• Published 26th Jan 2014
  • 411 Views, 1 Comments

Darkness Reborn - Dark Alicorn Warrior



Oblivion, Leader of the four horses has been summoned and tries to ruin the friendship of Celestia, Glaciem, Discord, and Luna

  • ...
 1
 411

Prologue


My Little Pony


Friendship is Magic


Darkness Reborn


Prologue


After Three Millennium

It was dawn, But for the citizens of the crystal empire, the crimson sky that once seemed so Blue, endless, and filled the crystal ponies with the hope that anything was possible was now just a grim reminder of that hope being shattered by the once shimmering, now black and foreboding, crystal palace with an unpopular, black hearted king with an insatiable lust for both crystals and more power.

King Sombra though was not on his balcony to enjoy watching his ponies suffer and pass out from hours of endless and enforced mining as he usually was, or To see the pones solemnly trudge underneath the blackened castle followed by the rattle of prison chains. Instead he was in a barely lit stone room draped in red banners dating back to the great darkness war three millennium before. In the middle of the room, sitting on the ground Before Sombra was a glowing ruby gem encrusted by a metallic alicorn.

Sombra had already come far to bring to life a feared legend of Equestrian and Crystal Imperial lore. He remembered tirelessly translating ancient scriptures dating back to Tartarus's invasion of the mortal plain; Scriptures that a mortal pony would not even begin to understand. But Sombra not only transcended mortal boundaries in power, but Sombra also was no fool when it came to historical hieroglyphics.

"It is time...my Dark Master" Sombra's voice rang through the stone room as he read aloud from an unfurled scroll he held before him in an blackish green glow. "One more battle; A new era of Darkness, Despair, and conflict await your sword. Our enemies are few..." The black hearted king noticed as more and more of the chant is recited, the draftier it became and consequently fewer candles he saw giving their modest glow.

King Sombra sensed the powers of darkness surge throughout the room as the Alicorn Amulet began to emit several bolts of red lightning from its crimson crystal, lighting the room in an ominous blood red hue . The moment where he would rule the crystal empire for eternity was at hoof.

"I ask you now! be reborn lord Oblivion! Spirit of Death and Despair!"

The was an unmistakable roar as flames burst from the alicorn amulet, making the Crystal King jump back towards the door, The blood red lightning that spewed from the red jewel shot into the center of the roof a loud cracking noise reverberate through the castle as parts of the roof crumbled onto the blackened marble below; the lightning rocketing out of the castle's center spire towards the red sky above.

The pillar of fire then began to twist and distort itself into a pony shape growing wings and a horn; shot out of the amulet finally began to grow thin as The last of the candles were blown out in another gust of wind. but Sombra did not need his sight to sense through the darkness that a new presence was in the room; a powerful new presence.

The Unicorn peered into the darkness in the direction of the amulet; which had lost it's red color for a blank white. But what suddenly got the kings attention was not the jewel but of the piercing red eyes that glared back at him and a voice that rumbled through the small room; a voice that was accompanied by the smell of smoke and the sound of several barely audible screams.

A demonic roar could be heard throughout the castle.

Sombra was elated with his success. He could not see him but he knew that he had succeeded; The widely feared and reviled Spirit of Death once again free. "we have done it! at last! the horses of despair will once again trounce through the region and I will be at their side forever!"

"Lord Oblivion! it does me the greatest honor in the world to be in your presence!" Sombra knelt before the specter. Sombra was a powerful dark magic ruler; but as strong he was, Sombra knew that as far as powers go he would be a small ember to Oblivion's wildfire.

The spirit of Death, barely paying attention to Sombra, was looking around the darkened room trying to come up with some answer to the question that would have burned a hole in his mind, If he still had his physical remains with him.

At last the spirit gave up looking for an answer, even with all his power, he could not piece together how he was one minute on the battlefield on the outskirts of a small settlement that boasted to be the capital of the unicorn race who where squabbling with the Pegasus and the Earth ponies and the next finding himself in front a despotic unicorn king whose hunger for more power was insatiable.

"Where am I?" The demon's voice echoed throughout the room.

"Lord Oblivion, thou now resides in the crystal empire. thou hast been imprisoned for nearly three millennium until this night!" King Sombra answered the spirit.

"three thousand years..." said the specter to himself, wondering how he had missed the passing of three centuries. Then it suddenly hit him, the four alicorn's that defeated him and his brethren were wearing six Necklaces of immense power; necklaces that he believes were sent to the four alicorn's from the spirits of those he himself had slain.

"the elements of harmony..." The ghost snarled as fire began to erupt from his eyes and his mouth. Oblivion took in a deep mental breath as the flames that spewed from his mouth and eyes died out as another question manifested itself among many others in the dark grey alicorn's mind.

"where are the four who imprisoned me?"

Sombra breathed in as he struggled to tell his idol that only half of his captors were ever defeated; after all Oblivion was known for not only his destructive powers, but also his non existent patience as well.

"Two of our enemies still exist; they now rule a unified Equestria..." The Unicorn king explained as he noticed the ghost wince his eyes and turns his head slightly to his left.

There was a presence the spirit sensed. if it were just the feeling alone he would have not minded it so much as passed it off as one out of millions. But this presence had a faint aura to it; one that seemed very familiar yet very distant at the same time. The ghost tore through his memories trying to find the identity of this lost presence. He then remembered the day he and his brothers were defeated by the elements of harmony, it was then he came to a realization.

Sombra tilted his head, wondering just what could have struck the ghost hard enough to distract him.

"He's here..." The spirit responded

"Who?" The dark king replied

"My brother Nemesis...but he has been reborn as a follower of harmony. I must see to it that he is returned to the one true path." The spirit snarled as hoof-steps once again echoed through the room. Sombra felt a cold chill run down his spine, almost as if a cold breeze had blown by. As suddenly as it had come; the chill had left. The crystal king flung the door open, the sunlight that pierced through the openings caused by the lightning bolts going through only to find the spiral staircase empty.

"Here I come brother...."

Comments ( 1 )

as always all let me know what you think and what suggestions you have :)

Login or register to comment