• Published 30th Jan 2014
  • 8,167 Views, 776 Comments

The Greatest Show of Kindness - Sonik



A few days after the events of the royal wedding, Twilight gives news to Fluttershy to rat out any changelings she sees. This makes her anxious, so she takes a walk. On this walk, she finds something that she never thought that she would.

  • ...
25
 776
 8,167

Update (A Word from the Author)

Hello all! This is Sonik here, after more than two and a half years of complete radio silence.

I'm bringing this message today to explain what why I stopped writing this story.

Basically, it's because I really just dislike what I made this story. I liked the premise of the story, but there was no way that I was equipped with the creativity and writing skills necessary to come out with a well-functioning, well-written story. Especially after reading the great Magic Man's review of the story, I think the way I wrote the story felt generic, and the characters, after rereading it, are one-sided and bland compared to what I originally wanted.

Plus, after my mom died in 2015, with tomorrow (April 29) being the two-year anniversary, I just lost all motivation in life. Every day was a struggle to find any semblance of meaning for several months. My motivation for life eventually came back as I graduated from high school last year and got accepted into the college I wanted to go into in, but it didn't come back to me for writing.

All said, I have no intention of ever continuing this story, or ever writing fanfiction again. I've simply moved on in my life.

However, I wanted to open this story up. If anyone wants to take this story and rewrite it, go ahead. Maybe you can take this garbage and turn it into a radiant jewel of a story. In fact, I'd be thrilled to see a rewrite of this. I'm just not going to be the one to do it. If anyone does want to rewrite it and does, please send me a link to the story.

Thank you all very much.

Regards,

Sonik

Comments ( 26 )

So long! I hope you are able to write again someday.

Good luck with your life.

Best wishes.

I hope the best of wishes for you. And hey, I might take this as a possible starting fanfiction one day. You never know ;)

While I am sorry to see this wonderful story end, I don't blame you at all for it. Good luck with everything and hope you will feel better.

Good luck man hope it's not the end of this story.

You do what's best for yourself, Sonik. While I actually do think this was one of the best stories I've ever read on this site and I am sad to see it come to an end like this, I do understand that it's best for you to not force yourself to create something that will make you unhappy. I'm very sorry about your mother, and I do wish you the best in college and your future pursuits. Just never forget how talented you really are, and to keep looking for that unique spark that will make you stand out from the rest. Best wishes.

I've been there, so to speak. I hope everything turns out well with you and your life... Good luck! :ajsleepy:

*Furry Hug* I know what its like Lost my father last year and I'm still trying to cope with it.

DO what you have to do. don't disappear though, you may not want to WRITE, but you can READ and comment and help others here.

I'm so sorry to hear that, best of luck.

I hope you have good luck in the future.

A little sad that you will not finish it, i liked the story so far, i mean nobody and no story is perfect :twilightsmile:. But it is perfectly understandable. It is sometimes better to stop if you can`t put your heart into it. I wish you the best of luck with all your future endeavors on this side and everywhere else. And don`t lose heart even if there are tough times. :fluttershysad:

Hey no worries, we understand how life gets in the way of things. Even if it isn't with writing,
Keep going! ;)

Garbage ?? No, no come on. I thought the story was pretty good I mean of course it had some stuff that were not necessary but it wasn't HORRIBLE.

Honestly, I don't listen to reviews people make on my stories much; I just ignore or skip over them.

That said, I am sorry that this story is cancelled. I for one enjoyed it and was passionate about it.

May God go with you, and I hope you enjoy good and godly success in life :twilightsmile:

I thought this story was actually really good compared to the literary norm. Hencewhy I fav'd it.
Hope things will go better for you in the future nontheless.

this story is not garbage at all

I'm sorry to hear you're leaving, but I also completely understand.

This story has been on my bookshelf for quite a while, and after reading through, I can say it was pretty alright. Things started out a little rocky and characters acted a bit weird, but I saw some real improvement in the later chapters, with a strong effort made to either explain away plotholes, or incorporate them into the narrative. It might have needed a bit more planning out, but this story was certainly not garbage.

Hopefully someone will pick up the mantle and give this story a good ending, because I feel it deserves one.

Also, wishing you the best in whatever you choose to do.
-Erised

I really enjoyed this story a lot and really wanted to see Fluttershy reunited with Bumble.

I'm very sorry for your family's loss. :( Also I might take a crack at finishing this story someday but knows.

Timeline 2
Mmm a cut off story wonder how the imagination is going to go...
:derpytongue2:

This Story was definitely not garbage.

I dont cair if this story is canceled ill be my favorite!!!

Someone should really continue this story.

Did anypony continue the story?
Because It would be great if you put a link to the books

Login or register to comment