• Published 31st Jan 2014
  • 613 Views, 6 Comments

No Adults - Ekluvstuff



During the Summer Sun Celebration, all the adults disappear, even all the princesses. Join the crusaders, Button Mash, spike and all the other kids in Ponyville as they deal with no adults, weird powers and a being who wants to rule them all.

  • ...
3
 6
 613

Prologue

No Adults
By Ekluvstuff
Prologue


"Mom,can I please have my gameboy back!" Button Mash asked.

"No, sweetie, its time for the princess to raise the sun."

"But, Mooom-"

The mayor of Ponyville was on the platform, a temporary stage, decorated with banner of the princesses and the Equestrian flag and deep red velvet curtains. In a formal but cheery voice she announced the Princesses Celestia, Luna and Twilight Sparkle to the stage. But Button Mash didn't care. He wanted his gameboy back.

With the sound of trumpets the princesses of Equestria came on to the stage. And with another flourish of trumpets, Celestia began the hover, raising the sun as she got higher. The sun rose and when it was at a certain point it blinded him, so he looked away.
It was a one in a lifetime chance to watch the Solar Princess raise the sun. And even rarer from it to be in Ponyville again. Most young fillies and colts would sell all there toys to just see the princess to raise the sun. It was on most normal pony's bucket list of things to do before they died.

Button ignored the magnificent sight completely. He rather be paying minecraft or something but this was a chance to impress Sweetie Belle. But he wasn't expecting it to be this boring.

Then, the worst thing ever happened to Button, Sweetie Belle, Apple Bloom, Scootaloo and all the other fillies and young colts in Ponyville, no Equestria happened. It didn't matter that some of the best rides in Equestria were just meters away or that the Wonder-bolts were going to preform later but then:


The speeches began.


It will be remembered as the event that lead to the event that lead to the event that changed a lot of foals in the town of Ponyville that day,the number tripled by the summer sun celebration. A very bad event mind you. A VERY VERY bad one.
But back to the story.

Meanwhile, at Camp Crusader, Sweetie Belle, Scootaloo, Babs Seed and Apple Bloom were sitting on the hard, cold ground, in awe while Celestia raised the sun. The way she flew while raising the sun in sync is a skill few have ever mastered, Celestia being the only pony alive who could (or is she?). When the star reached the right angle, the girl could not believe there eyes. And then they shouted in union;

" CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS SUN RAISERS, YAY!!!"


Pogo Smiles watched the Princess raise the sun, wondering how hard it is. Especially staying in sync with the sun. Did she practice or she did so many times she could do it in her sleep? All these question and more entered the red haired colt as the sun got higher in the sky.

When the speeches began, he began thinking how to find the answers to his questions. His Mom and Dad were clowns in one of the best travelling circus in Equestria and that's what they wanted him to be when he grew up so they wouldn't help.

He'll put on a disguise, thats what he'll do. He could put a blue wig on, say his name is oh, something like Royal Protecter and sneak to the only tree library in Equestria. Then read for hours on end, about how magic worked, Griffon culture, Sea pony legends, anything. And remember every single word.

Of course, he didn't tell his parents. They would disprove of him being a nerd and super smart. The thought of running away from the circus where he grew up sounded not such a bad idea. He'll dye his coat and mane brown, come up with a better name than 'Pogo Smiles'. Worst name ever.

Then when he got bored, he searched what he called 'The Knowledge'. He believed it was how some higher beings communicated. He had the ability to this as long as he could remember.One of his first memories was being on it and discovering that the earth revolved around the sun, opposed to the sun revolving around the earth, like he was always told. He never told anyone about this.

It was strange place but full of stuff to do. These beings were either gods long forgotten by ponies or aliens. He preferred the first one. How come they knew stuff about Equestria and pony-kind. And cared for them so much. Of course there were those who hated these 'gods' but there's probably some epic poem explaining the wars about this grudge and romance and stuff. He would read it happily.
Of course avoiding the dark stuff. He shuttered at the thought of it.


Zerica stirred the caldron, watching thin spirals of steam rise slowly. Up into the sky, chancing colour when a stray sunbeam from a dull grey to a vivid green.

It was the longest day of the year and that meant it was a perfect day to make potions and lotions, mainly potions. Aunt Zercora said today was the day because of the extra magical properties of the first ray being from a certain angle and that kind of thing. She heard hoof steps not far behind her.

"Remember the bet?"

"To not rhythm for as long as possible, starting today. Yes, I do."

"Aunt, can I go to the Summer Sun Celebration after I finish bottling this potion? Please, I've been stuck here for a week and theres supposed to be some of the best rides in Equstria." She put on her best doggy eye look.

"No, because you could go to some alley and-"
"Ok, I get it, I'm not allowed."

"Yes after that incident in Zebarfica, I can't risk it. Your parents are so worried about you, you know."

"Fine." She continued stirring the changeling potion. The changing potion was a strange potion which allowed a pony, if drunk to become a changeling for a day. It was made from changeling horns and wings, poison joke and the waters of the Horsian river. And it could only be made today at sunrise.

The idea of the century came into the young zebra's mind just then.


Spike knew Twilight was nervous. With the Summer Sun Celebration having a history of something bad happening, she had a good reason. Murders, conspiracies to kill any royalty present and weather terrorism and that was only last year.

So far, so good. No death threats, no missing Celestia or Luna and no pegasuii brewing up a storm. And no changeling army, spirit of chaos, evil king of old or revengeful princess of the night either
.
But that didn't stop Twilight pacing all night and fantasising worst case scenarios. Like aliens invading or thirty armies suddenly invading Equestria or Discord discovers better tactics, and try's to take over Equestria again or....

The list goes on and on..

She was on stage now, holding it together, just barely. Soon she will give a speech, a speech she has practiced so many times, she could do it in her sleep. Then she'll finally began to relax at Pinkie's 'The-speeches-are-finally-over-and-noting-bad-happened' party.
And there the young dragon will try and impress Rarity...


It had been defected four years ago on this very day.
It lost its only food source for the last 1,000 years.
For four years, it had schemed a plan.
A plan to get food.
A plan to get a new host.
A plan to not get defeat by the the elements again.
Today , it knew, was the day to put that plan in action.



All it had to fear was it's Nemesis.

Author's Note:

I just couldn't make good rhythms for Zercora.