• Published 24th Jan 2014
  • 6,123 Views, 145 Comments

German Battleship Bismarck - cellum95



After being sunk by the British Navy, the German Battleship Bismarck is suddenly transported, in a twist of fate, to Equestria. Can the German ship survive in unknown territory?

  • ...
13
 145
 6,123

Sail in the Equestrian Sea

Still drifting in the Equestrian Sea, the German Battleship Bismarck still needs to wait for her crew to be awakened, to be fit in uncharted waters where no one actually goes. However, that opportunity arrives with the awakening of her two leading officers, Admiral Gunther Lutjens and Captain Ernst Lindemann.

-Bismarck's Bridge-

Lutjens and Lindemann had waken up in the main bridge of the Bismarck, still wondering why they are alive after that horrific British hit, and not hearing any shells raining down like hell. They stood up to their feet, dusting off any potential dusts. After a few moments of dusting, Captain Lindemann asked the Admiral in German.

"Admiral, do you know where we are?" The Admiral was silent for a moment, thinking about his response. After some thinking-time, he replied:

"Are we still in the Atlantic?" The Captain pondered for a moment whether or not they were still in the Atlantic. They don't even here any British shells raining down on them. There was one logical explanation.

"That's a negative Admiral. Not hearing any shells or not seeing devastation everywhere suggests that we're not in the Atlantic anymore."

"If that's the case then, where are we?"

"For the moment, not any clue Admiral." Captain Lindemann replied.

"Is the crew here, awake or asleep?" Lutjens asked, and the Captain look around to see his men still asleep.

"Still asleep sir. Best course of action?"

"While we are sailing, we can't attack with a sleeping crew. We will have to wait then." The Admiral replied.

"As you wish, Admiral."

>Equestrian 2nd Fleet<

179 miles from the Bismarck is the now sailing Equestrian 2nd Fleet. Their mission: have cargoes of trading goods to the Zebrica, a nation far to the west. The 20 ships that compromised the fleet is sailing in 5 to 10 knots, a very accountable speed in the navy, but it's slow, getting some of the sailors wishing that they have faster 'water-carriages'.

On board the HMES Harmony, Admiral Iron Hoof is on the ship's deck, smiling to himself that this particular mission is an easy picking, but not fast enough from Equestria to Zebrica vice-versa. HMES Harmony is a Harmony-class 'water-carriage', including it's sister ships HMES Generosity, HMES Kindness, HMES Loyalty, HMES Laughter, HMES Honesty and HMES Magic, that are the biggest 'water-carriages' to date in the Equestrian Navy. HMES Laughter, however, is a special type. Not only it is a Harmony-class, but also a Laughter-class, with HMES Giggle. The fleet is steaming west from Manehattan Harbor, going to Zebrica's port, Cybrus.

The sailors determined that nothing will stand in their way in their first ever mission, so important that they would do anything to have it completed. With that determination, they have high morale on them, and they relax without any fear, anxiety or any other kind of emotions, just joy and laughter. If ever anypony would dare to stop them, it would be an impossibility to attack the fleet as it was too huge for a full attack by any other ships.

However, in anypony's mind, there is nothing in the vast Equestrian Sea that would take them head-on to kill their first mission. They are gravely mistaken.

>Bismarck<

Just 176 miles from the Equestrian 2nd Fleet, the Bismarck is still sailing in a relatively slow speed, but her entire crew is now awake, but they still need some 'happy-time' with each other. In the bridge, Admiral Lutjens and Captain Lindemann are now pondering about their next course of action.

"So what do you suggest Admiral?" Captain Lindemann asked in German.

"For the moment, we need to sail at least, for I am still weary of any enemy warships here in this unknown waters, and with the British not here, this increased my weariness ten-fold." Lutjens replied.

"So what your basically saying that we need to keep moving just to ward off any potential threats?"

"Exactly."

"But Admiral, I'm also getting weary without any information. Should we need to deploy one of our Ar 196's?"

"I agree with you with your suggestion. Alright then, let's get one of our airplanes to fly. And also, tell the crew to speed the ship to 23 knots." Lutjens ordered.

"Yes Admiral."

The order was relayed from Admiral Lutjens to crew, in which the crew assigned for the engines quickly followed the order to speed up Bismarck to 23 knots. In the aircraft catapult area, the crew is finally getting ready one of their Ar 196. These reconnaissance aircraft is shipboard one, allowing to be deployed by ships to have information in the surrounding area. It also have a very good recon range, about one-thousand and eighty kilometers, or six hundred and seventy miles. After the aircraft finally got prepped, it got launched by Bismarck's aircraft catapult system, with it's pilot and observer ready to relay information for the German Battleship.

>Manehattan Harbour<

Back at Manehattan Harbour, HMES Vanguard, a Protector-class 'water-carriage', returned after being 5 months at sea to chase down a rogue 'water-carriage', dubbed as 'Traitor 1'. 'Traitor 1' was a 'water-carriage' that was once an Equestrian Navy ship, known as HMES Cruiser, a Relax-class 'water-carriage', before being captured by joint Diamond Dogs-Pony pirates, because they taught that Equestria needs a very strong leader to be led, not by some puny Royal Sisters.

When HMES Vanguard saved 'HMES Cruiser', it has 20 ponies and 3 Diamond Dogs as prisoners, waiting to be judged by the Royal Sisters. However, even though the Equestrian Navy is confident that other countries will have no power to build more complex 'water-carriages', they will have a shock of their lives when they will see something flying in the sky, and another ship roaming around in the Equestrian Sea.

Author's Note:

Location
Bismarck:

172 miles north-east from Equestrian 2nd Fleet
180 miles north-east from Manehattan Harbour

Info about the Arado Ar 196

General characteristics
Crew: Two (pilot and observer)
Length: 11.0 m (36 ft 1 in)
Wingspan: 12.4 m (40 ft 0 in)
Height: 4.45 m (14 ft 7 in)
Wing area: 28.4 m² (306 ft²)
Empty weight: 2,990 kg (6,592 lb)
Max. takeoff weight: 3,720 kg (8,200 lb)
Powerplant: 1 × BMW 132K 9-cylinder radial engine, 960 PS (706 kW, 947 hp)
Performance
Maximum speed: 311 km/h (193 mph)
Range: 1,080 km (670 mi)
Service ceiling: 7,010 m (23,000 ft)
Rate of climb: 300 m/min (980 ft/min)
Wing loading: 98.2 kg/m² (20.1 lb/ft²)
Power/mass: 167 W/kg (0.101 hp/lb)
Armament
Guns:
1 × 7.92 mm (0.312 in) MG 15 machine gun
1 × 7.92 mm (0.312 in) MG 17 machine gun
2 × 20 mm MG FF cannons
Bombs: 2 × 50 kg (110 lb) bombs

Personal info: Here is now Chapter 2. Encounter between Bismarck and Equestrian 2nd Fleet will be next chapter or later chapters.