• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 939 Views, 27 Comments

A Hopeful Melody - deerstunt



Octavia and her past life of dread and happiness.

  • ...
2
 27
 939

Time To Play (Chapter Seven)

Author's Note:

This is a very short chapter but it explains alittle what happen after the previous chapter.

The new chapter will be up soon and prepare for alot longer chapters!

It's been almost two months since the passing of Majestic and there isn't a night that Carnelian doesn't think about her, but his mind is more on Octavia than any pony right now. Octavia's birthday is coming up fast, and she is growing very fast, she now can speak and follow directions. She learned so much but she learned more from her own mother. Octavia still remembers her and still remembers what she told her about the pink ribbon that was given to her. She took it by heart and would start her day off first by getting Carnelian to tie it in her hair.

Carnelian usually just woke up and tried his best to take care of Octavia before heading to work. Most of the time he would ask if the Hooves could care for her while he is at work. After everything that happened Carnelian tries to hold his head.

One morning Carnelian awoke in his bed and looked around, just to notice he was still very lonely in his room. He stood out of bed and went to Octavia's room. Octavia was still very silent in her crib but still didn't bother her until he was ready for work that day. He went back into his room and grabbed his uniform and putted it on and went down stairs to fix Octavia's breakfast to go. After her meal was fixed he went upstairs and grabbed the pink ribbon and tied it on her mane. He took her out of the crib and sat her down to walk with him to the Hooves' house. They went out the front door and locked it behind them. Carnelian walked with Octavia right next door and knocked on the door. Lighting opens the door and welcomes Carnelian in the household.

"Carnelian come on in." Lighting asked Carnelian

"Sorry, I need to get to work." Carnelian answered.

Carnelian said good bye to everyone after giving a kiss to Octavia and Octavia ran inside to tackle Derpy. Lighting waved goodbye and continued in the house closing the door behind her. Octavia ran upstairs to play with Derpy and Vinyl and it has become a daily thing now. It's always been Derpy, Vinyl, and Octavia playing with each other no matter where they were at, even when times seem bad, they were always having fun. As Octavia ran through the door and tackled Derpy with a hug, and Vinyl jumped on top of them to join the fun. As they got up and continued to play.

"What you want to do now?" Vinyl said to the other two.

Both fillies look at each other and shrugged. Vinyl looked at both of them while she thought.

"How about we play Royal Guard Attack again?" Vinyl ask.

"I call being the leader!" Derpy yelled.

They went into the toy box and grabbed there dress up armor and putted it on. Derpy started to command Vinyl and Octavia around.

"The big bullies are over there, attack!" Derpy yelled.

Octavia and Vinyl ran to that side of the room and attacked the imaginative warriors. Derpy would order them around every where. They ran around the room, down the stairs, and out in the backyard. As they ran back inside from playing, they were tired, Lighting looked at them while she was cleaning her clothes. She smiled and started to play with them.

"I'm the big bully, Discord, I come to cause chaos to all!" Lighting said while flying toward them slowly.

The fillies screamed with excitement and started to attack Lighting. After they got done attacking, Lighting started to gently fall to the ground.

"Oh no, I have been defeated!" Lighting said when she was on the ground and she just played dead.

The fillies yelled with victory and looked the other way, then Lighting got up slowly and grabbed all three fillies and hugged all of them.

"I don't think you all ate your breakfast yet." Lighting told them.

"Were not hungry though Mrs. Hooves!" Vinyl said.

"I'm hungry." Octavia told Vinyl.

"Well Carnelian and Fairy made you both your breakfast and I made breakfast for Derpy, now we don't want it to got waste do we." Lighting told the fillies.

"Nope!" Octavia replied.

She smiled and took all of them to the dinner table, she went and grabbed the breakfasts and gave them all there food. They started to dig in to there paper bags besides derpy she just ate of a plate. After Octavia and Vinyl grabbed there food, Derpy started to lean over trying to grab the bags. Vinyl took her bag and slid it over to her. Derpy took the bag and put in on her head. Vinyl and Octavia started to laugh historically at the moment. Lighting came and grabbed the bag of her head and walked over to the other bag just too make sure she didn't get the other. Derpy just looked at Lighting and smiled.

After they got done eating they continue to run around the house playing multiple games that most people Lighting's age don't remember, but as long as they were harmless they were perfectly okay with her. Lighting continue to figure what she wanted too do with the fillies today, so she can spend time with all of them because she treated Vinyl and Octavia with the same amount of love as she treated Derpy. Just because she saw all three of them grow up and spent most of her time with each of them everyday. She grew attached too Octavia and Vinyl. She knew Octavia didn't have a mother any more but she wanted to make sure she had a mother figure in her life.

Fairy couldn't take care of Vinyl during the day because she lived alone and worked at the spa to pay for food and bills, and Carnelian as well. They are both in the same problem but they wanted to take care of there fillies even if they didn't know it.