• Published 22nd Jan 2014
  • 7,604 Views, 84 Comments

Six New Alicorns - JusSonic



Equestria gets some new Alicorns...except this time, Twilight isn't the only one to become one , but so are the rest of her friends. Can they handle their new roles?

  • ...
43
 84
 7,604

Chapter 4: Speed and Gold

Chapter 4: Speed and Gold

The new alicorns work for hours or so, practicing on their magic, some duel each other more than once and some flop. But Twilight and her friends kept on plugging away, determined to do their best to pass the unicorn part of the training.

It was an hour that Celestia spoke up, saying, "All right, while the unicorn training isn't over yet, I think we will put it off for now for the next part."

"As in the Pegasus part of the test," Twilight ask Celestia curiously, knowing that could be the case.

"Correct."

"Oh yeah, finally, some flying!" Rainbow exclaims excitedly, she can't wait to do some flying again. The ropes are magically removed, freeing the wings, but the collars are put back around the neck, preventing the new alicorns from using their magic. "Oh man!"

"To start things off..." Luna said as she uses her magic to make hoops appear. "Pass through these hoops. Rainbow Dash; If you can so kind..."

"No problem!"

Rainbow flew into the air and pass through the hoops with ease. The others watch in amazement or amusement. Spike comments, "Well, even when Rainbow Dash isn't clearing clouds, she is passing through hoops like a trained Wonderbolt."

"Yes, that is what she wanted." Twilight comments a bit while nodding, a bit proud of her friend. Rainbow lands on the ground after she's done, "Very good work."

"Thanks, Twilight! Nothing but hoops," Rainbow exclaims with a proud look on her face.

"All right, you ponies shall go through the hoops one by one." Celestia said with a nod, preparing for this part of the test. "Rarity, we shall start with you."

"Me?" Rarity gasps a bit to Celestia, a bit concerned by what the alicorn is asking her to do. "Your majesty, not to be rude, but I can't go through those kinds of hoops like Rainbow just did."

"Believe in yourself, Rarity. It takes more than speed to make it through them. It also takes determination and friendship."

"Yeah, you made it through the unicorn part like Fluttershy did!" Pinkie exclaims happily while patting Rarity on the back. "You can do this one."

"Yeah, I believe in you too, Rarity." Spike said, blushing a bit while making Rarity smile a bit.

"Thank you, Spike. Princesses, I shall give this my best." Rarity said with a slight giggle as she flew up into the air. The other alicorns watch their friend head to the hoops; Now to see if their friend has the confidence to do this.

The group watch impressed as Rarity flew through the hoops very impressed. Pinkamena exclaims, "Wow! She is Super Duper great!"

"Yeah, I know!" Pinkie exclaims to her double eagerly.

"Yeehaw; Yer're doing it, Rare!" Applejack exclaims to Rarity with a grin; Looks like her fashion friend is turning into a class flyer like Rainbow Dash is.

"Well?" Rarity ask as she got the hoops done, landing near everyone. "How did I do?"

"Very good, Rarity," Celestia said to Rarity proudly. "You did very good on your first try."

"Why, thank you, your majesty."

"Okay, Applejack, you're up next..."

-----------------------------------------------

In a cave somewhere in the Everfree Forest, an unknown figure pauses to think about what has happened: Twilight Sparkle and her friends are now alicorns, powerful demi-god like creatures. This may be a problem for when he tries to take Equestria or avenge someone close to him.

"How am I supposed to stop Twilight when she's an alicorn now?" The figure asks with an annoyed sigh. "I have been planning for years for my wrath...but with this happening, I may as well call it quits now."

"Oh, now, why must you be wishing revenge, Lorcan?" A voice spoke out, causing the figure known as Lorcan to jump in surprise. He turns and saw someone in the shadows, staring. A closer look cause the dragon to identify him, much to his surprise.

"You; But how can you still be..."

"Sssh; doesn't matter. What is this, your brother known as Spike isn't dead as you thought him to be."

"That's a lie!" Lorcan exclaims to the figure furiously and in denial. "I have heard the guards saying that Twilight blew him up!"

The figure chuckles while continuing, "Did they mean 'blew him up' in an explosive like way...or something else?" Lorcan didn't answer; he was a bit...silent. "There, you see? You jumped to conclusions because you believe that someone that you cared about is responsible for a loss."

"But that blasted princess took Spike away many years ago when the war with my father was over! I wanted payback for it and everything!!"

"I see...well, if you wish, I could help you with that...but at the same time, you can help me."

"Oh really? Give me a break, how can you help me when I know that you aren't the evil type?" Lorcan scoffs to the figure in annoyance. "How do I know that you aren't going to backstab me when it's over?"

"My friend...in the end, you will understand how vengeance isn't the answer." The figure explains to Lorcan sternly who listens in concern. "I shall help you but may not help you succeed. At the same time, you shall help me help Equestria's newest alicorns..."

"How; what do you mean?"

----------------------

"Oh yes yes yes yes yes!" Twilight giggles as she flew through the hoops like a pro, landing near her friends in triumph.

"You did wonderfully, Twilight! Like a true Pegasus pony!" Fluttershy exclaims as she and the others gather around to congratulate Twilight for making it through the hoops.

"If I didn't know any better, I say you are on true Pegasi." Rainbow laughs to Twilight, grabbing her friend in a hold and putting the mare into a noogie.

"You were awesome, Twilight." Spike said with a smile then frowns at himself, "Oh man, I wish I could sprout wings so I can join you girls in the skies; really unfair to be grounded."

"Spike, I promise, someday you can fly." Twilight assures her little 'brother' while hugging Spike.

"You really think so?"

"Sure, would I lie? Wait; try not to answer that because I may not recall lying at some point."

"Shucks, yew probably won't be a lil' feller forever." Applejack giggles as she pats Spike on the back. "Hay, Ah wouldn't be plum surprised if yew git yer wings in a few wings or so."

"Right, and wouldn't I be happy to see that day." Rarity said, making Spike blush a bit. "Just don't grow up too fast, okay?"

"No problem, Rare." Spike remarks with a chuckle, thinking about how cool it will be once he can fly at last.

"Now then, if I may do this next part of the test..." Golden Heart announces to the new alicorns with a grin. "This will involving chasing but will also involves speed, determination and teamwork; Pinkamena?"

"Gold Wing, come!" Pinkamena calls out to the side as if summoning something. The ponies are surprised as a golden like phoenix flew into the air, flying around before landing on her hoof.

"Wow! Is that a phoenix?" Twilight ask Pinkamena and Golden Heart in amazement.

"Yep; this is Gold Wing, our phoenix pal!"

"Your task is that you must catch him...but Gold Wing is swift, cunning and agile so it will take more than alicorn wing power to do so." Golden Heart explains with a smirk, "Gold Wing! Fly off!"

Gold Wing flew off quickly. Rainbow smirks as she tries to get him but the phoenix was too fast, flying away from her as he flew off in another direction. The cyan groan, "Oh horse apples!"

"Told you, didn't I?"

"Well, come on, let's get him!"

"Oh it is so on!" Rarity laughs as she and the other new alicorns flew into the air to join Rainbow in chasing Gold Wing who flew off quickly. The chase is on!

"Spike, climb on my back, you would want to see this." Celestia offers to Spike who climbs onto the Goddess of the Sun's back. Pinkamena got onto Golden Heart's back as the ponies and dragon flew into the air. The chase is on!

Gold Wing continues flying off with the alicorns in hot pursue. Rainbow smirks while saying to Applejack, "Hey Applejack! Betcha 10 apples that I will get to that phoenix before you do!"

"Yer on, Rainbow," Applejack said with a smirk.

"Come on, girls, this is about teamwork, not a race." Twilight calls out to Rainbow and Twilight in concern.

"Awww, lighten up, Twiley, this is fun!" Pinkie exclaims while flying around chasing Gold Wing. "You are so much into those books; you don't know how to have fun anymore!"

"Right, lighten up, have some fun once in a while!" Rarity exclaims to Twilight with a grin.

The alicorns flew over, reaching an canyon. Fluttershy yelps as wind currents blew her back, "Oh dear! These wind currents are strong!"

"Be careful, my little ponies!" Celestia calls out to the new alicorns. "The wind currents hare strong."

"No problem! We can do this!" Rainbow exclaims as she flew forward but the mare yelps as large rocks got blown off the walls, sending them at her. Rainbow dodges. "Whoa! Close one!"

"The idea is to get past strong winds and unexpected attacks from out of the blue!" Golden Heart calls out in agreement.

"Better find a way, Gold Wing is waiting." Pinkamena giggles. Gold Wing is on the other side of the canyon, waiting for the alicorns to continue chasing him.

"How 'de hay are we supposed 'ta git by 'dis?" Applejack exclaims as the wind currents kept pushing her back.

"Just do your best!" Spike calls out to the ponies.

"Ponies, we gotta work together...grab my tail!" Rainbow exclaims to her friends with a grin.

"Err; you know that Spike is watching, right?" Fluttershy asked Rainbow uneasily.

"I mean grab my tail in an idea kinda way, Fluttershy!" Rainbow corrects Fluttershy with an annoyed sigh.

"Oh." Fluttershy said sheepishly before she grabbed Rainbow's tail.

"Now, ponies, grab on one another's tail!" Rainbow exclaims. Twilight grabs Fluttershy's tail, Pinkie grabs Twilight's, Applejack grabs Pinkie Pie's tail and Rarity is the last. "Okay, hang on and use your wing wind power, we need to gun this!"

The ponies held on and uses their wing wind power as Rainbow flew right through the canyon. Their combination made it better to get through the currents and dodging the rocks. Soon, they all made it to the other side.

"Oh yeah, cool! You did it!" Spike cheers on while watching the ponies with a grin.

"Wow! That was amazing!" Rarity exclaimed.

The ponies release one another as Twilight exclaims, "There goes Gold Wing! Follow that bird!"

"Ooh, ooh, title reference, title reference to another franchise!" Pinkie exclaims with a happy giggle.

The other alicorns chose to ignore their friend's usual randomness, laughing as they chase Gold Wing into a new area. They appear to be getting closer...

"Whoa, what's that?" Rainbow asks in surprise as they enter a new area that is full with tornadoes! There are thin ones, medium ones, even BIG ONES!

Gold Wing dodges the tornadoes with ease. Luna calls out, "Be wary, ponies! Those tornadoes have such suction force, if not is not careful in how to maneuver in them, you may get sucked in or even thrown out uncontrollably.

"Oooh, I thought they look familiar! These are easy for us former Pegasi!" Rainbow exclaims eagerly. She then saw Fluttershy yelping and flying to hide behind some rocks, "Fluttershy!"

"I'm sorry, those are scary." Fluttershy said with a whimper.

"Come on, Fluttershy, you can do with this." Twilight said to Fluttershy in encouragement. "We are right here if you need some help with the tornadoes."

"Well, okay." Fluttershy said meekly yet still worried. "But I don't know how we will get by these tornadoes."

"Oh, tornadoes are easy! Watch an expert like so!" Pinkie giggles as she begins flying. Her friends watch as the pink alicorn flew around the tornadoes while singing, "You spin my head right around, right around, when you go down, when you go down, down!"

The alicorns, even the oldest ones, look amazed. Pinkie, making it to the other side, calls out, "Come on, my fellow alicorns; Do what I do! Try not to get sucked in or thrown out!"

"Okay." Fluttershy said nervously with a gulp.

"Fluttershy, I am right here next to you." Twilight said to Fluttershy, patting her with a wing. "Call me your wing buddy if you need help."

Fluttershy nodded and then took a deep breath before she flew off as she started singing the song and got around the tornadoes, much to her own surprise.

The other ponies laugh as they sing the song, flying around the tornadoes while being careful to avoid getting sucked in. The Royal Sisters, Golden Heart, Pinkamena and Spike watch this in interest.

"Ha ha ha; that looks like fun, laughing and singing in the face of terror!" Pinkamena giggles a bit at the scene.

"Yes, it appears these alicorns got their Pegasus training licked." Luna said in amusement. "But will they catch Gold Wing?"

"If they can learn to to work together and such...than perhaps they may." Celestia answers her sister's question gently.

Gold Wing kept on flying up ahead; the new alicorns do their best to catch up.

"Ugh! This is crazy. We have gotten through wind and tornados but still this guy is ahead of us!" Rainbow exclaims in annoyance as she flap her wings harder.

"Twilight, do yew got any ideas on how 'ta catch him?" Applejack asks Twilight in concern.

"And without hurting the poor golden birdie," Fluttershy ask Twilight meekly while in agreement with the cow alicorn. The other ponies are willing to do what it takes to catch that bird now.

Twilight do some thinking then glances at Gold Wing's movements. The mare then grins, saying, "Yes, I do got an idea. We won't be using speed to get in front of Gold Wing but to copy his movement."

"Do what? Copy what?" Pinkie asks, unsure as to what Twilight was referring to.

"Just do what I do!"

Twilight begins copying Gold Wing's movement; her friends got the idea and follows along, copying the movements. For a moment, nothing appears to be happening.

"Now," Rarity asks Twilight anxiously.

"Not yet..." Twilight advises her friends as the alicorns are getting to their target: Gold Wing himself.

"Now," Fluttershy ask Twilight meekly.

"Not, not yet...NOW!"

The new alicorn ponies use all their speed at once and soon catch up with Gold Wing. Pinkie grins as she tags the phoenix, startling it. The mare jokes, "Tag, we win. We caught up."

"Pinkie Pie, you are so random." Rainbow giggles to Pinkie in amusement. Everyone slows down as they all land on the ground below. "Still, we did it!"

"HEEHAW! We done caught up wit' yew!" Applejack exclaims to Gold Wing who flew around, making happy noises. "Yew are happy."

"Oh, I hope to see something like you at another time." Fluttershy giggles as she pets Gold Wing gently.

"The princess does has a phoenix of her own named Philomena." Twilight explains to Fluttershy with a smile. "Who knows? You may."

"Wow! You girls are awesome!" Spike exclaims eagerly on Celestia's back as the alicorns lands on the ground. "You caught him!"

"Nice work girls and you too, Gold Wing." Golden Heart said to Gold Wing who screeches a bit while flying over to a tree to get something to eat. "I gotta admit, it usually take days to catch up with him but you did it within hours."

"Well, shoot, thanks, Golden Heart." Applejack responds to Golden Heart with a grin on her face.

"So did we pass the Pegasus part?" Twilight ask the Royal Sisters hopefully.

"Yes, you did." Celestia said with a proud smile. "Of course, your training is not halfway done. You may have to redemonstrate what you learnt in the parts."

"But fear not, my little ponies. Soon you will have what it takes to be true alicorn princesses." Luna assures the new alicorns with a nod. "Do not work: work together, help one another, friendship is the key to completing the training."

"Well, it helped us save you from your Nightmare Moon self." Pinkie remarks to Luna while bouncing up and down, "Hay, who knows? We may surprise you...even I can surprise myself, which is surprisingly because I love to surprise myself which is..."

"We get it, Pinkie." Most of her friends interrupt Pinkie while they all laugh at once.

The ponies and dragon decides on taking a break for a while to celebrate the new alicorns' completion of the Pegasus part of the training. They got a while to go but the six mares will make it there. Unknown to everyone, the figure and Lorcan are watching on a cliff nearby...the dragon's eyes widen as he saw a familiar baby one hugging Twilight.

"Is that..." Lorcan begins to ask, he is trembling a bit in shock yet hope.

"Yes. It's the one you lost, my friend." The figure said with a slight nod.

"Have she told him about me? I don't think he did; why would my brother hang out with the same ones that took him and our mother away?!"

"The ponies aren't your real enemies, my friend. They are nice and helpful in some ways. Your father did what he did out of grief and anger."

"Doesn't matter," Lorcan said with a sigh. "If Twilight hasn't told Spike about me, I shall punish her in my way. And you aren't going to stop me, you old colt!"

"Perhaps not, I could help in some way...but not to destroy them. No, their hardest training is yet to come...and at the same time, by helping them, you can help yourself." The figure explains to Lorcan with a slight chuckle. It seems like whoever this 'old colt' is, wishes for Lorcan to help the fillies in their hardest part of their training in their own way, but at the same time he can also help himself.

"What? Help me with what?"

"Find...the truth."

Author's Note:

The Pegasus part is done but what are the old figure's plans for the hardest part of the alicorn training involving Lorcan? In the next chapter, the big part has begun as Lorcan himself appears, involving himself in what could be the final part. More to come so read, review and suggest.