• Published 8th Apr 2012
  • 17,099 Views, 1,347 Comments

Song of the Moon - BlackWing



An 1700's era violinist, who is also a werewolf. He find's himself in where else but Equestria

  • ...
94
 1,347
 17,099

These Changes (18)

These Changes

It's almost time. In all honestly, I've been worried about Twilight, so I may have been stalking throughout the castle, looking for anything amiss. Ever since I noticed Cadence start acting strangely, I stayed out of sight, but kept her within mine. I saw strange things several times, including an argument between her and Shining Armor, and the lavender mare attempting to speak with her brother, only to be interrupted time and time again. As of right now, I am supposed to be practicing the music with the other ponies. Instead, I'm watching the wedding rehearsal from the window. They began talking, although even with my improved hearing I could not discern what they were saying through the thick glass. Everyone looked around, and finally, Twilight burst into the room. There seemed to be some accusation, as though she had finally found some proof of villainy, but it was shot down by those present, and the conversation ended with Twilight hanging her head as the rest of the bridal party walked out of the room, looks of scorn on their faces.


"So.... that's it then....."


Or, perhaps not. By Twilight's actions, it would seem she was giving Cadence an apology, and what occurred next was both a shock, as well as expected, given what the danger I had been sensing earlier. The pink horned pegasus glared wickedly, her horn flashing green as a circle of green flame opened in the floor and swallowed a screaming Twilight before sinking into the ground, with the mare responsible laughing maniacally. This.... this is not good at all. I need to find Luna and.....


"What are you doing here?" Blast! Alright... I can get out of this.

"Ah, just taking a break from practicing the music for your wedding Princess Cadence. After all, you personally requested that I be the one to play for you. They're all on lunch break right now, so I decided to smell the flowers. Aren't they delightful?"

"Hmm, yes, I suppose they are. Back to work."

"Oh come now, surely you have a couple minutes to talk to a good friend. You seem tense, is something on your mind? Is it about Twilight?" She seemed a little stunned and backed away as I put a hand on her neck and rubbed her mane.

"Erhm....."

"Is it because she's being overprotective of her brother?"

"Yes, that's it."

"Well, I suppose you can hardly blame her. You have been acting rather harsh to everypony lately, although wedding stress is no excuse. You ought to know better than to imprison ponies in cages of green fire and sink them into the floor....." Her eyes went wide in realization as my spine began to extend. I hunched over as my legs bent backwards, my muscles built, and I started growing hair.


"Say... isn't Princess Cadence's magic blue? Yours is green. I think we're going to go have a nice long chat with the princesses about who you really are, and what you've done with the real princess." She glared at me with interest.


"What are you?" She asked, not with fear, but with intrigue.

"And that sells it." My voice became a deep, throaty growl. "Cadence was one of the first to know that I'm a werewolf. What's more, you haven't called me by my name this entire time." And with that, the transformation was complete. I let out a grand howl to alert Luna to what I had found and dove at the impostor, intent on knocking her out. Unfortunately for me I was caught in the same thing Twilight was and bounced off it harmlessly.

"A werewolf? I was under the impression your kind died out long ago. A unique find. I could use a pet, but we'll have to get rid of that nasty free will now won't we?" She rubbed my chin with her hoof before a flash of green made my eyes roll around in my head. Next thing I knew I was in some kind of living pod, hanging upside down from the roof, in a cave full of chirping bugs.... no, wait, they look like ponies..... Either way, they smelled of evil. I was still in my lycan form, so at this point, I simply shredded the walls of my prison and dropped to the floor. I shook the goop out of my fur and turned to look at the multitude of insects around me before letting out a bloodcurdling howl that sent many of them sprawling.


'I need to get out of here and find Princess Luna. Twilight, Shining Armor, and the real Cadence are in trouble.'


The remainder of the horde began to charge at me, their sheer mass bearing down on me as I was squashed in a ball of black chitin.


'Your friend may have been able to beat me, let's see how well you fare.' My lycan rage exploded from me as I curled up my body like a spring, then let loose, opening myself up and throwing my arms into the air. The bug ball dispersed as the not-ponies were thrown around like ragdolls.


'Been a while since I killed anything. Luna told me to fully control my instincts I'd have to let myself go wild once in a while, either at a party as a human, which Pinkie Pie could help with, or in the forest as a wolf. This looks like a good place to start.' They were still getting up as my claws sank into the first one I came across as I ran on all fours, not even bothering to stop as it was crushed underfoot, staining the floor and my hands with glowing green slime. Another four fell the same way before they had managed to regain their bearings. Six, seven, and eight were gone and I grabbed one in each hand and squeezed them so their heads popped off, as well as biting off one's head with my jaws. What I expected to taste disgusting was.... surprisingly, not. As I swallowed the bug's head, the ichor oozing down my throat after it, I felt a warmth welling up inside of me, a strength I had not known before as my voice came forth, even in my shifted state.


"You....You're..... DELICIOUS!" And that was when they started to run, and fly, away. But running would not save them as I chased them down and ripped their stomachs out with my jaws, greedily devouring them. Nor would flying as they were trapped within the relatively small space of the cave, and I used my claws to dig into the thing fleshy layer that covered it, climbed the sides and leaped off, grabbing one out of the air and ripping it's wings off before biting into it's neck. All their efforts to fight me or escape only added to the thrill of the hunt.


'Let the feast begin.'