• Published 20th Jan 2015
  • 2,265 Views, 60 Comments

My Little Metro: 2053 - Berry Punch



My name is Sasha, I was found in the Metro tunnels by a man named Artyom, my father. I am unlike everyone else of the Metro, for I am not human... but a pony.

  • ...
4
 60
 2,265

Strange Happenings

I awake to the sound of the station's emergency alarm. The bells could be heard ringing through out the station, alerting the occupants of danger. Normally if there was to be a drill, it would be announced before hand, there's a sinking feeling in my stomach as I push myself off of the cot.

The sound of bodies running through the halls outside of my room can be heard, with people hitting the doors to make sure those left behind get out. I'm not sure what is going on, but it sounds like chaos out there; I had better find my father, I am not sure why he did not wake me, but it sounds like they may need my help out there.

I pull on my jacket and gear, grabbing my cartridges and securing my rifle to my side. I better make sure I am well equipped for whatever is happening. I swiftly slip out of my room, looking around and surveying the immediate area, it seems the able bodies are moving to the infirmary, I guess that is my next destination. I jog after the men ahead of me, catching up in no time.

The bells stop, there is the sound of shouting coming from up ahead, I can hear my father announcing to the unruly crowd, "As you may have realized, this is not a drill. Earlier this morning, just as the night shift was ending, an anomaly appeared just inside of the abandoned service tunnel. We are unsure of what it is, or if it is a threat or not. We have gathered you here, in case we need a quick evacuation. A defensive line has been made outside of the service tunnel, and currently the scientists are down studying the anomaly."

There was a short, awkward silence. The crowd shuffled about uncomfortably, as a wave of fear began to slowly descend on the citizens of VDNKh, "I ask you to please not panic, we will do everything we can to make sure no harm ever comes to you. That is all for now, I must go down to the anomaly and you are all advised to not leave the area. Thank you." My father made his way through the crowd, pushing past to get down to the track that lead down to the service tunnel.

"Father!" I shouted over the now rising voices of the crowd. I push through the towering bodies of the humans, trying to make it down to my father before he disappeared down the tunnel. As I made it through the crowd, I saw as he turned the corner, leading to the service tunnel. I speed up in hopes to catch him "Father!" I shout again, and this time he turns around to look at me.

"Sasha, what are you doing down here?" He asks with a bewildered expression.

"I would like to know what is going on, what is the 'anomaly'?!" I spoke quickly as I caught up to him, "I do not like being out of the loop, and I do not understand why you did not wake me up when you left." I pressed him for answers, frowning at him slightly in frustration.

"Ah, I must apologise, my daughter. You see when the men who had been working the morning shift had sent someone out to get me, I rushed to their aid. I completely forgot to awaken you, my dear." He smiled slightly, rubbing the back of his head sheepishly.

"I understand, father. But you still have not explained to me what this 'Anomaly' is."

"Well when I got to their post, they began explaining that there was a blinding flash of light down near the end of the service tunnel. When we went to investigate, there was a floating ball of light. It troubles me that it is slowly growing in size, but besides that it does not seem to be doing much." He sighed deeply and turned towards the tunnel, "Come, let's go to the defense line." he gestured for me to follow.

I simply nodded, and followed closely behind him. I too was concerned as to what this could be, after all that has been going on with me lately... I didn't want to risk anything. We walked quietly down the station, and made our way to the service tunnel entrance. I normally patrolled here, so I was quite knowledgeable of the tunnel itself and the secrets it held. Mainly the best places to hide your alcohol stash for when you’re on the job.

My father nodded to a guard who stood by the entrance, who moved to allow entry. We continued down, and as we walked I noticed the swelling number of guards, and apparently volunteers, with weapons poised standing guard along the walls of the tunnel. The farther down the metro we made it, the more humans there were, all armed and looking nervous. In turn this all made me quite nervous myself, as I have never seen our metro in this state of security in a fairly long time.

When we made it to the open area, where I normally stood guard, I could see a line of men facing a glowing ball of white light. The light was about the size of a pig, and when I stared hard enough I could see that it was slowly growing larger. As we neared the line of men, they parted to let us through. Now as I stood directly in front of the light, I felt an extremely nostalgic feeling course through me. One that shook me to my core.

It had the same feeling as the dream I had last night... the same as every dream I have been having for this past while. I did not like this, at all. My metro was in possible danger, and it was my fault. Something I myself could not control, so how would anyone here be able to stand a chance? I lightly bumped my father's side, as he stood studying the anomaly with harsh eyes.

Slowly he tore his gaze from the light and turned towards me, kneeling down to be at my eye level, "Any theories, Sasha?" He asked in a loud whisper.

"You know how I have been having these weird dreams, lately?" I asked quietly, to which he simply nodded, "I think this is linked, somehow..."

My father simply sighed, and gave me a tired look, "Really, Sasha? I already told you, you are simply tired from all the work you have been doing lately." He rubbed the side of his head in frustration.

"I am sorry, father. But I firmly believe that what is going on with me is linked, especially after last night's dream." I said firmly, staring into my father's eyes.

He simply closed his eyes slowly and gave a deep nod, "Okay, Sasha. I'll go along with what you are saying, even if just hypothetically speaking. So tell me, what was your dream last night? What make's you think that this anomaly is somehow linked?"

I leaned in close to him, and began to explain my situation, "Well I've been having these strange dreams and hallucinations lately, every time I always hear the same sentence; "Come home, Twilight.". Now, I am not sure what this means but last night, I had a dream where I met another pony... like me. She seemed to think I was called 'Twilight', the same name I keep hearing." I let him go over what I had said for a moment, and continued "Whoever this pony is, they are calling out to me and I strongly believe that this 'anomaly' is them, whoever 'they' are."

There was a few moments of silence, before my father began speaking, "I will take what you have said seriously. Even if you are wrong in the end, what you have said is basically all I have got to go by." He stopped in thought, and scratched his head, "So if you think this may be the pony from your dream... well then whatever this anomaly is, it probably isn't hostile. However, I will have everyone remain down here for the mean time. I will have a barrier placed around the light, and have everyone stay behind it and ready."

I smiled in appreciation to his co-cooperativeness, and nodded firmly, "Thank you, father! You will not regret this."

With that, we both turned to the men behind us and my father began to speak, "Okay, men. I have reason to believe that this anomaly is non-hostile. However, I request that a barrier is placed around it as soon as possible, and require that everyone remain at their posts. We can never be too careful. Now go get me that barrier!" The men around us simply saluted, and a few set out in groups to go gather the materials for a barrier.

"Well, this should be interesting." I muttered under my breath, and sighed.

Comments ( 52 )

5528471 Yeah, just playin' about ideas in my head and began writing this. It's good practice at least, even if it ends up being a flop.

Great idea and a start. Don't give up and don't be afraid to write whatever you want.

5529491 Clearly you haven't read 'Metro 2034' I wouldn't of used the name Sasha, if I wasn't sure it was gender-neutral. Perhaps not as common for girls as it is for guys... but, yeah you get what I mean.

5530582 Sasha is actually used mostly for girls, though there are some boys with it. It sometimes means "Strong one" in the English language, but can also be "courageous one," or "proud one."

5530582 Oh, and also: MOAR!

5530720 Khan would be a very old man, at this point of time Artyom is 40 years old himself.

5530765
This makes me angry.
I read the summary and got shivers. And then read the last update and cried.
This is outright criminal.

5531027 Why did you put this in your KIA folder? I only released this yesterday. :rainbowderp:

5531061 It's reporting the chapter release dates strangely. Mea culpa.
I await a little more with bated breath before I begin reading.

5531081 Ah, probably cause this has been sitting in my un-submitted stories folder for a long time. Only began writing the other day!

*Added to reading list so haaaaaaaard*

Still feels quite a bit rushed, but I must admit I'm intrigued by this mix of things.

I think at least one chapter between that dream and the anomaly appearing would have been a good idea. Showing just what day to day is like for Sasha a bit better, and how she's treated in the metro. Things like that.

Still, I'm curious where this is going.

There's something about the story picture that i absolutely love, how often will there be updates?

5533030 Not likely, since he repeatedly calls her "my daughter".

5532233 Often enough I hope, there's really only going to be 4 more main chapters and an epilogue. I'm starting chapter 3 right now, at least.

Nuclear Apocalypse huh? Have a Taco nice work hope you keep this story going :twilightsmile:

my-little-metro-2053

I calculated it, Artyom is now 40.

When do you update again?

5595373 http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Sasha_%28Metro_2034%29

Sasha is an exclusive character of the Metro 2034 novel. She is the daughter of a banished station-master, and joined Hunter and Homer on their journey after the ex-Ranger saved her life.

I called her Sasha as a nod to the Metro 2034 book, even though my story isn't running with the canon of the books.

http://metrovideogame.wikia.com/wiki/Alex

Alex, also known as Sukhoi

5595421 I have the next chapter mostly done, but... I got Dying Light recently... so vidya games be in the way :3

5597686
cool, you researched well

5597693 Don't forget to let Twilight describe her eating habits, i mean. as a herbivore shecan only eat the mushrooms there

5598998 Oh! You just gave me an idea for a scene, thanks!!

5598998 um actually i think horses are omnivores thay just lack the tools needed for hunting so thay stick to green foods BUT thay CAN eat meat that part in fallout equestia with lil pip eating meat wasint bullshit natures weird

5609705 cant argue with the Fallout Equestria part cause never read it.

What you think?, can I call Artyom Artjom adn VDNkh WDNCh, if I am writing my own metro stuff?

5597686 Also, Heavy from TF2 calls his mini-gun Sasha and there are hints that he all but considers it female... Also the Scout's domination line: "How about I take Sasha out for a steak dinner tonight? How's that sound?". The Scout and Heavy are not stereotypical gay and all of TF2's characters are overly stereotyped.

just in my head.
my writing music.

Promising. I'll await more then, shall I?

Please continue

6420223 Eventually. I'm focusing more on writing my novel at the moment! :pinkiesmile:

6420804 is there still something coming? Anything!?

6463970 Someday in the future, maybe.

All I wanted for Christmas was another chapter of this story.

6791110 Sorry, I'm not much into writing for fim anymore. Maybe one day I'll decide to start again, but I dunno. Sorry! :pinkiesad2:

needs more ponze words... why no more ponze words?

6861913 I'm not much of a fan of mlp, as I used to be. I haven't even seen any of the episodes of the last season. I just don't have the motivation to write for the fandom anymore.

6864487 consider giving the story to somebody else, that's possible

6865103 Nah I'd rather not.

please contienu

Shame it was cancelled.

11250904
Because of the sugondese

Login or register to comment