• Published 30th Jan 2014
  • 1,236 Views, 15 Comments

Give me a speck of something that makes sense - Commander Hot Stuff



Princess Luna helps somepony to answer the question that everyone does once in a lifetime: Why was I born? I wish I had never been born.

  • ...
2
 15
 1,236

Helping a bearer of harmony

Luna's P.O.V

Have you ever woke or slept thinking about the meaning of life? Of your life, specifically saying. As the princess of the night, I often see dreams of ponies about it. So I change the course of your dreams by showing them happy things with which they had dreamed of before.

Taking care of the dreams of my subjects is not an easy task. Often requires me concentration, meditation and nerves of steel but I'm happy to help them. Today I was wanting to see something really exciting, daring and adventurous too. Maybe a short walk through the dreams of the element of Loyalty satisfy my desire.

Getting in her dream, I observe the scenery. It is a quiet evening and has some clouds in the sky. Rainbow Dash is sitting on one of them, her face is contemplative how to she examine the distance of the cloud to the ground. A precisely calculated move, I can see and I look forward to what comes next.

She soars to a higher cloud and back to look around. She seems nervous at the same time determined. Maybe I see a Sonic Rainboom. This is so cool. Oh, a filly with a nightmare about toasters in Manehattan. Do not start the show without me, Rainbow Dash, I’ll be back soon.

A warning to parents: Never let your child watch thrillers about killer toasters, they really burn. I returned to Rainbow Dash dream only to find her with the same contemplative face. I did not face a killer toaster to see you sitting, Rainbow Dash! Move! Make a loop, some spinning, some simple measly flight! I do not want to be forced to watch another dream about pies with Soarin again. Or about a beach and coconut water with Spitfire.

I think I'm going to dream of Scootaloo. She must be dreaming about your awesome flights, Rainbow. Finally she decided to move, I'm staying right here. Rainbow soars again and looks at the floor again and I'm sure she'll do that now.

She starts flying toward the ground reaching lightning speed in a few seconds. That sounds like a Sonic Rainboom for me. My eyes shine with excitement, I'm about to view something truly historic. Give me a break, I just saw one of the three she did.

But something is wrong here, she ends up locking the wings next to the body. Content yourself, Luna, you will not see a Sonic Rainboom but the famous "Mortal Flying” where the pegasus flies speedily to the ground and a few feet before reaching it opens its wings on a flyby. Few pegasus managed to do this feat.

She is a few feet off the ground, but her wings do not open. Sweet Celestia, she is not doing any maneuver! She is committing suicide! If I do not do something fast, she'll get. I turn some stones into a huge mattress and she falls it. I managed to save her, even if just in the dream world.

I went down of my cloud and flew to her. The mattress had managed to absorb the impact of the fall. I landed beside her and touched her head to the hull. She opened her eyes, a little dizzy and then looked around.

"I.. Died?" She looked into my eyes.

"No, but barely so. What were you thinking? No, do not tell me anything. Not now. Wake up, drink a glass of water and wait for me in your bed. Whatever happens, do not leave home. Did you understand ? "

"Yes, Princess." She stood up and I thanked her for being unharmed

"Please, Rainbow, call me Luna." Although my voice was pleasant, my face was not. I was angry with her because she had dreamed about suicide. If she was dreaming about suicide, it is likely that she went to sleep thinking about too. I opened my eyes, leaving the dream world. I had an important mission in the real world.

In a carriage pulled by two of my guards, I followed in silence all the way to Ponyville. The lights on, a very few, who were perceived to Ponyville also had an active nightlife

But my destination was not within the town. The carriage landed on soft soil afforded by the extensive porch of cloudhome. I told my guards for resting, I would spend the night there if necessary.

I opened the door with my magic. Few houses in Equestria were like this, a quiet place to live, above the mountains, large and spacious. I assumed that was her bedroom a few floors above.

I opened the door and found her just as I had asked, awake and drinking a glass of water. She looked at me and walked away from the center of the bed, making clear that I was invited to lie there.

I thanked her and lay beside her. Not in a thousand years would I find such a soft bed like that.

"You know why I'm here?"

"Yes, Luna."

"Why, Rainbow Dash? Of all the ponies, just you, Rainbow? I just do not understand why you want to take your own life."

"I just realized how useless I am here. Ponyville doesn’t need me, Equestria doesn’t need me. Twilight helps everyone with her wisdom and magic, not to mention that she is a princess too. Pinkie Pie makes everyone smile and she is a excellent baker too. Applejack looks after the farm as anyone and always gives good counsel. Fluttershy takes care of all animals dearly preventing them from harming for Ponyville. Rarity makes beautiful dresses that pleases everyone and makes Ponyville a well-spoken town, and I? I keep the sky clean, but any pegasi can do this. I fly very well, but have been born and will be born pegasus that will do the same. Why was I born? They say that everypony was born to be special, I wish I were never born ."

"Let me see if I understand ... You think you're not special?"

"With your pardon, but you can not see? It is so clear as the summer sky."

"You are special, Rainbow Dash. Much more than you think."

"Zero multiplied by any number is still zero. Moreover, it is said for anypony that is on the verge of suicide."

"You think I go out of my bed and my duties every night to say that to somepony? Is the first time I do it, Rainbow Dash, and for good reason. You are special and I can prove it."

"Sorry, your highness, but nothing you say will change my opinion about me."

"Rainbow Dash, where ponies have a dream like this I usually show him happy dreams that pony had . Never talked personally with somepony in this situation. However, I will not say anything. I'll show you. Close your eyes and follow me for an Equestria where you do not exist.”