• Published 8th Apr 2012
  • 17,050 Views, 1,347 Comments

Song of the Moon - BlackWing



An 1700's era violinist, who is also a werewolf. He find's himself in where else but Equestria

  • ...
93
 1,347
 17,050

Wedding (17)

Wedding

"Dear Lord, what did I do to deserve this?" Now I'm trapped in a cross species relationship with an immortal moon pony. I mean, it's not like I don't like her. She is rather beautiful, and has shown me such great kindness in my time of need...... but I don't like like her...... and I'm not sexually attracted at all. I mean, she's a pony, a SMALL HORSE. I mean, not that that's a bad thing, but, I'm a human..... wolf..... not to mention shes the second head of the royal court, and an immortal, magical PONY, and I'm a human musician.... And what of public image? After Nightmare Night seven months ago, I'm not exactly the most popular person, even if there was minimal damage, and it was undone easily. To be courting royalty, it screams scandal! This is a massive headache.....


'One thing at a time Lark. I need to stop thinking about why it won't work and start focusing on how to make it work. If I don't give it an honest effort, there's no way the princess will let me go, and who knows? I may fall for her yet. And then what? Marriage, only for me to die and her to live on? And..... mating........ with a pony! And then, what of children, is it even possible? And what if it is? What would they be? And then parenthood.......... This is way too complicated.... no, stop whining, focus on right now.... the wedding. I'm performing at the wedding reception. I need to prepare for that. It'll be my first public appearance in a very long time, and a good way to get back on the public's good side, something I need to do regardless of whether it is to have relations with Equestrian royalty or to head out on my own and travel.'


"Lark, are you ready for the practice session?" Luna called from outside my room. That's right. Twilight and her friends are here to prepare. How had the time slipped by? The past two weeks had felt like mere minutes, most likely as I had spent the better portion of it doing the same things. Practicing, going over what I'd play with the other musicians. Lyra...... she's one of the bridesmaids. I hadn't spent much private time with Luna because of that, although I knew that was just till after the wedding. I was prolonging the inevitable. The fact of the matter is, I'm courting a princess. I may as well act accordingly.


"Yes dear. I'm on my way."











'Something, is not right. The smell..... it is strange, and not merely different. It is the scent of evil. Be on guard.' My senses were telling me as I entered the cathedral where the couple were to wed. Luna was sleeping in her quarters at the time. In fact, she was headed to bed when she woke me, having stayed up all night to search for a perceived threat. Was that the reason for my anxiety? The princesses were worried, and so too was I? Or perhaps it is that I am finally coming out from my half year in near isolation, with infrequent visits from those I knew who weren't petrified of what I am, into a crowd of those who are? Or, am I truly sensing something amiss, but I cannot determine what it is without changing form and causing a scene? Frustration upon frustration. Perhaps I should wed Luna. Goodness knows that if I could engage in activities restricted to the married I'd be able to relax for once.............. That was a joke although I'll admit a rather poor one.



As the preparations continued, I noticed something was not quite right with Twilight as well. She seemed suspicious of Cadence, who was not acting as her usual self. All others considered it to merely be pre wedding jitters, and the stress of a deadline, which it very well may be. Twilight on the other hand had a look of determination in her eye, a look of absolute certainty. She knew something was the matter, and was dead set on finding out what. Normally, I wouldn't give it a second thought, but with my own instincts telling me that she was on to something, I decided that I should follow her and make sure she didn't get herself in too deep of trouble.




'Curiosity killed the cat, so it's a good thing I'm a dog.'