• Published 12th Jan 2012
  • 3,500 Views, 72 Comments

The Mare of Everfree Lake - Gordon Freepony



Soarin' falls in love with a kelpie named Dulset Tarn.

  • ...
2
 72
 3,500

Chapter 2: Waking Up

A/N: Thanks so much for the positive reviews on Chapter One! Now that I'm motivated to write Chapter Two: Waking Up, I wanted to quickly give two notes. (1) Because of school and the need to heavily edit my work for the fic, new chapters will be coming out about once a week or less if I'm lucky. (2) With regards to this chapter, the later part gets towards the cheeky territory so if you don't like that kind of thing, don't say I didn't warn you! Now on with the show!

<=============================================>

Chapter Two: Waking Up

I’ll be waiting for you right here, Soarin’…

Those words rung through his head ever since they left Dulset’s mouth yesterday evening at the lake. Every time they did, his longing for the mysterious mare became stronger. Multiple times, he tried to force them out of his brain; those simple words wound up coming back with a vengeance, further fueling the desire within him to see her again. Damn ironic processing.

Later the next afternoon, Soarin’ made his way to the training grounds behind Canterlot Castle. For the most part, the area was just an empty field save for ankle and wrist weights and water canteens under a tent. It almost seemed as if the budget was quite small, but the reality was that the pegasi didn't need much equipment for their practice sessions together. Having to carry around little equipment was considered a blessing for many of them. The team was already lined up near the tent preparing to perform the routine for next week's show. Many of them were jogging in place or doing stretches. He joins them in the line and does stretching excercises of his own starting with his wings and back.

"I'll be waiting for you right here, Soarin'..."

There they come again. He stopped in mid-stretch as Dulset's voice tickled his mind for the upteenth time today and sighed. Once ready, Spitfire took her position in front of the team. "Alright, boys. This is our last review for the week. We need to go over the entire routine from top to bottom so we can get the kinks ironed out for the show in Ponyville next week. I expect to see no mistakes coming from you guys during the live performance. Do I make myself clear?" All of the team members nodded in unison except for Soarin', who seemed to be in a daze before coming back to reality and mumbling in agreement. She simply raised an eyebrow at his reaction and shoved it off. "Good. Now let's do this!" The Wonderbolts then took to the air in a V-formation and began their practice run.

After finishing the routine with the occasional pause to review mistakes and change up their tricks, the team finally called it a day and took a beeline straight to the tent where their water canteens lied in wait. Fleetfoot was the first one to attack the precious commodity; the others followed suit moments later, downing the icy water and dumping the remainder on their burning foreheads. While the others were busy with colling down and rehydrating, the team captain was observing her charge. Soarin' hadn't even touched his canteen despite his evident exhaustion. He just sat on the bench oblivious to the heat and inappropriate conversations that took place between the other team members. The expression on Soarin's face never showed any sadness, but rather a sense of longing. Before long, she approached him asking, “Hey, Soarin’. Can I talk to you for a minute in private?”

“Yeah, what’s up?”

Spitfire leads him a short ways from the tent and out of earshot of the others while they chatted idly about everything from partying to future gigs. She then turns to him with a concerned expression. “I won’t lie, Soarin’…something is on your mind and it’s bugging you through all of practice. I can tell. What’s up with you today?”

“Nothing important, I guess. It’s just…I can’t stop thinking about her.”

"Her?" Now THAT was news. Soarin’ distracted by a mare? Of the hundreds of times he had to fight off the gold-diggers and superfans, not once was his mind ever romantically drawn towards them. Not to mention that incident with the rainbow-maned pony last year at the Grand Galloping Gala…total disaster. Spitfire had to force her jaw to stay in place or else risk it falling off her face in surprise. "Who...?"

“Her name is Dulset Tarn. I had met her last night after a long flight--”

Raucous laughter could be heard coming from the tent. Apparently, one of the team members was recalling a night of partying on the town that left him in some penthouse with a celebrity he didn’t remember going home with. “…as I was saying, she's...unlike any mare I met before! She was very sweet and. And her voice? Aw damn, that voice...so...beautiful! I would be content to just lay back and listen to her sing all night long."

Spitfire could only laugh at his fawning over the new special pony is his life. "Sounds like somepony got bitten by a lovebug~."

"You could say that."

"Didn't I tell you that the right one was out there somewhere?"

Soarin' chuckled. "That you did, that you did."

"Do you plan on doing anything special for her."

"Kinda..........wait a minute, what time is it?

"Uh, about half past five. Why?"

5:30? The day was already almost gone! What if Dulset wasn't going to wait for him? Well, that was a chance he didn't want to take. He stripped out of his flight suit and threw it against the nearby bench. "Dammit! I've promised her that I would go back to see her again today! I'm sorry, but I need to go!" With that, he took off into the sky at breakneck pace, searching for the mare he had fallen hard for. Spitfire merely watched him go with a smile on her face.

"Go get her, bud."

<=============================================>

The day was drawing to a close and Celestia's sun had set, making way for the coming gibbous moon. Soarin' had been flying for over an hour now with only one thing in mind: Dulset Tarn. Images of her ruby eyes and supple body flitted about his mind, constantly teasing him along the way there. “I’m not sure how much more of this I can take. I’ve gotta find her…” Not a moment too soon, he could hear a familiar song coming from near the lake he found the prior day. "That wonderful voice...that's got to be her!" He touches down by the lake's shore and looks around for Dulset, who he quckly discovered was lounging around on the water. Her body appeared to give off a soft glow from the moonlight reflecting off of her smooth, wet skin.

"I've been waiting for you Soarin'!" She walks out of the water with a swagger in her step, swaying her hips from side to side along the way. As Dulset makes her way towards her admirer, she hums the melody from before, but with a dropped key and shuffle rhythm, giving it a much more sultry vibe. This new sound was tugging at Soarin's heart strings with an even tighter grip than before. "It's been sooo long since we've been together~."

"If you call a single day a long time, then yes," he chuckled.

"You don't know how long it feels when I'm separated from you..." She slowly wraps her hooves around his neck, her voice dripping with desire. "All I wanted is you, Soarin'... " Dulset's eyes meet his in a half-lidded stare, leaving him frozen on the spot where he stood. "Now that have you...I couldn’t be happier..."

Her eyes drift closed as she presses her muzzle against his in a slow, deep kiss. He melted in her hooves almost instantly as he returned her kiss with passion and longing. Her lips sent a pleasantly relaxing sensation across his body that reminded him of being submerged in warm water, merely floating about without care. Soarin' brought a hoof behind her and pulled her body closer to himself, deepening the kiss even further. The two held that embrace for only moments that to him felt like an eternity.

Dulset eventually breaks away from the kiss with a lusty look that left the pegasus literally panting for more. “Do you want me, my dear stallion?

Overcome by the mental fog of his primal urges, he barely nods his head in agreement.

She leans into his ear and whispers, “Tell me…tell me just how much you want me.

“I want you more than anything…I would give anything just to be with you…”

Anything?” Her crimson eyes seemed to glitter about in the moonlight, further drawing Soarin’ into her emotional grasp.

“…yes…please…I want you so much, Dulset…I need you...”

With a giggle, she offers up a suggestion. "What do you say we go for a swim together? Just the two of us? I’m sure you would enjoy that~." She walked into the water with her flank swaying slowly from side to side to draw in his eyes. Once about neck-deep, she turned around and gestured with a hoof for Soarin' to join her. His body ran on autopilot, walking itself from his spot along the shore to where Dulset was floating in the lake. While this was happening, something odd occurred to him: why would she want to swim? Sure the lake was a romantic setting, but what sense does it make to have a make-out session IN a lake when they had already started right there on the shore? It didn't really matter in the end, he realized. Soarin' was head over hooves for this mare and as long as they were together, their present location was irrelevant.

Not more than a minute later, the two were floating together on the water and once more engaged in a heated make-out session, their bodies grinding against each other in a deeply-rooted passion. "And now you're mine~..." A devilish smile crept up her face as Dulset's gentle kisses along her stallion's neck turned into long, sensuous licks along his cheekbone, stretching to the tip of his ear. Shivers of pleasure shot up Soarin's spine with every stroke of the tongue. With each lick she would flick her tongue at the tip of his ear and cause him to moan lightly. She licked her lips then did something...rather unusual. Dulset wrapped her gaping mouth around Soarin's skull and…sucked on it like a lollipop? "Wait a minute," Soarin' thought, "How could a pony open their mouth that--HOLY SHIT, why does feel so good?!" He found himself whimpering in ecstasy at this new sensation and writhed about in her hooves desiring only to be closer to her.

Any offhoof observer could say that he could die right now because it wouldn’t get any better than this. If there was one here...he wouldn’t have been more right. Without ever breaking their embrace, Dulset starts dragging him underwater where he had no choice but to hold his breath. That alone was a challenge when he was already struggling to keep his composure under this level of intense pleasure. Then…she began to change. Dulset’s form distorted and her skin darkened to a green shade like that of algae. The whites of her eyes disappeared and turned completely blood red. For but a moment, Soarin’ opens his eyes and catches a glimpse of what was happening. The seduction…the odd behaviors…the transformation…everything clicked in his brain and he instantly went into full panic mode.

"Shit! I need to get out of here! I CAN'T DIE!" His mind commanded his body to try and move against the debilitating pleasure that held the reigns. When he did regain control over his movements and fought to escape, he encountered and even more troubling fact: the mare’s skin was stuck to him like glue. There was really no way out. In a last ditch attempt to escape her clutches, he desperately threw his wings open as hard as possible. Luck had it that the force was strong enough to undo the adhesive bonds and force her hooves apart. "Yes!" The...creature...that was Dulset quickly realized its prey had gotten itself loose and emitted a low roar of frustration and swam after Soarin'.

Chases weren't usually a problem for the pegasus, but the water proved to be a serious disadvantage. Nearly passing out from a lack of air, he barely makes it out of the water and into the air. Only barely. Dulset was floating in the lake in her disturbing form giving Soarin another enraged roar. "Get away from me, you fucking monster! GO AWAY!" He then shot into the trees where he weaved in between their branches in an effort to lose her. The distinct lack. "I need to get the hell out of here! I can't let--"

*WHACK*

A thick branch met his face at high speed, causing the pegasus to flip through the air uncontrollably before slamming his back against a tree trunk. He then fell to the forest floor and lay there for a few moments in a daze before finally slipping out of consciousness. He may not have realized it before, but this horrifying encounter was only the beginning of something new...

<=============================================>

Dulset was laying alone at the edge of the water in silence, thinking about what had happened this afternoon. Her prey got away; nothing unusual, but her heart was troubled by Soarin's words. They were a reminder of who she was. A seductress. A carnivore. An animal. She let her head hang low as she let out a soft, depressed whimper.

"I'm not a monster...am I...?"

<=============================================>

DISCLAIMER: None of the material presented in the preceding fanfiction belongs to me. “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” is trademarked by Hasbro, Inc along with all respective characters, settings, etc. The original character “Dulset Tarn” was used with the explicit written permission of her creator/Ponychan roleplayer, Kamunami. This work is currently under review by JuyUnseen, Kamunami, Cyanide, and MatthewMissouri and is pending edits in the near future.