• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 1,889 Views, 56 Comments

A Little Bit of Chaos in my Life - forevertheDoctor



How I, the embodiment of kindness, fell for a little bit of chaos

  • ...
5
 56
 1,889

May 26th, 1,004

When I woke up, a bunny was sleeping at the foot of my bed. I was immediately wide awake, for the bunny was not Angel. He woke up and I kept staring at him. I have never seen this bunny before.

"Well hello there little guy. Did you get lost? This is not your home...oh! You must have came in through a window! Oh, are you that desperate for shelter?! You poor thing! You can stay as long as you like!" I said. The bunny snickered and I jumped. It gave an over exaggerated bow and spoke. Like, actually SPOKE.

"I appreciate your hospitality, Fluttershy." the rabbit said in a familiar voice. I cocked my head.

"Discord? What are you doing?" I asked. The bunny turned back into a draconequus and hovered a few feet in the air.

"Oh, well you see, I've been so awfully BORED and we had so much fun yesterday! So I was in my thinking tree, and I thought, 'Discord! Since you enjoyed yourself so much yesterday, you should visit your good friend Fluttershy and have even more fun!' So, here I am!" said Discord. I simply stared at him, and he smiled awkwardly.

"Um, well, I wasn't going to do anything today, just, you know, go out for a quiet day on the town." I said. I expected Discord to classify that as boring and go away but he actually nodded eagerly and turned back into a bunny.

"Ok! Sounds like a plan!" he said and he jumped on my back.

"Oh, um, ok..." I said and trotted out the door. I headed to the library to check out a book I been wanting to read for a while now. I greeted Twilight at the door.

"Hey Fluttershy! Come on in!" said Twilight. I nodded and headed on in. Twilight looked at Discord and cocked her head.

"Oh? That's not Angel...this one is brown! Is he a stray you rescued?" asked Twilight. Discord crossed his arms and glared at Twilight.

"Rude." said Discord. Twilight jumped and her wings popped out. Her expression grew deadpan and Discord just smiled.

"Oh. Hello, Discord." said Twilight. I was starting to get uncomfortable, so I walked towards the bookshelf. I looked up and started to flap my wings to reach the book that was high on the shelf, but Discord stopped me.

"Allow me." he said. He lightly thumped his foot on my back and the book fell to my hooves. Discord examined it and turned to look up at me.

"Daring Do and the Gryphon's Goblet? Really? You're only on the second book?" said Discord. I blushed and Discord just picked up the book and jumped back on my back. Then Spike walked in and pointed at my mane.

"Hey Fluttershy I really like what you did to your mane!" said Spike. I suddenly realized I had never taken my braid out. Discord raised an eyebrow and whispered in my ear.

"Taking MY advice on fashion? My, my aren't we trusting?" he whispered. I just shrugged and trotted out of the library. Soon we were home and I looked at the book hopefully.

"Oh, I hope this is a good book!" I said a bit worried. Discord snorted.

"Since when are Daring Do books NOT good?" said Discord. I pondered this.

"I suppose you have a point. Have you read this one?" I said. Discord shrugged.

"When you're petrified for a thousand years, you don't really get around much. I've only read one book before you and your friends turned me to stone again." he said. I opened the book.

"Well, I'm glad I have somepony to read with." I said. Discord returned to his original form and coiled himself around me. There was a low rumbling sound coming from his throat which I think may have been the draconequus version of a purr, or at least a sound that signaled he was content. We seemed to read at the same pace, for he never objected when I turned a page and never complained when I went to reread a section I didn't quite understand. We stayed that way for the remainder of the afternoon, me curled up on the carpet with Discord's body wrapped around me, and I imagine that's what it would feel like if a snake tried to hug you. By the end of the afternoon we had reached the climax of the story, and Discord was waving his paw and talon in front of his face frantically.

"Oh my Celestia, oh my Celestia, how's she gonna get out of this one?!" he said in a panicked tone of voice. I was simply holding my breath, the suspense was too much! But of course, Daring Do managed to use her wits to come up with a crafty way to get herself out of her predicament and we were relieved. I closed the book and saw that Discord was smiling. I looked out the window and gasped.

"Oh my! It certainly has gotten late! I had better eat dinner and get ready for bed!" I said. Discord looked heartbroken and he groaned like a little filly who's mother had just ordered her to bed.

"But the night's still young! We should do something!" said Discord. I was tempted to run away with him for the night but I had my responsibilities.

"I'm sorry, but I need to eat and the animals need to be-" I tried to continue speaking but there was an apple in my mouth. Discord snapped his fingers and fresh fruits and vegetables appeared in every animal's bowls. The animals clapped and cheered and Discord bowed. I chewed and swallowed my apple while trying not to choke. Discord looked at me expectantly and I couldn't help but cave in.

"Ok, let's go see a movie." I sighed. But at the same time I was happy.

"Yes!" said Discord. He turned himself into a perfectly normal pegasus pony with a light brown coat, black mane, and striking red eyes. If he went out as a draconequus he received many judgmental stares from the townsfolk. He held my hoof and we flew off into the night. We landed by the movie theater and we walked in. Discord walked up to the teenage earth pony mare running the ticket stand.

"Two tickets to Equestria War Z." Discord said after examining the movies playing for a good five minutes. The mare handed him the tickets and we walked to the snack stand. I gulped.

"I-isn't that the scary one with the zombie ponies?!" I squeaked. Discord rolled his eyes.

"Come on, YOLO!" said Discord.

"YO-what?" I asked. He just shook his head and turned to the unicorn mare. He ordered a large popcorn with extra butter. I walked on ahead to get our seats and Discord met me there after he had paid for his popcorn. He handed me the bag and got comfortable in the seat.

"Couldn't you have just got yourself a bag for free?" I asked. He shook his head and sipped from his soda he had gotten and I realized he was trying something different. He was trying to spend a night as a normal pony. I ate some of the popcorn during the previews and gave him the rest of the bag. The lights dimmed and the movie came on. The movie itself wasn't half bad. There were just a few scary parts and I jumped and hugged Discord during those. He didn't seem to mind. At the end, it was nice because the stallion made it back to his family safely, and I was relieved. Discord, on the other hand was disappointed.

"That's it?! The zombies don't touch ONE of them?! Augh, what an awful ending!" said Discord as we walked out of the theater. I slugged him gently over the head and he laughed.

"That was a wonderful ending!" I said. Discord shrugged.

"That's your opinion, Flutters. Well, I'll see you soon! VERY soon, actually." said Discord. His eyes glimmered with mischief and he flew off to Celestia knows where.

But I kind of wanted him to stay.

Author's Note:

I thought the ending of World War Z was awful, but that's just me.