• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 1,231 Views, 22 Comments

Power Ponies: The Ebony Chronicles - Azure_Shadow



Villany once again rears its ugly head in the fair city of Maretropolis! Can the Power Ponies stop the Mane-iac again, while at the same time catch a world class thief?

  • ...
1
 22
 1,231

Chapter 1

It was nighttime in the city of Maretropolis, the streets were bustling with hundreds of ponies, going around and acting as if it was the middle of the day. On this night at the top of the Star Space Production company building, there was a party being held for the Maretropolis elite. It was on the top floor of the 25 floor building. It was a lavish party, many investors, actors, businessponies, politicians, and even the mayor were in attendance. Everypony who was anypony were at this gathering. There was beautiful orchestra music playing in the backround, complimenting the sounds of clinking glasses, laughter, and pleasant conversation. This event came to an abrupt end, when everypony heard a loud malicious laugh coming from the outside of the room they were in. Just then, there was a loud 'CRASH' as everypony looked at the shattered window, to see an all to familiar pony jump into the room. This pony had a greyish blue coat, and was wearing a purple jumpsuit with lining the joints of the suit. Her most defining feature was her green mane, which she was using to walk on the floor.

"Good evening, fellow Maretropolis elite" said the odd pony. "I'm so glad you could all make it to my little, party"

"What are you doing here Mane-iac!?" said the mayor of the city. "This is an invitation only party!"

"Oh silly mayor, why would I need an invitation to my own party?" the Mane-iac said as she picked up the mayor with her mane.

"Wha-What!" said the mayor as he slowly had the air squeezed out of him until he passed out. Suddenly, many different ponies all with flamboyant hairstyles rushed into the room, and the waiters who were serving the event aided them in corralling the party goer into a corner of the room.

"What are you going to do with us?" asked an old earth pony wearing a tuxedo.

The Mane-iac chuckled to herself. "Well my dear, after my last attempt of taking over the city was foiled by those accursed Power Ponies, My wallet has been a bit on the empty side. So, I've decided, what better way to gain money, than by taking the Maretropolis elite hostage, and have the city pay a hefty ransom!" she exclaimed, right before letting out another evil laugh.

"That's what you think" muttered a white unicorn under her breath as she reached for a beautiful watch that was on her hoof. She pressed a button on it and started to speak into it. "Power Ponies, Code Green! the Mane-iac has crashed her own party! We're on the top floor of the StarSpace Production company building, I need backup!"

"What do ya got there lady?" said one of the goons who was still wearing a waiter's outfit

"Oh, it's nothing, just a watch." said the young mare.

Well give it here, unless you want trouble." said the non-waiter.

The young mare was forced to comply, she gave the watch to the goon, as she looked around the room. 'Too many ponies here' she thought. 'my secret identity can't be exposed.' The goons continued to take the hostage's valuables, their watches, phones, ear-rings, bracelets, necklaces, and especially wallets.

The Mane-iac continued to look at her handiwork as she proudly exclaimed "There's nopony who can stop me!"

"That's what you think Mane-iac !" shouted a voice. The Mane-iac suddenly jumped up to dodge a thunderbolt that was about to hit her. She looked up to see five ponies and a small dragon standing behind the window she originally broke.

"Ah, why if it isn't the power ponies?, oh, and you even brought little Humdrum with you, couldn't find a dragon-sitter?"

"HEY!" shouted Humdrum with great annoyance, "I stopped you last time, and I can do it again!"

"Oh, I'm sooooo scared." replied the Mane-iac.

"You should be, because we're putting you back behind bars!" said the Masked Matter-Horn, who was at the front of the group.

"Go ahead and try." replied the Mane-iac as the heroes and villains started to do battle. The Masked Matter-Horn and Zap both immediately flew at the Mane-iac and started to fight her. The MMH started to fire beams of ice at the parts of the Mane-iac's hair that was trying to grab her out of the air. Zap was busy flying at lightning fast speed, trying to punch and kick the Mane-iac, as she kept expertly dodging Zap's blows. Meanwhile, Humdrum, Mistress Mare-velous, and Fili-Second were taking on the goons. Many of the goons chased Humdrum around the room trying to catch him, but they didn't notice that they were slowly being brought together, as Fili-Second started to run super fast around all of the goons, making them form a tight circle.

"Mistress Mare-velous now!" Humdrum shouted.

Mare-velous quickly replied with a "Yee-haw!" as she took out her lasso and strung it around the group of thugs. The three immediately turn their attention to the Mane-iac, who was currently chocking Zap and the MMH with her hair, much like how she did with the mayor, only with a lot more force. The three tried to run up and stop her, but she quickly grabbed the three with her hair and started chocking them as well.

"You'll... never...get..away..with-hack!" chocked out Zap as she was struggling to get out of the Mane-iac's strong grip.

"Oh, I think you're in no condition to talk you worm." replied the Mane-iac with a chuckle. "Who's going to stop me? Saddle Ranger? I believe she's a bit preoccupied hiding under that table over there." She then proceeded to turn the team to see Saddle Ranger cowering behind a large buffet table. "Any last words Power Ponies?, before you take your last breaths?" asked the villainous mare with a teasing tone.

Mistress Mare-velous chocked out a few words as best she could, "Aren't you forgetting somepony?"

"Huh?, what are you blabbering about?" asked the Mane-iac as a sudden realization hit her like an avalanche. "Wait, there's only the five of you and Humdrum, where's Radiance!?" she shouted with a great deal of worry in her voice as she looked madly around the room only to see her goons tied up, and the lack of hostages in the room.

"I'm right here darling!" shouted a triumphant voice. Just then, a large etheral pair of scissors came out of one of the doorways leading out of the room, and cut the arms of hair holding the other ponies and Humdrum. The team members who were being held by the Mane-iac dropped to the floor, trying to catch their breath. Out of the same doorway from which the scissors came, came a mare with a dark blue suit with aqua blue diamonds , a stunning gold necklace with a large pink sapphire in the middle, and matching pink bracelets on her hooves.

"You insignificant whelp! , you've ruined everything!" shouted the Mane-iac, who was practically foaming at the mouth as she suddenly made a mad dash towards Radiance. Her brief rampage was cut short when Fili-Second used her super speed to run in front of the Mane-iac and trip her. The other members quickly sprung into action, as Zap quickly tied the Mane-iac's hair into a series of knots. Then, Mistress Mare-velous used her horse shoes to keep the Mane-iac on the ground, to have the Masked Matter-Horn to create a blast of ice to freeze her.

The entire team let out a cheer as Saddle Ranger poked her head out from behind the flipped over table. "Um, is it over?"

-- 30 minutes later.

Everypony who was at the party was now in the lobby, regaining their stolen objects from the police, and some were giving eyewitness accounts of what happened to the police. The goons were led into a couple of police trucks outside of the building the Power Ponies were talking amongst themselves, about what the Mane-iac could've been planning, and in Zap's case, saying how awesome she was during the fight, when an old stallion ran down from the stairs to the upstairs of the building.

It's gone! It's gone!" yelled the old stallion who was gasping for air.

"Mr. Star calm down, what's wrong?" said Humdrum in a concerned voice.

"The Noir Diamond, it's been stolen!" he practically screamed in Humdrum's face.

"What's the Noir Diamond?" asked Mistress Mare-velous

Radiance piqued in an answer. "The Noir Diamond, darling, Is an incredibly beautiful, and incredibly rare diamond, of a jet black color, there are very few in the world, and they're incredibly valuable."

The Power Ponies, Mr. Banks, and Humdrum all ran up to the vault where the diamond was being held. The vault door was open, and the only thing inside of it was a pedestal in the middle of the room, with a glass case, inside of which was a card. On the card, was a large, artistic purple capital E, with a black knife through it.

"Who could've broken in and left this card?" asked Humdrum.

"Who knows, but we need to find that diamond." said Radiance.

-End of Chapter 1

--------------

- Who stole the Noir Diamond? Who left the mysterious card in its place? Will our heroes be able to find out where the Diamond went? Find out, next time on Power Ponies: The Ebony Chronicles!

Author's Note:

Alright, this is my first attempt at writing anything superhero related, especially fanfiction. I had a blast writing this chapter, and hope you've enjoyed it somewhat as well, expect more to come, and don't forget to comment and give advice! Any would be appreciated!