• Published 4th Feb 2014
  • 1,838 Views, 21 Comments

Say Cheese! - Dream-Plushie



Young Cheese Sandwich never knew that life could be so could until he met her...the super duper party pony, Pinkie Pie!

  • ...
0
 21
 1,838

"First Day Of School"

The sun rose one Monday morning as young Cheese Sandwich blinked open his eyes sleepily. He yawned and got out of bed, looking around.

"Cheese Sandwich!!" His mom called from downstairs. "Remember! Today is your first day of school!!" Cheese frowned. He had transferred to this school halfway through the year, and was incredibly nervous. He had never been a very social pony, adn often found it very difficult to fit in. Cheese grabbed his glasses off the dresser and put them on before brushing his mane and grabbing his backpack.

"Bye mom...!" He called to her.

"Goodbye, Cheese! I love you!" Came the reply.

"Love you, too!" He trotted out, taking a deep breath and hoping he would make some friends. Cheese noticed two fillies close to him, they were laughing and seemed to be having fun. He smiled and walked closer to them. "Uhm...hi..." One of the small ponies turned to him and gave a smirk, knocking his glasses off with her hoof.

"Freak." She said before laughing and walking away.

Cheese picked his glasses up and frowned again, hanging his head low. Already, this day was terrible. How could ponies be so cruel? Soon, he arrived at the school. Trotting inside, all of the colts and fillies turned their heads and stared at him. He gave a fake smile and waved his hoof hello. The ponies began whispering among themselves.

"Look at his mane!" One pony sneered.
"And those big goofy glasses!" Another replied.

The insults continued as Cheese Sandwich sniffled and held back his tears. He was a social outcast, and everypony knew it.

"Excuse me?" The voice startled Cheese, making him jump. He looked up to see an adult mare staring down at him. "I'm your teacher, you must be my new student. Come with me." The teacher smiled.

"...Okay..." Cheese whispered shyly before following the teacher to his desk. The teacher gave a warm smile before trotting back to her desk.

"Pssst!" The filly next to him was trying to get his attention. He turned his head. "Do you brush your hair in the morning at all??"

"...I..yes, I do..." Cheese Sandwich answered, nodding his head.

"Well, it doesn't look like it!" The filly sneered, laughing with the other students. Cheese's ears lied back on his head as he looked to the front of the classroom.

"Alright, students, hush now!" The teacher announced. "It's time for class to begin!"

As the teacher taught, Cheese didn't listen. He stared out the window as he thought about how the other ponies had insulted him. Why would they do that? He thought as he watched the clouds roll by.

"Cheese Sandwich, can you answer the question??" Cheese's head snapped up at the sound of the teacher's voice. He had no clue what was asked.

"I...uhm...I..."

"He's ugly and stupid!!" One of the kids shouted. The room exploded with violent laughter. Cheese felt cornered, like the whole world was laughing at him. He hid his face as he sniffled, once more trying to hold back from crying.

"Amethyst Splash!!" The teacher scolded. "Go to the principle's office at once!" The filly who had called out stood and glared at Cheese Sandwich.

"Idiot." She whispered before walking out. The teacher trotted to his desk.

"I'm so sorry about that, Cheese Sandwich..." She whispered. "Ignore them, alright?" He nodded slowly.

That afternoon, when Cheese went home he dashed up to his room and sat in his bed. Tears rolled down his cheeks as he cried, looking out the window. As he was sobbing, a balloon floated up outside his window. Cheese looked at it go and somehow felt better...he wasn't sure where the balloon came from but he...didn't care. As the object flew upwards, he found himself smiling once more.