• Published 26th Mar 2012
  • 7,067 Views, 548 Comments

Mischmasch - SpiralWriter



Come and hear the tale of an out of place creature in the seemingly perfect land of Equestria.

  • ...
17
 548
 7,067

Fury of the King

All I could do was sit and wait. It was a very boring experience.

For the most part of my time in the 'dungeon', it really couldn't seriously be called that since it was just a storeroom, I spent it trying to break free of the magic chain that held me tight in one spot. I tried pulling it, but it held fast to the wall. At first, I had thought to smash the wall and deal with getting the collar off later, but apparently that was enchanted as well, just as durable as my binding. I tried smashing it between my fists, but not a single scratch. I even gushed a stream of fire against it, and all I accomplished was set a few boxes nearby on fire. After patting those down to smouldering ashes, I plopped down, defeated, at least for now.

After dozing off for at least a few hours, not daring to fully go back to sleep for fear of another nightmare to befall me, I was snapped awake by the sound of approaching hooves. I looked up and coolly regarded the King with narrowed eyes, my slitted pupils focusing in on him. He met my gaze, and I chuckled to find that there was some swelling going on around underneath his eyes and a medical strip was holding onto his nose. How high and mighty are you now?!

Behind him was a posse consisting of Brutus, Lady Luck, the dunderhead duo Royal and Ace, and several other pegasi with gambling game related cutie marks. He didn't want to take chances with me again after the little swellhead I gave him.

"Evenin'."I greeted cheerily as they stopped in front of me.

"It's actually seven in the morning, you've been down here for a while."The King replied, no hint of emotion in his voice. All he did was stare back at me, our gazes never leaving the sturdy lock of sight we had made with them.

"Must've dozed off."I scratched under my chin, the claw on scales creating a rough scritchy sound.

The King turned to Lady Luck, nodding at her."Babe, if you don't mind,"He pointed a hoof at me. She nodded back and stepped forward, her horn glowing once more. I felt a familiar surge of magic, and an invisible aura around me briefly lit up, rejuvenating it to new strength. I raised an eyebrow curiously at them.

"Your cloudwalking spell. I figured it needed to be renewed."The pompadoured pony merely stated,

"How nice of you."I batted my eyes at him sarcastically, only for him to nod once more to his woman by his side, to which her horn glowed only brighter.

"It's to make sure youse don't leave before we're through."

A crackling of energy filled the air, and I turned to see another line of magic shoot out from the wall, snapping itself against my wrists, creating chains that bonded my arms as well now. Another thwip through the air, and my legs were contained as well. I struggled against my new shackles, but they proved to be just as powerful. I looked over at Lady Luck performing her restraining magic, and found something quite interesting. Her face was scrunched up into a contusion of concentration, her own gaze steadily focused on me. Using all this magic on me was obviously putting a mental strain on her. All I had to do was wait for her to break.

"What's the new accessories for?"I asked right before the King approached me, his right foreleg whipping out to strike me across the face. It didn't really hurt, but he got a reaction from me. I snarled at him, baring my fangs, but he chuckled at my behavior. The moment I tried to lunge at him, Lady Luck amplified the magic in the chains, sending another course of electricity to shock me, this time the pain quintupled with the new chains.

"Have at 'em boys, the beast needs ta learn who its master is."The King stepped back, allowing his thugs to move in close on my fried form. A sharp kick into the face from a bucking courtesy of Ace sent me flying back into the wall. Before I even rebounded off, Brutus was upon me, slamming repeatedly into the sturdy cloud. Wasn't this stuff supposed to be soft? I felt something in my nostrils pop, releasing a fresh stream of green blood to fall down my face.

"Blugh, look at this freak!"I heard Royal Flush's voice as he pulled his favorite tool from a nearby shelf, the baseball bat, and crack it over one of my knees, sending sharp roots of pain to jolt through my lower body."He bleeds green blood!"

Blow after blow, I was struck repeatedly on all sides. It was a blur of bodies ganging up on me. I could sometimes see a fetlock come right at my eyes to clock me, and my vision blurred.

I hoped my blood would get on the blighters and burn 'em all.


Alamo grumbled in his sleep as a knocking at the door to his hotel room awakened him."Go 'way."He yelled loud enough for whoever was outside to hear. The knocking only persisted.

"Nopony's home."He tried again with a yawn. Only another knock, this one much more forceful.

"Ah'll shoot you if ya knock one more time."

A moment of silence passed, and he let out a sigh of relief. The old cowpony tucked himself tighter into his bed, the warmth of the blanket making sure he was snuggled up and nice tight, his head delicately laid on the softest pillow he's ever graced. Alamo was comfy once more to drift off back to sleep.

KNOCK.

"Celestia dammit!"

He ran out of bed, his magic holding his revolver right beside him. He positioned so that whoever opened the door would get a nice meeting with the barrel of his six shooter.

"What is it-....oh. It's you."

He opened the door to reveal Zola, her dead eyes regarding his weapon with much disinterest. She shoved it aside and trotted inside, Alamo grumbling the entire time as he closed the door. He holstered his weapon and cracked his neck, unleashing another loud, mouth-stretching yawn.

"What is it?"

"Have you heard anything from Oddjob?"

"Not since last night."He shrugged.

Zola worriedly shook her head, her dreads swaying with her movement."I fear he's run wrong with the King's mob."

"Oddjob? Nah. He's an idjit, but even idjits know when to keep themselves out of somethin' that can kill 'em."

"Are you so sure? How was he last night? I heard Brutus arrived, giving you quite the fright."She crossed her forelegs accusingly. Alamo shrugged once more, but this one seemed a tad more nervous in body language. He gulped a little.

"He just went up ta the talk to the King."

"And you haven't seen him since?"She squinted her eyes angrily at him.

"Err...no..."

"You are incredibly dense."She rolled her eyes."The King's taken him somewhere, that of which I am sure."

"And you would know where?"Alamo hovered his colorful poncho over his body and steadied his hat over his eyes. he felt like something serious was about to go down, and he needed his security items for such an occasion. Bullet belt, check. Ol' Shooty, check. Dynamite hidden away in poncho? Double check.

Zola nodded, walking back to the door, motioning a wave with her hoof for him to follow her.

"But I am very positive that it is a trap, a lure."


"Yeouch! His blood hurts!"

I cracked a grin of broken teeth. One of the unknown cronies recoiled away from me, his left foreleg sizzling from my acidic blood, cradling the affected area tenderly.

"Come 'here,"I spat out."Another dose will help you."

I was silenced with a powerful cross from Brutus. My head snapped to the side, and I felt something rattle inside my skull. My vision dimmed and blackened for a few seconds.

"You're an odd one, aren't you?"The King commented, signaling for his boys to end their torture.

"Did the name give it away?"I crackled, spitting some more green goo onto the floor, where it promptly burnt a whole through the floor."Or was it the mischmasched up body parts?"

Another spark from Lady's horn, and another wave of electrocution surged through me. G'damn, I was getting tired of that. I bet she was, as it appeared she was straining under the toll of having to do so much with her magic. This obviously wasn't her talent.

"The fact that you're stupid enough to defy me tells it all, Oddy."The King had produced another cigar between his teeth, munching down on the smoke stick between his teeth."You're not the smartest thing I've ever met. I thought youse was different."

"First of all..."I weakly raised a finger to point at him,"It's 'you', not 'youse'. Second, say 'were' instead of 'was'. I'm not the one being grammatically incorrect here."

Brutus slammed my head against something steel. Why was everything so...rattly? Oh look, a few fangs fell out.

"Still being stupid."The King finished his cigar, putting it out by grinding it against my face. It didn't hurt considering I was fireproof, but everything else did.

"Hello?"

A familiar voice. God no, why? He could've just stayed in the hotel room, sleeping like he did yesterday. I painstakingly raised my neck to look over the crowd of brutes in front of me, Alamo flanked by Zola entering the room. The King calmly turned around and regarded them with the briefest flash of interest. He waved a hoof, and his goons charged at them.

Shiiiiit.