• Published 20th Feb 2014
  • 3,513 Views, 133 Comments

Button Mash and The Quest to Rescue Sweetie Belle - JamesBurton



Button Mash the 14 year old colt that loves to play video games( and other recational activetives) recevies a mysterious game that he did not order. What could possibly go wrong

  • ...
5
 133
 3,513

Tutorial stage

Now Loading… Paradise Island

"Ugh...Wha...What happened?" moaned the brown earth pony as he rubbed his head. “Augh my aching... Sweetie!" He instantly turns around to the unconscious unicorn laying beside him. "Sweetie, Sweetie, c'mon Sweetie Belle, wake up!" After a couple of nudges she starts to regain consciousness.

"Ohh...Button...what happened?" she groaned.

Button Mash slowly rubs his eyes. "I have no idea. The last thing I remember was some bright flash." He slowly stands on his hooves and begins to look around. "But I think the more important question is...where are we?"

The two young ponies look around to see that they were in some kind of field filled with beautiful flowers, surrounded by a spring of water with a small waterfall behind it with various animals drinking from the spring, combined with a couple of clouds lingering in the sky on a beautiful sunny day, this was the perfect paradise. The couple could only stand speechless at the beauty of this place.

"Oh Button, it’s so beautiful here." Sweetie Belle whispered. "I-I don't think I ever saw a place like this."

The brown earth colt slowly nods his head in agreement. "Yeah, me neither."

"Hey Button, can I ask you a question?"

"Sure Sweetie, what's up?"

She turns and looks at Button Mash who is still looking at the spring. "How did we end up here?"

"That is a very good question my dear just, HOW did you two get here?"

Sweetie Belle and Button Mash quickly turn around to find that they were not alone anymore, as a gray-coated unicorn was standing right behind them. He had a brown mane and blue eyes and spoke with a tone of cockiness. "Well, color me surprise," he said. "When I felt such a strong magical presence here I thought a couple of my unicorn subjects had escaped, but a quick roll call ruled out that theory." He slowly walks over to the surprised ponies. "So the million gold question is...who are you two?"

Button Mash protectively stands in front of Sweetie Belle. "You first," he said.

The gray unicorn waves his hoof in a mocking manner. "Ah, ah, ahh I'll tell you mine if you tell me yours."

There was something about this unicorn that Button Mash didn't like something off-putting about him, but nevertheless he decides to tell this mysterious unicorn his name.

"It’s Button Mash," growled the brown earth colt.

"I see," he cocks his head to the side. "And who is the pretty white filly standing behind you?"

"I'm Sweetie Belle," replied the white unicorn.

The unicorn smiles coyly at the couple. "See, now was that so hard," he said. "And now that you told me yours I'll tell you mine. He puts on a regal pose. "I am the ruler of this world, the king of all that you see before you, and the god of awesomeness, I AM GOD LORD KING CODEX!!!" He turns his attention back to Button and Sweetie. "And you two will submit to me, my newest subjects."

The earth colt puts a hoof to his head in thought. Codex, Codex, Codex where have I heard that name before?

"Yeeehhhaaa, no," said Sweetie Belle. "I submit to nopony and Button here already submits to me, so you're outta luck buster, right Button?"

Sweetie Belle's sudden question knocks Button out of his thoughts. "Huh? That's right Sweetie." agreed Button. " I submit to-" He turns to face Sweetie Belle. "Wait, what?"

Codex shakes his head in disappointment. "Tsk, Tsk, Tsk such a shame, and here I thought I wouldn't have to use force...Oh well." The unicorn king quickly hits Sweetie Belle with a blast of powerful magic knocking her out.

"OH NO, SWEETIE BELLE!" Button Mash quickly goes to check on her. "SWEETIE, SWEETIE ARE YOU OK?" he picks her up and gently shakes her. "Oh please be ok."

"Oh, relax, Pickin’ Trash, she'll be fine. And besides, why would I injure my soon to be wife?" he said smiling. "So be a good little subject and give her to me."

Button Mash gently lays the unconscious Sweetie Belle down on the grass. "I'm NOT giving her to you Codex!!" he stands in front of Sweetie Belle about to protect her from whatever the evil unicorn king had in store for the white filly. "And you must be nuts if you think even for a second that I'm going to let you take her from me, yet alone marry her!"

Codex puts a hoof to his face and laughs, and laughs hard. "Oh, and what are you going to do about it Mix n Match." The gray unicorn tries to show a scared face but cant due to his laughing. "Are you going to stop me?"

The earth colt clenches his teeth in anger, not only was he getting his name wrong but he was mocking him trying to get a rise out of him...and it was working, and he didn't like it because it reminded him of Rumble and their fight that day.

"Aww, am I making the wittle earth pony angry?" said Codex. "Careful now or you'll bust a blood vessel, hahaha!" he wipes a tear from his eye. "Well, Dine n’ Dash, it’s been fun and hey thanks for all the laughs, but I really must be getting back to my castle with my new waifu." He begins to grab Sweetie Belle with his magic.

"Oh no, you don't!" cried Button Mash as charges towards the unicorn king. "You're not going anywhere Codex!!!" He tries to tackle him but Codex just sends the brown colt flying back with magic.

"Yeah, don't know exactly what you were planning to do there Mutton Bash,” said the unicorn king unimpressed. "You see, I am a powerful unicorn and you are...umm...well I guess you're just I regular earth pony with no special abilities," he puts Sweetie Belle on his back. "So in other words, as long as I gots majicks you can’t beat me...loser." His horn turns blue as he starts to use his magic. "Be seeing ya, Rainbow Dash." And with that last word the unicorn king disappears with Sweetie Belle.

Button Mash runs to the spot where Codex once stood. "DANG IT!!!" He yelled as he slaps his hooves to his face. "AAAAARRRRGGGHHHH I CANT BELIEVE I LET HIM GET AWAY WITH SWEETIE BELLE!!!" The poor earth pony sits down shaking his head. "Sigh, some boyfriend I turned out to be."

...Button...
"Huh? Who's there?" he said looking around.

Button... help... me

"Sweetie Belle... is that you?" Button said, surprised. "Where are you...? Are you ok?"

Button...please...hurry

"Sweetie, Sweetie... shoot, she's gone... Man, what am I doing?" said the brown pony as he stood up. "Sweetie Belle needs me more than ever and here I am sitting down in self-pity, but the question is how am I going to find them?" Hmm, let’s see he said that he had a castle so if I look for something that's off. He looks at the sky and sees that there was a spot of black clouds swirling over one spot with lightning coming down. "If all my years of playing video games have taught me anything..." He runs over to a cliff overlooking the landscape. "It is that swirling black clouds is where I'll find Codex." Button Mash sees a castle in the sky surrounded by four different islands with chains connected to the castle.

"Something tells me that I won’t just be able knock on the castle doors. Hmmm..." he notices the four islands with the chains connected to the castle. "Maybe if I do something about those chains, then maybe I can enter the castle." Button Mash narrows his eyes at the castle. "Don't worry Sweetie Belle I'm going to save you!" He runs off to the direction of the first island. And get ready Codex, because I'm coming for you!


Saving...


Save Completed...

Author's Note:

Ok this didn't take as long but its so short.. I'm so sorry about that, and let me know if the music didn't fit or if you have any suggestions on what to use...

And since this is my first time writing a villain character. How was he. Not to bad huh? or absolutely terrible..

Next Stage Green Garden