• Published 20th Mar 2012
  • 1,245 Views, 28 Comments

TCB:NU:New Lunar Republic - kryxel



Can the ponies save the newfoals of earth?

  • ...
19
 28
 1,245

5: Stories of the Doctor 1.1 (Pipsqueek)

As the doctor conversed with the celery, he did not notice a pair of Reddish orange eyes looking at him from around a stable. The eyes belonged to a yellow mare with a red mane and tail.
The mare stepped back into the shadows behind the stable and pulled out something from a saddlebag. She tapped a quick rhythm on the stable wall and the world seemed to ooze into the point where she tapped.

The mare took a quick look around before quickly stepping through.

-------------
~The remains of Equestria~
-------------
"Ahh, Applebloom. I did not expect you home so soon."
"Ah’ have information the mare of defense may want to hear, Zenith." Applebloom said as she dropped the saddlebag into her locker before running up to the halls of New Canterlot.
If she were to glance out the windows as she were running she would have seen a sight that was now familiar to most ponies, a sight that would haunt and horrify a pony of the past.
What was once old Canterlot was now piles of rubble at the base of mountain; when the detonation had occurred, the very stone holding old Canterlot to the mountain gave way, leading to the collapse of Equestria’s greatest city. Princess Luna had then decided to rebuild just on the outskirts of Ponyville, which in turn was renamed new Canterlot officially, most ponies still call it Ponyville though.
Applebloom passed the books and branches library, the department of uniforms, the ballroom and bakery, the rainbow factory and weather center, and the Fluttershy memorial zoo running, until she arrived at A massive door with the symbol for the New Lunar Republic engraved on its wooden face.
She thought about it, pulled out her trademark red bow that her grandmother had made for her long ago, tied it onto her head, and then knocked hard at the door.
"Enter." a voice said from beyond the door.
Applebloom opened the massive doors and trotted to the front desk, saluting to the mare of defense.
"Captain Bloom, with information for General Jack."
"At ease, Bloom. After all, aint’ we family?" Applejack said, with a smile, as she walked over to the red desk and sat down. The orange mare looked over at her younger sister and smiled.
"Of course, sis." applebloom said sitting down opposite.
"Now, What’s got your tail in a knot?" Applejack said, setting her generals cap down next to her own old and very well used Stetson.
"Well.. Remember ya’ll sent me to the paddock on earth to gather information without bein’ seen? Well, it seems there is a pony working for Ralph."
"Ahh, He has himself a stallion for a pet? Nothin’ new. Many humans have slaves just like that, even long before we showed up." Applejack looked at her sister.

"No, sis, this stallion was not a slave! He was more like, Well ah can’t really describe him. Ah mean he was the only stallion on that there farm… Not, uh... gelded."
"So, he is... someone important to Ralph?"
"Ah’ would say so, sis." Applebloom nodded.
"Did ya’ happen to catch his name?" Applejack said, reaching for her planner
"Ah shure did. One of the other mares said it was "The Doctor"."
Applejack paused, and then reached over instead to the phone.
"Code red, code-word ‘doctor’. Requesting immediate meeting, with all generals and the princess present in the war room." Applejack hung up the phone as an alarm started ringing.
"Come on captain! You have a meetin with the princess."
--------------
~Sometime later~
--------------
The first thing Applebloom saw as she entered the war room was six ponies standing around the table. As she entered, they moved to sit down.
Applejack nuzzled her sister before heading to her own chair, in-between big mac and the chair reserved for Fluttershy.
"Why has this meeting been called, General Applejack?" Luna said on her throne
"Captain Bloom has some information, regarding pony enemy number one."
"Very well, Applebloom. You may speak."
"Yes, ma'am. I was off doing mah’ mission..." Applebloom recounted what she had said to her sister earlier.
Luna listened, glancing at each pony every now and again to gage their reaction.
Applejack had already heard it, so she had no reaction.
Rarity was just listening attentatively.
Pinkie pie was bouncing in her seat.
Big Mac seemed to be frozen in attention, except for the occasional twitch of his ear.
Rainbow dash had her fore hooves folded and was listening.
Pipsqueak, Luna’s assistant, was hurriedly jotting down notes for review later.
"So, This ‘Doctor’… who is he?" Luna asked aloud.
"I-I’ve seen him."
All the eyes in the room turned to the suddenly wide-eyed colt.
"H-he’s like fire… and ice... and rage. He's the night and the storm, and the heart of the sun…" Pipsqueak spoke slowly.
"Well… It seems you have a story to tell us, Pip." rarity said with a smile.
"I-it began before I moved here from Trottingham..."
-------------------
Many many years ago
-------------------
I, pipsqueak, lived in Fetlocksley, a small hamlet outside of trottingham. On any other day you would hear the sounds of children playing and farmers hard at work bringing in the wheat and grain to be shipped to trottingham then distributed to the three main cities of equestrian…
…But for the last couple of weeks, foals and fillies have been going missing. The adults were scared and wondered what could have happened, "manticores, boggarts, and jabberwocks" they said under their breath.
Most ponies cried, some packed up and left, but me... I couldn’t do nothing. One of my friends had gone missing just the day before.
The adults said he was gone, snatched up by the forest.
I wanted to find him.
I grabbed my sword and my pack and decided a one day trip into the forest would have been the best idea, a trip to find the greatest hero I knew, one whose stories are even known in every city in equestria, Robbing hoof.

I knew the stories by heart and knew that he and his Cunning Colts would be stationed always at the greenwood tree in the center of the forest. I also knew that he would be willing to help me find my friend and the other foals.

How wrong I was.

Comments ( 8 )

So wait... the doctor is the good guy? Or Bad guy from Equestria's perspective?

1029734
the Doctor is, and always will be, the Neutral factor.
he is.. The Doctor.
if you want to know what i mean, go watch Doctor Who on netflix or online.

Doctor is decidedly not neutral. He takes sides all the time. Normally it's against what ever variation of 'Evil' is on that episode, but even when it's two parties with legitimate issues, he would rarely take a position that would leave him on one faction's hit list, which was seemingly implied.

Granted, no clue what sorta TCB backstory your going to go with, but the human side of it seems pretty damn despicable, and I'd assume he'd side against them.

1029891
true, but what i ment is he is nutral on the grounds of chaos and order. sometimes he fights against the chaos (like when he fought the vasnarada and weeping angels) and other times he fights against order (daleks and cybermen.)
he walks the thin line between the angry god, and the wise healer.

Rather than Order/Chaos, though I can see where your going with that, he rather fights for life and freedom.

Vasnarada, Weeping Angels, Daleks, Cybermen and the Silence, all enslave/kill/eat/destroy/yada yada stuff and he works to stop them. I can't ever really see him taking a side against the common interpretation of the TBC Equestrians, maybe isolated groups of PER, but not mainstream.

1029962
well you shall soon see NLR is not your comman equestrians..

Mental note: More paragraph breaks.

it looks fine in MS word, but as soon as it gets posted it gets squeezed into a thinner space, turning it all into a lovely big blob.

1038966
okay. i will try to keep it in mind.

Login or register to comment