• Published 30th Jan 2014
  • 3,129 Views, 59 Comments

Megaman Starforce: Friendship is magic - Brony117



The year is 220X...Extraterrestrial life has been discovered...but there has been an accident...and earth had been invaded...only one person can stop the invasion...his name...is Megaman!

  • ...
2
 59
 3,129

Chapter 5

Chapter 5

It’s been a few days since Geo’s battle with Taurus Fire. Things have been quiet lately, but that didn’t mean he could rest and wait for the equestrians to appear and take action. Twilight has decided to train Geo to the best of her knowledge incase of another attack, so far the young boy’s progress has been steady and shown great improvement, however Twilight and Geo knew the equestrians could attack anytime. They had no choice but to wait and see their next move.

During all this, Geo was almost close to listening to what happened to his father before he was interrupted by Luna. He wanted to ask again, but Twilight had been in his transer the whole time for a reason. After his battle with Taurus Fire, Applejack, one of the equestrians who came to earth, possessed Bud to attack him, later to found out she was friends with Twilight, was found unconscious and taken inside his device to rest. Geo didn’t like it, but Twilight told him to trust her and he did. Applejack was still resting during the past few days as he trained; she sure looked different compared to Twilight. Besides the coat color, Applejack is an earth pony who didn’t have a horn. She was cruel and almost killed him when he first met her. Geo wanted to know how she became friends with Twilight in the first place.

He was about get his answer when…

“Nnngh…What…What the hay happened to me?...Ah felt like Ah was ran over by a carriage…A big one more like it.” Said Applejack as she stood up and found herself in a weird and strange place. “What in the world?! Where am I?! What is this place?!”

“Applejack?”

The earth pony turned and saw one pony she was glad to see coming towards her.

“Twilight?”

“Applejack!” Said Twilight as she ran towards Applejack and hugged her. The earth pony did the same as she was happy to find some pony she knew is here with her.

“Twilight! Oh golly it’s sure good to see you!”

“So am I! Are you ok? How are you feeling?”

“*Sigh* A bit sore all over, and headache. But Ah can manage.”

Feeling relieved, Twilight ended the hug, and said.

“That’s good…I’m just glad you’re ok.”

“Yeah, same as here. But tell me, where are we? This sure isn’t part of equestria Ah recognize.”

Twilight was silent. Should she tell her what happened or not? A lot has happened during the years, and it’s not pretty.

“Applejack?”

“What is it sugar cube? Know where we are? And where are the others? Are they ok?”

No. She has the right to know what happened.

“Applejack, I have something to tell you, just please…bear with me…”

“NOOOOOOO!!!!!” Screamed Applejack. “NO THIS…THIS CAN’T BE HAPPENING! THAT ISN’T TRUE!!!!”

“Applejack, please!”

“GRRRRRR!!! IT JUST CAN’T!!! IT CAN’T BE TRUE!!! GRRRRRR!!!”

Applejack pounded the ground in rage as she just hoped what Twilight said is a lie. But deep down inside, it was the truth. She just couldn’t believe it! But after being told what happened, memories of war, and battles flooded in her head.

“Ah…Ah…Ah remember…oh sweet Celestia…Ah remember! The things we did! The lives we destroyed! Our home! My home!”

Twilight placed a hoof on her friend’s shoulder as she felt horrible for what she said. But it was for the best. It was rather now or later.

“Applejack…I’m sorry. I really am…”

“…No…it’s not your fault. It’s that monster of a king! The king! It’s the king’s fault! He’s responsible for causing all of this trouble!”

“I know, and we're working on it.”

“*Scoff* You really think this human can stop him? Ah mean, he’s just a child and one person! We’re going up against an army! A planet sized army!”

“I…I don’t know…But if we fight together then there’s a chance that we can end this war once and for all!”

Crossing her arms Applejack said.

“I don’t know Twilight, Ah mean, this is almost beyond us! We faced many dangerous things in the past! Such as dragons, monsters, heck! Even a thousand year old alicorn! But war?! I don’t even how we are going to get past this one.”

“We will Applejack,” Replied Twilight. “We’ve always managed to get past the trouble we come across! If we can do it, so can Geo!”

“But he-“

“I believe in him! And so should you. He just needs some support.”

Applejack rubbed her head, just how the hay are they gonna get out of this situation? She had no choice but to follow Twilight. Heck! When didn’t she ever stop follow her?

“Heh, Alright! I’ll follow along! Let’s just hope this boy can win this war.”

Twilight smiled and said.

“Thank you Applejack.”

“Just first things first, what happened to you? You were not yourself anymore. Last time Ah check you-“

“Blame the king. He cursed me to be in this state.”

“Oh Shoot, sorry Twilight.”

“It’s alright, I just hope when we defeat the king I'll be to normal. Come on, let's get out of here, I think Geo’s alarm is about to go off. Trust me, it’s gonna get loud!”

Real world-Geo’s Room.

*Beep*Beep*Beep* *Beep*Beep*Beep* *Beep*Beep*Beep*

With a groan, Geo slowly sat up from his bed and turned off his alarm. He then stretched his arm, and got out of his bed to get ready for the day. Before he could get dressed, Geo wore his visualizer and said.

“Twilight? Are you awake?”

“I’m awake.” Replied Twilight as she appeared in front of Geo.

“Good. How’s Applejack?”

“She’s fine, she just woke up.”

“R-Really? Is she…Is she alright?”

“She’s fine. Not only that, Applejack is on our side. Don’t worry, I made sure she is.”

Geo let out a breath of relief; it was one less problem to deal with.

“Well, that makes me feel better. Where is she?”

“Right here sugar cube.” Replied Applejack as she appeared next to Twilight.

Seeing this made Geo jump as he wasn’t used to seeing things appear from nowhere.

“Whoa!”

“Oops. Sorry Ah scared ya there partner.”

“Th-That’s alright, I just gotta get use to that. So, you’re Applejack right?”

“Eeyup! And you must Geo. Nice to meet ya!”

“Likewise.” Said Geo as he shook Applejack’s hoof.

“I’m glad you two are getting along, either wise it could’ve gone worse.” Said Twilight as she was happy to see both her friends are getting to know each other.

“Well you said Applejack is on our side, so I trust you.”

“Glad to hear that partner. Anyway, so you have any food around here? Ah can’t remember the last time Ah ate.” Said Applejack as she rubbed her stomach.

After getting dressed for the day and eating some breakfast, Geo has decided to go to the Vista Point to hang out.

As they walk towards the park, Applejack took a good look at everything around her. It’s been a very long time since she’s seen the clear blue sky and happy faces. This world looked in better condition than hers and Twilight all because of the war. How long has it been since their world was thrown into ruin? Applejack wondered if her family is safe, and alive. She could only hope they are alive and perhaps when this is all over she see them once more.

As Geo and the others made it to the park, the boy leaned on the parks guard rail and relaxed. Twilight and Applejack took notice of this and said.

“Hey Geo?” Spoke Twilight.

“Hmm?”

“I know this is sudden but I really appreciate you letting me and Applejack stay in your transer, as well as seeing how you humans live compared to my species, but there’s one thing I’ve noticed and wanted to ask”

“Sure go ahead.” Said Geo as he wondered what Twilight wanted to know.

“Do you really like the sky that much? Ever since I took refuge here, you’ve always come here to the park and look up at the sky for a long time. Why is that?”

“Well yeah, I like it. It helps me relax and clear my head. I also like it when its night and the stars come out as they twinkle brightly. Oh! And if you are patient enough you can see a shooting star!”

“Oh. Well that explains it.” Replied Twilight as she now knows why Geo goes to park most of the time.

“Hey, that’s a good thing there Geo!” said Applejack as she listen to conversation. “Going out and getting some fresh air is really healthy for ya! I remember when I was working at my family farm I would just take a break and feel the cool breeze blowing away the heat from my face. I have no problem if you do something like that.”

“Yeah, thanks Applejack. Perhaps one day when I come back here, maybe…just maybe…I can finally see my dad…”

Both ponies became quiet from what Geo said. Twilight still didn’t tell what happened to his father. Was it time to tell him now?

“Geo…about your father…I…”

“WAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!! LOOK OUT!!!!”

Geo and the others looked up at the sky and saw a man…flying over them? With wings?!

“W-What the?!”

“Is that a human flying in the sky?”

“Eeyup.”

“Ok just checking.”

*Crash*

“Ow…” said the man as he fell on the ground.

“He’s down! I gotta help him!” said Geo as he ran towards the man to help.

“Geo be careful! It could be an equestrian!” Twilight said with concern in her tone.

“What makes you say that?”

“Equestrians aren’t just unicorns and earth ponies, but there are also others who can fly.”

“And it's not just ponies too partner, there are also other species back home.”

“R-Right.”

Now feeling cautious and worried, Geo ran towards the man to help him.

The man wore a blue jacket with red stripes on it, his hair is long and messy too as it is colored brown, as well as his eyes. But what made him looked different to most people was his skin is pale, and his eyes looked so tired the man could fall asleep at anytime. As Geo made it to the man, he heard him say.

“Ow-Ow-Ow…that hurt…” said the man. “I knew it…They’re not stabilized in the air…”

“Hey! Are you ok?!” Geo said.”

“Y-Yes I’m fine thank you,”

“Need some help?”

“I w-would appreciate that.”

Geo helped the man up to his feet and looked to see if he’s hurt.

“Are you alright? That fall you too looked like it hurt.”

“I’m fine.” Replied the man. “It’s just that my invention didn’t work out as I thought.”

“Invention?”

“The thing on my back. I call it the flappack.”

“FlapPack?” said Geo, Twilight and Applejack.

“That’s right; it’s supposed to help me fly. But however it seems my experiment failed as it couldn’t stay in the air…oh…what I’m I going to do now…”

Wait a minute…

“ACK!” Shouted the man in panic. “Y-YOU SAW MY INVENTION?!”

“Uh..Y-Yes?” said Geo.

“R-REALLY?!”

“Yeah, really…”

“Oh no…That was so careless of me!

“Careless? Why is that?”

“O-Oh! N-Nothing! Hehehe! It’s just that, I thought no comes to the Park except at night.”

“…Um…”

“A-Anyway, sorry I interrupted your day. Seeing that my experiment failed, it seems like it's back to the drawing board.”

“It looks that way.” (*Phew* It’s just some random person doing an experiment. I’m just glad it’s not an equestrian.”) Whispered Geo.

“Eeyup, same as here. I’m still tryin to recover from that fight.” Said Applejack from Geo’s transer. “What about you Twilight?”

“…”

“Twilight?”

“Those wings…they’re amazing!” Sais Twilight with excitement.

(“Eh?!”)

“Ah horse apples. Twilight calm down!”

“The design on those wings looks great! A little too big for him to be honest. Nothing but a little modification should do the trick!”

“Twilight.”

“Perhaps if I were able to go inside the FlapPack I should be able to figure out the problem! Come on Geo!”

Geo’s arm suddenly moved him towards the flappack as he tried to hold his arm back

(“Twilight! Come on! Not again!”)

“Ah got this Geo! Sorry Twilight.”

*Smack*

“Ow!” Said Twilight as she rubbed the back of her head. “Applejack!”

“Sorry Twi, Ah had no choice. You were all crazy on that thing!”

“I-I did?”

(“Yes!”) Geo said as he scowled his partner.

“Oh dear…sorry about that. When I see something that catches my interests I can’t keep my eyes off of it!”

(“Good to know .”)

Seeing Geo moved, the man asked.

“I-Is everything alright?”

“Oh um…I-I was wondering about your FlapPack! Just how does it work?”

Geo walked towards the invention to take a closer look, but the man ran in front of the boy to block him from going any further.

“Uh…P-Please don’t go near it, ok? I-I don’t like it when people do that. It’s not finished! Plus I don’t like it showing people my inventions.”

“But I saw it.”

“Y-you don’t count!”

“O-oh ok…” (“Just what was that all about? First he was casual, now he’s nervous and protective about his invention.”)

“But…”

“Come on Twi, let it go.” Said Applejack as she patted Twilight’s back.

“Aww…”

(“Come on you two. Let’s head home.”)

“Ok.” Said Applejack as she Twilight.

“Alright then sir, I should get going. Good luck on your FlapPack!” (“That jacket…it looks familiar. Where have I seen it before?”)

With that, Geo left the park.

Echo Ridge-moments later.

As Geo was heading home, he heard a familiar voice.

“Hmm…I see…This is quite interesting…”

Geo looked around and saw a familiar man wearing the same similar jacket that the man from the park wore as he inspected the green truck that Prez and her small group rode in.

“Hey, that guy. Could it be? Mr. Boreal?”

“Hm? Well, well, what do we have here? It’s you Geo!” said Aaron as he walked up to Geo.”

“Mr. Boreal, good to see you. What are you doing here?” Said Geo as he shook the adult’s hand.

“I’m here on some business today with a partner of mine to inspect this truck here. Remember the rash of incidents about red objects being destroyed? That’s what we’re here for. We believe this vehicle is used on the incidents. Don’t know how, but that’s what we were told.”

Geo slightly sweated nervously as he was part of the incident as well. But he played it off coolly.

“Yeah? But the news said that it’s all over now, there haven’t been any incidents of red objects destroyed so far.”

“That’s true, but it’s better to check to see if it's really over. Better safe than sorry.”

“Right. Anyway, you said you come here with a partner? Where are they?”

“My partner said he had to use the restroom. It’s been almost been thirty minutes. I hope he’s ok.”

“Aaron!”

Both Geo and Aaron turned and saw a familiar face coming towards them.

“Sorry I took so long.”

“That was a long restroom break. I was beginning to worry you fallen inside the toilet!” Joked Aaron as he laughed.

“*Scoff* Very funny.”

“Hey, its you from the park!"

The man looked next to Aaron and notice it was the boy from the park earlier.

"Huh? What are you doing here?"

"Wait, you two know each other?" Aaron asked as he looked both Geo and his partner.

"Uh…"

After explaining Aaron what happened, the man became worried.

"What?! You performed an experiment all by yourself?!"

"That's right, it's how I met this kid."

"I see. You always do these experiments alone, it's dangerous without someone to look after you. I can help, just say the word, and I'll be there!"

"Don't worry about me, and I can take care of myself! Let's just check out the truck." Argued the man as he walked towards the vehicle.

"Who is that guy Mr. Boreal? He sure seems to be on edge." Geo asked.

"That man is my partner, Tom Dubius. He used to work at NAZA. Just like me."

"Used to? What happened?"

"Oh well...there was a problem he had and...Anyway, how's school? Are you going?"

Geo crossed his arms and looked away.

"I uh…"

"I see. Alright how about this? Come visit my lab tomorrow, I can show you what I do there."

Geo turned to Aaron and looked surprised

"What? Why?! I mean, it's quite an offer but…"

"Think of it as a change of scenery, you don't know what to keep doing the same thing over and over again at the same place?

"Well…"

"Tomorrow is a school holiday, so it's a perfect day to visit!"

Seeing Aaron won't give up, which he won't anytime soon, the young boy agreed.

"Alright, I'll visit."

Aaron smiled, he was glad to hear Geo said he'll come over and see what he does. He hopes it'll help him to go to school.

"Great! I'll see you tomorrow! Make sure to get some good rest, it'll be worth it! Here I'll message you the address."

As this was going to on, a familiar short sized boy was eavesdropping.

"Hehehe! Wait until I tell the Prez!"

Moments after talking with Aaron, Geo walked home as Twilight spoke from his transer.

"Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! Oh my gosh! A real laboratory! I can't wait to see what kind of research they have over there! Notes! I need to write down some notes! Geo! Do you have any paper we can take for tomorrow!"

"I have an app that can you can use to take notes. Not many people here use paper these days. Except the news paper of course."

"Aw horse apples! Here we go with this science stuff, why can't there be somethin that Ah can understand! Like farming? Heh, look at us, havin a conversation and going places. Just like old times. Just wish the whole gang was here."

Twilight placed her hoof on Applejack's shoulder and said.

"We'll save them, we just need to know what the other equestrians are up to."

"Ah know, but still, Ah can't believe this is happening! It's like a nightmare you can't wake up from!"

"I know what that feels like Applejack," Geo said. "When I found out my father was gone, I thought I was in a nightmare, but it was real. I kept thinking over, and over that it's all a dream or something. My whole world came crashing down as I lost someone important to me. That's why I don't want to go to school, and make friends."

Applejack removed her hat as she felt sympathy for the human boy. She lost her partners at an early age, in a way, Geo is a bit like her. She didn't want to be close to anypony at the time until Granny Smith told her to move on, it took time to get used to without her parents as Granny Smith, her big brother, Big Mac, and her youngest sister, Apple Bloom, were all she had left. Without them, she wouldn't become the pony she is right now!

As for Geo, he lost his father three years ago and it still haunts him to this day. All he had left was his mother, and no one else. Like Twilight, she too felt responsible for the incident she and the other equestrians had caused to ruin the poor boys life.

"Hey Geo?"

Geo stopped and looked into his transer and saw Applejack.

"What is it?"

"You're not the only one who lost somethin, Ah lost my Ma and Pa in an accident too. It was a terrible thing to go through, Ah didn't want to be with anypony ever anymore 'cause I thought it might happen again. But then my Granny Smith told that losin others you care about is part of life, no matter how we lose them. Ah didn't like what she said, but she was right. My parents may be gone, but at least Ah have somethin they left behind, their love for me. It's all Ah have left from them, and to remember by."

Geo listen the orange equestrian said as she told her story. Both he and her had the same tragedy as they lost the people they love and were forced to move on. But there is a difference, Applejack accepted her parents death, while he does not. After all Twilight does know something his disappearance, and perhaps is alive!

She has to tell him!

"Thanks Applejack, but I'm not ready to move on. Not until Twilight tells me about my father's disappearance! I'm really desperate to know if he's alive or not! But...thanks for telling me your story, it helped a bit."

"Just tryin to help partner."

"Right. Come on, let's head on home."

Later that night, Aaron's lab.

Hanging his FlapPack over his desk, Tom looked at what is perhaps his greatest invention yet!

"Just a few more tweaks, and it'll be ready! Can't give up now!"

"Working late again?"

Tom turned around to see Aaron coming his way.

"Y-Yes I am."

"Heh, you really are into your work. That's good! It shows you really have faith in this invention of yours! What's it called again?

Tom hesitated to speak, but he told Aaron its name.

"It's called the FlapPack."

"FlapPack huh? Makes sense that it has wings. Pretty cool! And it's tested out by yourself right? So how is it? Is it safe?"

"Not yet, it still needs some more adjustments before it's ready."

"I see, well, don't push yourself hard ok? A great inventor like you need some rest. Speaking of rest, It's time for me to head on home."

"Yes, go and get some rest. Big day tomorrow right?"

Aaron nodded and began to head towards the exit. That is until he stopped and looked back at Tom.

"Hey Tom, I know this is kinda of sudden, but I was wondering if you wanted to form a brotherband with me?"

Tom immediately felt surprised by his partners question. A brotherband? With Aaron? But why? What's the reason?

"A-A brotherband? Why would you…"

"Ah, sorry I guess it was sudden! The idea just came to my head! Look, we've known each other for a long time, however we never talked other than work, so…"

"Is...Is this an order from my boss?"

"O-Order?!" Replied Aaron as he was shocked by Tom's response. "No, no, no, Please Tom, don't say that! I just wanted to get to know each other. As friends!"

"Get to know each other…? As friends?"

"Yeah, and to tell you the truth...I haven't had a good friend in a long time. You remember that incident three years ago? I lost my best friend in that accident. He made me realize the importance of friendship more than other achievement I have made in my life. Without it, I wouldn't have met the good people I have met today. Like you!"

Tom stayed silent as he listens to Aaron's story. He didn't know he lost a friend in that incident, and after working with him for a long time, Aaron sees him as friend to hopefully replace the one he lost. And hearing how he wants to form a brotherband, he sounds serious!

("Aaron...could he be…? Yes! Can be trusted! At least it sounds like he can be trusted, unlike the last time…")

"Ok," Tom answered. "I'll form a brotherband with you. I suppose a good person like you needs a friend."

"Really?!" Aaron excitedly replied" Then let's form one right away! But quick warning, my secrets can be quite shocking! Hahaha!"

Hours later, Tom sat on a chair looking at his transer's brotherband list, had Aaron's picture on it. And he was the only one on the brotherband.

"It's ok...it's ok...It's Aaron. I can trust him. But...I'm still a bit suspicious about him. What if he betrays me? Then it'll be that time all over again!"

"Pfft! BAHAHAHAHA! Look at you! Talking to yourself about trust! I know plenty about the word!"

"Huh?" Tom turned around and in front of him is a cyan colored horse with rainbow colored hair and tail. It even has wings as it flew!

"What the?"

"Sup?"

Tom screamed I fear as he backed away from the creature, as it laughed once more.

"HAHAHAHA!!! Oh man you should see the look on your face! It looks ridiculous! Now then, back to business."

"W-W-What are you?! What do you want?!"

"Since you asked, I'm a Pegasus, from planet equestria. And as for what I want, is to help you!"

"H-Help me?"

"Yeah, you need my help to solve your problem. The trust of others. I can feel it ya know, your pain of something that happened before right?"

"...Yes." Tom confessed "I had a terrible experience with betrayal, I trusted someone who I thought was my friend. And now, I don't think I can go through that again!"

The equestrian placed its hoof in Tom's shoulder and said.

"Awww, don't 'cha worry there pal. Let me help you, and I'll make sure that you won't be betrayed ever again. After all, I'm extremely loyal to my people back home. I'll be loyal to you too, if want it that is?"

Tom thought long and hard, he didn't want to be betrayed ever again! Especially from Aaron! If he's a good friend like he said, he'll have to prove it. They all will!

"I'll take your offer."

The Pegasus smiled, what a sucker!

"Good choice! Now, tell me about what happened to ya in the past. I'm all ears!"

To be continued...

Author's Note:

Hope you guys still follow this story, I've been wanting to continue this.

Comments ( 2 )

Excited to see what happens next.

Managed to read this fully.
I fondly remember playing Star Force on an emulator pretty much.

Wonder if this fic will continue?
Since the Mane 6 will be showing up, will Spike show up too?

Login or register to comment