• Published 27th Jan 2014
  • 1,909 Views, 79 Comments

A Scratch on the Cello - TheOriginalThundersky



Vinyl and Octavia come together and face the realities that normal teenage life brings along... Except their life in anything but "normal"

  • ...
7
 79
 1,909

Chapter 9: An Unexpected Landing

Author's Note:

Ok, so before you rain down hell on me asking why I haven't posted a new chapter in almost 4 MONTHS!! Let me explain myself.

I was gone for two of those months at a summer camp with NO WIFI, NO COMPUTERS and NO ELECTRONICS... So yeah, I had to keep writing though, so I started a brand new story, on paper! (Genius me and all) Completely forgetting about this one! A good two weeks back, somepony reminded me I had a chapter to write, I just went OH SHIT and started writing... This is just a little step to the final chapter... It will be timed so that when this story ends, the one I wrote at camp starts coming out, so the wait for the end will not be long (MAX 3 weeks).

"How could you not tell your parents you were leaving to Canterlot for the weekend? You know how they are about stuff like that!" Vinyl asked Octavia for the hundredth time. The plane was now halfway back to Ponyville and Octavia had still not said a single word. She just clung to Vinyl and cried silently into her mane. Vinyl was panicking, wondering how many forms of torture she would have to go through if Octavia's parents found out it was her that took away their daughter.

Suddenly, Octavia sat up. "Wait a second" She said slowly, her head processing a thought. "Maybe my parents do know! If I went missing, they would call the police. The police would search the news... they must have found it out by now!"

Vinyl wasn't listening, all she could see was her body getting stretched my a machine and Octavia smiling. Wait a second... Octavia smiling She thought, snapping out of her daydream. "Say that again?" She asked confused.

"My parents probably know I'm here!!" Octavia exclaimed, almost tackling Vinyl to the floor of the luxury jet. She gave Vinyl a goofy grin before planting a kiss on Vinyl's lips. "They might not be mad at us!" She said, pulling away from a very startled Vinyl.

"Ummm... ok?" Vinyl responded, baffled by Octavia's sudden change in mood.

Octavia just sighed and let herself fall back onto the chair. "I'm just glad I thought of that. It would have had me worried for the rest of the flight" She said, leaning over and wrapping her hooves around Vinyl. Octavia closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth and comfort of her marefriend.

Vinyl was still processing what had just happened, one second Octavia had been crying and the next she was happily cuddling with her. As she thought, Vinyl noticed the plane bank left, quickly losing altitude.

"What's happening?" Octavia asked, noticing it too. "Are we there already?"

Vinyl didn't respond, she stood up and pressed the button to call the pilot. This was bad, the plane wasn't supposed to land for another 2 hours, so what was happening? Suddenly the plane lurched to the left and Vinyl went flying, she hit the wall and crumpled to the floor moaning.

Octavia gasped and quickly stumbled over to where Vinyl was sprawled out on the floor. "Are you alright?" She asked, helping Vinyl back to her hooves.

"Yeah, that just kinda hurt" Vinyl stuttered, trying to walk to the pilot's cabin quite unsuccessfully. She tripped and almost fell again, but this time Octavia was there.

"I'm not quite sure you're alright Vinyl, you should sit down, I'll go talk to the captain." Octavia pushed a very disoriented Vinyl into one of the couches by the mini-bar. Vinyl tried to lift a hoof to protest, but Octavia just turned around and walked towards the cockpit.

Man, look at that beautiful plot. Vinyl though as Octavia opened the door to the cockpit and talked with the captain for a few seconds. Vinyl closed her eyes and imagined what it would be like back at home, with Octavia, making music... Her mind wandered and slowly the drowsiness overcame her. Vinyl fell asleep, seconds before Lyra walked into their cabin.

"What the hay is going on?" Lyra demanded, walking into the private lounge. The first thing she noticed was Vinyl's limp form on the couch. The second thing she noticed was Octavia at the front of the plane, closing the door to the cockpit with a worried expression.

"Oh, It's nothing" Octavia squealed, jumping back on reflex. "We just need to stop and refuel" She went and sat next to Vinyl and started stroking the DJ's electric blue mane.

"What happened to Vinyl?" Lyra asked her worriedly.

"She hit her head, and... fell asleep." Octavia said "She wasn't following the buckle up rule"

"Oh, well could you tell the pilot to fly a little nicer? Bon Bon doesn't approve of his... ahem... speed bumps" Lyra said, letting out a nervous laugh and scratching the back of her neck.

"OH COME ON LYRA! FACE YOUR OWN FEARS, DON'T BLAME IT ON THE PEOPLE WHO ACTUALLY LIKE THE RIDE!" Bon Bon yelled from across the plane.

"Correction, I don't approve of the speed bumps" Lyra said, bolting out of Octavia's cabin and back to her own.

Octavia just facehoofed, smiling at how silly the mint colored unicorn could be when she wasn't drunk. As the plane neared it's approach on San Nyeighgo, Octavia wondered if they would ever do trips like this again. She had never had this much fun in her life, and she intended to keep it that way!

The landing and takeoff from San Nyeighgo was no problem whatsoever. It went so smoothly that Vinyl slept through the whole thing, which come to think of it didn't mean much. That mare could sleep through a zombie apocalypse and still wake up wondering why everything was gone. Octavia, on the other hand, could not get a wink of sleep. Like a true white filly, she had gone to StarBUCKS and grabbed herself a white vanilla latte with a pumpkin spice muffin. Then, she had gotten back on the plane and prepared herself to land in ponyville and reunite with her family.

In the meantime, back in ponyville, two ponies were sitting at a table, huddled together and crying, on the table was a single paper, bearing a single name. Octavia.