• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 1,862 Views, 56 Comments

The Ballad of Rainbow Dash - Ron Jeremy Pony



Rainbow Dash's life as a human, in Liberty City with Niko Bellic.

  • ...
15
 56
 1,862

Chapter 4 Du, Du Hasst, Du Hasst Mich

GTA: The Ballad of Rainbow Dash

Chapter 4: Du, Du Hasst, Du Hasst Mich

“Sie ...
Sie hassen ...
Du hasst mich ...
Du hasst mich ...
Du hast mich gefragt ...
Du hast mich gefragt ...
Du hast mich gefragt, und ich habe nichts zu sagen!

Willst du bis der Tod euch scheidet,
treu sein, sie für alle Tage?
(Yeah)
Nein!
(Yeah)
Nein!” Rammstein

(Roman’s old Cab Depot – two hours later)

She waited. She waited to hear what it was that they had gotten into, but there was just no way she had the patience to keep waiting. Finally she walked toward Niko as he touched the soot covered brick of the old depot before turning to look at her.
“How bad is it?” she asked.

“Bad, bad doesn’t begin to cover how bad it is. This man, he forced me to do a lot of things in the name of security when I didn’t want to. He had the threat of my file against me, and the promise of delivering someone who had betrayed me, my friends, our village, to me. I thought I was free of him,” Niko said.

“Niko, it is just me,” she started.

He stopped her and shook his head.

“No, it isn’t. I can’t explain it, but even without you there would be something. It is how it is,” he said.
She thought of going back to the house. Sure, the guy that had talked to them both was gone, but his friend was still there. It wouldn’t take that much to make him talk. If she could stand up to a dragon then standing up to one guy wouldn’t be a problem. She looked back at Niko and could see how deep in thought he was about this. She had seen him like this at times. Lost so deeply in thought that he seemed to not realize who else or what else was in the room. It was fairly constant when she first came here, but it had slowly began to stop. Now… Now it was different. It was going back, and she knew when he was like this before it had been something bad that made him like this.

She had heard a few things from Roman and Mallory, and she could guess some more of it. She wasn’t exactly sure what to think or do at the moment though. She was still considering the option of making the guy that must have jumped them talk, but it wasn’t the best option and she knew it. They could run. She wasn’t sure, but the way they made it into this world could still be open, but then again she wasn’t sure if she wanted to chance going back to Equestria. Pinkie had been doing what she had been doing for a while, and she wondered if anyone else could have been in on it. If they were then disappearing into Equestria wouldn’t be the smartest thing to do either. After all Pinkie had said something about a number before.
She felt Niko’s hand on her shoulder and looked at him.

“You know I won’t let you do whatever this is alone right?” she asked.

He nodded. There wouldn’t be any way of keeping her out of it. She would end up coming into it eventually, and at least if she got involved in the beginning she might be a bit more prepare.

“I know,” he said.

They walked toward the corner and Niko whistled for the first cab that came by. It stopped and they got into the back seat. Instantly Dash missed the Dukes. She could feel her feet sticking to the floor of the cab, and she wasn’t sure what it was, but it felt as if something had been spilled in the seat at some point. The stickiness of it was holding onto her jeans tightly.
“Where you wanna go man?” the cabbie asked in a thick accent.

“The corner of Xenotime St. and Frankfort Ave,” Niko replied.

The cabbie began to drive and the sounds of Bob Marley’s Three Little Birds played on the speakers.

“Mind to turn it to Liberty Rock Radio?” Dash asked.

The cabbie grumbled and messed with the radio for a second before finally it landed on 97.8. The sounds of Rammstein’s Du Hast began to fill the cab. Dash leaned back and looked out of the window at the view as they drove. The city was beautiful in its own way, and when they got to take a helicopter or airplane got the thrill of flying through its sky, but it wasn’t the same. She knew the truth was it would never be the same. The thought of running home earlier wasn’t just about protecting Niko and she knew it. She wanted to go home. She wanted to take him with her and just disappear back into Ponyville.

He could start over there, and she could go back to the flying she loved to do, but the thought of the what ifs kept her from really even mentioning it. What if someone else was in on what Pinkie Pie was doing? What if she wasn’t just insane, but instead she was following some weird kind of order? She made herself stop thinking about it. It wasn’t worth focusing on the prospect of what if when she had already started making a life here.

And she did love it. She loved driving way to fast in the Dukes, and she loved going out to eat at places like Panties, and of course she enjoyed pulling pranks on Roman. He really wasn’t too bad of a guy, and he could take a joke. Unsure of what was going to happen, what was tormenting Niko, and what to do about it she instead found herself thinking of something else.
She thought of her friends. Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, and Apple Jack all filled her mind, and she wondered if they were still alive. If she didn’t end up in those cupcakes then did someone else take her place? She didn’t want to think about that. She couldn’t think about another one of her friends ending up as part of a recipe. Besides, it looked like Pinkie Pie had died when they left, or at least she looked like she was dying.

She stopped herself from going too far with her line of thoughts. Even if she was to go back and warn her friends there wouldn’t be much they could do about it. If it was something that had influenced Pinkie Pie, changed her, made her the way she became then the Elements of Harmony couldn’t do anything about it. It took all six for them to work. Even with her there with them it wouldn’t be enough. They would only have five. She could try to bring them here, but then what good would that do?

She let out a breath and felt the cab stop.

“Okay that’ll be fifty-two twenty,” the cabbie said.

They got out and she reached into her pocket. Mallory had tried to talk her into a purse, but she like carrying a wallet instead. It just made a lot more sense, and to be honest carrying a wallet seemed about twenty percent cooler than carrying a purse around. She fished out fifty-five and handed it to him.

“Keep the change,” she said.

“Wow, big spender,” he replied before he began to take off.

Author's Note:

(AN: Yeah, this wasn’t a long chapter, and instead it’s helping to set some things up for Multiverse Rumble. I’m going to start working on it as well pretty soon. That said, I felt that it would be a good idea to clarify a few things. One, naturally this is an alternate timeline in GTA. Instead of leading into the events that would have had Packie ending up in San Andreas it’s following a timeline where he’s going to be sticking around for a while. Also, I’m going to state something here. There is more to Pinkie Pie than what is being said here. I’m not going to go into what, but I can promise that it is something big. Also, something else that I want to throw out there. I’ve had a few OC’s proposed to me for the story line. I can’t promise that I will include any of them, but if I do I will give those who donated them credit in the Author’s Note section. Now, Fan favorite characters… I’ve been reading, and listening, to a lot of Dr. Whooves and Assistant. I’ve also decided to go the next step and actually watch the damned series. I guess that when it comes to writing I want to keep the characters as close to the source material as I can. If you want a fan favorite character, Dr. Whooves, Ditzy Doo/Derpy Hooves, Octavia, Vinyl, Buttons, Buttons Mom, or any other character to make an appearance that can be arranged. I can promise you that Dr. Whooves (Time Turner/Clockwork) will be appearing in Multiverse Rumble. Of course so will Ditzy Doo. Anyway, let me know, and I’ll try to work them into the story at some point.

Thanks,

LF)