• Published 28th Jan 2014
  • 650 Views, 9 Comments

The Princess and Her Guards - PinkieLunaShy



Ryan, Angelina, Genevieve, Jamie, and Dominic have been Princess Luna's guards for four years now. When retelling the story of how they became guards Luna has a "relapse" and what happens from beyond there is out of their control.

  • ...
6
 9
 650

Chapter 5

After finding Twilight, getting mobbed by a lot of people who wanted autographs ("Oh look its two princesses! Princess Genevieve how about a smile?" "Will you sign this?"), and a run in with Discord; the Mane six, Genevieve, and Spike ran towards Celestia chambers.

"I thought she was cured. I mean didn't the elements, y'know, cleanse her or whatever?" asked Rainbow, adjusting her hat, "And why did we keep these dumb dresses on? They make it nearly impossible to fly!"

"I thought so too! Now we can't use the elements to repurify her!" said Twilight, taking off her crown

"We are wearing the dresses because, darling, this is a very special event and we must look our best. We would look terribly out of place if we came in our everyday clothes!" Rarity fluffed her hair, "Though I do wish I had had more time! I would have preferred it if we had worn something other than the dresses we wore to the coronation!"

"Oh, um, its ok Rarity. I like this dress." said Fluttershy, fixing the flower wreath on her head

When the reached the door of the chambers, Genevieve saw two guards stationed at her aunts door that weren't there before. As she was about to open the door the two guards wings blocked her.

"No one is to disturb the Princess right now." They said in unison

"Yeah? Well this is an emergency! I suggest you move your wings before I move them for you!" Genevieve tapped her foot impatiently as she waited for the guards to move

"We cannot do that your highness." said one of the guards

"Why not?"

"Because you did not say the magic words."

"Magic wor-wait a minute! Noah, Andrew? Is that you two?"

The two guards removed there helmets revealing the smiling faces of Noah and Andrew, "You know it!"

"As excited as I am to see the both of you, would you please just open the door?"

Andrew and Noah pushed the doors open letting the group in. To say the room was a mess would be an understatement; after Genevieve had left, Angelina, Jamie, and Dominic went rummaging through drawers, the book case in the corner, the bathroom, and the closet looking for something. Right away Fluttershy started picking up the papers and books that littered the floor.

"What were you guys looking for?" asked Geneveive, nearly slipping on a paper

"A diary." stated Dominic, "We thought maybe this has happened before and, uh, we could find out how to wake her up."

"Not Aunt Luna. I hit her with a frying pan." Jamie held up a black cast iron skillet, "She's out like a light."

Twilight walked over and checked the rapidly swelling bump on Princess Luna's head, before looking at Dominic, Angelina, and Jamie. Geneiveve walked over to Ryan who was sitting in a chair next to Celestia's bed, where she was lying. He still held Celestia's hand in his.

"Any change?" asked Genievieve

Ryan didn't respond, he just kept staring at his aunt.

"Ryan?"

"He hasn't been moving or talking since you left." said Dominic, looking at Genevieve, "He's really worried."

"How did this happen," asked Rarity, "That's what I don't understand!"

"Ah guess the elements didn't work." said AppleJack, adjusting her stetson.

"Well it must've worked!" said Pinkie, bouncing up and down, "She didn't act all evil for four years!"

Angelina sat down in a chair and pulled her hair into a ponytail, "She said stuff about not being apprecitated. Maybe its a warning that she's gonna become evil again. Maybe we can find out someway to stop it!"

"So making an alternate version of the past in so many words." said Jamie, flipping the frying pan over and over

"Exactly! But how. That's the question, its not like we can travel back in time."

"Portals!" said GraceLynn, walking into the room, "And what the hell? It looks like an organization factory threw up in here."

"Okay, that was an image I didn't wanna see!" said Rainbow, as a shiver ran through her, "Anyway, who are you? And why are you here?"

"GraceLynn Stardust, guard in the Royal Guard, at your service." GraceLynn stood at attention before relaxing back into a casual stance, "I also helped raise the Purple Haired Twin Terrors, Purple Smart, Green Giant, Hyper Homie, Blue Artist and the Drake. I need to think of another name for him."

"We heard some shouting and saw Angelina save Mr. Skydive while Asleep." Grant side-stepped the mess at the door, "Being guards and such we came to check it out. Oh, I'm Grant Goldenheart, at your service. "

Twilight pushed her bangs out of her eyes while looking at Grant and GraceLynn. For all the years she had known them she could never understand how they could be so relaxed about everything. They were the most comfortable around the Princesses, talking to them like they were old friends. Formalities were there, naturally, but they didn't act like some of the guards she knew, like her brother, who were all about protocol. It always seemed like the guard was one big game to them. They could do there jobs efficiently though, like during the wedding, they were strict and never once did they break out of attention. A voice snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Speaking of which, you should take the Princess to the infirmary, just saying. Jamie clocked her pretty hard, and I would guess that there's a sleeping stun spell on the other Princess. Due to the fact she looks like she saw a ghost. And GraceLynn, did you just say 'Homie'?" Jesse Runner stood on the balcony as he raised one eye brow curiously. His curly red hair blowing in his eyes, since it was just cut it only came a little bit above his ears, "It smells like tacos."

"Yes, yes I did. Don't talk about food. You know I'm always hungry." GraceLynn glared at Jesse before pulling her dark brown hair into a ponytail.

"I, to be honest, am shocked you don't weigh like eight zillion pounds." said Wyatt Shield, casually walking out of the bathroom, "That is some nice hand soap."

Rainbow flew into Wyatt's face, causing the man to jerk back, "Who are you? Are you a spy?"

Wyatt blinked a few times before gently pushing Rainbow out of his face, "Have you ever heard of personal space Ms. Dash? Its a glorious thing. No, I am not a spy. You've met me before. You know who I am."

"Pfft! Yeah right! I'd think I'd remember someone as lame as you!" Rainbow set her feet on the ground as she folded her arms

"I'm going to ignore that last comment." Wyatt walked around Rainbow and looked at Princess Luna, "Good Faust! He did more that clock her. Jamie, where you trying to kill her?"

"No, not that I can, " said Jamie, before sticking out his tongue quickly, "She's immortal, stupid!"

"Hey! Respect your elders!" Grant, GraceLynn, Wyatt, and Jesse said, out of habit.

"Aren't y'all supposed ta be all serious or sumthin'?" asked Applejack, scratching her head, "'Cause y'all are doin' a bad job."

"She don't know us very well!" Grant and GraceLynn said together before looking at each other, "Jinx! Double Jinx! Jinx times Infinity!"

"Ignore them, they're idiots." said Wyatt, looking at GraceLynn and Grant who had started to play rock, paper, scissors, "You are absolutely right, Ms. Apple. Only Faust knows why we haven't been fired. We have done some much stupid stuff over the past years."

"Kiss butt!" yelled Jesse before he lost his footing at fell over the balcony railing. Wyatt held up a hand before the girls could start to rush over to the railing. The top of Jesse's head came into view, "I'm okay. I can fly."

Just then Princess Celestia shifted causing everyone in the room to look at her. She mumbled something unaudible and fell back asleep. Ryan squeezed her hand a little before releasing her hand and setting it on the bed. Grant and GraceLynn used their magic to return the room to its former organized state, before picking up Princess Luna. Everyone else moved to walk out the door, after everyone was out of the room Ryan closed the door softly.

"She is OOOOUUUUTTTT!!!" yelled Andrew, looking at Princess Luna, "Can I poke her?"

"NO!" Everyone yelled while Wyatt and Jesse slapped Andrew on the back of the head

"TO THE LABORATORY!" yelled Noah, in a mock british accent

"You mean the infirmary." GraceLynn deadpanned.

"WHAT THE FRICK EVER!" Noah took off running down the hall

"Other way genius!" called Grant, shifting his weight to his left foot

"I KNEW THAT!"

Author's Note:

I'm not really "feeling" this chapter. Not at all.

:ajsleepy::ajsleepy::ajsleepy::ajsleepy::ajsleepy::ajsleepy::ajsleepy::ajsleepy: 'Scuse me while I go to bed for the next 24 hours.

Comments ( 1 )

Lol I read the part where he said not aunt Luna I hit her with a frying pan she's out like a light
Me: you hit luna with a frying pan XD

Login or register to comment