• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,934 Views, 10 Comments

Nyx's Redemption - MaskedPony



Danger is on the horison and the children of shadow are out for revenge on Nyx. It's up to Nyx, her family and a mysterious dragon to take down the leader

  • ...
28
 10
 1,934

Close to Foalcago

Author's Note:

Sorry for the delay

Here is the next chapter

The next attack went well on Outpost 22 alpha. Their plan was well thought out. They had to admit, that it was unexpected they had to go through a lot of members of the children of the shadow on the path to the outpost. During the attack at the Outpost, Nyx, Dark Nyx, and Glowing played their role well with Twilight, and Lunar. As they defeated the ponies outposted at the outpost, they then went their way to the next area.

At Onagas outpost he was mad that, what he now dubs, the army of the light, has took down another outpost. This made him mad. He had to make sure that he's prepared for the attack on his base.

Now it was dawn, and the group were at the next outpost. They attacked the outpost, however, they did put up a fight. Glowing was scouting the area from a distants, as she was looking for anything out of the oridnary, she spotted a figure approching the base. She then turned on the communicator. "Everypony, a figure is entering the Outpost." Glowing said.

At that momment, the figure came close and Celestia knew this pony. He's known for many cimes he did in the past, even murder, and treason. "Solar Tempest." Celestia said. All the ponies, Tex, Nyx and Dark Nyx looked at Celestia, she knew this pony somehow.

"How nice of you to remember me you traitor."

"Come back to the light Tempest, you don't know what you're doing. Let us remove the blessing."

Tempest laughed evily. He had to admit, Celestia didn't have no clue about anything. "Me, join the light. You think i'm a fool? I'M A CRIMINAL, ONE THAT BREAKS THE LAWS! As for the blessing, only Dark Shadows men had the blessing. As for me and the new children of the shadow, we don't have a blessing, only black hearts."

At that moment, Tempest attacked Nyx. He was Attacking her with magic, trying to knock her out. At that moment, Dark Nyx saw what was happening. "You dare hurt my twin? "Dark Nyx said with anger."

"So you found out, once she is at the vault, she will suffer."

As she heard that word, Dark Nyx entered a phase different then Nyx's, a rampage phase. At that moment, Dark Nyx ran and kicked Tempest causing him to fly. Twilight went and picked up Nyx. Dark Nyx went charging at Tempest and the battle between Dark Nyx and Tempest went on for 5 minutes. As the battle ended, Tempest was hurt kinda badly. He looked at all of them with a glare. "You may of beaten me, but you won't beat Onaga." Tempest hissed and disapeared in a blink of an eye.

As he was gone, the others looked at eachother, but they then decided to head to a area to set up camp to let Nyx relax.

Onaga rage

At Onagas base, Onaga was drinking his drink. He was waiting for a report from Tempest. He knew that this war would be tough, but it seemed like something was up. Despite the war, he wanted vengence against Celestia for what she did. At that moment, Tempest came walking, or rather limping in. Onaga noticed Tempest limping in. He ran to his side. "Tempest, what happened?" he asked in furry

"I did like you said, but, Dark Nyx was over powered and she beaten me. It's like... She is some kind of demon."

"Tempest, as your leader, I order you to go to the infermary, you need medical attention. Go."

"But sir..."

"I know what you were going to say, outpost has been taken over, and the surprise attacked failed. Now, go to the infermary."

"Yes sir."

With that, Tempest limped his way out, however, Onaga had a recruit help him incase he falls. As Tempest was out of the tent, Onaga was mad. He and that other thing created Dark Nyx, He vowed that once Nyx is finished, he'll get part of Equestria also. But at the rate the war was going, it may not happen. At this point, Onaga released his anger.

Nyx rest

At the new camp, Twilight was holding Nyx close to her. Nyx got hurt from Tempest, but luckily Dark Nyx prevented it. Dark Nyx was glad she saved Nyx's life from the attacker.

As Twilight was holding Nyx, Nyx looked at her mother with a worried look. "M-mom, is this what war is like?" Nyx asked

"Yes? Why?"

"I guessed I failed."

"NYX, never say that."

Nyx looked at her mom with worry. "I shouldn't have found those emeralds, they caused this."

"Nyx, theres one thing you should know."

"And whats that? heros die with honor or failiure?"

"No... I have Dash tell you."

Dash then looked at Nyx with a smile and rustled her mane. "Nyx, heros never back down. Heros are known for being brave and courages, and always ending up saving the day. Heros never give up, not until the bitter end. But if you save Equestria Nyx, you won't be called Nightmare Moon anymore, but you will be dubbed a national hero." Rainbow explained

"Huh?"

"What I'm saying is that, Heros never let fear get in their way. When me and your mom took down the original Nightmare Moon, we didn't know we were the ones to use the elements of harmony. When we reimprisoned Discord in stone, and ended the chaos, we became heros, then theres you, you took control of equestria, but never letted your past sins take control. You faced them and even saved your home and friends from the everfree forest creatures. Even you ended Dark Shadow and became Equestrias youngest princess."

Nyx then took it in. She then realized it. She can win. She and Dark Nyx are like a two mare army. Glowing was like their eyes from a distants and helps them. But Nyx's main worry was Zelarfar, if she can't defeat it, she will be a failure.

At this point, Lunar came in to the tent with lunch. Nyx was starving after what happened and she began to eat. As they began to eat, Fluttershy came in and looked them. "Um I hope i''m not inturupting anything, but I just want to know if Nyx is okay. If you don't mind me asking." Fluttershy asked nicely while hiding behind her mane.

"I'm okay Fluttershy, I owe Dark Nyx though. She saved me."

"I know, but you got hurt."

"Fluttershy, I am okay. know need to worry."

"Okay."

As they finished eatting, their friends came in and looked at Nyx. They were glad that Nyx was not harm. They then decided to hang out for a while.

In another tent, Celestia, Luna, Blaze, and Discord were looking over at Nyx's tent. They were shocked that Nyx was okay. Luna walked up to her sister. "You got to admit Tia, are little niece is starting to be like miss Dash, never taking pain seriously." Luna admitted

At that moment, Discord came up. "She must be lucky to survive that. Besides, the fate of Equestria rest in her hands."

At this moment, Celestia looked at Discord and Luna. "She is the only pony that can defeat Zelarfar, along with Dark Nyx since the powers of the Equestrian Emeralds flow through them both. Besides, Nyx is like a student to me."

Luna then looked at Celestia. She had a question about Dark Nyx. Since Dark Nyx met Nyx, and teamed with her, Nyx has been treating Dark Nyx like a twin sister. She wondered what she'll do with her. "Tia? about Dark Nyx. When this Onaga mess is clear, what do you think your gonna do with Dark Nyx?" Luna asked

"Well, seeing how close their releationship is... I see that seperating them isn't an option... I guess I can have Twilight take custody of Dark Nyx and Dark Nyx become Nyxs sister... But we have to wait."

ANOTHER ONE DOWN

The next day, Celestia,her army, the mane six, Nyx and Dark Nyx, and the others, fought their way through a army of children of the shadow on their way to the next destination. The children of the shadow put up one heck of a fight, but made it through. As they approched the area, they noticed something different about this outpost. It had Spotlights. They had to think of a strategy.

As they made their strategy, Tex went to the spot lights and disable them. The next thing Nyx and Dark Nyx took out the guards, and the battle began. However they were surprised how many unicorns were there. The unicorns put up a big fight, but it didn't stop Celestias army. As the children of the shadow army that was outposted there were defeated, Nyx looked at one of them. "You think you can win this war don't you." Nyx taunted

"You will pay..."

"Will I? Now let me me clarifiy one thing. No one tries to hurt me or my family. NO ONE!"

At this point, all the unicornsand other ponies that were ouposted there disappeared. As they were leaving, Celestia made sure to destroy the outpost. After the outpost was destroyed, They began to head to their next location. Twilight saw a look in Nyxs eyes it was a serious look. "Nyx, are you okay?" Twilight asked.

"No. I won't rest until these "Children of the Shadow" jerks are put to an end. They think they can take are land, and open the vault to destroy are land? Well I'm gonna show them what a fight is about."

Twilight had to admit, Nyx was very serious about this. She nuzzled Nyx and the army began to head to their next location while fighting their way through army of Onagas troops. They were a couple of bases to Onagas. they estimated 3-5 bases.

The Devious plan

At Onagas outpost, Onaga was walking about. He was visiting Tempest in the infermary since he was hurt. Tempests injurys wont servere by were only minor. Tempest was lucky to be alive. As Onaga was heading to his tent, A solder was coming to him. He knew this solder, it was Firewall. Onaga looked at him with a serious look. "I thought I outposted you at outpost 34? Why did you leave your post? ARE YOU TRYING TO GET DEMOTED?" Onaga asked.

"Well... How do I put this..... They took over the outpost."

"What the tardis. How are they beaten us. We are like a filly getting their money taken from them. How THE TARDIS, ARE WE GETTING THE BASES TAKEN OVER!?"
"I don't know. We had everything, Spotlights, Patrol, but when we went out their, the patrol were knocked out."

At this moment, Onaga snapped. He was so full of anger that he couldn't take it anymore. He had his best recruits outposted at the outposts and they got beaten. As he tried to calm down, he then looked at firewall. "What is the next outpost that they are going to?" Onaga asked

"Outpost 44 D."

"Well I guess I have to fight them over their. If I lose the fight, I'll wait for the next fight at our outpost. FIrewall, take control of this base until I return. Either victorious or defeated."

"Yes sir!"

Battle with Onaga

The Next morning, Nyx got up and got prepared for battle. That morning, Twilight tried to prevent Nyx from fighting due to what Tempest did, but she changed her mind when Lunar told her Nyx has Dark Nyx to protect her.

As they were heading towards the next area where the children of the shadow are outposted, They noticed something suspicious, there was no abuse attack, no wave to fight through, nothing. As they reached the outpost, they noticed that there was tons of patrol men out there. It seemed to them that everytime that the children of the shadow that were outposted at a previous outpost, they head back to their main outpost. Dark Nyx looked down at the ground. "DANG IT ONAGA! HE KNOWS ARE BATTLE PLAN!" Dark Nyx complained.

"Eh?" Nyx said.

Dark Nyx sighed. "When I was living at the fortress of the shadows, There was this one unicorn named Firewall. He is best known for ratting plans out for enemies, which cause enemies to lose."

"So, what's the plan?"

Dark Nyx had to think. This was like a rock in a hard place. Dark Nyx always came with ideas, but this time it was different. Just then, Discord came up to her. "Why don't you use that "Ability" you have. The one with the clone or what ever it is."

Dark Nyx then had a light bulb over her head. "Lightbulb!"

At this point, Dark Nyx walked close to the path to the outpost, and created the clone. The real Dark Nyx turned invisible. As the clone went to the outpost, the Children of the Shadow saw it. "INTRUDER! IT"S DARK NYX!" one of them yelled. At that moment, they then saw a whole army charging down, with three fillies in the front. "SWEET LUNA! MEN, ATTACK!"

At this point, the brawl began. Nyx, Dark Nyx, and Glowing began their fight. As a group of ponys were charging at the 3 from all sides, Nyxs horn glew and it struck all of them, making the group of ponies charging from all sides move slow. Dark Nyx then used her magic, and she started moving faster then the speed of sound, hitting the group. As Nyx deactivated the spell, the group flew and landed on the ground.

At that moment, something exited from the tent. It was a dragon, it was Onaga. As he caught sight of the group, he laughed like a madman who just murdered a group of ponies. "Well well well, Fancy meeting you here, CELESTIA!" Onaga hissed.

"Onaga."

"And if it ain't the little Backstabber."

Dark Nyx growled at Onaga. "Shut up you phsycopath."

At this point, he saw all the ponies, even his main target, Nyx. He then laughed evily. At this point Nyx got ready to fight, So did Onaga. As the fight began, Nyx was dodging all of Onagas attacks. She went behind him and did a move that Rainbow Dash taught her, The Rainbow buck kick. Onaga then turned around and tried to attack Nyx, but failed. At that moment Nyx was getting mad. She then charged the emeralds, and looked at Dark Nyx. "D.N., your turn." Nyx said.

Dark Nyx nodded and began to fight Onaga. Onaga charged at Dark Nyx, but missed. As she was behind him, she ran to a distants, and charged at him like a bull charging at a pony with a red cape. As she buck kicked Onaga in the chest, she sent him flying. Onaga landed on a tent and looked at Dark Nyx. Wh-what? Are the emerarlds giving her.... THATS IMPOSSIBLE! Onaga screamed in his mind.

After a long fight, Onaga was not hurt, but suffered minor injuries. He looked at the tryants while panting. "YOU WILL PAY! THE NEXT TIME WE FIGHT, IT WON'T BE EASY!" Onaga barked.

At that point, Onaga vanished. As he was gone, the group then headed to a area to set up camp. They had to rest, Including Nyx and Dark Nyx, since they fought a tough enemy. But the hoped they will be victorious

Infarmary

Onaga arrived back at his outpost. However as he arrived he fell straight to the ground panting. He was tired from the fight, and feeling the minor Injuries. As he was catching his breath, Firewall caught his attention. He ran up to Onaga. "Sir! What happened?" Firewall asked as he was helping Onaga up with his magic.

"Nyx..... She defeated me. Not only her, But Dark Nyx also." Onaga said as he was holding his area where he was hurt.

"Sir, you're hurt."

"I'm going to the infarmary. If anyone asks where I am, say nothing. Understand?"

"Of course sir, you have my word."

With that, Onaga walked to the infarmary tent. As he was out of site, Firewall went his way. He had to talk to Tempest. They only had few more bases before Celestias army reaches their base.

info revealed

At the camp site, all the ponies, and recruits were in Celestias tent for a meeting. She was going to reveal who these Ponies are. As Celestia walked in, she looked at all the ponies. It was time to tell them about those ponies. "I bet you are wondering who these ponies we are fighting are." Celestia said calmly

"Who are they?" Twilight asked.

"These ponies we are fighting, are ponies that I locked up many years ago. Solar Tempest, for example, was arrested for muder, Breaking and entering, and robbery."

All the ponies were shocked. Their foes are derange criminals that were locked up for crimes they commited. They however didn't know how these criminals manage to break out of prison. Dark Nyx was shocked to learn this. She then raised a hoof. She needed to know about the others. "Your highness, what was Firewall arrested for?" Dark Nyx asked.

"Firewall was arrested for treason, assault, larceny, battery, and murder."

Through out the meeting, Celestia explained about these ponies. She then explained that a unexpected prison break at the area where the criminals were held in occured and a lot of criminals escaped. She then said they suspected Onaga to be the one responsible for the break in since he has the ability to shapeshift. But it then turned out that Onaga was responsible for the break in since Blaze said Onaga broke in there.

As the meeting went on, they had two options when Onaga is defeated and Zelarfar is defeated. The first option was to arrest Onaga, or kill Onaga for all the crimes he commited and all the lifes he took. It was put into a vote and very few of the army wanted Onaga to be arrested, but the rest wanted Onaga to be killed. As a result, killing Onaga became the plan. As this was chosen, Nyx began to freak out. "I have to kill Onaga?" Nyx asked shakily

"Yes." Celestia said

"B-but I-I'll get arrested."

"Nyx. You won't we'll at war."

"But..."

Twilight then came by Nyx and nuzzled her. Nyx looked at her mom with worry. "Nyx, you won't be arrested for killing Onaga. Besides, Dark Nyx will be helping you. She's like your sister."

"Do you promise I won't get arrested mommy?" Nyx said with a tear in her eye.

"Cross my heart, hope to fly, stick a cupcake in my eye." Twilight said preforming the Pinkie Promise.

"O-okay."

With that, they then made their plan for the 3 bases coming up. They man both a plan A and a plan B. Like what happened at the previous outpost, they needed to make a back up plan in case something like that happens again.

As the meeting concluded, all the ponies went to their tents. Celestia looked at them heading back at their tents. She knew Nyx was scared to kill someone, but she knew it was best for Equestria.