• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 5,921 Views, 127 Comments

Discordula - Hazel Heart



A vampiric draconequus seeks out the blood of mares and the heart of the mare he wants as his bride: Fluttershy.

  • ...
9
 127
 5,921

Come Morning Light

At the Royal Infirmary, Princess Luna sadly gazed at her wounded sister as the Royal Guards settled her in a queen-sized, hospitalized bed. Princess Celestia looked so solemn in her unconsciousness, her mane and tail colors looking all the more dismal and pale. Her battle scars were already tended to and healed immensely, but there was nothing that could be done about that horrid bite on her neck. Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, and Rainbow Dash also had worried looks on their faces, especially after what Twilight told AJ and RD about what Luna had to do for the sake of Equestria.


“She can’t... there has to be another way to save Princess Celestia!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed.


“If Princess Luna thinks it’s best for Equestria,” Twilight replied, “then this is what must be done.”


“But... what about her sister?” Applejack asked.


Twilight’s eyes brimmed with tears, feeling deep pity for her beloved mentor. “I... I don’t know...” she weeped quietly.


Princess Luna stepped up towards the foot of the queen-sized bed that held Celestia, the Royal Guards clearing away. Luna’s horn started emitting her cobalt blue magic aura for the protective barrier spell, which was casted up in the air over Celestia to create a magical sphere all around her. As soon as the barrier engulfed her, Celestia began to stir from her unconsciousness. She rose from her bed with a lavish, satisfied sigh as she slowly took in her surroundings. She faced Princess Luna, grinning lasciviously. “Oh, my sweet baby sister,” Celestia chuckled. “Just because you have me imprisoned in this bubble of a barrier still doesn’t make him disappear, especially when it’s still nighttime in Canterlot.”


“Not for long, older sister,” Luna sassed back. “I have made sure that another alicorn princess will take your place to raise the sun most assuredly.”


Cadance, Twilight thought. That’s why Luna sent for her.


Celestia sighed. “Like it will make any difference now.” She raised her long forelegs toward the ceiling while flying in midair, her majestic wings spreading dramatically. “He will finally have all of Equestria at his hoof and spiky talon. And most of all.... he will finally be with the mare he intends to have as his future bride.”


“WHO IS THE MARE, SISTER?!” Princess Luna shouted, using her Royal Canterlot Voice. “WE MUST KNOW NOW!”


Celestia snickered. “When you mean ‘we’, do you mean the typical Royal ‘we’, or ‘we’ as in you and everypony else present in the room?”


“DON’T YOU JOKE AROUND WITH US, SISTER!” Luna boomed. “WE ALL MUST KNOW THE NAME OF THE INNOCENT SOUL DISCORDULA SEEKS TO BE HIS PRINCESS! SPEAK NOW!”


“Hmmm.....” Celestia put a hoof to her chin and smiled teasingly. “If you let me out of this boring barrier, maybe I’ll be a good girl and tell you?”


“Princess Luna! Don’t listen to her!” Applejack cut in. “She’s tauntin’ you and using this as an open threat against us for havin‘ to have her imprisoned! She might know, but she knows we need to know the name of the mare Discordula is after so she could escape!”


“Applejack...” Twilight was impressed with AJ’s intuitiveness.


“Very clever....” Celestia mused, her eyebrows raised. “...... for a mere hayseed.” Applejack glared at Celestia in anger for calling her that.


“Why, Applejack,” Celestia feigned with mock commandment. “Is that any way to look upon your ruler?”


Applejack looked at Celestia square in the eye. “I just know when somepony is not being honest, even you Princess.”


“ENOUGH!” Luna demanded, slamming her front hoof, which started a crackle of lightning outside. She then toned down her voice, but with firm authority. “Since you won’t tell us of Discordula’s schemes, you leave me no choice but to keep you contained in the barrier until we can track down the chaotic draconequus and put an end to his heinous crime of bloodlust, once and for all.” Luna gazed at her sister with quiet sadness. “And hopefully cure the bite on your neck and rid you free of his thrall.”


Celestia merely yawned. “Oh, do whatever you will, Luna. Because Discordula will break me free from this prison bubble you’ve put me in, no matter what kind of spells you shall wield up next. So just go and be on your merry way to greet the pathetic excuse of my replacement for raising the sun.” Celestia lowered eyes. “Because come nighttime, this will never be over. The sun can’t be up in the sky forever, Lulu.”


“That’s not up to you now, Celie.”


When they went out of the room, Luna turned her attention to Twilight, AJ, and RD. “I need to stay here and take care of my subjects’ dreams, while it’s still nighttime. I shall send a few guards with you three to go to the train station.”


“But what about Discordula?” asked Twilight. “What if we come across him?”


“Star Swirl the Bearded said that the only way to prevent Discordula from biting would be special necklaces made from the roots of garlic and the tears from an alicorn.” Two guards were brought forward with a platinum chest that had the symbol of Celestia and Luna’s cutie marks embossed in gold and silver. Princess Luna opened the chest and brought out two necklaces made of thick silver threads that looked like they were made from somepony who had very fine silver hair.


“These were made especially for me and Celestia, but I bequeath one of them unto you, Twilight Sparkle. It is most dangerous for Equestria’s youngest princess to be exposed outside of the castle grounds while Discordula still wanders during the nighttime hours.”


Luna used her magic to put one of the necklaces around Twilight’s neck. “The other necklace is for Princess Cadance, so make sure you give it to her. After she raises the sun, I shall start making more of these for your brother and your friends.”


“Thank you, Princess.” Twilight surprised Luna by giving her a hug. “I really appreciate it. I would be more than willing to help give you my alicorn tears.”


“I could help you rustle up some of those garlic roots if you have any,” Applejack offered.


“I’ll help with AJ on that,” Rainbow Dash replied. “Rarity, Fluttershy, and Pinkie Pie could help make the necklaces.” She winked at Princess Luna. “We’ll all pitch in to help ya, Princess.”


Princess Luna smiled in gratitude to the ponies who rescued her from her dark banishment. “Thank you, my little ponies.”


“I have just received news from Princess Luna,” Raven informed Pinkie Pie, Rarity, Fluttershy, and Spike. “She wanted me to inform you that Princess Twilight Sparkle will be gone a short while to fetch Princess Cadance and Shining Armor at the train station.”


“Did Princess Twilight said she needed my assistance?” Spike asked.


“Not that I’m well aware of,” Raven guessed. “But she will be accompanied by your two other friends and a few guards for her protection.”


“Oh, that’s good,” Spike sighed with relief. “I don’t know what I would do if anything terrible would happen to one of my best friends,” he said as he put a claw on Rarity.


“Yes, simply tragic,” she said, pulling her shawl tighter and closer around her neck.


“Are you really sure you’re alright, Rarity?” Spike brought her close to the fireplace and used his fire breath to make flames, thinking she was still cold. “You’ve been wearing that shawl ever since we found you alone in the garden.”


“There is no need to worry your adorable, spiky head,” Rarity cooed. “When it’s morning, I’ll be right as rain.”


“Why is rain right?” Pinkie Pie asked. “I mean, doesn’t rain give us black clouds and lightning? That doesn’t sound right, that’s just downright scary!”


“Oh, but I think rain is very helpful.” Fluttershy replied. “It helps give all the flowers and plants water to help them grow. And without rain, where would there be a rainbow?”


“Rainbow Dash could help with that little problem,” Pinkie Pie added with a wink.


Fluttershy giggled. “True, but what about the plants and trees?”


Before Pinkie Pie could add another smart reply, a guard stepped in with a pegasus pony who had a mailbag wrapped around her. “This mailmare has a letter for Miss Fluttershy?” the guard asked.


“For....me?” Fluttershy timidly trotted to the guard and the mailmare. It was then that Fluttershy recognized the mailmare, especially a mare with such quirky eyes. “Oh, Derpy! It’s so nice to see such a friendly face. How are you?”


“Oh hi, Fluttershy!” Derpy wrapped Fluttershy in a friendly embrace. “Okey-dokey as an artichoke-y. I haven’t seen you since the Equestria Games.”


“I know,” Fluttershy paused, looking at Derpy’s mailbag. “It’s still dark outside. I thought mail was supposed to be delivered in the morning.”


“Well, yeah.” Derpy made a face that looked like she was hiding something. “But my mail routine has to be at an early time, especially since the sun should’ve been up a while ago.”


“That is true...”


“Anyhooves, I have a letter for ya, Flutters.” Derpy pulled out an envelope that had a seal as black as night, engraved like a rose. Fluttershy wondered from the looks of the rose-like seal, it could be from some sort of Horticultural Reserve for Rare and Exotic Flowers, perhaps?


Rarity trotted over to get a peak of the envelope and recognized the seal immediately. “Spikey-boo, could you please whip up some of your famous triple-decker nut vanilla cream cookies for me and Fluttershy? I absolutely adore your delectable little delicacies, and Pinkie Pie seems to have eaten enough sweets from the party.”


“Hey!” Pinkie Pie exclaimed. “When it comes to me and sweets, you know I can never stop-”


“Of course, Rarity!” Spike hopped off excitedly to the door, Pinkie Pie hopping right behind him.


“All those sweets really put me in a mood for baking,” Pinkie said. “So I’ll come with you to the kitchen, Spike!”


“Uhhh...” Spike was a little unsure with Pinkie and her hyper antics, but he knew he could trust her when it came to baking sweets. “Sure, Pinkie. You can help me out.”


“Wheeee!” Pinkie Pie squealed. “Let’s go bake some super-duper, triple-decker, nut-crazy vanilla cream cookies!”


As soon as Spike hesitantly left the room with Pinkie bouncing merrily behind, Rarity beckoned for Fluttershy toward the window seat.


“Come sit by me, darling! You can read your letter by the window.” She glanced towards Derpy and also invited her to come sit with them. Derpy happily obliged and mentioned to Rarity that she also had a letter.


It was from Fleur de Lis, informing that she would love to go shopping at Bridle Beauty Boutique in the afternoon with Rarity! Rarity practically squealed with delight at the news.


Bridle Beauty Boutique was the most extravagant and favored boutiques in all of Equestria for brides-to-be, for they had the most glamorous gowns made of all luxurious fabrics from charmeuse and chiffon, to damask and taffeta. Every mare who’s any mare would just pay their lifetime supply of horseshoes to buy a dress from Bridle Beauty Boutique. Rarity thanked Derpy with gratitude... and Fluttershy thought she saw Rarity give a knowing wink to Derpy... Maybe it’s a surprise for somepony who’s already engaged?


“Oh, sweetie. Do forgive me,” Rarity apologized. “I got too caught up in the moment...anyway, who wrote to you?”


Fluttershy looked down at her envelope. “I think it could be from some sort of Horticultural Reserve for Rare and Exotic Flowers, but I’m not so sure...”


“Well you’ll never know, precious, until you open it first. Allow me,” Rarity offered as she used her magic aura (her usual royal blue aura appeared to be a little more of a frosty blue) to open the seal and brought out a letter, which landed gracefully on Fluttershy’s lap. Fluttershy gently picked up the letter with her hooves and placed it close to the window so she could see it more clearly with the room’s light against the window’s nighttime display.


Fluttershy meekly began to read:

Dearest Fluttershy,

I do so enjoyed dancing with you in the moonlit sky, for gazing at your lovely face emanating such bashful demeanor was the cherry on top of a most spectacular night with you. You, my dear, are truly a delight to be around with.
Yet I wish I could see you again soon for I do wonder, come morning light, if you care to join me by the bridge in the Canterlot Gardens by say, 1:00 ? My humblest apologies for being so forward. I would just love to witness and experience all of the wondrous, magnificent accommodations Canterlot has to offer. And I cannot think of anypony else more radiantly suitable than you, my dear.
I shall be by the bridge that is closest by the waterfall to await you. Until we meet again, dear one.

Yours,

Drake Dracoulis


Fluttershy’s cheeks felt warm as she finished reading the letter.


“My...” Rarity trilled, swooning gently on the window sill. “What a romantic stallion...”


Fluttershy slowly exhaled and looked the name over again. Drake Dracoulis.... Drake.... I can’t believe he would write such lovely things to me, Fluttershy thought. And... he wants to see me again? She bowed her head in fear and shut her eyes.


“Fluttershy...?” Rarity lifted her head from her dramatic faint at the sound of Fluttershy’s small whimpers. “Sweetness, whatever is the matter?”


“I....” Fluttershy stammered. “I-I don’t know. I just feel so nervous, but I also kind of feel... happy that Drake would like to see me again.”


“Dearest, what you’re feeling is perfectly normal,” Rarity explained. “Especially when you have those sort of feelings for such a romantic stallion who wishes for your company... wait a moment...Drake? Is he the mystery stallion that you were about to introduce me to at the garden party?” Rarity asked.


Fluttershy slowly nodded.


“Oh, I wish I would’ve met him sooner....” Rarity cleared her throat. “But more importantly, it’s wonderful that this Drake would like to see you again, precious!”


“I... I guess so,” Fluttershy quietly agreed. “It’s just that... I know I’ve met him before... and danced with him...” Rarity gasped in delight at that.


“B-but I... when I first saw him and... was in his arms when I danced with him...” Fluttershy hugged herself. “I felt... so scared, I could feel my heart beating so fast... like I didn’t know if I would ever breathe again from being so close to him, that I... my heart couldn’t take it another second.” Her cheeks went aflame as she covered them with her hooves. “When I was so close to him, I... I couldn’t think of anything else. His eyes...” She closed her own eyes. “Those red eyes... it was like they could see me from the inside and... I felt so warm and-and anxious, never knowing what he was going to say or do next.”


“Wow, Flutters...” Derpy thoughtfully said. “Drake sounds like a charmer to me.”


“I agree, Derpy,” Rarity replied. “Fluttershy, how you described your feelings for him... those are the kind of feelings a mare usually feels when she meets a certain stallion that makes her happy. Tell me... did he say you were beautiful?”


“Well... I think so...”


“Did he chose to dance with you because he wanted to dance with you?”


“.....Maybe?”


“And most importantly-”


“Did he kiss you?!” Derpy cut in.


Fluttershy squealed and hid behind a pillow.


“No, that was not what I was about to ask,” Rarity glared at Derpy with annoyance. “Besides, that should never happen on a first date.” She turned back to Fluttershy. “What I was going to say was, did you enjoy dancing with Drake?”


“Oh...” Fluttershy thought back to when Drake promised her he would never abandon her and never let her go as he flew into the sky, holding her in his arms. She remembered how he described flowers as such precious, gentle little things as his forehead touched hers. She could see his eyes... those deep red eyes that seem to look into her soul... she felt so lightheaded and a little excited at the same time. “I... I did enjoy dancing with him...”


Rarity beamed. “See? That means you like him, darling! And it’s perfectly fine to feel those kind of emotions for him, because you enjoy being with him, he clearly enjoys being with you...” Rarity raised an eyebrow. “Which means that you should definitely go see him at, what did he say? 1:00?” She inhaled dramatically. “First thing tomorrow, we should make you look presentable and especially lovely....”


“Well, shouldn’t we have breakfast first?” Fluttershy asked.


“Oh, of course, of course.” Rarity went on and on about what kind of style Fluttershy’s mane should have and what accessory her mane should have along with it. But while Rarity went on about plans for tomorrow, she gazed out the window at the moon, thinking about her and Drake dancing in midair underneath it. She closed her eyes at the memory of being in his arms and gazing into those smoldering eyes of his. She sighed. And he wants to see me again... she blushed. Will he still like me...? I don’t know what will happen... a tiny smile crept up her lips. But it is pretty... exciting that I get to see him again...


“Just look at her,” Rarity whispered to Derpy. “She’s practically over the moon for him, it’s perfect.” She motioned for Derpy to follow her, so they could leave Fluttershy alone quietly while she slowly closed her eyes and one of the hoofmaidens carried her back to be bed. They sneaked out of her room, passing the guards as they prepared for Princess Cadance and Shining Armor’s arrival. Once they were gone,


Rarity whispered. “Derpy, when your done with your mail rounds, you should meet up with me and Fleur de Lis at Bridle Beauty Boutique. I’m sure he would love us all to meet together.”


“I know he would,” Derpy agreed. “Too bad Celestia won’t be able to meet up with us.”


“Yes, it is a pity,” Rarity disappointedly nodded. “But he is too clever to know that it would be rather questionable for the princess to be dillydallying with us during the daytime, don’t you think?”


“That is true...”


“But we must do what needs to be done, nonetheless....” Rarity slowly grinned. “Especially since he will have precious moments with his bride-to-be...”


Outside the window of Fluttershy’s bedchamber, Discordula peered in to see Fluttershy sleeping peacefully in her bed, while all the hoofmaidens continued to tend to her and the room. The hoofmaidens were tasty little morsels, but they could never compare to the beauteous little angel sleeping, her long pink locks spread out beneath her sweet head... her eyes closed, her long, pretty eyelashes guarding them and being a perfect distraction.... her adorable little nose... her tiny mouth parted, urging him to just come in, take her in his arms and....


Discordula groaned in frustration, knowing that he can’t enter in her dreams, now that Princess Luna was now on dream patrol. Not to mention the fact that he can’t enter inside the castle without anypony’s permission, and with Princess Celestia now imprisoned in some sort of protection barrier that Lulu whipped up...


“(growls) Be patient...” Discordula told himself. “Everything will fall into place the way you planned...” he glanced back in the window, gazing at Fluttershy. “Come morning light, my love...” he murmured, stroking the outline of Fluttershy’s chin with the window glass. “... we shall meet again very soon. And after such lovely times spent with you,” he said with a tantalizing grin as Princess Cadance slowly raised the sun, “I shall make you my princess of chaos.”

Author's Note:

What will become of Fluttershy on her date with 'Drake'?