• Published 10th Apr 2014
  • 16,022 Views, 605 Comments

Archimedes - Mr101



A strange metal creature wanders into Ponyville one day, right in the middle of the Summer Solstice Celebration. And he won't leave Celestia alone.

  • ...
37
 605
 16,022

Chapter VII - A Spot of Tea

Author's Note:

[Edited Version to come] Any errors, feel free to let me know!

Archimedes

Chapter VII - A Spot Of Tea

Celestia sipped softly from her cup that was held in her magical aura and sighed in contentment.

“My… this tea is certainly delicious, is it not?” she said.

“Indeed it is!” Discord chuckled, “my compliments to yadda yadda you get the rest.”

She smiled at the two others seated with her, she was sitting at a white metal table that was situated in the palace gardens. To her left, was Discord, who happened to be drinking his tea using an unnaturally long straw that bended in several places with one end stuck in his ear of all places and the other in his cup.

To her right, not sitting on a chair due to his weight and height, was Archimedes. The robot hadn’t taken a sip yet and it wasn’t due to him not being able to, it was due to the fact for the duration of their ‘tea’ he hadn’t taken his eyes of Discord. He was quite content on glaring at the draconequus and keeping tabs on what he was doing, much to Celestia’s annoyance.

“Oh, come now, Archimedes.” She started, “Won’t you please just have some tea? I promise you Discord is not going to kidnap me or anything.”

“Hey, stop reading my mind!” Discord said with a pout, receiving a bop on the head from Celestia.

Archimedes simply continued to glare at Discord, but complied with the princess’ request and brought the cup to his helmet. Both Discord and Celestia watched with equal fascination as the robot brought the cup up to his helmet. Archimedes, eyes still on Discord, slowly tipped the brown liquid into the darkness that occupied his helmet where it simply vanished upon contact.

“Neat!” Discord grinned before taking a photo with a camera.

“Forgive me for asking, Archimedes. But, can you actually taste the tea?” Celestia asked.

Archimedes glared at Discord a bit longer before he finally turned to Celestia and seemed to smile at her, “No need to be sorry, my love. But, yes, I can taste the tea. It’s quite exquisite”

“But… how?” Celestia asked.

“I’m… not actually sure if I’m honest,” he replied, scratching the top of his helmet.

“Maybe the clever clogs who built you wanted you to feel more alive?” Discord offered, taking a biscuit and eating it quickly.

“Quiet, demon,” Archimedes hissed, “I don’t remember you being apart of this conversation.”

“Archimedes…” Celestia said softly before pouting at the robot, “You promised to behave and be reasonable.”

If Archimedes had a heart, it probably would have imploded at that point. Looking over at the one he loved, pouting at him in such an adorable way made his circuits melt. With a heavy sigh he nodded.

“My apologies, my dear. And… my apologies, Discord,” he said, the last part with a hint of venom.

“Archimedes…” Celestia said, raising her eyebrow at him.

The robot let out another heavy sigh, “I’m sorry, Discord.”

Celestia smiled as Discord appeared beside Archimedes and patted his back.

“No harm done, old boy!” Discord said with a grin as Archimedes gave him a vicious death glare, “But getting back to Celly’s point—”

“That’s, Princess Celestia, to you. Discord,” Archimedes snarled.

“Actually,” Celestia said, “I like the nickname, it’s much better than what he used to call me I must say.”

“What was that?” Archimedes asked her.

Celestia tapped her chin with her hoof. She contemplated telling the robot, but part of her was screaming not to, not wanting him to attack Discord because of the—

“I used to call her, Sun butt!” Discord beamed as he appeared back in his seat, “‘Cos of the cutie mark on her butt, get it?”

Celestia resisted the urges to face hoof then hit Discord and turned to Archimedes whose eyes were now starting to turn a shade of red. Quickly, she placed her hoof on his hand and his eyes immediately returned to normal.

“It’s alright, Archimedes,” she said with a soft smile, “Friends will do that to other friends, you should hear what Luna calls Discord.”

She whispered into Archimedes helmet quickly as Discord spat out his tea in a comic fashion, looking up to the alicorn and robot who shared a giggle between themselves.

“Wait, what does she call me?” Discord asked.

“Oh, nothing…” Archimedes replied with a snicker.

“Archy…” Discord said softly.

The draconequus tried to mimic Celestia earlier and put on his best pouty face. Sadly, unlike Celestia, he didn’t get the same response.

“That, is the scariest thing I have ever seen in my entire life,” Archimedes deadpanned at Discord.

“Ouch, you wound me, Archy!” Discord replied, dramatically placing the back of his paw over his head and swooning a little.

Celestia giggled softly as she watched the two, Archimedes rolling his eyes and taking another sip of his tea. She then lowered her cup as she remembered something.

“I nearly forgot! Before you start your sentence tomorrow, Archimedes, you’re going to be sent to the blacksmith to see if they can do something about your rust. I’d love to see your iron body shine.”

“Wonderful,” Archimedes said happily, “Going to give me the old, ‘spit n polish’, eh?

“So… I gotta ask, Archy,” Discord said interrupting him, twirling his claws and making a small cake sprout legs.

“What, pray tell, is that?” Archimedes asked him.

“Who built you? Like, was it a mad pony or aliens or—”

Celestia interrupted him by bopping his head, not wanting a repeat of the last time Archimedes was asked that question.

“Its okay, Archimedes. I don’t want you to have another melt down like last time.”

“Last time?” Discord asked.

Celestia nodded, “Twilight pressed him a little to hard on her questions and we found out he has a problem with his memory.”

“Sounds like her,” Discord snorted and smirked, “And I only really care about who made him.”

“I think… it was a unicorn called Starswirl, was it?” Archimedes asked, looking to Celestia for confirmation.

“That’s right, a dear, dear old friend of mine…” she said, her tone becoming softer as she gazed off to her left in memory.

Discord scarfed down another cake and wiped the crumbs from his mouth before looking over at Celestia.

“What… ever did happen to Starswirl anyway?” Discord suddenly asked, “I mean… I never met him ‘cos of my er… ‘little vacation’.”

Celestia rolled her eyes.

“But… every now and again since I was reformed I’ve seen you looking at portraits of him fondly, was he like, your coltfriend or something?”

Celestia blushed softly as she smiled, “No… he was like Twilight. My student, and one of the best magic users Equestria had ever seen. He was one of my best friends, I trusted him with everything and would go to him if I needed advice.”

Celestia tittered to herself and smiled down at her cup of tea fondly.

“Sometimes, it felt like he was the teacher and I was the student with the amount of times I relied on his help from dealing with nobles, to, well, anything really. I truly miss him…”

Discord smirked, “Did you have a crush on him~?”.

Celestia’s cheeks burned red as she choked on her tea a little, giving the draconequus a glare, “N-no, he was my student, and t-that’s all!”

“If you say so~” Discord replied with a halo above his head.

Celestia gave him a deadpan look and bopped the halo, making it reveal its true form of little devil horns on Discord’s head.

“Don’t worry, Celly. Ya secret’s safe with me!” Discord said, before pulling a large zipper over his mouth and zipping it up.

“Uhuh,” Celestia said, unconvinced, “So I won’t hear any rumors coming from Luna tonight then?”

“Perish the thought!” Discord replied.

Celestia giggled and shook her head before looking over at Archimedes. He was staring off into the distance and his eyes were flickering a little, the only sounds he made was the soft whirring of gears. She tilted her head and gently placed a hoof on his shoulder.

“Archimedes?” she asked.

No reply.

“Yo, Archy… you all right?” Discord asked, tapping his helmet with his knuckle.

Again, no response.

Celestia frowned slightly, this was just like the other day when he supposedly got lost in his own thoughts. However, she was now beginning to suspect something else was up.

“Discord, I think something is wrong with—”

Archimedes raised his hand up, interrupting her and looked to the pair. His eyes were a light yellow, unlike his normal colour.

“There is no need, my dear friend,” Archimedes suddenly said.

In a voice that was not metallic. And very, very familiar to her.

“Wait! Say that again!” Celestia gasped.

Archimedes blinked and tilted his head, his eyes returning to their normal shade of yellow, “Pardon? I was away with the fairies, what were you saying?”

Celestia opened her mouth but sighed and shook her head, “Don’t worry, Archimedes. It’s nothing important.”

Discord and Archimedes shared a confused look as the alicorn looked out over the gardens with a sad expression on her face.

“Was it something I said?” Archimedes asked Discord.

Discord simply shrugged, “No clue, never seen Celly like this before… I don’t like it.”

The draconequus pouted and crossed his arms, much like a child being told off. Archimedes stood up and slowly made his way over to Celestia, kneeling down and placing a hand on her back gently.

“Are you okay, my love?” he asked.

“I’m fine, Archimedes. Thank you,” Celestia smiled up to him, though he wasn’t completely convinced.

“Are you sure? You seem sad…” Archimedes replied.

“Just… something on my mind, that’s all. I’m sorry I’ve ruined our tea.”

“Nah,” Discord said, teleporting around Archimedes’ neck, “You haven’t ruined anything, has she, Archy?”

“Of course not,” Archimedes said, grabbing the draconequus and forcing him off his body and back onto the floor, “You could never ruin anything, my love.”

Celestia smiled warmly as Discord kept trying to wrap his arm around Archimedes, the robot flicking it off each time, as they both looked at her happily.

“Thank you,” she said as she gave Archimedes a hug, “Now, shall we continue with our tea?”

“I’d very much like that. Discord, if you—”

Archimedes stopped, glaring at Discord as he chugged the tea straight from the teapot and belched loudly, letting out a sigh of contentment before looking at the two confused.

“What? All this touchy feelsy stuff was making me thirsty,”

Celestia giggled as Archimedes continued to glare at the draconequus before flaring up her horn, ready to summon more tea to them.


The old tower was silent, save for the sounds of the Everfree around it. A bird that was preening itself on a branch suddenly took flight as a twig snapped nearby and a hooded figure, followed by a second and a third, appeared out of the bushes.

“You sure this is the place, Red?” one, a male from his voice, said as he inspected the tower.

“I’m certain. This is the location.” a female replied, looking at a map held in her talons, scratching her red beak, scanning over the map as the other two joined her side.

“Good, I’m getting tired of this damn forest…” the third muttered in a deep echoy voice.

The third one looked up, his large blue eyes scanning the tower before his jagged horn which was peeking out of the hood flared green but stopped seeing the door partly off its hinges. He tilted his head and gasped softly seeing the large indents in the forest floor.

“Hey… think someone’s already been here?” he asked.

“Probably not, this place has been abandoned for centuries. No one knows of its location or existence save for a few, hense why we have the map.” the female replied, her thin tail swishing a bit.

“But the door, and these prints”

“Probably just decayed over time or something, and it’s probably just some wild animal. Now hurry up, Meta, we’re losing daylight and more importantly. Pay.”

“Oh can it…” he muttered as he walked through the open door, looking at the third member. “You coming?”

“Nah,” he replied, flaring out his dark blue wings, “I’m gunna keep an eye on the coast, you two go ahead.”

The first rolled his eyes as the pegasus took off into the air and walked inside, being followed by the female. He flared his horn up to illuminate the room around them, adding to the natural light that was seeping in through the holes in the wall and the door. The room was pretty much as they expected, worn down and extremely filthy. Dust coated everything and the presence of many spiders were shown thanks to the ridiculous amount of webbing that stuck to the ceiling and walls.

“Right… so where do you want to start, Red?” the first one asked.

“You take downstairs, seeing as you have your magic to light up the darkness and I’ll do this floor. It shouldn’t be hard to find it,” she replied.

He nodded and made his way to the staircase, stopping for a moment to examine the door leading to the basement lying on its side with a broken lock. This made him slightly nervous as he started his descent, keeping his horn glowing and a counter spell ready just incase something was down there. As he entered the basement, he raised a brow in confusion.

Unlike upstairs, where everything was seemingly in place, virtually everything in the basement was either smashed or broken, completely beyond repair. But what made him more anxious was the fact he could see a large part of the floor had been disturbed, due to the dust that was coating it being different to everything else.

Shaking off his anxiety, he made his way through the wreckage, being careful not to hurt himself.

“Find it yet?” Red called from upstairs.

“Not yet, I’m not even sure if it’s still here,” he replied, “The amount of broken crap down here is ridiculous.”

“Well, keep looking. If we don’t find it we don’t get paid!”

“Well done, genius…” he muttered as he lifted up a broken table with his magic.

His eyes widened when he saw a square shape embedded into the ground and he gave a toothy grin.

“Found it!” he shouted.

He waited as the other made her way downstairs and joined him, her own smirk forming on her face as she walked over to the metal slab.

“You still have the amulet?” he asked.

“Of course, it’s the only way to access this safe anyway. Starswirl was too clever for a normal safe.”

She pulled out from a bag under her cloak a very bright amulet that was in the shape of crescent moon resting on a blazing sun, the sun was glowing yellow whereas the moon was glowing blue. Carefully, she lowered it near the metal slab. When it was just above it, the same shape as the amulet shone, revealing to the two a small slot that shared the amulets design.

With a smirk, she carefully placed the amulet into the slot and the metal slab slowly slided to the left, revealing the insides to them.

Remarkably, unlike the rest of the tower, the insides of the safe was completely clean. Inside it were various documents and bags, but they weren’t what they were after. Chuckling, Red reached into the safe and pulled out several dark blue papers that were tied together with some string.

Looking for somewhere to put them, she righted on of the tables and opened up the roll, grinning widely along with Meta.

“We’re getting paid tonight, Meta!” she cackled.

“Wonder what he wants with these anyway,” Meta said.

“Who cares? We’re gunna be rich and that’s all that matters.

Meta shrugged and made his way up the stairs as Red continued to scan the front page, her eyes catching the title which she read under her breath.

“Prototype Model A - Archimedes Unit And Weapon Schematics…”