• Published 20th Jan 2014
  • 939 Views, 27 Comments

A Hopeful Melody - deerstunt



Octavia and her past life of dread and happiness.

  • ...
2
 27
 939

One String At A Time (Chapter Three)

It's been almost over a week since Octavia has left the hospital. One night she was lying in her carriage wide awake but just listened to the music that Majestic left on in her room while the full moonlight shined through the window. It was very light music, no vocals and nothing sudden, just very calm and gentle music by the Manehattan Orchestra. As she listened, she started to play along with the music, it was odd but very unique for a filly. She would beat her hooves on the soft cushion and make melodies with her mouth. It didn't sound really well but you couldn't expect much from a filly that's only been alive for only two weeks. After an hour of playing to the music she tired herself out and fell asleep to the sweet melody.

The very next morning Carnelian started to get ready to go back too work at the train station as a conductor. He had two weeks off because of the birth of his daughter but has to go back because of the low amount of money they had left. He got up and putted his formal conductor's uniform on and kissed Majestic while she slept. He walked into Octavia's room too check on her and she was silently asleep with her blanket under her. He took her and the blanket and brought her into the room with Majestic and laid her down next to Majestic and continued off to work.

Majestic woke up to notice Octavia with her tongue out and smacking both her hooves up and down on the pillow with a constant beat.

"Boof.....Boof.....Boof.....Boof!"

"What are you doing Octavia?" Majestic asked with a sweet voice.

"Boof Boof Boof Boof." Octavia's beats just got faster.

She finally started to fling her hooves so hard up and down that when her hands went up for the last time, she lost balance and fell backwards on the bed and started to laugh while Majestic smiled and helped her up. She grabbed Octavia and took her down stair to get some breakfast. She sat her back in the feeding chair and started to make some warm oats for her to eat. Again Octavia started beating her hands against the chair and made a louder noise.

"BANG BANG BANG!"

This made Majestic jump with fear! She looked back to see that Octavia was beating her chair. She turned around to stop Octavia from hurting herself in the chair. Octavia started to gently tug on Majestic's ears and Majestic turned around to continue with Octavia's meal. After Octavia ate her food, she took her to the bathroom to give her a bath. Once Majestic started to bathe her she notice a thin and small mane growing on Octavia's head.

"Octavia, your growing up too quick!" Majestic screamed.

She is just sitting quietly in the tub, while she received her bath, Majestic took her out of the bath and took her into the bedroom and sat her on the bed. Majestic started to speak to her while Octavia was sitting on the bed.

"Since your growing up, I should give you something my Mother gave me when I was your age."

She went into her dresser and pulled out a pink ribbon and turned around too Octavia and said.

"My, mother gave this to me, because she knew as long as I had it I would always know, I would always have her." Majestic said while tying it on her head. "She meant so much to me, and now I want to share that love with you, as long as you wear this ribbon I will always be with you."

Octavia had no idea what she was talking about, but she leaned over and hugged Majestic around the neck, like she would always do after she got a bath. Majestic held her and hugged her. She picked Octavia up and took her down stairs to be put in the filly carriage to go meet up with Fairy to go out to eat. They started to head out of the door. Fairy and Majestic met up at the Betties and Flowers restaurant to grab some food and let Vinyl and Octavia play in an open field.

"Hey, Majestic!" Fairy shouted.

"Hey, how are you doing?" Majestic replied.

They continued the conversation while getting some food and started too head to the National Canterlot Park. Once they got there they sat down on the bench and let Vinyl and Octavia go out and play in the open field.

"Hey do you mind if I ask you a personal question?" Majestic asked.

"Not at all." Fairy replied.

"I've never met your husband, do you mind if I meet him one day." Majestic asked.

Fairy was in the process of putting her sandwich in her mouth and paused to answer the question while setting the sandwich down slowly.

"I've lost my husband months ago." Fairy said with depression.

"I'm so sorry to hear that!" Majestic quickly replied.

"No...no it's okay, it's best if I tell you what happen to get it off my chest because I haven't been able to tell anyone because I had no friends before. Now it's the Hooves and your family." Fairy paused while Majestic nodded.

"His name was Colbalt, he was a construction worker at Manehattan, he was working on one of the skyscrapers on the bottom floor and the bolts weren't attached correctly on the third story and it completely collapsed on top of him." Fairy said while she started to cry.

Majestic put her and Fairy's food to the side and hugged Fairy.

"Fairy, I am sorry for your lost, but to let you know I will always be here to help you and if you ever need me to help you just ask me and I will make sure it happens." Majestic told Fairy

Fairy starts too wipe her tears off of her face and looks at Majestic with a grin.

"You should eat, it will make you feel better." Majestic told Fairy.

"Yeah, your right, I'm just thinking about Vinyl having a father figure in her life." Fairy said looking up to Vinyl.

Vinyl and Octavia were listening to a band playing in the park. There was one Cellist, Guitarist, and Percussionist beating on buckets, pots, and pans.They were just a poor band trying to make some cash. Octavia started to beat her hooves on the ground and Vinyl started to just stare at the band members. They noticed that the fillies started to listening to them and started to pick up there instruments and walk toward them. The band starts to sit down with the fillies and starts to continue too play. Octavia and Vinyl both start banging there hooves on the ground. The percussionist slid his bucket over to Vinyl and the Cellist let Octavia pluck his Cello's string and they continued to jam out with the band.

Majestic and Fairy start to walk over too see what was going on and notice that there children were playing instruments with the band. While the band was just smiling away and the fillies laughing and playing with there own beat. Majestic and Fairy sat down on the ground and started to clap there hooves to the beat of the band. After every song Majestic and Fairy would clap and cheer and the fillies would clap and laugh just for the fun of it.

After the band was done playing for the day they told the fillies, that they had a heart for music and never to drop their dreams no matter what happens. They looked back up to the mothers and bowed and the fillies started to bow with them. Vinyl fell over face first into the grass and they laughed. The guitarist thanked the mothers and the fillies for the entertainment and crowd. He looked down at the fillies and the guitarist took his purple glasses off and gave them to Vinyl and the Cellist took his bow and gave it to Octavia. They bowed there hats and galloped out of the park.

The mothers looked at the fillies and told them to say goodbye to each other. Vinyl leaned over and grabbed Octavia and gave her a hug. They picked them up and set them back in the carriages and started home. Once Octavia got home Majestic took Octavia out of the carriage and sat her down with her toys and took the bow and headed up stairs and sat it on the top shelf in Octavia's room. She continued down the stair to prepare dinner for the family.

An hour later, Carnelian walked in to the smell of dinner in the next room, and yells.

"I'm home, honey."

He walked in the room and started to play and talk with Octavia until dinner was done. Shortly after Majestic screamed for Carnelian to bring Octavia and himself to come eat. Carnelian grabbed Octavia and started to gallop to the dinner table. He sat Octavia down in the feeding chair and sat down to eat his meal with his family.

Author's Note:

Chapter Four will come Thursday at 1/23/14 before midnight.

Thank Your favors, likes, and most of all your support. You people are the reason why I will continue to write the story.

-To be honest I rather you like and favor my stories rather than follow me and I do enjoy having you all read my stories.