• Published 8th Sep 2014
  • 5,201 Views, 69 Comments

My Little Pony Next Generation: The New Harmony! - Alphamon_Ouryuken



An ancient evil has returned, and when the original wielders of Harmony aren't enough, a new generation of heroes must answer the call...

  • ...
12
 69
 5,201

Prologue

“Once upon a time, in the magical land of Equestria, Pegasi, Unicorns, and Earth Ponies lived together in peace and harmony under the rule of the Goddess of the Sun: Princess Celestia. However one fateful day, the Princess’ sister, once corrupted with jealousy and spite, returned from her 1,000 year banishment, the wicked mare of darkness: Nightmare Moon."

“Nightmare Moon vowed that she would shroud the land in eternal night, and would have succeeded if not for six special mares -the most outrageous bunch of mares you'll ever hear of- who stood together to face the corrupted Princess, each one wielding the magic of the Elements of Harmony: Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Honesty, Loyalty, and Magic.”

“Together they freed the Princess from the darkness that corrupted her, and went on to fight many evils that threatened the peace of Equestria. The God of Chaos who was tamed and shown the true power of friendship, shapeshifting creatures that were banished from the lands, an evil Unicorn King who was vanquished with the help of their ally: a brave young dragon.”

“But eventually, they were forced to return the Elements to whence they came: the Tree of Harmony. And in doing so, unlocked a completely new power: the Rainbow Power, which aided them in imprisoning a powerful demon back in Tartarus."

"However as time has passed on, our heroines became older, and started the next, wonderful step of their lives...Parenthood. Each of our heroines eventually married and had children of their own to love and raise. But, even with a new charge on their hooves, they never forgot those daring times of adventure and how they all protected Equestria from Evil…”

Princess Twilight Sparkle smiled as she finished her story before looking down at the sleeping unicorn colt in his bed. “Goodnight Nighty.” She said before giving him a small kiss on his head before leaving the room and letting out a content sigh. ’I never do get tired of that story...’ She thought to herself as she walked down the halls of her castle.

However, darkness doesn’t cease to exist even in times of peace, it only seeks to grow…


“Could you please knock it off?”

“What? I’m not doing anything.” Answered a maroon pegasus wearing royal guard armor

“Seriously, Hot Head. If the Lieutenant catches you, don’t expect me to stand by your side.” Warned the lavender unicorn stallion; Lucky Star. He and his friend; a red Pegasus named Hot Head, had been patrolling the hallways of Canterlot Castle as usual, making sure that nothing was out of place. Of course that is the exact opposite of what his pegasus buddy was doing.

The prankster had spent all their time in duty turning the helmets of every suit of armor they found, so that they were looking at the wall behind it. “Pfft, I don’t get why you’re so worried. I just wanna see how long it takes Fletcher to notice this.” Calmly said Hot Head while adjusting another armor, one that was located on the entrance hall.

“Which could happen sooner than you expect and get you into some serious trouble. Just finish with that one and move on.” Lucky pleaded to his all time friend. Even though Lucky would be much rather avoid unnecessary risks, he also enjoys a good prank once in a while. He’d sometimes even play as a lookout for Hot Head, so that neither of them got caught.

“Hold it right there!”

Just like now.

The two stallions turned around in alarm, only to glare at the source of the feminine voice. An Earth Pony mare with a golden mane and coat giggled as trotted towards the two. "Honestly, you guys can be too easy sometimes!" She snickered.

"Oh ha ha ha, very funny Amber!" Hot Head snorted.

"It's not my fault that you're so easy to tease." She smirked. "And besides, if you're going to go through the effort of pulling a prank..." She paused before grabbing one of the armor Hot Head had been messing with and adjusted the body and back-hoof, making it look like it was taking a leak. "...you need to go the extra mile." She finished as Hot Head fell on the floor laughing and Lucky just rolled his eyes.

"I swear it's like I work with toddlers sometimes!" Lucky groaned. "You do realize we‘ll be in serious trouble if we get caught right? And I'm not covering for you two this ti-" The lavender unicorn's eyes widened when he noticed someone approaching them, the other two noticed their friends shift in tone and immediately turn to where he was looking...and gasped in shock

It was not a pony, that much was sure. It appeared to be a large gargoyle of some sort. It was tall, even taller than Princess Celestia herself, though that was because it walked on its hind legs. Brown fur covered its body, ending just before its wrists and ankles, after which each member ended on a grey skinned appendage. On the back it sported a pair of bat wings and long tale, the end of which ended in a tuft of dark brown, similar to the lion mane around its neck, that just barely reached the top of it’s head. The creature's face resembled that of a baboon, with a long muzzle and flat nose. However, the most shocking thing of the gargoyle were its eyes, black as the void, with green irises.

"Halt! State your name immediately!" Lucky shouted as he quickly got in front of his friends.

“I need to speak to the Princesses at once.” Said the gargoyle in a raspy, slithery voice.

"I don't think you heard him." Amber said with a scowl as she and Hot Head got to their friend’s side. "State your name immediately or we will be forced to use force!"

The gargoyle narrowed his eyes for a moment before sighing and relaxing his muscles. "My name is Scorpan, I come bearing important news for the Princesses."

"And why in Celestia's mane should we believe you?!" Hot Head snorted as he took a step forward. "For all we know you could be planning to assassinate the Princesses!"

Scorpan seemingly rolled his eyes, before giving the three of them a deadpan expression. "Yes, because assassinating the Princesses within breathing distance of the God of Chaos would be such a good plan." He said, sarcasm dripping off of every word.

Hot Head was about to retort when another voice interrupted them. "What is going on here?!"

Everyone turned to see another Royal Guard approaching them, an Earth Pony Stallion with a light brown coat and a brown & yellow mane.

"Commander Fletcher!" Hot Head exclaimed giving a salute, mimicking that of his friends. "This creature," He said, casting a glare at the gargoyle. "Is demanding entrance as well as an audience with the Princess!"

Fletcher arched a brow. "And you are...?"

"Scorpan." He answered, just mildly annoyed at the slow reception.

Fletcher blinked. "Scorpan? As in Scorpan, "Brother of Tirek"?" He asked, much to the three guards confusion.

Scorpan nodded.

"Wait, you know this guy?" Amber asked.

“I’ll debrief the three of you later. Please Sir, follow me.” Added Fletcher addressing the unusual guest. Both took to the hallways, undoubtedly in direction to the throne room, leaving the trio of guards completely confused. However, right before he turned a corner, Fletcher returned to address them. “By the way, Hot Head. Somepony has been messing with the castle armors. Be sure to fix those few after you polish each and every one of the castle.” Satisfied with the instruction, the lieutenant continued his way.

“Oooooooh, busted!” Lucky taunted him while Amber snickered shamelessly.

“Shaddup.” Hot Head muttered.

"You too, Amber!" Fletcher called, causing the Earth Pony to stop giggling, Lucky simply gave them a smug smirk.


As Fletcher and Scorpan entered the throne room, they were treated to the sight of the Princess of the Sun in the middle of an argument with her husband; Discord.

"Honestly, you are just impossible sometimes!"

"I honestly fail to see how this is my fault."

“Who else would drop a bucket of bleach that turned me into GRAYSCALES?!” Hollered the alicorn mare to the suddenly frightened draconequus. Effectively, the pinkish white alicorn, with a flowing mane of the colors of the morning lights and golden and purple regalia now stood up in the throne room with none of those colors, but rather a selection of gray tones. It was a rather amusing sight to behold, which earned a stifled laugh from the current visitor, prompting the couple to direct their gazes upon him, after which the Princess of the Sun seemingly exchanged her rage into confusion. “Scorpan? What are you…?”

“My apologies, your Majesty.” Interveined Commander Fletcher, taking a step toward the Princess and giving a deep bow. “Lord Scorpan has arrived just a few minutes ago. He claims to have important news to give you.”

Princess Celestia nodded in understanding, and after asking Scorpan to wait a few seconds more, she returned to her husband. “Could you at least turn me back again?”

Discord immediately snapped his fingers and in a flash Celestia recovered all of her colors. “If you ask me, you look just fine either way.”

“Thanks honey, but we’re not done about this.” The Princess added before dismissing both him and the lieutenant, though she knew the former wouldn’t go too far, leaving just herself and the current king of the Demon Wastelands. “It’s been a long time Scorpan, but I’m glad to see an old friend again.”

“The sentiment is mutual, your highness.” Said the gargoyle demon at the same time he gave a brief bow. “I’d come to visit sooner, but due to the recent events… How is he?” Scorpan asked in a solemn tone.

Celestia also took on a sad semblance as she faced that question. “Tirek’s been kept under triple security after his re-imprisonment, but he’s still as defiant as ever.” Celestia winced when she looked the expression on Scorpan’s face, that betrayed the burden of shame and guilt. There was something else on him though, like certain eagerness to say something that is bothering him. “But Tirek is not the reason you came to Equestria, is it?”

Scorpan somberly nodded before turning to gaze upon the morning sky, the Sun pouring its light through the room’s windows. “I’m afraid you are right, Celestia. I have terrible news for Equestria:” He turned to see Princess Celestia to the eye, and she could see the graveness of the situation engraved on his factions.

“Grogar is returning.”


DarknessRising And Hidden Scorpius XI, present:
A “My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic” Fanfiction.
Based on the characters created by Kilala97.

My Little Pony Next Generation: The New Harmony!