course, sorry I didn't think..." I apologised while trying to keep a squirmy foal under control as she tried to grab a flowing strand of Celestia’s mane.

"I wish it could be as simple as putting Luna and he into a room, they make up and he's the being we used to know and love happily ever after but... He made no mention of her when he was last revived, I don't know if it was perhaps an effect of the Miasma, being imprisoned for so long... I don't know..."

"I wish I could... Just..." Luna looked longingly towards the statue her eyes filled with grief as Celestia wrapped a wing comfortingly over her.

"Pincet?" Star stared at her wide eyed holding her forehooves out.

Luna levitated her over holding her close. "Thank you little one..."

"So we want to introduce him back into pony society quietly, carefully... And Fluttershy’s kind and understanding nature we feel is the key... Which brings me to another important point, Discords magic is strong and if he tries for whatever reason he may be able to detect you, both of you. Last time you were away in Saddle Arabia open diplomatic channels too far for any casual search but this time... And you Rick, we have no idea what might happen if he finds you. His hatred of humans was vast and even though the Miasma is gone from him time may not have lessened it any..."

"So what can we do? Travel far away...?" I realised suddenly that would mean being away from Twilight, Scootaloo and Star for as long as this took, I didn't like that idea at all...

"That is an option but still risky, instead if you allow I will place you and Luna into a temporal space, a pocket dimension as it were... A world between worlds still connected to ours, we hope this can be taken care of quickly but..."

"We can't be sure, he's always been... Difficult." Luna smiled sadly nuzzling Star.

"I'll have to talk to Twilight about it but I think I'm in."

"Of course."

Twilight and I talked it over as Fluttershy and Applejack came galloping up and the others explained the situation to them. She knew the whole story with Luna and Discord so she was sympathetic and even though we hated to be apart and I really hated to be away from Angel and Star if this could help bring Luna and Discord back together, even if it was only a chance it was worth it for everything she'd done for us.

We approached the Princess’s together and nodded. "Let's do it."

Celestia smiled. "Very well, let us begin..."

"Wait! Now?! I wanted to say goodbye to Scootaloo after school..."

"I'm sorry Rick but we should begin now while we are all gathered and the Elements are ready, also I fear Luna... Well perhaps all of us may lose our nerve; we must strike while the iron is hot!"

"Okay, okay... When you’re ready."

Her horn began to glow as she opened a shimmering portal; she and Luna embraced whispering to one another before she entered.

I turned to Twilight with a small smile. "Absence makes the heart grow fonder right?"

She shook her head with a grin. "Couldn't get too much fonder my love; be careful I'll miss you."

I swept her up kissing her passionately. "You be careful, I know we owe Luna but if he endangers any of you, Scootaloo, the Crusaders, Star..."

"He'll be stone before he has a chance to blink."

"Tell Angel I'm sorry and I love her."

"She knows, she'll be ok. We'll be ok."

I picked up Star squeezing her between us giving her a kiss. "I'll miss you baby, love you so much."

"Love! Daddy."

That made me mist up, I peppered her with kisses squeezing her tight before putting her on Twi's back, I kissed Twi once more then turned and followed Luna.

Love you.

Love you...

The bright light of the portal blinded me momentarily as I passed through; I blinked looking around and was surprised to see a familiar field... The very one I had been standing in just a second ago and Ponyville in the distance!

"What happened...?" I spun around to ask but there was no one there...

"We agreed this would be the most... Comfortable, solution for you. And I do enjoy Ponyville so it is no inconvenience to me."

Looking up I found Luna smiling down at me. "Interesting, well let’s go check it out, come walk with me?"

"No." She swooped down flipping me onto her back and taking off as I desperately wrapped my arms around her neck to hold on. "You come fly with me!" She giggled.

We reached town in moments coming in for a landing in town square, Celestia's spell had captured the town perfectly all the buildings, plants and sculptures. But all was quiet not even a breeze blew through. It was as if everyone in town just got up all at once and left never to return. Actually it was a bit creepy… I half expected zombies to come shambling out of the alleys and doorways at any moment.

"Amazing isn't it? My sister has outdone herself."

"It's something to behold that’s for sure, well we have air certainly what about food and water?"

She gave me a sarcastic look. "Yes my sister would leave us to starve..."

"Well..."

"Silly, everything that was or should be in Ponyville other then its inhabitants of course should be here." She explained as we walked through town stopping at the Cakes bakery. Inside still unnaturally quiet our footfalls / hoofclicks the only sound but there were cakes, cookies and other baked good still on display. We both selected a morsel and tried them, something was off though... Much like the town the food was muted, dulled and flat. It still had a bit of flavour and was filling but it was a poor substitute.

"Hmm... I suppose we can't have everything, truthfully what we're eating is nothing more then coalesced magic, full of all the nutrition we need to be sure but..." She shrugged with a smile.

"Not a problem, still if she created all this from memory that’s amazing."

"Hers and the magic runs off our own perceptions, knowledge and memories..."

"That’s just as impressive if not more so..." I chuckled.

She smiled with a sigh looking around lost in thought.

"Might as well take a look around eh?"

"Hmm...? Oh certainly. I am not yet fatigued."

"Right, you sleep during the day... Oh wait, who will raise the moon while you’re in here?"

"Tia can certainly handle it, she did for a thousand years remember?"

"Right... I remember, sorry."

"Tis the past, come let us explore."

We wandered around town occasionally noticing things change subtly as we did the magic using Luna or I's memories, more likely mine I guessed but she had been here before a few times. As we reached the edge or town the road became misty and indistinct, undeterred we walked into it my vision swam for a moment and we found ourselves back in the field we had originally appeared in.

"That’s... Odd. Walk around the world..."

"Small world..." Luna smiled. "Well we could hardly expect her to recreate the entire world just for the two of us now could we?"

"True enough. Perhaps we should go to the library? Pass the time with a game or two before you sleep?"

"I'd like that."

Home, but not home... No galloping hooves, flapping wings, sisterly arguments... I smiled at the memory. No books strewn about left when Twi was about to put them away and got distracted by another book. Everything in its place, not even the tree smell I was so used to. Out of curiosity I opened a random book, then another and another. Blank, all of them.

I retrieved our chess board setting up a game at the kitchen table, I really should have known better... Luna it seemed had a great deal of practice, perhaps in her imprisonment...? But she was a great deal better then Tank and therefore I had no chance. Still I tried my best but after four losses I tactfully suggested a change of game. Cribbage I did much better at but by the end of our second game I could see her yawn a bit.

"Twilight and I's bed is quite large Luna, feel free to sleep here."

"Oh, I couldn't..." She blushed.

"Come on, it's just the two of us here. We should stick together right?" I smiled.

"R... Right..." She blushed even more though I wasn't sure why.

"I'll go take another look around so I won't disturb you getting to sleep. Sleep tight Luna..."

"Sleep tight... I mean, goodnight." She stammered bumping into the stairs jumping slightly then fleeing up them. She was definitely acting strange, probably just tired.

I wandered through town again amazed and still a little spooked at how quiet and still everything was, even in the dead of night Ponyville wasn't this quiet there was always something but this... I spun around suddenly I could have sworn I heard something... Nothing to be seen, just my imagination. I looked around some more picking out a few things to supplement our food and drink, even though their taste was lacking I got a wide array of pastries, fruit and vegetables as well as a couple cases of soda pop disappointingly they were flat but they still quenched the thirst. All throughout my exploration I still heard... Thought I heard sounds, scraping, doors opening and closing... Every time I investigated there was nothing.

I returned to the library embarrassed at how spooked I was getting just to reassure myself I placed a ward around the outer limits of the tree feeling foolish even as I did it but I still left it. I spent the rest of the afternoon wandering around the house bored but trying to be quiet, every book I checked was blank though I found if I kept it open concentrating on it words began to form but only what I would expect to see, I supposed if I concentrated long enough I would have a book but generated by my mind and probably pretty boring...

As evening or what passed for it here descended it got dark very quickly and a strange fog flooded the streets the street lights barely providing any illumination at all. I lit up the fireplace and plenty of lights as I heard Luna descending from the bedroom.

"I hope I didn't wake you?"

"Not at all, it was a relaxing sleep though it is strange here I cannot seem to access the dream."

"Must be because we're between dimensions you think?"

"That would make sense, oh?! You've done some gathering I see."

"Well I thought we might as well have a wide variety of bland food." I grinned.

"Even bland sounds good to me I'm famished."

We sat and enjoyed a meal together I didn't mention the weirdness I'd been experiencing a bit embarrassed and sure it was just my overactive imagination. We played a few more games talking a bit about what was going on in Canterlot and around Ponyville tactfully avoiding any discussion about Discord but mostly we talked about Star. Luna wanted to hear all about what she was doing and how she was getting along with everyone and I was more then happy to talk about her and Angel until I started getting tired.

Luna assured me she could keep herself occupied so I headed up to bed it was messy but I didn't care hardly ever bothering to make the bed myself and it irritated Twi to no end. I got undressed and got in the bed at least felt normal devoid of Twi's scent of course but instead filled with Luna's, not the same at all but still very pleasant, I still managed to easily fall asleep...

Kaboom! I shot straight up bumping into Luna lying beside me playing solitaire. "Oh! I'm sorry! It's just... It's gotten cold and I thought..." She blushed furiously as I chuckled.

"No that’s fine Luna..." Out of the window the wind howled splattering the glass with droplets as lightning flashed and thunder rolled. "What’s with the storm?"

"Not sure... It started not long after you went to sleep, perhaps you were dreaming about storms?"

"Um..." I tried to recall what I had been dreaming of but like so many times it disappeared from my mind as soon as I woke. "Wait, how would that matter?"

She giggled. "I told you, this world... Dimension runs on our perceptions and minds."

"Okay... Shouldn't it stop now? I'm awake... I am awake right?"

She giggled again. "You are I imagine it must run its course like any storm. Truly it is a nice distraction from them night’s unnatural quiet."

I stretched brushing against her causing her to shiver. "Sorry about that."

"It's fine!" She burst out turning away intently studying her cards.

"How long was I asleep?"

"Only about four hours, you could certainly sleep more..." A thunderous boom cut her off. "Or perhaps not..." She grinned sheepishly.

Maybe later, so tell me... If you can, you've seen Stars dreams I assume? Is she... Normal? I mean, I know she's ok it's just... Nagging at the back of my mind how my D.N.A. must have screwed something up..."

"You love your foal very much is clear, no less then any other parent. I don't claim to know everything about magic but I tried very hard to make sure you and Twilights coupling would be problem free..."

I squeezed her foreleg softly. "I know Luna, I'm not trying to imply anything and never think we don't owe you for this gift no matter what ever happens."

She blushed again and smiled. "Her dreams are perfectly normal for a foal of her age, fun and frolic the occasional worry but nothing lasting. I may have been watching over her a bit more then I should but should a godmother do any less?"

I pulled her over for a hug squeezing her tight. "Thanks Luna..."

She lingered a moment leaning against me then jumped slightly sitting straight up pulling away again blushing heavily. "I have to use the washroom!" She blurted out racing down the stairs.

She's definitely acting odd I wonder... KrackBoom! I jumped slightly, well who wouldn't be? I decided I wouldn't be getting any more sleep today and got up and dressed following Luna down making some early breakfast. Luna exited the washroom a few minutes later joining me in a simple breakfast, about halfway through eating and her eyes got wide as she pointed behind me.

"What’s that?!"

I spun around shocked at the Manticore staring at us through the window from the yard! I was taken aback for a moment but something wasn't quite right... First it was inside the bounds of my ward! I had enough faith in my magic that I was sure it would have warned me if something broke through it. Secondly its outline was a bit hazy like looking at something in the distance in the summer’s hottest heat. Third though it stood outside in the rain it didn't appear to be wet in the least but most damningly was Luna's adorable giggle behind me.

"Gotcha!"

I laughed turning back to right my glass I'd knocked over levitating the juice off the table into a floating ball guiding it back into the glass. "You sure did, I had no idea you were a practical joker Luna." I grinned.

"Sometimes, I used to be... Before... Discord and I got into trouble so many times..." She smiled but then hung her head sadly.

I reached over to brush her mane aside caressing the side of her face. "And you will again, believe it."

"I hope..."

"You will, if I have to drag him over to you and smack him till he sees the light."

She smiled. "Now that would be something to see."

We laughed together finishing breakfast, the rain slowed but didn't stop as the sky lightened up indicating mornings arrival though it was still drizzling, dreary and cool perfect for sleeping and before too long Luna was yawning.

"I shall see you this evening Rick."

"Sweet dreams Luna."

"Y... Yes... Thank you." She hurried up the stairs leaving me alone again; I puttered around a bit tired but not enough to go back to sleep yet. I ventured outside the light rain didn't bother me other then the strange feel of it. It seemed slightly oily and lukewarm, curious I caught a drop on my tongue but it was like everything else here bland if water could even be called that...

The rain had pretty much stopped as I made my way into town but a pervasive mist clung to everything hampering my vision and dampening sound. I searched around gathering a few more food items planning to head back it was still quite creepy out and not surprisingly the fog didn't help matters any suddenly I stopped dead in my tracks. I heard a shuffling footstep and then another. I was certain I had heard them this time and I froze turning slightly trying to pinpoint where they were coming from in the mist.

After a minute I was no closer to figuring it out when out of the corner of my eye I spotted a figure lurch out of the mist, I spun to face it truly confused. It was clearly a human...

"What the...?"

He... Or perhaps it would be more accurate to say turned to face me its face frozen in a snarl as its sunken eyes focused on me its mouth opened letting out a moan. A zombie? How could there be a... It moved toward me trying to grasp me but I could and did easily evade it.

"Very funny Luna, as if I wasn't freaked out enough." I did have to hand it to her though it was exactly what I would imagine a 'typical' zombie to be, slow, not too bright but unstoppable. I had no idea how she could know about them... My dreams perhaps, I had been a fan of zombies, movies, books and the such since I had been young and I could even remember a few dreams involving them.

It lunged again and I stepped aside, wait... If this was an illusion I suppose I didn't need to avoid it, it was very lifelike though... I opted for the safest option and kicked it in the back, if it was Luna messing around I’d end up on my butt and we could both have a good laugh. In the highly unlikely event it was real at least it would be knocked forward and I'd have some time.

That it turned out was a mistake... I really didn't think it could possibly be real and was expecting no resistance at all and when it hit a solid mass I was thrown off balance and both of us went sprawling, it recovered faster then I scuttling towards me, I might have been in shock but I knew what to do when a zombie attacked. I held it by the wrists my knees pulled up between us keeping its snapping jaws from my face. I released its hands pushing it away from me as hard as I could slamming it against a nearby wall knocking it down as I scrabbled to my feet grabbing the closest solid object a wooden mail box fairly solid, without hesitation I slammed it down on the back of its head as it tried to get up feeling the wood split. That didn't stop it so I did it again and again until there was nothing left of the mailbox and little of its skull.

I turned away gasping for air the gore and stench wasn't so bad, truly like everything else here the smell of the body was minimal though the splatter from the head wasn't... I turned back staring at the body expecting it to fade away, Luna to jump out or even just to wake up! But my pounding heart, adrenalin and the pain I was beginning to feel from the splinters driven into my hands were convincing me this was really happening.

My thoughts were interrupted suddenly by a soft moan and shuffling step behind me, then in front and all around! More lurched out of the mist male, female, big and small. I couldn't handle this right now, the stress and isolation must be getting to me, I idly picked bits of wood out of hands healing them while I tried to think and they closed in. A final shake of my head trying to dislodge these phantoms and teleported away. I collapsed to one knee quickly scanning the area as I tried to regain my breath; there was nothing in front of the library or anywhere nearby that I could see. I quickly entered locking the door closing and securing all the ground floor windows then renewing and strengthening the ward surrounding us.

I rushed upstairs with the intention of waking Luna and getting out of here somehow! I stopped at the top of the stairs, Luna was fast asleep her mane surprisingly in disarray as she lay half covered an adorable sight. I slapped myself across the face once and then again harder. There are no zombies, I'm just... Stressed, tired, lonely... Something, I yawned widely shaking my head feeling better about the whole situation, stupid brain. I slid in beside Luna back to back, I'm sure she wouldn't mind if I napped a bit, so... Tired...

I awoke feeling calm, warm and content, I could feel Twilights head on my chest and I stroked her mane and neck not bothering to open my eyes I leaned forward to kiss her soft ears. "Morning love..."

"Morning..." A voice whispered back that wasn’t Twilights.

Luna! We both shot up pushing away from each other blushing and embarrassed. "Luna! I'm sorry; I just laid down for a quick nap..." I glanced out the window noticing it was quite dark outside.

"Rick! I didn't mean to get so close!"

Suddenly I felt a pinprick in my side an indication something was trying to cross my ward... I blinked and found her staring at me.

"Rick... What is it?"

"Something’s coming, something’s here..." Dammit if only I had my blade, but I certainly had no reason to bring it here unless..." I checked the locked drawer beside my bed pulling it open there it was, like everything else here it probably wasn't what I was used to but it was better then nothing, I quickly strapped it on.

"Rick! Tell me what is going on immediately!"

"I... I'm not sure... It's easier to just go look, come." I led her downstairs and out the front door where we froze, there were dozens... Maybe even hundreds of them pawing at the unseen barrier powered by my ward even with them just pushing on it, it couldn't stand much more...

Luna frowned looking at them her horn glowed faintly then suddenly she sat down and giggled.

"What are you laughing at? We've got to get out of here!"

"Relax Rick, this is merely an extension of Tia's magic, it's..." She paused thinking a moment. "Remember I told you this world moulds itself to us? I have been distracted by... Other concerns, so it seems it has conformed to what you or your mind if you like thinks an abandoned town would be like... My mental discipline too would keep me from affecting things quite like this." She smiled.

"So... None of this is real?"

"Well, as real as we make it..."

"We're in no danger then?"

"I wouldn't say that, your mind makes it as dangerous as you imagine them to be... They certainly look... Unpleasant."

"Zombies... Walking human corpses driven to devour the living..."

"Ah of course, we have similar legends."

Pony zombies? I didn't want to think about that.

"Still I hardly think them to be a threat to the two of us..."

I looked over at her she had a devil may care grin her head thrown back mane flowing, quite a sight.

I grinned myself feeling a hundred percent better about this while situation, well zombies yes but at least I wasn't going crazy. "Well, let's do it."

"What?! Fight this horde? More may come, we might get hurt!"

"I trust you to have my back Luna; will you trust me with yours?"

"Of course, but..."

"Besides, what else do we have to do?"

She looked surprised for a moment then her grin returned as she nodded her head stepping forward. I dropped the ward and several stumbled in. I drew my blade and looked over to her. "Let's show them what we can do shall we?"

She reared up momentarily her horn glowing lightly. "Indeed..."

We turned to face them together screaming our way cry as we changed forward...

We were resting atop city hall eating some snatched fruit downed by the last of our soda both of us exhausted but laughing at the days exploits comparing zombie kills of the day. It had been two days...? Maybe three or more since we came here, time seemed to have little meaning in our fight to survival. Half of Ponyville still smouldered from the few times we got a bit too enthusiastic with our destructive magic, hundreds of corpses littered the streets, the buildings and even the outskirts of town but somehow they kept crawling out of the buildings, the mists and outskirts of town.

Amazingly neither of us had taken so much as a scratch which I was thankful for, I wasn't sure these zombies could infect us as much as that was a part of zombie biology as I knew it didn't mean it could be made so by Celestia’s magic, a chance I would prefer not to take. Not to say we hadn't had many close calls but thanks to Luna’s wings and her and I's teleportation we could always escape from any engagement.

Luna twitched beside me. "It's time."

I looked down, there was a small group of zombies but nowhere near what we had taken out before. "So soon? We can rest a bit more..."

"She smiled and nudged me gently. "Silly, I mean our time in this world is done. For good or ill..." Her smile faded as she remembered exactly why we were here.

Oh... right! Twi! Scootaloo! Star! They were in my thoughts every night as I fell asleep but I'd been so focused on survival, fighting and planning... It all came flooding back as the world pulsed again and again, faster and faster until everything faded away...

It was dark but a faint glow permeated wherever I was... We were? "Luna?"

"I'm here, Tia?"

The area filled with a warm glow, it appeared to be a large tent. Princess Celestia stood there looking at us strangely with a raised eyebrow. "Whatever have you two been doing?"

I looked over at Luna then down at myself, though it had rained a few times we were still caked with dirt, grime and probably a few other unmentionable things. "Long story Princess, I'm sure Luna will fill you in. More importantly how did things go here?"

Her horn glowed as she brushed dirt and muck off us from afar with a smile. "Very well, it took some time and a few... Misunderstandings. But Fluttershy did manage to teach Discord a thing or two about friendship. I dare say we have a ways to go yet but it's a start. The task is in your corner now, sister if you choose... He has been asking for you..."

"He has?! I... I'm so nervous... What if he's changed, what if I've changed?!'

"That is why I erected this tent shielding it temporarily from him; I want him to meet you, both of you."

"Alright that seems fair... Perhaps you could conceal yourself in the shadows Luna? Then when the time is right..."

"I could do that..."

"This spell upon the tent will weaken his powers but both of yours as well, be very careful and we will all be just outside."

We both nodded, I squeezed Luna's shoulder comfortingly before she melded into the shadows, that at least she didn't seem to have any problem doing. The tent flap opened and a tail entered followed by a long sinuous body varying parts to it and finally his head and I caught the end of the conversation he was having.

"Is this really necessary Celestia? I gave you my word after all, what is this some manner of test...?" He asked turning around as the tent flap closed behind him. His eyes met mine and he froze. "Human...?!" A crackling sphere of energy flew across the tent and likely could have turned me inside out if not for the Princess's dampening spell, as it was it threw me back several feet though it didn't knock me over feeling like a powerful electric shock.

I shook it off fairly easily. "I'm not here to fight you Discord."

He stepped forward stretching his body as he glowered down at me furiously. "As if I would take the word of a human! What is Celestia playing at here? Dampening my magic, is this some sort of a joke?"

"Your anger and hatred is what allowed the Miasma to take a hold of you before I imagine she wants to avoid such a thing happening again..."

He lunged forward seizing me by the throat, I didn't fight back I was sure if I was truly in danger Luna would intervene even against him if the past few days had shown me anything it was that.

"What do you know about that?! There was something... Just before they imprisoned me... Something important... Luna..." He shook his head glaring at me again. "What are you doing here? I may not have agreed with their decision but I know they sealed the way! How..." He stopped noticing something; he pulled on the chain around my neck revealing my medallion flipping it over several times. "What...? How...? Not possible..." He sputtered.

I gently pried his hand away from my neck dropping down. "I've been honoured by the Princess’s by them accepting me as one of their Knights, I definitely don't feel I deserve it but I try to uphold their ideals and laws. The humans you met so long ago... I won't lie and say we're totally different now, some things never change. But I'm not like them and I know many others aren't either..."

"Again the word of a human..." He sneered though he seemed less venomous then before.

"I don't know how to convince you, my word... Not just the word of a human but a husband, a father, a friend and a loyal subject of Equestria."

His confusion was clear no doubt not a feeling he was used to. "I... I don't know..."

"It's all right, I would like you to trust me but really there’s only one pony you need to reacquaint yourself with... My friend and the godmother of my foal... Luna."

I stepped back sweeping my arm out with a flourish hoping Luna would step out... She didn't, I sighed. "Luna... I know you’re nervous but this is the perfect time, the perfect place..."

"I know..." Her whispered voice came from the darkness.

"Luna! Please forgive me! I couldn't control..."

She stepped out of the shadows beside me. "I know. I know all too well…” She whispered her head hung low, she looked up at him with a smile. "But that is the past, this is now and we have so much to talk about..."

He nodded and they sat together as I quietly made my way towards the tent flap not wanting to disturb the peace.

"Rick..."

I turned back. "Yes?"

"Thank you, for everything."

"How can you be friends? You hated them nearly as much as I!" Discord whispered.

Luna smiled caressing the side of his face with her forehoof. "I've always known every pony was different now I know every human is too. Things started rocky, I'll tell you about it later. I'd like the two of you to be friends..." She held up a forehoof to stop him. "Just keep an open mind for now..." She blushed and darted forward to kiss him softly causing him to blush as well. "But for now, us. Let me start just after we parted the first time..."

I left them to catch up glad things turned out so well and hopeful they'd continue along that path. I had a second to blink in the still bright setting sun before I heard a...

"Dad!"

"Daddy!"

And I was bowled over by a young filly and a little foal. "Angel, Star... Oh how I've missed you two..." I hugged and kissed them both squeezing them tight.

"It was crazy and amazing dad! Discord was staying at Fluttershy’s; he made all sorts of mischief! The beavers got all mad and dammed up the river and there were all sorts of weird occurrences around town and Pan grew until he was ten feet long! He went on a rampage all through town licking every pony! Mom got him back to normal pretty quickly though." She giggled. "I'm glad I fed him the night before that." She whispered.

"Pan funny!" Star giggled making me squeeze them both a little tighter.

"Well I'm glad you’re both ok and everything turned out fine." I moved Star over by Scootaloo as Twilight walked up sitting beside me. "Hey love, missed you..." I kissed her softly but with some need that she returned.

"Missed you too... Why are your clothes all torn up? Did Discord...?!"

I pulled her close before she did something rash. "Long story, I'll tell you tonight, Discord was... Surprised to see me but he didn't react too violently..."

"Too...?"

"Well a little and I don't blame him really. Hopefully he'll get used to me... I wouldn't want to become a wedge between him and Luna. Any news from Alizarin?"

"Yes, Trixie is still staying there I think he's making progress with her... I hope she's getting over it."

"Well we can't do it for her; she's just got to make her way. But we can help... Enough of that. I want to hear all about what happened while I was gone..."

We bid Princess Celestia farewell as well as our friends before we started back home the four of us together and that was what really mattered to me, the four of us...

Author's Note:

Happy Thankgiving to you all! Well here in Canada at least, I know it's later for you in the states and I'm not sure about the UK or other parts of the world... Still, I am thankful that you all enjoy my stories. And thankful for Hasbro even for creating (or recreating even) a greedy corporation they might be but they let Mrs. Faust and the whole team make something so amazing that's brought us all together, we might not agree on everything in this fandom but still I'm so glad to be a part of it. Take care all.
Rick