• Published 22nd Jun 2014
  • 1,701 Views, 55 Comments

If You Hear Me, Let Me Know - SolidFire



This is the second sequel to "Family Mares," following Scootaloo as she's all grown up and... engaged?!

  • ...
5
 55
 1,701

Friends and Family

Friends and Family

Scootaloo landed directly in front of Applebloom. Startled, the yellow earth pony dropped the toolbox she had been carrying. She sighed in relief when she saw that the latch held and nothing had spilled on the ground before glaring at Scootaloo.

"Yer late. And ya scared the hay outta me."

"Sorry Applebloom. Lightning and I got to sleep kinda late last night," Scootaloo said sheepishly.

"Ah won't ask ya ta go into detail about that." Applebloom never wanted to hear about the sexual endeavors of her friends. Which made hanging out with Kitty and Sweetie Belle a somewhat difficult task for her. "But ya told me ya'd be here at ten. Ah didn't get home from Canterlot any earlier than y'all did, and Ah was out here at nine gettin' things ready."

"Sorry Applebloom. Like I said-"

"Scoot, Ah'm happy fer ya, but Ah still don't want ta hear about that. Come on, we got the foundation all done. All we gotta do now is build the barn. Which is where Ah need yer help anyway."

"Alright. What do you need me to do Applebloom?"

For the rest of the afternoon, Applebloom and the members of Iron Pony were hard at work building the barn. By the time night fell, they had the entire skeleton finished. It would take another day to finish the walls, but Applebloom wanted to do that herself. She appreciated the help her friends gave her, but sometimes musical ponies just slowed down the process. It was particularly difficult when Kitty managed to burn something with a levitation spell. She invited them all into the house for a round of cider, to which everypony happily accepted. Everypony except Scootaloo.

"Sorry guys, I promised Lightning I'd meet him for dinner," Scootaloo said.

"Come on, you're gonna spend an entire life eating dinner with him. Drink with us for a night, will ya?"

"Sorry Kat, I made plans. Besides, I'm a lot less likely to get lucky tonight if I'm drunk."

"Isn't it supposed to be the stallion talking about getting lucky?" Sweetie Belle asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, he's definitely getting lucky if it's up to me. But he won't screw me unless I'm sober. He'll think he's taking advantage of me if I'm drunk."

"You're getting married to him Scoot. If you don't screw him tonight, you'll have plenty of other chances."

"Sorry Sweets, you know full well I don't back out on plans. On the marriage note, can I talk to you in private? There's something I wanted to ask you." Sweetie Belle looked back at the others.

"When y'all are done talkin', come on inside Sweets. We'll be waitin'." Applebloom beckoned for the others to follow. Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo were left alone. Sweetie Belle waited until the others were out of sight before turning and throwing her forelegs around Scootaloo in a tight hug.

"What's that for Sweets?" Scootaloo asked.

"Don't play dumb with me Scoot. You know I've always had a soft spot for romance. And now you and Lightning are getting married! This is so exciting!" Sweetie Belle was on the verge of squealing.

"Why are you just now congratulating me? You told me I was an idiot every time the subject came up before."

"Because the first time it came up I was hungover, and every time after that I was with the band. And frankly, when I'm with them it's a lot more fun to make jokes than it is to show how happy I am. Oh, this is gonna be so great! When's the reception? And the ceremony? Where? What time of year? What should I wear, ohmygoshthisisgonnabesogreatIcan'twaitRarityisgonnamakeyouthemostbeautifuldresseverohmy-" Scootaloo put a hoof in Sweetie Belle's mouth. A series of muffled noises that Scootaloo couldn't comprehend continued to flow from the mare's mouth. When she stopped, Scootaloo removed her hoof.

"You done?" Scootaloo asked her friend.

Sweetie Belle nodded. "Yup. I think I can handle myself now."

"Good," Scootaloo said with a sigh. She really hoped her friend would contain her excitement at her next question. "Now I was hoping you could... well, you know... be my Mare of Honor?" Sweetie Belle's eyes lit up. She then let out a squeal that rivaled that of a filly that just received her dream Hearth's Warming present. Scootaloo cringed from the damage dealt to her ears. She was used to them getting pounded by loud noises, but not of that high of a pitch.

"I'll... take that as a yes..." Scootaloo said as she rubbed her still ringing ears. Sweetie Belle nodded ferociously and hugged Scootaloo so tightly that she began to have difficulty getting air into her lungs.

"Sweetie Belle! Need... to... breathe!"

"Woops, sorry Scoot!" Sweetie Belle released her near death-grip on Scootaloo's neck. Scootaloo took the opportunity to get her breathing and heart rate back under control.

"Alright, I gotta go meet with Lightning. He'll be wondering what's taking me so long."

"He always was a punctual stallion. So, is it true what they say about pegasus stallions with big wings?" Sweetie Belle asked with a grin. Scootaloo, in turn grinned at Sweetie Belle.

"Oh yes. Very much so."

"So it did the trick for you last night?"

"Actually, we didn't have sex last night," admitted Scootaloo.

"Your bedroom life is going to be terribly boring, you know that right?" Sweetie Belle felt a pang of sympathy for Scootaloo. Until she saw the immense grin that spread across her face.

"We didn't have sex last night because we didn't get home until two in the morning. We fell asleep around four thirty."

"Atta filly Scootaloo! Finally lost your virginity!" congratulated Sweetie Belle.

"Yeah, well it was more fun today in the shower."

"Twice! In a matter of twelve hours! I'm impressed Scoot!" Sweetie Belle raised her hoof. Scootaloo rolled her eyes and bumped her own hoof against Sweetie Belle's.

"Again, I gotta get going. Like I already said, Lightning will be wondering where I am."

"Alright, alright. You two have fun. Just remember to use protection."

"Don't worry, we won't be having a foal anytime soon. Try to stay sober tonight Sweets. We don't want a repeat of that time you woke up in bed with Jimmy."

"I thought we agreed we weren't going to talk about that again. EVER. AGAIN." Sweetie Belle gave Scootaloo a death glare. Scootaloo laughed. She was about to take to the sky when Lightning skidded to a stop right in front of her.

"L-Lightning? What are you doing here?"

"I thought I'd be a gentlecolt and meet you here," Lightning said with a smile before kissing Scootaloo. Sweetie Belle's heart melted at the sight.

"I'll leave you two alone for the night. Congratulations you two." Sweetie Belle hugged Scootaloo again, although this time it was a far more gentle embrace. Lightning gave Scootaloo an odd look as Sweetie Belle made her way to the farmhouse.

"Uhh, Scoots? What were you and Sweetie Belle doing out here all alone?"

"Making out while ingesting gratuitous amounts of alcohol and painkillers. You know, the usual." Scootaloo managed to keep a straight face while she responded.

"Alright, now tell me the real story," Lightning said while rolling his eyes and letting out a small chuckle.

"If you must know, I was asking her to be my Mare of Honor at our wedding. Oh, by the way, we should stop by Nurse Redheart's to see if she can give me a new trachea."

"Umm... why?"

"No reason.''


Scootaloo and Lightning decided to have dinner at Scootaloo's place. It was about time Scootaloo gave Lightning another cooking lesson as it was, and the couple thought it would be more fun to make dinner together than to eat at a restaurant. That, and each of them bore a coat and mane soaked with sweat from their activities that day, not to mention Scootaloo was caked in dirt and sawdust.

"Perhaps a shower is in order before we start making our food tonight," Scootaloo suggested with a wink. Lightning took the hint.

"I'm all yours Beautiful."

"If you play your cards right." Scootaloo gave Lightning a seductive whip with her tail. Lightning playfully bit it and followed her to the bathroom.


Spitfire was making dinner for her own spouse when she had a twitch that forced her to drop the spoon she was using to stir her pot of soup.

"DAMMIT SCOOTALOO!"


Scootaloo and Lightning stepped out of the shower. Like their last session earlier that day, they bore satisfied grins on their faces. The experience had even proven far more enjoyable in Scootaloo's larger set of facilities.

"You know, I normally would prefer a smaller shower, but that is a LOT easier when there's room to move," Lightning said as he wrapped a wing around Scootaloo.

"Yes, yes it is. Now you see why I like having a bigger house? It'll make living with you a lot easier."

"Yes, yes it will. So, what do you say? We move into your place?" Lightning asked. Scootaloo didn't even need a second to ponder the query.

"Yes indeed. No way I was gonna live in your tiny house."

"We can merge them. I can gut my place so we can have extra storage room."

"Sounds like a plan," Scootaloo said as she nuzzled her fiance. "In the meantime, I'm starving. I was working hard enough BEFORE that last workout. My stomach's on empty." As if on cue, her stomach let out a rumble that roughly resembled Shepard's best death metal roar.

"Wow. I guess so. Let's get started, shall we?" Lightning gave a small bow and gestured towards the kitchen. Scootaloo giggled.

"You know, my mom probably has something made. Wanna go interrupt dinner there?" Scootaloo asked with a shrug.

"You have any energy to fly?"

"Lightning, we're within range of 'Mom Sense'. It's not exactly much of a flight."

"Alright, then let's go crash dinner at your parent's place!" Lightning pushed the door open and gently kissed Scootaloo before they took flight.


Scootaloo and Lightning landed on the front porch of the Dash home. Lightning lifted a hoof to push open the door, but Spitfire beat him to the punch from inside.

"Scootaloo, Lightning. I understand that you're grown ponies now, and I won't tell you two that you can't enjoy each other, but when you two get married, can you make sure you live outside the range of my Mom Sense? I don't want to get a nervous twitch every time you two start fooling around." Lightning sheepishly lowered his head. Scootaloo laughed.

"Sorry Mom. I guess we just got carried away." Scootaloo felt she could at least apologize for disrupting her mother's evening. She wasn't actually sorry, but she was willing to fake it for her mom's sake. Spitfire laughed.

"Scootaloo, I was your age once. I know you're not the least bit sorry. Come on, I already have the table set for you two to join us."

"How did you-"

"Do we really have to go over this Scoot?"

"I guess not. Well, thanks Mom!" Scootaloo hugged her mother. Scootaloo and Lightning sat next to each other at the table. They then noticed there were only four places set. Given that Rainbow was present, that meant Steel was the one that wasn't eating with the family.

"Hey, where's Steel?" Scootaloo asked.

"He's hanging out with his friends," said Spitfire.

"You know, I like the colts. They're perfectly cool kids. But that filly..." Rainbow shuddered. "I don't know about her."

"What's wrong with her? She's sweet, innocent, and normal by the standards of most ponies," Spitfire explained as she raised an eyebrow at Rainbow.

"That's just it. She's too 'Filly Next Door' and not enough 'Sweetie Belle'."

"I thought it was 'Filly with the Dragon Cutie Mark'."

"I've met fillies with dragon cutie marks. I've met fillies with dragon hunter cutie marks. None of them are as hardcore as Sweets," Rainbow said with a grin. Spitfire rolled her eyes.

"She's a nice filly. Sadly we can't scare her off though. Scootaloo, why couldn't you have had a little sister?"

"Sorry, I'll go back in time and tell Jade to make his filly-bearing sperm to swim faster," Scootaloo quipped.

"Sounds good to me," Spitfire said.

"If you two keep at it like you are, it won't be long before you'd wish his sperm would've swam a little slower," Rainbow added while gesturing towards Lightning. "Remember, I'm 37. I'm WAY too young to be a grandma."

"Don't worry, he's been protected," Scootaloo responded. At this point in time, Lightning had almost completely buried his face in his food to hide his blush. He was still far more reserved than his fiance and her family, and although he could talk about sex casually, the prospect of talking to his soon-to-be in-laws about it chilled him to the core.

"You're right Scoot. He IS kinda cute when he's nervous," said Rainbow.

"Sorry Ma, he's mine."

"I'm pretty sure you know by now that I don't swing that way. Besides, there's no way he's as good in bed as Wildfire." As soon as she heard her bedroom name, Spitfire's wings snapped open. She shot an angry glare at Rainbow while forcing them back against her sides. Scootaloo almost fell over laughing.

"Rainbow! What did I say about the use of that name?"

"That we only use it in the-"

"THAT WAS RHETORICAL!" A hot blush had spread across Spitfire's face. Rainbow laughed.

"Come on, it isn't like she hasn't heard that name before." Rainbow shrunk under Spitfire's glare. "Alright, alright I'm sermafugler," Rainbow mumbled her unique apology. Somehow she still had yet to learn how to properly apologize.

"Apology accepted." Spitfire nuzzled Rainbow. Scootaloo looked over at Lightning. He had left the cover of his meal and wore a warm smile at the sight of his mothers-in-law sharing one of their peculiar moments where their love for each other was most evident. Lightning met Scootaloo's gaze and wrapped a wing around her. He pulled her close and planted a gentle kiss on the top of her head.


Scootaloo and Lightning stumbled into their home. They had eaten far too much of Spitfire's cooking, and now they each just wanted to get some rest. As they crawled into bed, they took a moment to gaze into each other's eyes. In them, they saw more than just the pony they loved; they saw their future together. The lives they would share, the family they would raise. They saw the pony that would help them through every hardship that was to come. The two ponies pulled each other close and brought their lips together in a passionate embrace. It was in the embrace of each other's lips that the two fell asleep.

Author's Note:

Once again, I've got to say that this is not my story. It is an approved re-post by the original author and the site's staff. Also, sorry about taking forever to update this. I'll try to take less time and be less lazy in general.