• Published 11th Apr 2014
  • 3,235 Views, 60 Comments

The King of Lies - Jade Ring



The Mane 6 are tested by an other-worldly force. Can they tell the truth from the lies?

  • ...
3
 60
 3,235

...Waking Happily Ever After

In a library that was also a home, a princess awoke in a cold sweat, haunted by knowledge already long gone from her mind.

In a quaint farm-house, a mother awoke, checked on her precious child, then returned to bed to snuggle her husband before he left for morning chores.

In an apartment in the clouds, an athlete awoke from a nightmare she'd never had before; one in which she'd been falling.

In the orchards where she'd passed out the night before, a farmer shook off her sleep and made for home... not noticing the slightest streak of white in her blonde mane.

In a bedroom situated above a boutique, a seamstress wrenched off her sleeping mask to find her drake in bed next to her. So relieved was she that she was on him before he'd even awakened fully.

And in an apartment over a bakery...

//////////////////////////////////////////

...Pinkie Pie rolled over in bed and nuzzled her special somepony. “Wake up, Caramel.” She whispered.

Caramel groaned and tried to roll over. “Five more minutes, Pinkie...”

She giggled and kissed his shoulder. “I could always wake you up my special way...”

Caramel sat bolt upright. “As fun as that sounds, sugar, we'd be in bed another four hours and we both have work today.” He smiled down at her but frowned at the look of concentration on her face. “What's wrong?”

She shook her head. “Nothing.”

He kissed her. “You're a terrible liar.”

She giggled. “But I'm really good at telling the truth.” Noting the confused look on his face, she waved him off. “Don't worry about it. But... there is something I want to ask you.”

Caramel laid back down and looked at her curiously.

“Life can do a lot of things, Caramel. It can go up or down or sideways or up and down really fast like a pogo stick and make a boingy noise like I do when we... and I got off track there.”

Caramel's gut was shaking. “I dunno, that track seemed pretty funny.”

“What I'm trying to say is that we never know what's coming our way. We need to live in the moment and live all our dreams as soon as we can, since we don't know how much time we have left.”

He nodded. “Sounds like a good idea. What do you want to do then? Manehatten? Mountain climbing?” Inspiration struck and he gazed at her with wide eyes. “Saddle Arabia?”

Pinkie Pie smiled her little smile and looked at him with her big blue eyes. “Let's get married.”

Caramel froze. This was... sudden. But the look in her eyes told him it was deadly serious.

Her smile faltered. “I knew it was a dumb idea...”

He was away from her and already by the door waiting. “We should start the plans now. If we hurry, we can have the whole thing planned for next week.” He cocked his head at her. “Or is that too soon?”

With a happy squeal, she bounded from the bed and tackled him to the floor, smothering him with kisses.

They stood, checked each other over, and headed out the door to plan their nuptials, their tails happily wrapped around each other's.

There was no doubt they were ready for this.

That was most definitely the truth.

Comments ( 19 )

4215129 Some tests are shorter than others.

I have been enjoying this world you have built. There are some things that you have left unfinished, no?

Aww!:pinkiesmile:
As foreboding as so much of this was, this is a pretty good note on which to end.

4215239 Belial's child reference is explaining that mother's can see through lies in seconds. It's a gift.

Scarlet was a premature birth, as I was said once before. Hence Fluttershy's comment that she's growing beautifully. And her fear that she's pregnant again so soon.

as soon as I saw the name Beliar, I instantly thought of this guyplayerzblog.com/wp-content/br_gamepart3_1.png

this was a great story, you never disappoint!

Epiiiiiiiic!!!! :yay::yay::yay::yay:

I forgot at first that "sin of envy" was part of the greater continuity, so I wondered about the actual implications of the visions on the characters.

I really liked the last chapter's optimism though. With all of the impending doom and gloom we've been seeing from the other stories, I wondered if you were writing yourself into a corner with predetermined outcomes, but here we have reason to believe that all is not set in stone as the king of lies says so.


Excellent work.

Why isn't this story more popular? :raritydespair:

4242556 'Tis the curse of long continuities, I'm afraid...

This world, no, this series of fics is just...odd for me.

Don't get me wrong, its well written and you have well deserved your fans and the story you have built up is well worth the journey. What I mean, is that its odd to me on a personal level.

There are some things that I am cheering and loving (The CMC relationships, the future tense, the use of gods, ect. ect.)

While at the same time, there are things that make me growl in rage (Celestia's short term protrayl, Shining cheating on Cadence, the upcoming war,) its like, for everything that I find wonderful and enjoyable in these fics, there are things that make me take a step back and :rainbowhuh:. I guess a lot of it is coming from personal feelings towards the subject, feelings that I can put away long enough to enjoy the ride and see where you are going with each story.

4435752 That's all I ask, that you come along for the ride.

There is darkness and death and suffering on the way... but I promise you that it will all be worth it in the end.

I'm always happy to see another who realized Johnny lost at the end of his duel with the devil, and why.

5158554 You flatter me. Hope you're enjoying the ride.

Your stories are the BEST written and the BEST ideas I've ever seen!

Aaa, the whole story was so...beautiful:pinkiesad2: Awesome work, Jade ^^

Given the hints you've dropped, all I can think of is that somewhere, Lucifer is laughing.

Of course Pinkie remembers

damn you. i had forgotten about saddle arabia, now i never will. shit.

PresentPerfect
Author Interviewer

Still feel like I'm missing half of where this future came from. c.c But okay.

Login or register to comment