• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,947 Views, 10 Comments

Nyx's Redemption - MaskedPony



Danger is on the horison and the children of shadow are out for revenge on Nyx. It's up to Nyx, her family and a mysterious dragon to take down the leader

  • ...
28
 10
 1,947

Foalcago

At the campsite, all were sleeping, all except Luna who was used to staying up at night. During the time, she picked up that somepony was having a nightmare. As it turned out it was Nyx. Luna knew that after the events of Nyx being Nightmare Moon, she started to have really bad nightmares. But this one, to Luna, felt really painful for her niece. She then went into Nyxs dream. In the dream she saw that Nyx was staring at something frightful, and was sheading tears.

Luna felt sorry for her. When Luna went into Scootaloos and Sweetie belles dreams, they weren’t terrible, but this, this was something awful. Luna then pulled Nyx and bought her to a safe location. Nyx looked up and saw her. "A-auntie Luna?" Nyx said in surprise.

"Looks like you're having a frightful nightmare?"

"Wait, we're in my nightmare?"

"Yes. I can tell that by this nightmare, you fear death, and killing somepony."

Nyx's eyes began to water completely. She was scared. She really was afraid to kill a villan. To her it felt like killing an innocent soul. A being that has a family. She then started to cry. Luna walk towards the filly and pulled her into a hug for comfort. "Relax, you need to conqure your fears. The fate of Equestria rests in your hands, you have the Equestrian Emeralds, and you have to stop Zelarfar." Luna informed. "It's becoming daylight, We must leave your dream."

The next Outpost

During the time everypony was having breakfest. Celestia was looking at the list of outposts they found at a previous outpost. They attacked most of them, over three of them remaining, and she guessed the last one might me Onagas outpost, also known as the command outpost.

As they were heading to the outpost, a lot of foes from previous outpost were waiting for them, however they didn't stand a chance for them. As they reached the new outpost, Outpost 51 Delta. Nyx then began to think of a second part of the plan. Suddenly she remembered something. Back when they fought Dark Shadows army, she and Rainbow Dash made a good team by Rainbow using Nyx as a blaster. She came by Rainbow. "Pst, Rainbow. I have an idea." Nyx said with pride.

"What is it Nyx you awesome little filly."

Nyx began to giggle at the nickname Rainbow gave her. "Use me as a blaster. This will help. Mom, do you think you can give us backup?"

Twilight came to Nyx and nuzzled her. "Of course Nyx."

"And Dad, can you give the single to attack."

"Roger."

Nyx then nodded and walked to her team, which she dubbed "The Nyxian Allience". She looked at them. "Glowing, go to a distants where you have a complete view over the whole base. Nyx, as always, your with me, We need to knock out the guards." Dark Nyx instructed.

"You know Dark Nyx, you kinda make a awesome leader. Maybe that's your talent."

"We'll see. Now lets get ready. We need to take out the guards. Do I make myself clear you two?"

Both Nyx, and glowing saluted Dark Nyx. "Yes Sir."

With that, glowing went to a distants where she can see everything, however it made her visible. Twilight walked up to Glowing and smiled. "I'll cloak us." she said with a smile, as she cloaked them both.

As they were cloaked, Glowing then turned on the communicator. "Nyx, Dark Nyx, do you copy?" Glowing asked

"Loud and clear."

"Okay. I'll insturct you where the patrol ponies are."

With that, Nyx and Dark Nyx began their attack. Glowing made sure to tell them where the guards are. Dark Nyx and Nyx took out the guards and made sure they are knocked out. Nyx then turned on her communicator and made sure to contact Lunar. "Dad, the guards are knocked out, we will let them know we're here." Nyx said over the communicator. "Glowing, prepare to attack. Mom, I guess you know what to do."

"Roger."

With that Dark Nyx sounded the alarm. The troops came out, and at that moment, they saw the royal guard, Celestia, Luna, Twilight, Lunar, Glowing, and Nyx and Dark Nyx. They then prepared to attacked. At that moment, the unicorns were firing at one another, but the Outpost ponies were outnumbered. Nyx, Dark Nyx, and Glowing, were surronded by the Children of the Shadow. Just at that moment, Rainbow Dash came down and picked up Nyx. "Need help Nyx?" Rainbow asked, only to get a nod.
at that moment, Nyx was firing magic shots at the children of the shadow, while Dark Nyx and glowing helped. The battle was going on and on. at that moment, the children of the shadow that were outposted their were defeated. Nyx saw one of them try to get up. She ran up to him and knocked him down. "You forget a thousand things a day. Make sure this is one of them." Nyx said.

At that moment, all the children of the shadow disappeared as usual. The group then began to search the outpost for anything with information about the vault of Zelarfar. As usual, they didn't find any. They turned to Blaze with curiousity. "Why do they not keep info at areas they are assigned to?" Twilight asked.

"During my time with them, before my betrayal, Onaga always keeps info stashed with him. apparently he gave the outpost list to one of the members."

"Talk about not thinking straight."

With no luck the group began to head to the next outpost. They needed to attack another one. they are almost close to Onagas base, and their battle with him will began.

Onagas last straw

At onagas outpost, Onaga was resting in his bed. He needed plenty of rest due to the battle with Nyx. Despite his loses, Onaga began to get angry at the failures of his crew. He was almost close to demoting the patrol ponies. At that moment, Lt. Firestrike came in. "Uh Onaga. You're gonna hate this."

At this point, Onaga began to hold his anger. He needed to remember that he needs to hold his anger like the doctor in the infermary said because Onagas side started hurting when he released his anger. Onaga sighed. "Let me guess. They got the base?"

"Yes sir! we are failures."

Onaga felt bad for firestrike, he knew firestrike was alittle sensitive to yelling. He walked to firestrike and smiled. "Firestrike, don't feel bad, I know you don't like yelling." he said calmly.

"A-a-are you gonna yell?"

"No. Firestrike I know your not a criminal, but wrongfully accused for a crime you didn't commit and want revenge. But failure means you need to try again."

Firestrike began to listen to what Onaga is telling him. "Besides, failing means you get them another time. I only get mad because the best recruits lose. you, are more then that, you're something more. Now since the outpost has been capture, Go to Tempest, he will give you the orders. Your with him. Do I make my self clear?"

"Yes sir."

With that firestrike began to walk to Tempest's location. At this point, Onaga sat in his chair by his table and looked down. He was shocked that the outposts are being taken over. He, of all the dragons in Equestria, was the best in the wars. But this, was something. He knew that when they arrive at his base, he will bring them the fight. If he fails he will relocate to the vault of Zelarfar and wait until Nyx shows up there.

Planing the final outpost attack

The next Outpost attack went very well. After they attacked the other outpost, they attacked the next outpost. Now only one outpost remains, Onagas Outpost.
At the campsite, the others were resting. They had a big day attacking the outposts. Nyx was tired and was resting. She was tired from using magic. Twilight held Nyx close to her as she rested. At that moment, Nyx looked at Twilight. "Mom, do I have to... you know, do it to Onaga?" Nyx asked as she was scared to say the word kill.

Twilight nodded. "it's best for the safety of Equestria. Besides, you won't be getting arrested."

Nyx then laid on Twilight trying to rest. Twilight held her close to her. She had to admit, that Nyx used a lot of magic today and she was tired. She knew that if a Unicorn, or Alicorn uses to much magic, they become tired. At that moment, Celestia came in and told Twilight a meaning was happening. Twilight tucked Nyx in her sleeping bag, and instructed Tex to keep an eye on her.

As Twilight arrived at the meaning, she sat close to Lunar. Celestia looked at all the solders/guards, the mane 6 and Lunar. She was going to explain the final out post attack. "Okay listen up. We have one more outpost. It's Onagas outpost. Now this will be different."

Celestia then went on and explain the new attack. She knew Foalcago was close to Onagas fortress. Turns out that they proved that walking to Foalcago taking one month wrong. As she explained the plan, they had to admit, this was a great plan. They then began to listen to the rest of the plan. This was going to be, the big attack.

Nyxian Allience vs Onaga
battle 2

At Onagas base, he was sound asleep. He knew that the army didn't stand a chance against his. As he was sleeping, he began to laugh that Nyx's army won't stand a chance. At that moment, Tempest came running in to Onagas tent. "ONAGA! THEY'RE HERE!" Tempest said in shock.

Onaga woke up and stared at Tempest. He was shocked. "Prepare to fight. I'll fight the little ones."

Outside, the ponies were fighting. The light army was winning. As they were fighting, Onaga came out of his tent and starred at the fillies. He got ready to fight. He was mad. As they were fighting, Nyx, Dark Nyx, and Tempest teamed up and started their fight with Onaga. They even combined their magic and zaped Onaga with a lazer that send him falling backwards.

As the fight went on, The children of the Shadow were on the ground. Onaga however lost to the fight. He looked at them in Disbelieve. He then had Tempest teleport all the Children of the Shadow, and Onaga to the vault.

Foalcago

Nyx, and the others now arrived at Foalcago. To their eyes, Foalcago was all destroyed. Rubble everywhere, destroyed building, everything. They began to walk towards the path they were taking. Celestia looked at Luna. "I would never thought of returning to the ruins of Foalcago again." Celestia said.

As they were walking, they saw skeletons of ponies who used to live here. Lots of lives were lost during the time when Foalcago was destroyed by Zelarfar. Nyx started shivering from head to hoofs. This was the first time she saw something like this.

As they were walking, they saw a pony. A pony with a explore hat, and a green vest. The pony had it'ts hat to it's chest. Rainbow recgonized the pony. It was Daring Do. "D-Daring Do?" Rainbow said.

Daring Do then looked at Rainbow Dash with surprise. She didn't expect her big fan to be here. "Rainbow? What are you doing here?"

"What you doing here?"

"One of my ancesters lived here in Foalcago. Danger Zone. She study ancient history. But she died here when that thing attack this place. Now why are you here?"

"We are heading to the vault of Zelarfar, someone is trying to awaken Zelarfar."

Daring Do eyes went wide. Zelarfar, being reawakened? This shocked her. Nyx then stepped up. "I'm the only one that can stop Zelarfar. Since I have..."Nyx began to focus and the Equestrian Emeralds started to float around her. "These."

Darings eyes widen. She couldn't believe her eyes. Of all Treasure hunters, including Ahuizotl and Dr. Caballeron, the Equestrian Emeralds were known for being targeted by evil for evil purposes and evil deeds. Daring looked at Twilight. "Uh, Princess Twilight, is it, may I talk to you for a moment?" Daring asked.

Twilight then followed Daring to an area where they can talk, Daring looked at Twilight curiously. Daring remembered during her vacation time in Ponyville, Twilight told her that she had a daughter. "Why does your daughter have the Emeralds?" Daring asked in shock.

"She found them and turns out she's destined. That's why we are going to the vault."

"So you are planning to unleash Zelarfar?!"

"No no. My sweet little Nyx won't do such a deed. Onaga wants to release Zelarfar, so we have to defeat him and Zelarfar.

At the name Onaga, this made Daring Do scared. She heard about Onagas name in the newspapers. They were titled "Hero dragon turns evil". Daring Do then looked at Twilight. "So, you are planning on going to the vault and stopping this?" Daring asked

"Yes."

"Very well, according to what I know about the history of the vault, it's located in a cavern. You will find it very easily."

Twilight then nodded to Daring. "Thank you Daring."

Daring then began to take to the air "Good Luck."

Twilight then headed back to the group who looked at her curiously. They wanted to know what happened. At that moment, she told them what Daring said where the vault is located. Apparently, Celestia remembered the cavern. After Zelarfar was sealed in the vault, the Cavern earn the name "Aincent Cavern of Zelarfar". With that they decided to set up camp.

Evening

That Evening, everypony was in their tents. During the time, Celestia had guards patrol the perminiter to prevent attacks. Nyx was in her tent chatting with Dark Nyx, and Glowing. Twilight was with Lunar outside looking at the night sky. Twilight looked at Lunar with a curious look."L-Lunar, this has been bugging me, but I have to know. How did you have control over your actions when you had the Shadows blessing on you?" Twilight asked.

"Every blessing has different effect, you told me you were blessed, but you had control but had a order to kill your daughter. For the shadows blessing, you have till midnight until the blessing gains control."

Twilight then put a wing around Lunar and nuzzled him. She then looked at him with a smile. "How did Luna become your mother?" Twilight asked

"She said she found me on her balcony with a note. Apparently, Aunt Celestia didn't like it at first, but she got use to it seeing how much mom loved me. When I was blessed, I started hating her, but when she was banished to the moon, I lost it and froze myself in time, not only because I was under Dark Shadows control, but to reunite with my mom."

Twilight then pull her coltfriend into a hug and planted a kiss on his cheek. She really cared for him After a while she and Lunar decided to hang outside for a while

Sadness in daylight, the ambush and the vault

The next day, the whole camp woke up. Today they were going to continue their journey to the vault. The vault would take 12 days to get to, because of how far it is. As they got ready, Twilight had to make sure Nyx was prepared.

As they were walking through the Foalcago ruins, they could only see Ash, remains, rubble, and dried up lakes with sea pony skeletons. Fluttershy, of all ponies the group, felt sorry for the ones that lived in Foalcago. As they were walking, They saw more skeletons, probably the ones that were trying to leave Foalcago when Zelarfar was attacking the place.

Celestia, never thought of returning to Foalcago after it's fate. At that moment, they saw one skeleton, a skeleton that Celestia was familiar with. This skeleton was the remains of the pony who created the vault of Zelarfar. It was the remains of Star Bolt. Star Bolt. At this moment, Celestia walked up to the remains, and went down to the remains. She was now crying. Twilight noticed it. "P-princess, are you crying?" Twilight asked

"St-star Bolt..."

At that point, tears were rolling down Celestias eyes. Twilight then looked at Luna. "Why is Celestia crying?" she asked worriedly

"Those are the remains of Star Bolt. Star Bolt was Celestia first ever friend. He visited her a lot. When he defeated Zelarfar, he died after the vault was created due to magic overload. Ever since his death, Tia never made another friend."

The mane 6, Lunar, Nyx, Dark Nyx, and Glowing Aurora felt bad for Celestia. losing a friend was one thing to feel bad about, but what was worse that she is immortal and being immortal means you see others die. Vowing to never make a friend was worse thing for one to do. At that moment, an ambush happened. They were surrounded by Onagas army. “Attention dirtbags, stand down you’re surrounded. You have the chance to drop your repons and be taken to custody, we can do this the easy way or the hard way...ugh what the? the pony said as Discord tackled him.
“You will be standing down. all of you, go to the vault, it’s west of here.”

Nyx then looked at him. “We are not leaving without…”

“JUST GO! I will handle this! GO!”

Celestia then nodded an all of them began to head west. As they were running Discord was heard using his chaos powers to fight the ambushers. After a few minutes of running, they came to a cave. a cave like no other. It was large, and had a mysterious glow in it. Celestia then knew what this cave was. “It’s… the vault of Zelarfar.”

As they looked at it, Blaze comfirmed it was indeed the vaults cave. At that very moment Twilight looked at Celestia. “Should we all go in there?”

“No Twilight, only Nyx and Dark Nyx can.”
Lunar looked at Celestia like she was crazy. “Are you crazy aunt Celestia? What if she get’s killed? Or more importantly, hurt?”

Tex then stepped up. “That is why I chosen to go with them, to make sure they are safe.”

“So will I.” Blaze said as he walked up. “I’m not doing this just to take revenge on my father, I’m doing this for Spike, and Equestria.”

At that moment, Nyx noticed Dark Nyx trembling. It seemed she was scared. After calming her down, Nyx, Dark Nyx, Blaze, and Tex then began to walk in the cave. As they were walking in the cave, Nyx and Dark Nyx casted the light spell, and proceeded forward. As they proceeded, they fought through alot of Onagas troops and came across another cave enterence.

As they proceeded through they then saw what shocked them. In the center of the ground was a vault door, and in the center was an enraged Onaga.