• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 1,889 Views, 56 Comments

A Little Bit of Chaos in my Life - forevertheDoctor



How I, the embodiment of kindness, fell for a little bit of chaos

  • ...
5
 56
 1,889

June 2nd, 1,004

I had a nightmare last night. Not a...scary nightmare. Oh...I don't know how to explain. I guess I'll just describe it.

You see, in the dream, I was just a filly, only around twelve. I had just earned my cutie mark during Rainbow Dash's big race. Of course I had rushed home right away to show my parents. Maybe my dad would actually be proud of me. I flew up to my house, which took a bit of effort since I'm not a natural flyer. Once I got there I swung open the door and practically slid up to my parents and brother. My father's name was Steel Wing. He was a big, strong pegasus with a grey coat. His eyes were a royal purple. He had a black mane cut in a large mohawk. His cutie mark was a picture of a wing. My mother's name was Posey. She resembled me in pretty much every way except her cutie mark, which was three pink tulips. Say, now that I think about it, MY cutie mark was three pink butterflies! Anyway, that left my brother. His name was Buttercup. He had an orange coat and a messy yellow mane. His eyes were forest green, a beautiful color. He didn't have his cutie mark, but he loved flying. My entire family gave me quizzical looks. Too excited to say anything, I extended my flank, showing them it was no longer blank.

My entire family's faces beamed. My smile grew as I saw legitimate pride in my father's eyes for the very first time. I galloped up to him, and he hugged me, pressing my body into his with his massive wing. My mother nuzzled me, her expression full of warmth and pride. My brother simply stood in shock, which was quite amusing considering he had always teased me about how he would be the first to earn a cutie mark. My father examined my cutie mark, trying to figure out my special talent.

"Three butterflies...how did you get that, Fluttershy?" asked my father. I froze. I couldn't tell him I was on the ground! He had always warned me about that place, and told me that if I ever went down there, I would be in BIG trouble! I gulped and tried to act natural.

"Oh...well...I was just out, flying around when I saw a group of butterflies. I stopped to watch them, but suddenly that filly named Rainbow Dash kind of broke the sound barrier, and that frightened all the butterflies. Naturally I was upset because they were just so beautiful and I didn't want them to go, so I tried calling out to them, and they actually listened! So it turns out that being able to communicate with little critters is my special talent!" I explained, leaving parts out and filling them in with more suitable parts. My entire family looked impressed, which made feel so happy! Mom cooked up some of her famous grilled daffodil sandwiches, my favorite! And for the first time in a while...I felt like I belonged.

The next morning when I woke up, I gasped and my pupils shrank in fear. My dad, who had looked so proud of me just last night, towered over my bed, scowling at me. He began shouting at me, making me try to hide underneath my covers.

"ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR MIND, GIRL?!" he barked. I whimpered and covered my head.

"STOP BEING SUCH A BUCKING CELESTIA DAMNED WIMP AND LOOK ME IN THE FACE!" he shouted even louder. My mother came rushing up the stairs, coming to my defense.

"STEEL WING! Are those any type of words you should use around a filly? Around YOUR DAUGHTER?!" she shot back. My father simply glared at my mother, who held her ground. The one thing that makes us different.

"She deserves those harsh words, Posey! She's LIED to us!" said my father. Mom looked at me in shock.

"No! You wouldn't! F-Fluttershy...did you?" Mom stammered. I simply gave a whimper in reply. Dad looked at me with disgust in his eyes, as if I were a piece of filth.

"Firefly, the mother of that Rainbow filly rushed over right away talking about how our precious Fluttershy was WEAK enough to be pushed to the ground. The GROUND! Not only that, but she LIED. The GROUND is where she got her cutie mark, not the clouds! Why would she get it in the clouds? Clouds are for REAL pegasi. SHE is not a pegasus. She never will be. She's destined to be WORTHLESS! Do you hear me, girl? Talking to butterflies won't get you anywhere in life! You are NOT my daughter. You are a WORTHLESS PIECE OF SHIT!" he screamed. The words stung, jerking tears out of my eyes. Mom glared at him.

"STEEL WING! DOWNSTAIRS NOW!" she screamed. Dad looked to mom, and the. Back to me. Giving me one last look of disdain, he did the worst thing a father could do to his little filly.

He spat on me.

And when I woke up I swore I could feel the warm goo on my forehead, taunting me, telling him how useless, how pathetic, how filthy, and how truly, truly awful I really am. Telling me I'll never have a real father who loves me.

Author's Note:

New update. WHOOPDEE FREAKIN DOO.

Comments ( 14 )

4389916

Loved the new chapter. And, while I've never been a massive fan of sadder chapters, this one is a good one.

Thank you for the update. :twilightsmile:

4391527 no problem. Is it truly that sad? I was going to remove the sad tag

Not really, but it has a bit of bitterness here and there. You could remove the sad tag, and it won't make much difference.

Fluttershy is quite the woobie, is she not?

4391542 I suppose. I was going to give it a sad ending. I'm glad you like the story!

4391561 I prefer happy endings. It takes true skill to make a truly touching happy ending.

However, Sad endings are also beautiful, if you do them right.

All it takes is a bit of balance. A happy ending can be given a bitter twist, or a sad one, a tinge of hope. It's when you combine despair with hope, happiness with the knowledge that everything still won't be perfect, or even good, that stories can sometimes supercede past being just stories, and transform into something more.

Blah blah, pseudo-wisdom stuff. Sorry if I bothered you. :twilightblush:

4391600 absolutely not! No matter what my motives are, I'm a writer, and it's quotes like yours that touch my heart and inspire me

I love this chapter.:yay:
But I feel sad for Fluttershy, I can't what for then next chapter.

4397129 Glad you like it :yay:
The next chapter should be out sometime next week

Pretty good story. Could be cheerier, I guess, but not everything needs to be all sunshine and lollies.

Fav'd.

4429267 thanks for the face! Also, this story is supposed to resemble an emotional roller coaster. There will be high points and low points. But the next chapter will be more lighthearted and fun

*Deep Breath* MUST READ MOAR, :flutterrage: if that ok..... :fluttershyouch:

Such a good story. Please write more.:heart:

Login or register to comment