• Published 17th Apr 2014
  • 1,947 Views, 10 Comments

Nyx's Redemption - MaskedPony



Danger is on the horison and the children of shadow are out for revenge on Nyx. It's up to Nyx, her family and a mysterious dragon to take down the leader

  • ...
28
 10
 1,947

Nyx Meets Dark Nyx

It was now friday and Twilight and Lunar were working at the library. Twilight decided to have Nyx miss school for a couple days so she could recover from what happen, Cheerilee even allowed it. Twilight and Lunar knew Nyx would hate missing school, however due to what happen, Nyx knew it would be best. Twilight even informed her parents what happen to their granddaughter, and then informed Cadance and Shining Armor about what happened.

Tex was upstairs hanging out with Nyx and talking to her. Since the incident, Tex always made sure Nyx was doing okay. Nyx however, remembered when she was temporary living with her godmother Rainbow Dash, Rainbow taught Nyx how to be a tough pony and ignore the pain. She had to admit, Rainbow knew a lot about being tough since she is a tomboy mare. Just then Nyx heard her stomach grumble. Tex chuckled at this. "I guess you're hungry." Tex said

"I am, can ask mom if she can make me a daisy daffodil sandwich? Please Tex."

"Sure. anything for you Nyx."

Tex then got up and headed downstairs. As she went into the main room of the library she saw Twilight looking at her. "Twilight, Nyx wants a daisy daffodil sandwich. Can you make her one, shes hungry?" Tex asked

"Sure. Does she want to....eat in her room."

"I guess so, since you know, what happened at School yesterday."

"Why don't I teach you how to make the sandwich Tex."

"Okay."

Tex then followed Twilight into the kitchen and she saw Lunar sitting at the table. Twilight informed him that Nyx is hungry and she will be eating in her room. Lunar was okay with it.

Twilight then ran through the steps with Tex on making the sandwich and Tex was learning easily. As they finished, Tex thanked Twilight and she took it to Nyx. As she went into the room, she gave Nyx the sandwich and Nyx saw the look on Tex's face. "Mom taught you how to make it?" she asked

"Yes."

Nyx then began to eat. Nyx remembered when she was Nightmare Moon, this was her favorite food. As she ate, Tex smiled at her. Tex then decided to relax a little since Nyx was going to be home for the rest of the day. But she had a nagging feeling something is going to happen

Dark Nyx POV

At the fortress. Dark Nyx was seen in the halls. the first day she was at the fortress, she was shown the room that Onaga gave her. She had to admit, Onaga, as her creator, knew how to make the bedroom for her to her own liking. Earlier in the day, she spent the time training how to control her magic and flying. She was now roaming through the halls of the Shadow fortress thinking to herself. Onaga, what more can I ask from you. She thought.

As she was walking down the hall she was hearing a voice from inside the room she was near. It was one she knows, it belonged to Onaga. She then decided to listen in. She knew onaga would hate this, but it was worth doing. As she listen it sounded like Onaga was talking to someone. He was talking to Tempest. Dark Nyx knew Tempest as a pony she trusted. "Sir why do you want Dark Nyx to take Nyx to the vault?" Tempest asked.

"Because, the only way the vault of Zelarfar will open is with the user of the Equestrian Emeralds."

"So... Once the deed is done, what will happen to Dark Nyx?"

"She will be destroyed."

Dark Nyx let out a gasp in what she just heard. Wh-what? I'm gonna be destroyed after the objective is complete? Dark Nyx thought.

"Why does she have to be destroyed?"

"Because, she is a pawn. use for doing the dirty work, and then to take the down fall."

At this point, Dark Nyx was mad. She was being used as a pawn for amusement and going to be destroyed. She then had anger in her eyes. ONAGA, YOU..YOU TRAITOR! she screamed in her mind.

At this point, Dark Nyx, ran to her bedroom and locked her inside and cried. She was hurt. Dark Nyx had her head in her pillow. She couldn't believe this. As she cried, she then remembered the one name, Nyx. Nyx was the filly they are after, and the one she's based off. Dark Nyx then began thinking to herself what she will do. Just then, she hit something. Onaga is after Nyx, and she is meant to kidnap her and take her to the vault. She made a decision, she would do the right thing. "I'll help Nyx, I can't believe this happened."she whispered to herself

News

On saturday, The cmc came over to see Nyx. They all bought cards the class made for Nyx. Each student made one, even one Nyx didn't expect, one from Diamond Tiara. Each of the students were hoping Nyx makes a full recovery. Diamond Tiara, for the first time, hope Nyx recovers and she never knew this would of happened. However she stated she isn't calling peace, but she hopes Nyx recovers. Nyx was okay with it and she was okay if Diamond wasn't calling peace.

When the cmc were hanging with Nyx, they were having a good time. As they hung out, They were wondering what Applebloom and Glowing Auroras talent would be, since both Sweetie belle and Scootaloo have their cutie marks. Nyx even mentioned the nightmare she had the day before the attack.
Twilight and Lunar however received letters from Twilight's parents and both Cadence and shining armor. They both hoped Nyx was okay. Shining also mentioned he was training recruits for the war. As time went on they heard the cmc laughing. They both smiled at each other that their daughter was recovering. As noon came, The cmc left and Nyx came down stairs to eat.

Dark Nyx's betrayal

it was now Saturday evening at the fortress. Dark Nyx was seen walking in the halls of the fortress. Today was the day she will betray Onaga. She planned it out, she had to fight her way out of the fortress. As she reached the destination, she saw a member of the children of the shadow looking at her. "Dark Nyx, wh-what are you doing out of your room?" wind gust asked.

"Revenge."

"What?"

Just then, Dark Nyx's horn started glowing and wind gust gulped. He tried to run but a magic missile hit him launching him through the door alerting the others. The others noticed and walked towards wind gust. He got up and looked at Dark Nyx. The others were thinking he was nuts. "YOU TRAITOR!" he shouted.
Dark Nyx then charged in and started combat. The children of the shadow were prepared and they started attacking. However they underestimated her. Dark Nyx was more powerful than them. She knocked some of them out cold, and headed towards the door. As she exited, Onaga came in and noticed his troops on the ground, even Tempest. "What happened?' he demanded

"Dark Nyx, she betrayed us."

At this moment, Onaga ran out the door with a couple of members of the Children of the Shadow. At that moment, they reached the entrance to the fortress. As they went outside, they looked around and saw the patrol guards were knocked out, However, they saw Dark Nyx, looking at them with a look. "See ya Onaga." Bidded Dark Nyx. at that moment, Dark Nyx took off to the air and head to the direction of Ponyville.

Onaga clenched a fist and had a angry look. "SIr, would you like us to go after her?" asked firewall.

"Let it be. We will attack her someday."

Onaga then gathered the knocked out guards and brought them inside. Firewall looked at Silver Strike, they don't know what is up, but they decided to leave it for now and head in.

Nyx meets Dark Nyx

It was sunday morning and Twilight and Lunar were in the kitchen with Nyx. Nyx just made a full recovery and she was having pancakes Spike made for her. Twilight and Lunar were having their coffee. Celestia however got the word Nyx was attacked and she was glad Nyx was okay. As they were eating, Twilight looked at Nyx with a worried look. "Does the cut still hurt Nyx?" Twilight asked her daughter.

"No, its all better."

"Glad you are okay Nyx." Lunar said with a smile

As Nyx finished her breakfast, she waited for her mom and dad to finish their coffee. As they finished their coffee, they got up and bought their cups to the sink. With nothing left they headed towards the main room of the library, when suddenly, there was a knock at the door. Twilight, and Lunar were curious. it was early in the morning, and the library doesn't open for 2 hours. Twilight went to the door and opened it. She looked around and thought it was a prank. but she then heard a voice. "Is...is Nyx here?" the voice asked.

At that moment, she looked around and the voice came and told her to look down. Twilight did and she saw a filly. A alicorn filly. However, what shocked her was that the filly looke a lot like Nyx. "P-please, let me in." The filly plead

Twilight, thought of closing the door, but the filly wanted in. She let in the filly and the filly walked in. As she walked in she saw Nyx. Nyx was surprised. "You're Nyx?" it asked.

"Who are you?"

"My name, is Dark Nyx."

the three gasped at the name. Suddenly, Nyx remembered the attacker that got some of her blood on a dagger. She then remembered Spell Nexus saying that Nyx was created with Twilights blood. This made Nyx eyes widen. "You...you are created..."

"From your blood, yes."

"Wh-who created you?" Twilight asked

Dark Nyx sighed, she hoped they don't turn her in. "Onaga created me. I was meant to kidnap Nyx and take her to the vault. However, I found out that I am used as a pawn for Onagas amusement. So i betrayed him and I want to take him down."

Twilight noticed that the filly was afraid. It had a look indicating something was up. Lunar looked at Twilight, this was big. "We need to contact Celestia about this."

Twilight had to agree, she needed to contact Celestia about this. This was serious. And she needed to know. She got a scroll and began to write.

Dear Princess Celestia
I'm contacting you on an urgent manner.
A filly by the name of Dark Nyx, a filly created from Nyx's blood
has arrived at my door, and worse created by Onaga.
What's worse, the filly found out she is being used as a pawn,
and wants to take down Onaga.
Apparently her formal goal was to take Nyx to the vault,
but she now wants to take revenge on Onaga
for making her a pawn.
Can I have permission to have the filly live with us at the library
until a decision is made once the Onaga mess is clear?
from your formal student
Princess Twilight Sparkle

Twilight then had Spike deliver the letter to Celestia. As they waited for the letter, Twilight began to ask the Nyx lookalike questions. As she answered the final one, Spike came to Twilight with a letter. She then began to read it

Princess Twilight Sparkle
You have my permission to have temporary
custody of the filly by the name Dark Nyx,
until a decision is made after the whole
mess with Onaga is clear.
She will have the right to attend School.
Make sure you, Lunar, Tex, and Nyx keep an
eye on her.
Princess Celestia

Dark Nyx looked at Twilight with a scared look. She was afraid what the princess said. "Am...am I gonna be taken away?" Dark Nyx asked

"No, she gave us permission to have temporary custody of you until a decision is made once the Onaga mess is cleared."

At this point, Nyx walked up to Dark Nyx. She looked at her. Dark Nyx looked like her, she had the same mane style, same tail, it was like looking in a mirror. However there was a difference. Her coat, mane, tail, and eye color were different. Dark Nyx however didn't have a Cutie Mark. Twilight then told Nyx to take Dark Nyx to Nyx's room. As they entered Nyx's room, Tex stared at Nyx. But her eyes widen when he saw the other filly. "Who is that?" Tex asked.

"Tex, this is Dark Nyx. I think she is like my twin or double or something."

"Get back Nyx, she will hurt you."

"No Tex, she won't, she is on our side."

"You sure?"

Nyx nodded

With that Nyx hanged with Dark Nyx in the bedroom, they began to get along and know each other. As they got to know each other more, they began to bond. Nyx felt like this was the beginning of a good friendship.

Dark Nyx at Schoo

l

during sunday, Twilight went out and registered Dark Nyx for school. She's going to be in the same class as Nyx. It was now monday and Twilight was taking Nyx and Dark Nyx to school, while Tex followed. Nyx told Dark Nyx that school is a fun place and a great place to learn. As they approached the school building, Twilight bidding them farewell and went on her way. As they entered the building Cheerilee was greeting them.

As the bell rang, the class took their seats and cheerilee was at the board. "Alright class, today we have a new student. Please welcome our new student, Dark Nyx." Cheerilee greeted.

Dark Nyx stood there smiling. at that moment, Nyx looked at her and smiled. "Come, I take you to a seat." Nyx offered.

"Th-thank you Nyx."

Cheerilee smiled and Nyx lead Dark Nyx to a seat next to her. At that moment, the class were shocked. the new kid had the same name as Nyx. As they took their seats, Diamond was the first to speak. "They're two Nyx’s? How?" she said in shock.
"Diamond, no outbursts."

"Miss Cheerilee?" Nyx called.

"Yes?"

"Since it's Dark Nyx's first day, do you think I can help her out, since she's new?"

"Yes Nyx. You are welcome to."

Recess

It was now recess, and all the fillies and colts were outside playing. Nyx and Dark Nyx were with Nyx's friends. Nyx was introducing Dark Nyx to them. As they finished introducing themselves, Nyx was asked why she's named Dark Nyx. Nyx explained Dark Nyx is actually a copy of her due to the attacker, and is planning vengeance on her creator. The cmc were shocked at Dark Nyx. It was like looking in a mirror for them. The cmc then asked her if she wants to join the Cutie Mark Crusaders, since she doesn't have her cutie mark yet, and she gladly accepted.

Just at that moment, Dark Nyx noticed 7 figures in the distance. They were wearing hoods. As they got closer, she recognized the one in the front, it was firewall. As they got close, the students noticed. Nyx looked at them. "What you want?" she demanded

"You're coming with us Dark Nyx."

Dark Nyx then looked at them with a glare. "If you want me, fight me."

Nyx then figured she could help, she then decided to charge the emeralds. As they were charging, she noticed Dark Nyx was glowing. All the students gasped. Even Cheerilee who was watching the whole thing. she was at a lost of words. At that moment, The 7 hooded ponies were in shock. "Wh-what is this?" one of them asked

Just then Dark Nyx charged at them and knocked one of them backwards causing them to fly. She then used her magic to teleport, and teleported to one of them knocking them out. She then was being charged at, and she used her magic and used a spell. The spell caused a look alike to come and started running around. Dark Nyx, then charged at two of them causing them to be launched into the air, and crash to the ground.

Three were left. Dark Nyx then used her magic and zapped one of them, and launched them. Two were left, and they were stunned. They were scared. "NO, the emeralds are giving her power. I-it can't be. She's connected to Nyx's ability to use the emeralds. Retreat." One of them said

They then used their magic and caused all of them to disappear, all except for one. Dark Nyx let out a relieve. Nyx then let the emeralds disappear in her. All the students were shocked. The cmc's mouths were hanging open. they were shocked. Dark Nyx was like a one pony army, Dark Nyx noticed one of them waking up, and Tex came out of no where a grabbed him without touching him. Dark Nyx looked at him. "You failed." she said.

"You betrayed us."

"We are going to let you go, but tell Onaga, he doesn't stand one chance winning the war, or opening the vault. Understood?"

The pony nodded and Tex let him go, and the pony then vanished. Everypony gathered around Nyx and Dark Nyx with surprised looks on their faces. Cheerilee was speechless. It was like Dark Nyx was connected to Nyx's body. She then let recess continue.

Discovery

At the library, Twilight, Lunar, the mane 6, Tex, and both Nyx and Dark Nyx. were in the main room. The main 6 were surprised to meet Dark Nyx. After an explanation, The mane 6 were okay with Dark Nyx. As they chatted, Nyx mentioned something happened at School. She stated another attack happened, but what was weird was when she was about to charge the Equestrian Emeralds, Dark Nyx somehow received the Emeralds powers also, and protected the students. Twilight sent a letter to Celestia and she said she be at the library ASAP.

As she arrived, Twilight then explained what happened, along with Nyx, and Tex. As they finished their explanation. Celestia then knew what was up. "I think I know what is up Twilight."

"What?"

"Well, Dark Nyx is connected to Nyx's blood. Basically, When some of your blood was used to create Nyx, she was Invulnerable to the elements of harmony. However, since Nyx's blood was given to the ritual for Dark Nyx, Dark Nyx is connected to Nyx's power from the emeralds. Meaning when Nyx activates the power of the emeralds, Dark Nyx receives the exact amount of power making her as powerful as Nyx."

"So what does that make Dark Nyx to Nyx?"

"Well since it's the same like you and Nyx, making you Nyx's actual mother, it makes Dark Nyx Nyx's Sister."

They all gasped at this. Dark Nyx is Nyx sister through blood. Celestia then realized something. If Onaga is after both of them, this means they should play a role in the war. However Nyx needed to learn that ability from Glowing Aurora. Celestia then decided to prepare the troops. If Onaga is after the vault, there is only one option and one option only, destroy Zelarfar. Celestia then left to prepare the troops to go to the vault. The mane 6, Nyx, Dark Nyx, and Tex, are going to be part of the war.

Author's Note:

Heres the 2nd chapter. Quick thing to know, Dark Nyxs role is going to be huge.