• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 708 Views, 9 Comments

From Halloween, To Nightmare Night - Ponyess



Ok, tomorrow is Halloween. I have a costume to prepare, or so I had thought, untill I had been promised a special treat, a friend was giving me a the suit, to put on the day before the big night, and this is where it all went horribly wrong.

  • ...
16
 9
 708

Exploration of Self: 4

Wearing clothes, does not seem not to be the norm here. Even today, some wear only a scanty suit; in order to take up the attributes of, whom ever they were dressing up as.

In the light of how little everypony is wearing, the little I actually did wear, wasn't standing out. The one thing standing out, is my bat wings; matching in colour and hue with my tail, mane and hooves.

Looking like Fluttershy apparently made me sound like her and even carry her memories; which felt odd, but surprisingly convenient on my part.

I guess it was as much the voice as the general built, from the yellow Pegasus that actually did sell my costume in the first place?

Then, all of a sudden, I realized it was my thoughts that kept me down. Kept me to the ground. Maybe I had never been a flier the likes of Rainbow Dash, but I knew I'm not the weak flyer I had made myself into becoming. I do have memories supporting it.

I may be shy; and I have been haunted by all the memories from my fillyhood, when they taunted me. Only now, I'm not in Clouds Dale, this is Ponyville. It's not the Elite of Pegasi, but the Pride of Earth Types. This wasn't from flying, but for the ideal we hold so dear. From what we had made out of ourselves, in the place none other dared to approach.

Something came into view, some Pony, so I just reacted on the mood of the day.

“Happy Nightmare Night!” I pronounced.

“Happy Nightmare Night!” she simply replied, but in a strangely sing-song voice; I knew her, I just had never expected to see her here, not at this day.

That was Zecora, apparently? Once she had passed, I chose to take flight; just the few feet, just to feel the wind under my wings, and to make the point out of it. Something just called out to me, making me desire to. Maybe it is the day, after all?

Flying with bat wings did draw something special out of me, as if it had been a Costume; within, or under the original Costume?

“Bat wings!” I just mused under my breath.

“Nightmare Moon, here I come!” suddenly came over my lips, in an eerily spooky voice; as if I was actually challenging the Mare of the moon, who had frightened little fillies and brave stallions alike; from the day she refused to call down her moon, to this very day.

There was something calling out to me; was it a feeling, or was it something else, entirely? I enjoy flying among the Ponies like this. Just high enough for my hooves to be in the height of the common mare or stallions muzzles. I'm air-born, flying just slightly faster than the common Pony would walk? I guess this was part of it.

Most everypony recognized me, naturally; I knew as much, it is obvious. On the other hoof; the attributes of the bat, largely emphasized by my now cerise wings; still made me stand out in the light of day.

Maybe it is the mood of the day, catching the aspects in a special light? I for some reason, couldn't help reveling in this; basking in the light of the new attention, not for the cheer weight of Ponies laughing at me. Like the time in Clouds Dale, when they found my week flying amusing and laughable, to the point, they ignored my feelings. Maybe some of them had actually enjoyed seeing me crumbling?

Of course; since it had to be Nightmare Night, even in Clouds Dale; maybe I should make an appearance there, just to see how well they recalled me, and for what? I know I had to be known there too, after the heroic deeds I had been portrayed. Even if this would be the actual Fluttershy, rather than me, but it just may be interesting to see their faces?

“Happy Nightmare Night!” I called out, again and again; to the Ponies I was passing.

I guess I enjoyed the day, and it isn't all that late, just yet. I hear most of them respond in kind, even if a Pony or two made a scared gasp, looked up, before they responded, now with quivering voices? The looks are priceless, as it were, I had to admit.

Maybe it is what this day was for, all along? To scare one another up? Just for the cheer jest of it? Though some, like Pinkie Pie, love the scare. Even if she still is stuck at Sugar-Cube Corner, for a few more hours?

Comments ( 1 )

3846291 I'm confused, what is it you're trying to say?

Login or register to comment