• Published 2nd Nov 2014
  • 5,921 Views, 127 Comments

Discordula - Hazel Heart



A vampiric draconequus seeks out the blood of mares and the heart of the mare he wants as his bride: Fluttershy.

  • ...
9
 127
 5,921

It Takes Two To Lead Astray

The social party was both held in the Royal Ballroom and out in the front gardens of the Canterlot Castle. The Royal Ballroom was filled with balloons, confetti, streamers (of course, all the decor came from Pinkie Pie's party cannon) and the music was resonating off the stereo system, led by DJ PON-3. The dessert platter consisted of cupcakes, macarons, cake pops, and sparkling red punch. Twilight Sparkle cast a spell on the dessert table, just in case Pinkie Pie wanted to consume all the treats, but Pinkie was too busy enjoying all the dancing and humming to the rhythm of the music.


"Good thing you casted a spell on the dessert table," Applejack whispered to Twilight. Applejack's attire was country-themed with a saddle that was decorated with little apples and a navy-blue jean skirt. She had on a dark brown cowgirl hat with a rose and matching cowgirl boots. "I can't keep track of Pinkie Pie like a hog can't keep track of its own hygiene."


Twilight giggled. "Well, better be safe than sorry." Her gown was toned with sparkly purple and hinted with a little bit of blue. She wore her Princess Crown that had magenta colored gems.


She was looking around the Ballroom with contented satisfaction and sighed. "The party looks wonderful." She turned back to Applejack. "Have you seen Fluttershy and Rarity?"


"Rarity went to go get Fluttershy." Applejack informed. "She said she wanted to give Fluttershy something warm to put on, just in case."


"How sweet of her," Twilight remarked. "Well, I hope Rarity can help Fluttershy get over her worries."


"Tell me about it." Rainbow Dash replied. "I mean I love Fluttershy like a sister that I always want to protect, but I'm glad that she has Rarity with her to depend on." Her gown had a cloud themed saddle with rainbow streaks emanating out of it and was laid on a misty blue lace skirt. She had on golden Greek-style slippers and her mane was tied back with a cloud-themed clip.


"Come on, everypony!" Pinkie Pie shouted in the microphone. "Shake those groove-thangs to the beat!!!" Pinkie Pie was dressed with a white ruffled collar and a gold saddle that held onto a rosy pink skirt. Her bouncy pink mane was decorated with blue and white beads.


Applejack sighed. "Time to lasso up that pony before she can think of anything else so harebrained."


The front garden party was positively breathtaking. The trees were strung with blue and silver fairy lights, the vegan buffet was set up on the lawn serving many of the guests, and the musical orchestra was tuning up their instruments. Fluttershy and Rarity entered the garden party and a few gentlecolts' heads turned toward their entrance.


"How delightful is this little soiree in the castle gardens?" Rarity remarked. "The banquet in the Ballroom is vividly entertaining, but I personally prefer a charming little event like this."


"Oh, I agree," Fluttershy said. "It's more calm and quiet, and it's outside with so many beautiful flowers, lovely atmosphere..."


"And such handsome, hunk-worthy stallions," Rarity commented, batting her eyelashes at two unicorn stallions.


"Oh, Rarity...." Fluttershy whispered. "Don't encourage them...."


"Too late," Rarity winked.


The two stallions were walking towards Fluttershy and Rarity and introduced themselves as North Pole and South Pole.


"My name is Rarity," Rarity extended her hoof towards North Pole. "And this is my dear friend, Fluttershy."


South Pole gently held Fluttershy's hoof and kissed it. "An absolute pleasure to meet you Fluttershy."


"Oh... my," Fluttershy blushed. "A-and you as... well, South Pole."


"Say, haven't we first met you charming ladies at the Grand Galloping Gala a few years ago?"asked North Pole.


"I believe we might have," Rarity suggested.


"All I could honestly remember was a lot of singing..." Fluttershy admitted shyly.


"Well, I for one could remember such a beautiful face like yours," North Pole inquired toward Rarity.


"Or a beautiful voice such as yours," South Pole said to Fluttershy. "Would you care to dance with me?"


Fluttershy gulped and retreated beside Rarity whispering, "Oh, this is too much. Rarity, why did you have to bat your eyes at them?"


"One: because I’m so good at it. And two: this is a perfect way to let go of your fears, darling. Mingle a bit with a gorgeous gentlecolt and just enjoy yourself." Rarity encouraged her. "Just little foal steps at a time, darling." Rarity turned to South Pole. "I trust my friend will be in good, strong hooves?"


"Oh, most assuredly." South Pole held up Fluttershy's hoof tenderly and gazed at her with content eyes. "In fact, I am honored to be in this lovely filly's charge."


Fluttershy casted her face away shyly like a doe and allowed South Pole to lead the way on the dance floor.


"Shall I have the honor to accept a dance from you?" North Pole asked Rarity.


Rarity looked up at North Pole with seductive blue eyes. "Why, North Pole. Of course I-"


"Hi, Rarity!" Spike, Twilight Sparkle's young dragon ward, was in a tuxedo and black top hat. "Um, I-I was just wondering... you know, after your done dancing... with this guy..." Spike looked up at North Pole with envy in his eyes. "Do you... um, want to... dance... with me?"


"Oh, Spikey-boo." Rarity looked at North Pole with nervous eyes, then back at Spike. "Um, darling... how about I dance with you after..." Rarity paused for a moment. "... after you can find me some sparkling red punch in the Royal Ballroom, please?"


"OKAY!" Spike replied enthusiastically. "I shall be looking forward to it..." he bowed to her. ".... sweet Rarity."


Rarity gave Spike a sheepish grin as she trotted towards the dance floor with North Pole. "My apologies, North Pole," Rarity said. "That was another one of my dear friends, Spike. He's a very sweet dragon."


"Indeed," North Pole glanced towards Spike. "I can't blame him for being so attentive towards you."


"Oh, well..." Rarity blushed.


"Shall we, then?" North Pole inquired.


Rarity beamed. "We shall."


"I-I must tell you... I have four left hooves when it comes to dancing," Fluttershy confessed.


South Pole chuckled. "I think I can brave it. Besides," he held her chin tenderly. "You're worth the effort."


Fluttershy blushed as South Pole began to take her hoof, but suddenly South Pole froze with blank eyes and uttered in a monotonous tone, "I apologize, my dear. I also have two left hooves and a big, arrogant ego. Now if you'll excuse me, I must go refresh myself."


Fluttershy's expression was an adorable mix of bewilderment and concern. "Oh, South Pole. May I fetch you some water?"


"Oh, no. Please don't concern yourself with my dull awkwardness." South Pole began to walk away backwards. " I'll venture it alone, if you don't mind."


"Oh, um... okay." Fluttershy lowered her ears. "I hope you'll feel better...." She sighed sadly. "I hope it wasn't anything I've done to not make him dance with me." She walked off of the dance floor and sat down with the other mares who were waiting for a colt or stallion to ask them for a dance. "Maybe I'm not cut out for having a wonderful time with a stallion, like Rarity."


Suddenly she heard one of the mares gasp and whisper, "Who is that handsome stallion?" "Oh, my Celestia! He's... so.... breathtaking..." "(squeal) He's coming this way!"


Fluttershy thought South Pole finally felt better and would come to ask her back on the dance floor. But it wasn't South Pole at all...


"Oh... my..." Fluttershy whispered. A tall, lean stallion was approaching close to the group of mares she was sitting with and he was magnificent to behold. He appeared to be a pegasus pony, as his wings were somewhat lean for a male pegasus. Both his wings and coat were silver grey and his mane and tail were a charcoal black. He had a little wisp of a white goatee, which Fluttershy never saw on a stallion as young as he was. His cutie mark was a dragon skull that had a rose in between its jaws. Fluttershy turned her face away and prayed that he wouldn't see her. She wished that Rarity would let her wear her mane down, so she wouldn't be noticed. This hairstyle was too bold for Fluttershy to wear, so she shut her eyes, wrapped Rarity’s shawl tight around her shoulders and waited for the mysterious stallion to pick a mare to dance with.


"Now why would anypony try to hide such a pretty face, hm?"


Fluttershy inwardly squeaked and opened one eye to the side where she heard the dark, yet gentle voice. He was right in front of her, staring at her. The mares silently gasped and whispered, "Lucky! Oh, I wish I was in her horseshoes right now..."


"...oh...... uh-um..." Fluttershy quietly stammered. She shyly looked down and was too nervous to make eye-contact with this tall stranger. "H-hello, g-good sir..."


As he lifted her chin with his hoof, Fluttershy slowly gazed first at his smoldering, yet reassuring smile. And then into his eyes that were a sinful deep color of red.


He chuckled. "There she is." He tilted his head a little to the side. "And your name is...?"


Fluttershy blushed and squeaked, "F-F-Fluttershy..."


The stallion closed his eyes and quietly sighed. "Fluttershy," he slowly murmured. "Sounds just like butterfly, a beautiful creature to behold.... it clearly suits you."


Fluttershy sheepishly smiled. "Oh... th-thank you, um.."


"Oh, please forgive me," the stallion bowed. "My name is Drake Dracoulis. But you can call me Drake," he winked.


"D-Drake? Goodness, I-I've never heard that kind of name before." Fluttershy admitted. "Well, it's an honor to meet you, Drake."


"Well, may I have the most highest of honors to have a dance with you?" Drake asked with an extended hoof.


"Oh...." Fluttershy was afraid if Drake would trot out on her like South Pole did. "A-are you sure you want to dance with me, and won't get so lightheaded and...?"


"My dear, why would you ever think of such a thing?" He tilted his head to the other side. "Did somepony, or should I say, some mule stood you up?" He turned towards a mule in a top hat, who was walking alongside him. "No offense."


"None taken." The mule replied, sipping a glass of sparkling red punch.


"Oh,well..." Fluttershy explained.


"How about we continue this little explanation while we dance, hmm?" Drake inquired. "And you can trust me on my word," he nuzzled her chin with his front knee. "I shall never abandon you."


She saw trust and reassurance in his eyes. It's just one dance, Fluttershy. She thought. Just little foal steps at a time, like Rarity said. "Okay," she said softly. She placed her hoof in his and allowed him to lead her to the dance floor.


Octavia took the lead with her cello and started playing in slow notes that sounded so deep and mysterious like Drake, while the violinists followed high and sweet like Fluttershy. Drake turned Fluttershy towards himself and started to trot in place to the music. Fluttershy tried to follow him, but was starting to get a little skittish on how to match his hoofing. Drake started to notice and pulled her closer towards his chest.


"Maybe it would be better if we were closer together, don't you think?" Drake whispered into her ear.


Fluttershy squeaked when she realized that Drake was so close to her face. She blushed and sheepishly smiled at him. "I-I just never danced with anypony like this before," Fluttershy confessed.


"Hmmm, then I guess I shall be the one to have the honor of being your first dancer to do... this." Drake freed his hoof from Fluttershy's, twirled her a little, and dipped her.


Fluttershy gasped with surprise as Drake slowly brought her back up with a smug smile and a chuckle. “So worth the effort to see your face react in such an adorable display.”


Fluttershy felt heat in her cheeks. “G-goodness....” she stuttered. “ Th-that was...so sudden.”


“How about we take this dance to new heights?” Drake inquired. And with that, Drake spread his wings and gently lifted Fluttershy into the sky.


Fluttershy nervously squeaked. “Drake...heights are one of the many things I’m afraid of.”


Drake gazed at her face and held her chin in his hoof. “Just keep your eyes on me and not on the ground.” His voice sounded deep, yet gentle. “I swear I’ll never let you go.”


Fluttershy looked up at Drake, with the pearl-white moon illuminating in the background. All her life, Fluttershy has always been nervous around many things: heights, crowds, huge, fire-breathing dragons (even though she told one dragon off like a stern mother). But as she gazed into Drake’s syrah red eyes, she felt a new kind of nervous that she had never felt before. Drake appeared to be charming and intimidating so much so that Fluttershy wanted to hide from him, yet she didn’t want to. He seemed so sweet and gentle with her...... but then again, she just met him. Oh, what am I doing? Fluttershy thought to herself. What is this feeling that I feel for somepony I just met? I don’t even know anything about him, yet he chose me to dance with him. I... I suppose I could just... ask him? “Um...” Fluttershy started. “Drake...?”


“Yes, dearest Fluttershy?”


“I...well...um...” She felt like her lips were going numb. “I... just... wanted to know... if it was alright with you, of course.... if you could tell me... a little bit about yourself?”


“Oh, well... there’s not much to tell, really...” Drake looked away for a moment at the moon as he still held Fluttershy in his arms. “I’m just a lone stallion who seeks the joy of life, intrigue...” he glanced back at Fluttershy with a smile, “... and beauty.”


Fluttershy tried to hide behind her hair like a fawn hiding behind her mother’s legs. Drake sighed as he twirled with her in their dance. “And then there are times when I would like to venture alone in the solace of nature and appreciate the sights and sounds of an evergreen utopia... and dream of making it my own.”


Fluttershy never heard anypony describe nature like that before. And she, of all ponies, loved and appreciated nature. “Really? What do love most about nature?”


Drake stroked Fluttershy’s soft, pink mane. “Flowers,” he whispered as he found one of the little flowers that were in Fluttershy’s mane. “Flowers are precious, gentle little things that can surprise you with their color, beauty, and inner courage to face the sun.” He gazed into Fluttershy’s eyes. “ Yet, you sometimes feel the need to care for and protect what is so gentle and precious to you... that you feel...”


Fluttershy could feel Drake’s forehead touch hers and her eyes started to flutter with anticipation for what he was about to say. With her eyes somewhat closed, Fluttershy could feel that Drake dipped her again, with Octavia finishing the music with her deep, cello chords. There was stomps of applause from down below.


“Oh, my... Drake?” Fluttershy asked. “The music seems to be over... may we please... go back down to the party?”


“I thought you wanted to get to know me, my dear,” Drake gently persisted.


“I-I do... just safely on the ground.” Fluttershy thought she saw Drake’s eyes change yellow around his red pupils for a moment, but perhaps it was the trick of the moonlight.

“As you wish,” Drake graciously acquiesced to her request. He slowly landed on the ground, with Fluttershy still in his arms. Fluttershy slowly stepped out of his embrace and thanked him for dancing with her.


“Please,” Drake murmured, still holding her hoof. “I believe it was I who had the greatest pleasure of dancing with you.” Fluttershy sheepishly looked away, but glanced back at him with shy, doe eyes.


“Fluttershy, darling!” Fluttershy turned her attention towards Rarity, who was trotting along with North Pole at her side. “Oh, how marvelous is this? We get to dance with such eligible stallions and... wait a moment. Darling, where is South Pole?”


“Oh, Rarity. It was so strange. South Pole said he didn’t feel well and... I guess he suddenly didn’t feel like dancing with me. I wanted to help him, but he didn’t want any of my assistance.”


“Oh, precious. I’m so sorry.” Rarity turned to North Pole. “Is he always like this?”

“Not really.” North Pole raised an eyebrow. “He would never deny a mare for a dance. Fluttershy, do you know where he is?”


“Well, no. All he said was that he was going to go refresh himself, so he might either be at the punch table or the fountain in the garden. He could be anywhere.”


“Right, I’ll go search for him. Rarity,” he held Rarity’s hoof and kissed it. “It’s been a pleasure to dance with you and I hope we’ll meet again soon.”


Rarity beamed at North Pole. “I hope so as well.”


As soon as North Pole left, Fluttershy said, “Oh, Rarity. I’d like to introduce you to Dra-” But as she turned back to where Drake stood, he was gone. “Wha-? Drake?” Fluttershy looked around and couldn’t find any signs of Drake.


“Drake? Who’s Drake, darling?”


“Well, he’s-”


“Rarity!” Spike came running towards the two with a glass filled to the brim with sparkling red punch. “I got you some punch! You must be thirsty after dancing with that North Pole....lucky stallion... (clears throat) Anyway, do you want to have another dance...” Spike took his hat off and gazed up at Rarity with eager, emerald eyes. “... with me this time?”


“Well, North Pole did leave on short notice and you’ve been sweet enough to fetch some punch for me. I suppose I can accept a little dance with you, Spikey-wikey.”


“....... REALLY?! WOO-HOO!!!!!” Spike exclaimed. All the ponies in the garden turned their attention to him in annoyance. “Uh, I mean... great.” Spike blushed a little. “And... sorry, everyone.”


Rarity giggled a little. “ Just let me finish my drink first, if you please.” Just as her lips met with the brim of the glass, she heard a commanding, yet gentle whisper in the winds calling her name. “Rarity.... come to me....now...” There was something about this voice that sounded so... tempting... and hard to resist.


Spike noticed that Rarity was sighing longingly. “Rarity? Are you okay?”


She glanced back towards Spike. “Darling, I’d like to finish my drink in the garden, if you don’t mind.”


Spike glanced around the garden party. “Uh.... we are in the garden.”


“I’m just going to take a little stroll around to clear my head before I want to dance again.”


“Do you want me to come with you?”


“No, no, no, Spike. I’ll be fine on my own.” Rarity whisked herself away around the corner of the castle, with glass in her magic, blue aura.


Spike turned to Fluttershy. “Aw, man. I hope she’ll come back soon.”


“Oh, I’m sure she’ll be alright, Spike.”


“So, do you want to dance with me, Fluttershy?”


“(giggles) Sure, Spike.”


“Where are you, you dark, sly stranger?” Rarity called out.


Over here, you delectable, little morsel.


Rarity turned her attention in a clear opening of a marble bench illuminated by the moonlight. She approached in the opening with caution, looking around.


Have a seat, lovely.”


Rarity took a seat on the bench and sipped her punch. Through the glass, she saw a figure in the distance, with dark smoke trailing behind. “North Pole, is that you?” She said dreamily.


Hardly.” Rarity saw the figure’s yellow eyes glowing in the moonlight. “I see you’re having a drink there, little lady.” The figure stepped out of the darkness, and the moonlight revealed Discordula, smiling at Rarity menacingly with sharp, white teeth. “Just looking at you, I’m pretty parched myself.”

Author's Note:

Fluttershy meets Drake Dracoulis... or is that really his name?