• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 8,710 Views, 488 Comments

The Dresden Fillies: Extra Stuff - psychicscubadiver



Collected here are the various omakes, bonus chapter and extra content from the Dresden Fillies series.

  • ...
14
 488
 8,710

Holiday Present

WARNING

The following is contains spoilers for the Dresden Files up to the end of book 13 (Ghost Story). That said, if you do choose to read it don’t be put off by the opening. This was originally written as a Christmas present for my readers and published as part of the Dresden Fillies: False Masks on 12/25/13.


The Dresden Fillies: Holiday Present

“And you’ll never defeat us now!” Nightmare Chrysalisombra cackled. “With our powers combined not even the Elements of Harmony can save you!”

The six ponies facing them, hurt and tired, bowed their heads in defeat. They had already captured Luna and Celestia and taken control of Canterlot. Everything really did seem hopeless, but there was one person who hadn’t given up just yet.

“We’ll show you!” Harry Dresden yelled, his long coat flapping in the breeze. His pony friends looked at him and the sight of him staring down the worst villain they had ever seen without flinching made them feel strong again.

“What’s this?!” screamed the fused creature that threatened them. “We drained your love, haunted your dreams and filled your waking mind with darkness and greed. None of you should be able to face us. How do you still stand?!”

“Because,” Dresden said pulling out his staff and preparing to fight the hideous beast, “they’re my friends and for them I’ll stand up to any danger. Because they need me, I have to be brave.” Then with his last word there was a giant flash of light that blinded everypony in a hundred miles. When it finally disappeared, Dresden’s pentacle had changed. The silver star gleamed brightly on a braided silver chain, and the empty spaces had been replaced with emeralds.

“I knew it.” Princess Twilight said, landing next to Dresden and folding her wings. “All along, you’ve been the secret Seventh Element we’ve been searching for: The Element of Courage!” Her tiara started to glow and so did all of the other Elements.

“No!!!” Nightmare Chrysalisombra screamed but they were too late. A rainbow erupted from the seven friends twisting and curving across the landscape, reversing all of the dark magic and healing everypony who was hurt. Nightmare Chrysalisombra tried to escape, but nothing could stop the power of Harmony now that it was complete. Another flash of light appeared and it was even brighter than the first. Now there was nothing but an ugly statue on the castle lawn instead of a mad tyrant.

“We did it!” Dash cheered.

Pinkie Pie started laughing and bouncing, her flat mane poofing back to its normal shape. “You know what this calls for? A party!”

“Well, I certainly know who should be the guest of honor, darling.” Rarity said glancing at the befuddled wizard.

Dresden was still examining his new pentacle and it took him a second to realize who she was talking about. “Who me?”

“Shoot, darn, howdy, a’ course we mean you.” Applejack said with a smile. “Yore the one what sent that varmint a packin’, ain’t ya?”

“You did save us all.” Fluttershy said softly.

Dresden blushed, ran a hand through his hair and then looked at Princess Twilight. Everypony was smiling, but there was something special in her grin that made his heart race. “To tell the truth, I was only so brave because there was one pony I couldn’t bear the thought of losing.” He went to one knee, putting him at eye level with the first pony he had ever met. Then he pulled out a little box with a specially shaped ring. “I love you, Twilight. Will you marry me?”

Everypony gasped, but Pinkie was the first one to recover. “Ahh!! Now, I’ve got a wedding party to plan. That’s so awesome-tastic!”

“Hang on, Pinkie.” Dash interrupted. “Twilight didn’t even−”

“Of course!” Twilight shouted, nuzzling Dresden happily. “And since I’m a princess now we can have a little castle outside of Ponyville and Princess Celestia will conduct our wedding and−”

“Hang on,” Dresden interrupted. “If we do, there’s someone I want to live with us in our castle.”

Twilight cocked her head curiously. “Do you mean Mouse? I would love to have him here; he’s the best dog ever.”

Dresden chuckled. “Yes Mouse will definitely come, but I was talking about someone else. You see I secretly have a daughter named−”

“Maggie! Time for bed, little missy.”

………

Maggie dropped her pencil in surprise, and twisted to glance at her Hello Kitty alarm clock. It was later than she had thought if Aunt Charity was already telling her to go to bed. The little red numbers said it was past nine ‘o clock, but Maggie pouted. She was almost done with the latest chapter of ‘The Dresden Fillies’, and she didn’t want to go to bed.

She had already started writing again when her bedroom door creaked open. For a moment she panicked, shutting the notebook in a hurry. Most of what she’d discovered about her father had been overheard when she was supposed to sleeping, or Molly said she shouldn’t talk about, but had told her anyway. Uncle Michael and Aunt Charity had always been nice to her, but if they found her book, it would mean no TV for a week. Her fears were unwarranted, though, it was only Mouse in the doorway.

Maggie grinned and moved to hug him. After some head rubs and a few wet doggy kisses, she let him go and went back to her desk. Mouse snorted and glared at her, motioning his head towards her bed. Maggie frowned, understanding his meaning perfectly. “Come on, a few more minutes won’t hurt.”

Mouse just snorted again and stared at her. Maggie huffed and reluctantly put away her notebook. “Why do you take Aunt Charity’s side all the time? You’re my dog.” At that he grinned and she stuck out her tongue in response. It didn’t take long for her to change into her pajamas and slip between her My Little Pony sheets. The bed was full of plush ponies, but Maggie unerringly sought out her favorite, the Princess Twilight she had gotten for her birthday.

She lay there already imagining the rest of the story. Twilight would be overjoyed to let her stay. Then, Dresden would come back and apologize to Uncle Michael, and Aunt Charity and Molly for making them all think he was dead. He wouldn’t have to apologize to Maggie, though, because she’d known all along that he was just busy saving Equestria. Then he’d take her back to live with Princess Twilight in their castle, and he’d teach her how to be a wizard while Twilight taught her how to turn into a pony whenever she wanted.

They’d be a family and live happily ever after.

Soft tears fell on her pillow, but Maggie just rolled over and hugged her Twilight doll even tighter. She’d be all right. After all, her daddy was the Element of Courage, so she could be brave, too.