• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 1,887 Views, 56 Comments

A Little Bit of Chaos in my Life - forevertheDoctor



How I, the embodiment of kindness, fell for a little bit of chaos

  • ...
5
 56
 1,887

May 30th, 1,004

I missed him. Discord, I mean...sorry. I should have seen it coming, should have known spirits come and spirits go. They never settle. I shook it off and went to see if I got any mail. When I opened the mailbox, there was a single envelope. It was covered with glitter and pink lace, pretty actually. I tore it open thinking I got it by mistake. Who would send boring old Fluttershy such pretty mail? But no. It had MY name on it. It was an invitation to a party in Cloudsdale, with MY name on it! Just then Discord appeared in front of me with a sombrero and a mariachi band.

"Look who's back!" Discord shouted while the band behind him loudly, each note horribly off key. He snapped his fingers and his hat and the band disappeared. He leaned in to look at the letter I was clutching in my hooves.

"Whatcha got there Flutters?" he asked. I held the letter closer to my chest.

"It's an invitation to a party in Cloudsdale!" I told him. He looked a bit disappointed, as if he expected something more interesting. For a second I wondered why I was even going. These were the same pegasi that teased me in school. Perhaps I wanted to finally mingle with many other ponies my own species. But I knew I was lying to myself. For once, just once, I wanted to make everypony's heads turned when I walked to a party. And I knew just the unicorn who could help me. As if reading my thoughts, (perhaps he was, I never can tell with him...) Discord turned to me and positioned his talons to snap them.

"Well, if it's a party you're going to at least allow me to make you look pretty." said Discord. Before I could open my mouth, he had snapped his fingers and I was wearing a forest green dress with pink lace across the hem. Every time I turned or walked, it was as if trees were blowing in the breeze. But the most amazing part was that we weren't even done yet! With a few more snaps of Discord's fingers, I was soon fitted into pink glass slippers, crystal butterfly shaped earrings and a pearl necklace. My mane was braided with pink posies dotting the braid. Celestia, I could hug him. He soon stepped back to admire his handiwork, and he whistled.

"Fluttershy, I don't mean to brag, but you look...oh, who am I kidding of course I'm gonna brag, I mean look at you girl, you're FABULOUS!" said Discord. I couldn't help but squeal and clap my hooves. The glass made a pleasant clinking noise. Discord turned into his pegasus form and put a hoof around my neck. It was as if he knew I was terrified to go to the party.

"I hope you don't mind if I accompany you." he said. I shook my head and I grabbed him and started dragging him to Rarity's boutique.

"You've made me look so good I simply must return the favor!" I said. He just rolled his eyes while I carried him to the oh so fabulous Rarity.

Upon arrival, Discord opened the door for me and I walked in. Rarity was bustling around the shop like usual, trimming dresses and flinging different materials around, one of which landed on Discord. Rarity finally noticed we were here. Well, at least she noticed Discord was there.

"Oh dear! I'm so, so sorry! ...! Oh, but that shade of red looks SO good on you!" Rarity said. And she was right. The red material contrasted perfectly with Discord's jet black mane.

"What brings you here?" asked Rarity.

"Well, the lovely Fluttershy over here was invited to a party. She's already dolled up but I need some attention myself." said Discord. When Rarity finally noticed me, she gasped and immediately started stroking my dress and my mane.

"Oh darling, you look simply STUNNING! Where ever did you get that-you know what? No matter! We have the handsome stallion to attend to!" Rarity said. She took Discord by the hoof and yanked him behind a changing curtain with impressive strength. She waved her hoof dismissively at me and said,

"Now, now, this may take a while! You can go wait for him outside!" said Rarity. There were grunts and crashes and shouts in protest as I walked out the boutique and sat on the bench. Discord was controlling himself quite well. He had gone the extra mile to take a pegasus form and he even managed to change his voice when speaking to Rarity. It was higher pitched, and more boyish, more youthful. An our or two passed and Rarity emerged with Discord who was panting and looked traumatized but looked quite good. Rarity had dressed him in an all red suit and black tie, with a black rose pinned to his suit. Rarity wished us good luck, and we flew off to enjoy a fun night at Cloudsdale.

Little did I know it would be a night of heartbreak and destruction.

Author's Note:

Yes, this shall be a two part entry. Don't kill me, I'm sorry, I really don't feel like writing right now to be totally honest, but I'm gonna try to write an entry every night.